[FM21] Makeover In Hanover (fka En Vogue In Vigo)

Carambau

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spacer.png

A New Challenge

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

David Luis of course will be our number one. Bilbao is a solid backup and I promoted Chechu from our B team to learn.

Defenders

spacer.png

The team was missing a solid left wing back and so I brought in Lamine Tapé from Bayern Munich for 4.3MBrummel and Carluccio were bought as backups. Israel Freitas is promoted from the B Team.

Midfielders

spacer.png

Here is where we shine most. Papini is a quick right winger and Curras will be our deep lying playmaker. Marques comes from Benfica on a free. Xynas will play as a striker mostly. Fran is our rising star, a gem in the making.

Attackers

spacer.png

Ricard is another young talent. Hope he plays well together with Rodriguez or Xynas.

Key Player

spacer.png

Our schemer in central midfield. Great Agility (18), First Touch (17), Technique (16) and Flair (16). I had to promise him he will be sold if an offer of 60M comes in (which will hopefully not happen).

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Vamos!

RESULTS

spacer.png

Pre-Season didnt start well, we even lost to good old Twente. But then the team started to understand my tactics and we beat Levante on the first match day and did not concede a goal in the following two games.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

A promising start.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Livin La Vida Loca

RESULTS

spacer.png

A friendly at the beginning of the month to boost our morale during the national team break. Then we host Getafe and draw 3-3 in a spectacular game where we failed to hold on to a 3-1 lead unfortunately. The match against big Real Madrid looks tight on first glance but they were all over us for most of the game. A credible draw against Villareal followed and we close the month with a deserved 2-0 victory against Real Sociedad.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

Last season Celta Vigo finished 11th. The board wants a top half finish this season and we are well on our way to achieve just that. Barcelona are relentless with Camavinga in midfield and Haaland in attack.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Hard Life

RESULTS

spacer.png

Dreadful month. Then again, we had tough opposition. It started nicely when we draw away at Mallorca. We lost against Granada in an even game where a draw would have been more fitting. Then we thrashed small Cadiz 3-0. No chance against Barca at home and it was just the same at Sevilla. We need to keep our heads up.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

We fall down to 10th place but this was not a surprise after these results. We quickly have to pick up our form again.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Life In The Sun

RESULTS

spacer.png

Flawless. We win our 4 games in November convincingly, even the victory at Bilbao was never in danger. And of course Rodriguez havin a blast against Las Palmas!

LA LIGA

spacer.png

Would be nice if we finished there at the end.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Falling Down

RESULTS

spacer.png

Our form is declining fast. No win this month but at least we were able to progress in the Copa Del Rey against 2nd division Leganés. We will play 3rd division side La Nucia in the 2nd round.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

7th would also be ok.

Edited by Carambau

Aim to get 38 points in the second half of the season. 68 points should be enough for Europe.

Beat the cellardwellers like a drum and play .500 against everyone else. (winning the home matches and snatching a few away draws) 

Then you will be fine and happy to be in Spain.

10 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Aim to get 38 points in the second half of the season. 68 points should be enough for Europe.

Beat the cellardwellers like a drum and play .500 against everyone else. (winning the home matches and snatching a few away draws) 

Then you will be fine and happy to be in Spain.

Sounds good (and sounds like the lyrics from a song somehow :) ) Will do.

spacer.png

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

RESULTS

spacer.png

A good start into the new year! We win the next 2 rounds of the Copa Del Rey before Real Sociedad knocks us out in the fourth round. In the league, we win 2, draw 1 and lose 1 against Real Madrid.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

We are lurking...

NEWS

spacer.png

We arranged some future transfers for next season. All these players will join for free after their contracts run out.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Keeping Up

RESULTS

spacer.png

We are able to carry our good form into February. Ok, the opposition hasnt been that strong if we exclude Real Sociedad but still. The goalless draw was well earned too.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

Look at that. This would earn us a CL place. But the season is still long.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Close Race

RESULTS

spacer.png

As expected we lose against Barcelona but it was a decent showing from us. An easy win against bottom Cadiz and a well-worked victory vs Granada plus the lucky last-minute draw against strong Sevilla keep us up with the big boys in the table.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

Still, it´s only 4 points to a non-european place.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Rollin´

RESULTS

spacer.png

I just love this team! They just go on and on and win their games they are supposed to! Ok, that draw against Osasuna was unexpected but hey - we are talking about a team that finished 11th last season! Good times!

LA LIGA

spacer.png

We made it. We will play in Europe next season! And still 2 games to go to maybe achieve more!

NEWS

spacer.png

Just look at this fantastic Youth IntakeYeal Niguez could almost already go into our first team! Almost.

Edited by Carambau

Remember I said 68 points would do it. Next Season aim for 76! (that is always my goal and equals 2pts/match) With a little luck you might play Champion's League with that number!

Great Work:applause:

19 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Remember I said 68 points would do it. Next Season aim for 76! (that is always my goal and equals 2pts/match) With a little luck you might play Champion's League with that number!

Great Work:applause:

Thank you! Your prediction was spot on :) We are progressing fast, but maybe too fast.... 

Edited by Carambau

12 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Vigo the Carpathian was the villain from Ghostbusters II.

spacer.png

...of course!! Im slow at thinking sometimes... 

Fun fact: Viggo was played by the german professional boxer Norbert Grupe, whose latter stage name was "Wilhelm von Homburg".

Theres a legendary interview of him in a sports show (when he was still boxing, some time in the 60s) right after he lost a fight. The showmaster keeps asking him questions and he somehow gets angry at some point so that he doesnt answer any more of them :) If looks could kill :D

Edited by Carambau

• Carambau changed the title to [FM21] En Vogue In Vigo

spacer.png

Bittersweet Ending

RESULTS

spacer.png

We led Girona 2-1 until the 90th minute. Then they scored. And we will not play Champions League next season. So what? We qualified for the Europa League! Yay!

LA LIGA

spacer.png

Europe here we come!

NEWS

spacer.png

Our young talents win the U19 cup! Yael Niguez is such an amazing talent!

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This has been a fantastic season for us! Everyone was able to contribute and played a part in our great 4th place finish. Of course Rodriguez stands out with his 29 goals, keeper David Luis with his important saves and newcomer Israel Freitas who had a great debut season, but all in all it was an outstanding TEAM effort. Remember: There is no "I" in the word "Team" :)

Edited by Carambau

12 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Two things:

You are in desperate need of revenue!

Yes, there is No "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E"! :brock:

KUTGW by the way.

You´re right, ME will help this team to succeed - ME good manager :) 

I honestly don´t know how these figures composed... Last season they finished 11th, so it does not really make big sense or maybe the tv revenue etc. for the season just weren´t calculated into it yet... 

In short: Yes :D

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Transfers & Our New Team

spacer.png

Our long serving skipper Kamara leaves for France after his contract ran out but he was already 34 years old and we need to rejuvenate our team. Our best talent Yeal Niguez joins Girona on loan to get match practice. 

spacer.png

Damn Real Madrid! They turn up on the last day of the transfer window and poach our wonderful left defender Lamine Tape! But this is obviously mostly my fault, because I did not think of increasing his release fee of 12M! Ok, so now our defender talent Freitas will get more playing time than he had ever imagined before the season!

spacer.png

A lot of defenders in MaestreJakobowskiLozano and GuerreroManea Cristobal are strikers who will be loaned out immediately.

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

David Luis of course. The other 2 will probably feature in the early cup rounds.

Defenders

spacer.png

New boys in defence. It will surely take some time to gel together. Most importantly, Israel Freitas has the hard task to succeed Lamine Tape much earlier than we all expected. But I am sure he can do it. Guerrero is an exciting prospect as well.

Midfielders

spacer.png

Curras and Papini. The rest is more or less on the same level so it is gonna be interesting to watch who will prevail in the end.

Attackers

spacer.png

Rodriguez scored a ton last season. I hope he can do the same this season. Ricard (and Xynas) should play the role of the little helper up front in attack.

Key Player

Rodrigo Curras

spacer.png

Without him, everything is nothing.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

A Stuttering Start & Meeting Old Friends

RESULTS

spacer.png

Pre-Season went well, if we exclude the embarrassing draw against lowly Choco. I don´t know what happened there to be honest. Then, we are lucky with a penalty in the 90th minute against Atletico and even luckier in Sevilla, when our keeper David Luis was the man of the match, which tells everything about our performance.

EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP STAGE DRAW

spacer.png

This must be fate! I just love this draw! Looking forward to meet my former club :) 

LA LIGA

spacer.png

Ok, its only 2 games.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Euphoria In Europe

RESULTS

spacer.png

We make our mark in europe in our first showing in the Europa LeagueDunajska Streda are a welcome victim for us on this evening. A fantastic night for the fans and us. Hopefully we can keep up this form in europe. Leaguewise we win luckily against Levante, lose in Granada, win in Almeria (who are bottom admittedly) and draw at home against Mallorca. We are living the dream and enjoying the moment.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

Girona with our loanee Niguez in good form.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Coming Crashing Down

RESULTS

spacer.png

We lose 3 games in La Liga this month with only 1 win. But when you look at the opposition it does not look that bad anymore. In the Europa League, the big game against my former club PEC Zwolle was decided by a goal from Ricard in the last minute. I felt for my ex-team, as they would have deserved at least a draw. 

spacer.png

I made that clear in the press conference afterwards.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

The 3 defeats see us fall down the table.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

The Turnaround

RESULTS

spacer.png

This looks more like it! We bounce back with 3 wins and 1 draw in the league. Consistent and convincing performances. And we secure the knockout rounds in the Europa League.

spacer.png

Fingers crossed for Zwolle to win their last game.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

We are back in the game.

Edited by Carambau

1 minute ago, Sheriff7 said:

Facing you ex-club so soon shoulf be very difficult.Good luck in the rest of the season.

Thanks mate :) I enjoyed the occasion, was nice to see some of my old boys still playing there!

7 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

You sure did break down your old side!

Yes. And it was a bit sad to see them get crushed... :( 

2 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Things look good in Europe so far.

Europe has been easy-peasy so far but the next opponent surely will be stronger :) 

spacer.png

It Gets Tougher

RESULTS

spacer.png

Bad results in the league in december, but the cup games were really good. And Zwolle made the knockout rounds in the Europa League. Congrats to them!

spacer.png

Best teams qualify!

LA LIGA

spacer.png

Meh.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Unhappy New Year

RESULTS

spacer.png

The bad result streak goes on into the new year... We go out in the 3rd round of the cup. The board wanted us to reach the 5th round though. We have to man up quickly.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

An 8 point gap already.

NEWS

spacer.png

A quick look at our injury list for the upcoming february. Good times ahead really :( 

YOUTH

spacer.png

Our B Team is doing really well...

spacer.png

...but our U19s are invincible!

A LOOK AT A PEC ZWOLLE LEGEND

spacer.png

I realized he retired before the season and want to share a look at one of the greatest players I ever had the honor to manage in one of my teams. And he was never capped for Germany :eek:

Edited by Carambau

9 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Get some of them invincible 19s in the top team!! They are flying!! Catching up with this. Nice to see you come up against your old club 

Thats exactly what I am planning in the future :) They are that good really!

spacer.png

Picking Up Pace Again

RESULTS

spacer.png

Great February! We manage not to lose against Sevilla and win the rest of our games in convincing style. This should give us some kind of morale boost. At least a little.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

Damn this is a close race here.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Exclusively In Europe

RESULTS

spacer.png

Great in Europe, lousy in La Liga! We absolutely stun favorite Borussia Dortmund at Signal Iduna Park and finish them off confortably at home. Admittedly the opposition was strong in the league, but I would have at least expected a win against lowly Valladolid!

LA LIGA

spacer.png

We fall out of the European places.

YOUTH

spacer.png

Our U19s are still invincible with 2 games to go.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

No Joke!

RESULTS

spacer.png

We needed a good month and the lads delivered! Sadly we go out in the Europa League against Atalanta but it was close and I can´t fault my team. 3 important wins in the league, although I would have wished we also won our home game against suprise team Osasuna.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

Back in the hunt.

YOUTH INTAKE

spacer.png

Another great intake.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Nice Finish

RESULTS

spacer.png

The schedule was nice to us, as we mostly played games from the lower regions of the table and it showed in the results. The most important game was the draw at San Sebastian which was a hard fight but in the end we did not lose and they stayed behind us. The rest were easier games than the results show.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

So in the end we qualify for europe again. A successful season!

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is looking better than last year. New signing Jakobowski needed quite some time to get into the first team but in the end he did it and was a beneficial factor in our defence. He mostly played alongside Lozano who orchestrated our backline almost perfectly. Youngster Huarte also had a good season. Talent Guerrero developed quickly and played a lot during the second half of the season. Papini was injured quite often but still managed great figures. Curras contributed effectively but not as good as last season it seemed to me. Rodriguez was once more our top scorer, he played great together with Ricard up front. My player of the year was however Fran, who made our game from the left flank, many goals and almost as many assists. He deserves all the praise and I am looking forward to having him in my team for years to come. I am also very excited to welcome back our world class talent Yael Niguez after this season. The now 17 year old played 35 games while on loan at Girona and managed to score 12 goals. Just wow.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Transfers & Our New Team

spacer.png

spacer.png

Curras is gone! Manchester Uniteds offer was too good to turn down and we swiftly brought in his successor (see below). Xynas, Manu and Marques leave as well, for a combined fee of around 17M. Salas never settled so I am glad he´s gone.

New Signings

Tapé

spacer.png

Look who´s back! After just one season at Real Madrid and only one competitive match for them, he returns to Vigo for 11.25M.

Roberto Lastra

spacer.png

He is the playmaker who shall succeed Curras! With his First Touch (17), Technique (16), Passing (15), Flair (16), Dribbling (16) and his Agility (19) he should be the perfect man for that role. He joins from River Plate for 9.25M.

Yael Niguez

spacer.png

This is the future of Celta Vigo! A world beater in the making. Our Academy Product scored 12 goals in 35 games while at loan at Girona last season and will feature alongside Rodriguez from this season.

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

David Luis of course. The other 2 will probably feature in the early cup rounds.

Defenders

spacer.png

Lamine Tape is back, so Freitas will see his playing minutes cut shorter this season. No big changes here apart from that. Armental joins from our B team.

Midfielders

spacer.png

I can´t wait to see Lastra play. Hope he quickly develops an understanding with fellow Argentinians Papini and Lucas Candela who had a great season with our B team last year. Fran stays on our left wing.

Attackers

spacer.png

Already nicknamed "Adriano" respectively "Savior" by our fans, Yael Niguez got everything what it takes to become a world class player. Let´s just hope he doesn´t end up like the real Adriano with just a couple of great seasons. Rodriguez and Ricard will accompany him.

Key Player

Lamine Tapé

spacer.png

The second coming.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Let The Games Begin

RESULTS

spacer.png

Lastra scored on his debut! Pre-Season apart from the 4-4 went very well, wins against 2 top teams. The league begin nice with a win, then we were beaten heavily by a brilliant Real Madrid. But we did not let our heads drop and went on to defeat a strong Sevilla team in an entertaining match.

EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP STAGE DRAW

spacer.png

A decent group.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

Ok, its only 3 games.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Not The Best But Not The Worst

RESULTS

spacer.png

Not the best month... but we fnish off Partizan at their place and beat Bilbao 5-3 in a great game with 2 goals by Niguez. Add 2 goalless draws and a loss against big Barcelona and there you have it: September 2035.

LA LIGA

spacer.png

8th but its not that bad yet.

Edited by Carambau