FM Editor Generator

krlenjushka

On 12/02/2021 at 14:39, Wolf_pd said:

I was talking about the latter yes. Impressive.

Unfortunately that 71 variables option doesnt work. However i managed to "fix" those 31 variables so now we can use all 31. There will be no need for duplicate UID columns anymore like i explained in my mini tutorial.

Screenshot_327.png.3b7f4f5214b6fc0fce09d7f056dde5f9.png

This will be enough

Screenshot_330.png.55d5ef44b16653babcacdf629843f3d3.png

On 09/02/2021 at 19:00, krlenjushka said:

On current version limit for record types (For record types i mean name, short name and so on) is 15 - every database change use 2 variables and i have limit of 31 variable. One variable is used to add empty club/city/stadium or whatever. 

Because of this "fix" we will be able to use 30 record types instead of 15.

Its still not ideal solution but i will continue to improve this. 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the "inhabitants range" for cities is a bit tricky, and wasn't working as i anticipated. Instead of the range it needs to be the number of the option in the editor's drop down list (1-15). so in the relevant entry in the text file should not be something like "2501-5000", but rather "3" (since "2501-5000" is the third option-not counting "not set"- in the inhabitants range drop down list). Is this the case for similar records that use drop-down lists in the editor? Im thinking of "status" for clubs for example.

14 minutes ago, kcinlober said:

the "inhabitants range" for cities is a bit tricky, and wasn't working as i anticipated. Instead of the range it needs to be the number of the option in the editor's drop down list (1-15). so in the relevant entry in the text file should not be something like "2501-5000", but rather "3" (since "2501-5000" is the third option-not counting "not set"- in the inhabitants range drop down list). Is this the case for similar records that use drop-down lists in the editor? Im thinking of "status" for clubs for example.

Yeah youre right - i will create tutorial for that kind of data with detailed explanation or excel list.

Thanks for raising this :thup:

1 minute ago, gibbo11 said:

This is absolutely incredible. Wow. Top work @krlenjushka

Thanks man i hope this helps everyone who wants to create lower leagues.

3 minutes ago, TRFC23 said:

Can this be used for players or is that feature still to come?

This feature will be in next update. Probably only basic stuff like first and second names, CA, PA...

6 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Thanks man i hope this helps everyone who wants to create lower leagues.

This feature will be in next update. Probably only basic stuff like first and second names, CA, PA...

Ah right, thanks :) Was worried it was a problem my end.

The nice thing is when the addition of players works, all you need is a list of names for a country and you can edit about 150 and coach them international. No more handwork, except for downloading a list of names into excel and add them via this generator.

6 hours ago, kcinlober said:

Yeah i had to work those out for a number of thing (ethnicity, hair colour, role, coaching style, player role,  etc) time consuming for the dropdown stuff

19 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Yeah i had to work those out for a number of thing (ethnicity, hair colour, role, coaching style, player role,  etc) time consuming for the dropdown stuff

Yeah it is but when you get everything you need its very fast.

11 minutes ago, kcinlober said:

awesome, overall this tool has been a lifesaver!

I know thats why i decided to create something like this. Its gonna be a long process to add everything i want but no hurry.

7 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Yeah it is but when you get everything you need its very fast.

Yeah, least once its done. its done.   Let me know if you need any UID or dropdown ones i can send a list of what i have as well, might save you some time 

6 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Yeah, least once its done. its done.   Let me know if you need any UID or dropdown ones i can send a list of what i have as well, might save you some time 

Yeah why not - there is no reason to do same work again. Thanks!

Krlenjushka, thanks for the file, but I'm on the mac, so I can't use the app.

However, I will probably use to create Stadiums and probably players for my fictional teams.

In the Excel file, if the teams aren't yet created or do not wish to input Latitude or Longitude, do I leave the camp blank or do I need to input any number?

What about the case I wish the pitch length and width be the default one, do I enter anything or the default values?

Thanks for the help and the app.

25 minutes ago, grade said:

Krlenjushka, thanks for the file, but I'm on the mac, so I can't use the app.

However, I will probably use to create Stadiums and probably players for my fictional teams.

In the Excel file, if the teams aren't yet created or do not wish to input Latitude or Longitude, do I leave the camp blank or do I need to input any number?

What about the case I wish the pitch length and width be the default one, do I enter anything or the default values?

Thanks for the help and the app.

You need only data that you want to add but you must same columns for all stadiums. Cant add latitude for some teams and for others not. Script cant skip empty places.

If you have some data columns like that (some stadiums have some data and other not) you must filter your stadiums by that column (filter only stdiums that have added data) and add that change in different script run.

25 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

You need only data that you want to add but you must same columns for all stadiums. Cant add latitude for some teams and for others not. Script cant skip empty places.

If you have some data columns like that (some stadiums have some data and other not) you must filter your stadiums by that column (filter only stdiums that have added data) and add that change in different script run.

Thanks for the quick reply.

What I mean is, not adding Latitude and Longitude for all stadium that I want to create (that info it will depend on the cities they are based). On the Pitch length and width I want to be the same size for all stadiums created (the default ones, when you create a new stadium).

7 minutes ago, grade said:

Thanks for the quick reply.

What I mean is, not adding Latitude and Longitude for all stadium that I want to create (that info it will depend on the cities they are based). On the Pitch length and width I want to be the same size for all stadiums created (the default ones, when you create a new stadium).

You can choose whatever you want to add or not. Thats why i added checkboxes to generator. If you want to add stadium with lets say name, capacity and city - you will check add stadium, name, city and capacity. If you have those 4 columns in your input file - thats it.

2 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

You can choose whatever you want to add or not. Thats why i added checkboxes to generator. If you want to add stadium with lets say name, capacity and city - you will check add stadium, name, city and capacity. If you have those 4 columns in your input file - thats it.

Ah nice. I will work on the Excel file. ;)

I might need help someone here, since I'm on a Mac.

4 minutes ago, grade said:

Ah nice. I will work on the Excel file. ;)

I might need help someone here, since I'm on a Mac.

No problem. Make sure you add all data in right form. Check text file from first post.

7 hours ago, grade said:

One quick question.

In your example how do you add 5 stadiums (created) to those 5 created teams in your example, without having to do in the editor and one by one?

Look at Krlenjushka’s first screenshot of Excel in his opening post.

4 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Look at Krlenjushka’s first screenshot of Excel in his opening post.

But that is UID of stadium that already exist in FM database, I'm talking of making a new stadium (or several stadiums). 

3 minutes ago, grade said:

But that is UID of stadium that already exist in FM database, I'm talking of making a new stadium (or several stadiums). 

If you haven’t got any stadiums so far in your database; on a new file, click on add new and use the first new ID available, if you make more than one, add 1 to the number.

2 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

If you haven’t got any stadiums so far in your database; on a new file, click on add new and use the first new ID available, if you make more than one, add 1 to the number.

Okay, will do.

17 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Yeah this is some basic stuff. Easy to do in excel.

I have 3 suggestions for the your app, @krlenjushka.

1- In the clubs, you have Stadiums option, can we have the Training Ground option?

2- might not possible, but I feel it what takes a lot of time in large files, which is kits. I know there many options, but I mean is at least add only these 2 Types: Text (4 options) and Icon (3 options). These have the least variables of all the kit types.

3- ability to add info of any reserve or youth teams in club info.

If more occurs to me, I will let you know. But for me all the options in the app and these, i think these are the most time consuming of doing in the editor.

25 minutes ago, grade said:

I have 3 suggestions for the your app, @krlenjushka.

1- In the clubs, you have Stadiums option, can we have the Training Ground option?

2- might not possible, but I feel it what takes a lot of time in large files, which is kits. I know there many options, but I mean is at least add only these 2 Types: Text (4 options) and Icon (3 options). These have the least variables of all the kit types.

3- ability to add info of any reserve or youth teams in club info.

If more occurs to me, I will let you know. But for me all the options in the app and these, i think these are the most time consuming of doing in the editor.

Training ground is not problem - i can add it without any problems.

I have plans to add kit section in next version (i thought this will be released 10 days ago but i had problems with script and also i was very busy at work) but i wanted to add only shirt,shorts and socks.

I think reserve/yout teams can be added in the future. Need to check that section in editor.

Screenshot_386.png.59f707bce31fe69973d0ae52b58e3f25.png

:eek: AWESOME!!!!

That will be a time saver. For me kits is the hardest and the most grinding part of creating big files. With this I can focus on doing the graphics part of my Leagues file.

The youth and reserves is the least time consuming, since with selecting multiple teams I can do it quickly. So no rush.

Can't wait for this new version. :D

Thank you and I think SI should create award for the forum, called Krlenjushka Award, to the user in the forum, who was most cooperative and most helpful in the forum of the year. ;)

Edited by grade

16 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Yeah this is some basic stuff. Easy to do in excel.

Question!

If I want to add new teams with new stadiums for each team, which do I create first?

I'm a little lost on how to chose the UID for my teams and stadiums, does it matter if I create teams first but already giving them the UID for their stadium, which I will create later?

And do you have any recommendation in how to chose the UID range for my teams and stadiums? I imagine I have to use values that haven't been used in the original database.

Another question: Do I have to put an "UID" column before EVERY new column I want to include? Or only those who refer to another club/stadium/city?

For example, my columns should be like A or B?

A:

UID UID Club name UID Abr UID Status UID Reputation UID Stadium UID

Division

B:

UID UID Club name Abr Status Reputation UID Stadium UID Division
Edited by Champol

9 hours ago, Champol said:

Question!

If I want to add new teams with new stadiums for each team, which do I create first?

I'm a little lost on how to chose the UID for my teams and stadiums, does it matter if I create teams first but already giving them the UID for their stadium, which I will create later?

And do you have any recommendation in how to chose the UID range for my teams and stadiums? I imagine I have to use values that haven't been used in the original database.

Another question: Do I have to put an "UID" column before EVERY new column I want to include? Or only those who refer to another club/stadium/city?

For example, my columns should be like A or B?

A:

UID UID Club name UID Abr UID Status UID Reputation UID Stadium UID

Division

B:

UID UID Club name Abr Status Reputation UID Stadium UID Division

Make the stadiums first and then the clubs. That way you can assign your new stadiums to your new clubs.

On a separate file in the editor, add a new club and stadium. Take the UID from both and use this as a starting point. For every new record you make, add one to this number.

Yes you have to put an UID before every column, it’s the way the editor (and in turn the game) reads the change. But you can fill in the first column with your UID, and then when you’ve got all your info sorted, copy and paste it into your other columns.

41 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Yes you have to put an UID before every column, it’s the way the editor (and in turn the game) reads the change. But you can fill in the first column with your UID, and then when you’ve got all your info sorted, copy and paste it into your other columns.

I thought he fixed it like he showed here?

On 14/02/2021 at 10:05, krlenjushka said:

Unfortunately that 71 variables option doesnt work. However i managed to "fix" those 31 variables so now we can use all 31. There will be no need for duplicate UID columns anymore like i explained in my mini tutorial.

Screenshot_327.png.3b7f4f5214b6fc0fce09d7f056dde5f9.png

This will be enough

Screenshot_330.png.55d5ef44b16653babcacdf629843f3d3.png

Because of this "fix" we will be able to use 30 record types instead of 15.

Its still not ideal solution but i will continue to improve this. 

So while I was doing my files... still working on it. I had a thought.

With this method, how possible is it to create new nations?  

If so, i wonder how do I can create a World Champions League and include the new nation.

On small variant, if we can't create new nations, it is simply replacing a defunct nation? How do I set up the World Champions League, do I include in the editor the defunct nation in list of nations?

8 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Make the stadiums first and then the clubs. That way you can assign your new stadiums to your new clubs.

On a separate file in the editor, add a new club and stadium. Take the UID from both and use this as a starting point. For every new record you make, add one to this number.

Thank you very much!

20 hours ago, Champol said:

Question!

I'm a little lost on how to chose the UID for my teams and stadiums, does it matter if I create teams first but already giving them the UID for their stadium, which I will create later

You cant set stadium if there isnt that stadium in database. Its same when you create that in editor. You need to create stadium first in order to set it for some club. Pure logic.

10 hours ago, PostMovieCam said:

I thought he fixed it like he showed here?

This will be fixed in next version. On version 1.1 you need to put UID in front of every column.

6 hours ago, grade said:

So while I was doing my files... still working on it. I had a thought.

With this method, how possible is it to create new nations? 

You cant create new nations.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was creating a Nation league system (a USA and Canadian merger into one) file and an idea occur to me.

Is it possible in creating 2 league systems which are in independent files (like one file for USA and another file for Canada)? Is the club UID 1st team of Canada the next number after the last team of the USA?
Example: Last team of USA club UID is 20000066267 and on another excel do I start the Canada file with the first team club UID starts at 20000066268?

Also krlenjushka how is coming the second update of the app? Do awards part work on the app?

On 26/03/2021 at 17:05, grade said:

So I was creating a Nation league system (a USA and Canadian merger into one) file and an idea occur to me.

Is it possible in creating 2 league systems which are in independent files (like one file for USA and another file for Canada)? Is the club UID 1st team of Canada the next number after the last team of the USA?
Example: Last team of USA club UID is 20000066267 and on another excel do I start the Canada file with the first team club UID starts at 20000066268?

Also krlenjushka how is coming the second update of the app? Do awards part work on the app?

No sorry i dont have time right now. My mother had covid19 so i was all about that. I hope i will find some free time soon to finish this update.