[FM21] Wales Level 10 Database - ON INDEFINITE HIATUS

Remember how I mentioned about maybe needing someone who's good with advanced rules in the editor someday? That day arrived.

Anyone who knows their way around Advanced Rules, especially with playoffs, hit me up.

• Rainbowz changed the title to [WIP][FM21] Wales Level 10 Database - Looking for Advanced Rules help
1 hour ago, Rainbowz said:

Remember how I mentioned about maybe needing someone who's good with advanced rules in the editor someday? That day arrived.

Anyone who knows their way around Advanced Rules, especially with playoffs, hit me up.

fmeditor on twitter maybe good source of help @Rainbowz

9 hours ago, G_potter said:

Omg I can’t wait to get hold of this database and play.

I manage a club in tier 6 of the welsh league system in Gwent league division 3 for real.

I really look forward to seeing it on FM

That's awesome! Which team, just so I can make sure I've got the data right.

Edited by Rainbowz

20 hours ago, LUKE! said:

If I provide you with player names and info are you putting that kind of info into the game or is that a bit too much detail for you right now haha?

If you want, go for it! Can't promise it'll be in the release version but I'll definitely add it in an update.

Bump, still looking for help.

Contact the guys from manageronline.fr

except the fact that every year they produce a level8 patch for the french football system they somehow achieve to block teams moving to other regional divisions!!! They do a great job! Check their site mate! If you are lucky and talk with them I'm sure they will solve your issues

31 minutes ago, vourtsio said:

Contact the guys from manageronline.fr

except the fact that every year they produce a level8 patch for the french football system they somehow achieve to block teams moving to other regional divisions!!! They do a great job! Check their site mate! If you are lucky and talk with them I'm sure they will solve your issues

Problem is from my experience, a lot of the big DB creators don't really have the time to help sort out someone else's issues.

10 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

Problem is from my experience, a lot of the big DB creators don't really have the time to help sort out someone else's issues.

Probably... Im not a creator myself i just suggest you...what if you checke their db file in your editor and maybe understand how they do it....i guess

Explain what i need to fix - i guess level 7. I dont know how this works so explain league by league.Some leagues have fixed promotion, some have fixed promotiom + playoff between 2 teams. Some gives teams to promotion playoff between divisions.

Or maybe its better to start from level 4 or 5.

13 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Explain what i need to fix - i guess level 7. I dont know how this works so explain league by league.Some leagues have fixed promotion, some have fixed promotiom + playoff between 2 teams. Some gives teams to promotion playoff between divisions.

Or maybe its better to start from level 4 or 5.

The Tier 5 playoff between the Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Swansea and Neath & District leagues you set up looks perfect. Tested it and there didn't seem to be any issues.

In Tier 7, there's a playoff between the champions of the Aberdare Valley, Bridgend & District, Cardiff & District, Cardiff Combination, Port Talbot, Rhondda & District, Taff Ely & Rhymney Valley and Vale of Glamorgan Premier Leagues. From the 8 teams, 2 get promoted to the South Wales Alliance Division 2, so it's a two-round playoff. I think that's what confused me, trying to set the logic for that.

Also in Tier 7, there's a playoff between the champions of the North Gwent, Gwent Central, Newport & District and East Gwent Premier Leagues. From the 4 teams, 2 are promoted to the Gwent County League Division Two. The logic is probably the same as for the Tier 5 playoff that's already done.

1 minute ago, Rainbowz said:

The Tier 5 playoff between the Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Swansea and Neath & District leagues you set up looks perfect. Tested it and there didn't seem to be any issues.

In Tier 7, there's a playoff between the champions of the Aberdare Valley, Bridgend & District, Cardiff & District, Cardiff Combination, Port Talbot, Rhondda & District, Taff Ely & Rhymney Valley and Vale of Glamorgan Premier Leagues. From the 8 teams, 2 get promoted to the South Wales Alliance Division 2, so it's a two-round playoff. I think that's what confused me, trying to set the logic for that.

Also in Tier 7, there's a playoff between the champions of the North Gwent, Gwent Central, Newport & District and East Gwent Premier Leagues. From the 4 teams, 2 are promoted to the Gwent County League Division Two. The logic is probably the same as for the Tier 5 playoff that's already done.

I need info about this so best way is to add me to discord. Its slow like this.

krlenjuska#9156

• Rainbowz changed the title to [WIP][FM21] Wales Level 10 Database

Great news! Thanks to the massive help from krlenjushka, the database is working!! There are still some issues with team placements as I haven't set league boundaries yet, and need to do some more testing to make sure nothing breaks for long-term saves, but I'm confident I should have the database out this week.

54 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

Great news! Thanks to the massive help from krlenjushka, the database is working!! There are still some issues with team placements as I haven't set league boundaries yet, and need to do some more testing to make sure nothing breaks for long-term saves, but I'm confident I should have the database out this week.

@Rainbowzawesome news i appreciate your hard work  with this database and look forward to hoping on this once released 

• Rainbowz changed the title to [FM21] Wales Level 10 Database - VERSION 1.0 RELEASED!

Ive just been told about this DB by FMNewby and FM Editor on Twitter, im planning on doing A New Inn AFC save so this database looks great. BTW i have a list of player names and positions for New Inn from their twitter account would you like me to send it over to you or is that too much work?

51 minutes ago, cockyhammer said:

Ive just been told about this DB by FMNewby and FM Editor on Twitter, im planning on doing A New Inn AFC save so this database looks great. BTW i have a list of player names and positions for New Inn from their twitter account would you like me to send it over to you or is that too much work?

Awesome, glad you're looking to play it. I've got a Google Form set up (link is in the OP/on my Twitter) which you can send the player info through.

• Rainbowz changed the title to [FM21] Wales Level 10 Database - VERSION 1.0 RELEASED!
4 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

@Rainbowz many thanks for this comprehensive file and the work involved:thup:

getting an issue FYI when I try to add any changes(eg sub rules prize money to any league) this error appears

when trying to verify, and the rules are flexible format rules

fa1b2d2dbd2f052773b816d7fea64a6f.png

The Editor is an absolute pile this year, so saving normally doesn't work. You have to export the file as an XML, then edit the code to make it work. Export it then PM me the file, I'll get it working.

Just started a save with this and I love it so far, thanks! Just one quick thing I've noticed, players only need two yellow cards to be suspended in the Cymru Premier and there's another suspension for every yellow card after that, is that correct? It's not something I've noticed in real life but happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!

On 18/01/2021 at 23:44, Rainbowz said:

The Editor is an absolute pile this year, so saving normally doesn't work. You have to export the file as an XML, then edit the code to make it work. Export it then PM me the file, I'll get it working.

Hi mate I have made some changes and removed the verf line in XML file allowing the file to load on game start up now:thup:

however then get the red triangle for Wales and lots of errors re incorrect team numbers, I will change the number of teams in those comps and see what happens mate

0e8966aeb4a8bce7c6297316072a63af.png

changed the number of teams to comply with the errors and still they show up 

Edited by Roy Race 9

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/01/2021 at 23:44, Rainbowz said:

Hi

I have made changes and got the file now to load in game and be able to select Wales as a playable nation, 

d5e9444ec8342b1a5d309a20d2e87b87.png

However there is no drop down menu to select playable leagues, its greyed out, so if I continue to load a game only the JD Prem is an option in game 

c74908876a384ffef4fd999e558be0d3.png

just re tried and even though I had the same  as above-only thing I did different is change mode from playable to view only and then back again to playable

in game I get the full 10 tier option, with only 1 league unplayable Gwent central division 2, as long as that doesnt cause any issues down the line I dont mind:D

419f82be3c710fe611a9b89ce7e89416.png

Edited by Roy Race 9

Sorry for the lack of updates, had a lot of personal issues this year so any database work has and is still taking a back seat. It's my first time really dabbling in Advanced Rules and the database is so much more complex than I anticipated. I had to get help on most of the tricky bits and even then it only takes the slightest unexpected thing for certain leagues to break.

I've never attempted a database this extensive and it really blew up in my face. The constant issues, the things constantly breaking and the surprising demand and popularity of the database (which I love, don't get me wrong) meaning I tried even harder to get the DB working properly and failed really did a number on my alright poor mental health, so I just took a back seat and ignored everything. Sorry for that. 

I'll do what I can in terms of fixes if people flag up any issues, but I can't promise anything. I hope anyone playing this DB understands.

• 2 weeks later...

Rebuilding the database for the new update. Some issues are fixed so I can use the hard-coded rules for the Premier League this time.

EDIT: Sigh, it was all going so well...

9511ace79791112d830502d772cc446c.png

Edited by Rainbowz

• Rainbowz changed the title to [FM21] Wales Level 10 Database - NEW UPDATE COMING SOON

bad90cf6025777ccd747f06663d03715.png

🥳🥳🥳

Starting to get the hang of Advanced Rules now. I'm looking to get a Tier 6 database out before attempting the monstrosity of Tier 7 rulings. I think I have a grasp on how to make this database stable now though.

Good News: Got the database completely working at up to Level 5 including correct playoffs, promotions and everything.

Bad News: Teams jump around leagues like crazy. Some years a league has 16 teams, then 12 the next, then 14 the next. That sounds okay, but some leagues have 4-5 teams and others have 18. Can't find a decent way to keep the league sizes normalized.

Tried removing all regional leagues and boundaries and setting the leagues for promotion manually, but it still doesn't seem to have worked. Need to mess around with it a bit more, but it's a massive pain at the moment.

Edited by Rainbowz

25 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

Good News: Got the database completely working at up to Level 5 including correct playoffs, promotions and everything.

Bad News: Teams jump around leagues like crazy. Some years a league has 16 teams, then 12 the next, then 14 the next. That sounds okay, but some leagues have 4-5 teams and others have 18. Can't find a decent way to keep the league sizes normalized.

Tried removing all regional leagues and boundaries and setting the leagues for promotion manually, but it still doesn't seem to have worked. Need to mess around with it a bit more, but it's a massive pain at the moment.

Set individual minimum and maximum number of teams in leagues, rather than through the parent competition.

37 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Set individual minimum and maximum number of teams in leagues, rather than through the parent competition.

Tried that, it wouldn't verify. Trying to hand-hold the database through promotions and relegations by setting everything as manual, but it keeps throwing up errors. Going to try tomorrow with a fresh mind,

d6952c738b5daf792c5e937e41fa8d54.png

This is f**king stupid. I change the min/max number of teams to suit the rules, then it gives me another error. Change that, and it gives me a previous one. Just sending me round in f**king circles. SI need to get their act together with this broken editor, it's impossible to know if it's my fault or the editor false-flagging issues that aren't there.

Honestly don't think I can make this database work. The editor is such a pile of sh*t that I can't get the thing verified no matter what I do. Only way I can is if I set the minimum/maximum teams for each league to extremes, which would cause massive in-game issues.

No idea why the logic for the editor is so stupid that it can't work out that if the same number of teams are promoted as there are relegated, I'd want the teams evenly distributed across those leagues, not put wherever.

11 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

Honestly don't think I can make this database work. The editor is such a pile of sh*t that I can't get the thing verified no matter what I do. Only way I can is if I set the minimum/maximum teams for each league to extremes, which would cause massive in-game issues.

No idea why the logic for the editor is so stupid that it can't work out that if the same number of teams are promoted as there are relegated, I'd want the teams evenly distributed across those leagues, not put wherever.

have you tried setting the min/max to -1 not ideal but this has resolved bugs like this for me before

and its not you mate this time SI have really excelled themselves the editor was released untested is the best conclusion IMO, because if it was then they just dont care/ or need to employ more staff;)

either way its a pile of poo 

12 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

have you tried setting the min/max to -1 not ideal but this has resolved bugs like this for me before

and its not you mate this time SI have really excelled themselves the editor was released untested is the best conclusion IMO, because if it was then they just dont care/ or need to employ more staff;)

either way its a pile of poo 

Doesn't let me set it to -1, just defaults it to 0 even though there are default leagues set as -1.

This editor is actually a joke. Can't be bothered putting the work in if Sports Interactive are actively hampering people who make their game better, Absolute clowns.

13 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

Doesn't let me set it to -1, just defaults it to 0 even though there are default leagues set as -1.

This editor is actually a joke. Can't be bothered putting the work in if Sports Interactive are actively hampering people who make their game better, Absolute clowns.

cant blame you mate it is a joke 

AR rule editing now has become just trying to find ways of managing a workaround to solve the bugs 

and as you say to SI riddle me this how can you not add -1 in those fields[it does default to 0 now] yet they have been able to do this with ''their editor''

• 3 weeks later...
  • Rainbowz changed the title to [FM21] Wales Level 10 Database - ON INDEFINITE HIATUS
  • 2 months later...
On 01/12/2020 at 21:01, Rainbowz said:

Good news: I have a database working at Level 5.

Bad news: Data on clubs is impossible to find since so many leagues haven't updated their sites this year. Chances are I'm going to have to use 2019-20 data until amateur play resumes in Wales and I can get a proper team list for each league

Bonus good news: A Tier 10 database looks extremely possible if I can get everything else working.

Could you give us Welsh database working at Level 5.

• 5 months later...

(Potentially) good news!

The Welsh default DB works on FM22! I'm going to completely re-do my data down to Level 10, then see if I can get the leagues working. At worst, I'll have a fully updated Welsh database that I can hand off to someone with more editor knowledge than me.

• 3 weeks later...