Regen faces

12 minutes ago, casperzwaart100 said:

Messi as a French centerback would be really weird

Well, yeah. I think that would be kinda fun. It's not like regens are that player's kid or Messi deciding to ascend from heaven (even tho I like to pretend that way), having a Messi regen with say Upamecano's face, isn't as weird as having regens in the first place.

Edited by Gosh

• SI Staff
56 minutes ago, Carambau said:

You did it once (FM2005?) when you implemented user pictures they sent to you and gave their consent to use them in game.

Yeah I know (I'm that old I was involved in that ;) ) .... but it took a long time to setup, vet etc.

(which is why I'm indicating its not happening in the short-term)

• SI Staff

To add to Marc's point, we obviously wouldn't be able to re-use real player photos for regens because of licensing - so the only option here in the long-term, if we did choose to do something like this, would probably be a facegen type scenario. Very unlikely anytime soon due to the performance impact.

8 hours ago, Alari Naylor said:

To add to Marc's point, we obviously wouldn't be able to re-use real player photos for regens because of licensing - so the only option here in the long-term, if we did choose to do something like this, would probably be a facegen type scenario. Very unlikely anytime soon due to the performance impact.

I don't particularly feel the need for this, but could be good. Seems facegen technology is improving all the time, so might become realistic for FMM one of these years? As for performance, maybe the game doesn't need to do the generation - maybe you can generate 100K random faces and these can be downloaded and sit there and picked up randomly in the regen process? Of course a fair bit of overhead for you to have these categorized to match nationality and names etc. 

Anyway, not particularly wanting this, but maybe something to look at sometime in future?

11 hours ago, Alari Naylor said:

the only option here in the long-term, if we did choose to do something like this, would probably be a facegen type scenario. Very unlikely anytime soon due to the performance impact.

What would be amazing is if you just built in the ability for the game to automatically choose newgen faces of the proper ethnicity from a user-provided facepack organized in the proper way.

This would give people the possibility to easily use the new AI generated faces without the hardship of matching those faces to players using shoddily made scripts and dumped scouting lists.

• 1 month later...

Currently, is there a way for us to edit the game to generate regens with proper ethnicity (related to Nation realistic data)?

I mentioned earlier I have an issue with black players coming our of Argentina and I read a few posts of similar issues in other nations and it got me very confused... hence my madness for not quite understanding if it is possible o not :)