12/01/2020 - Version 1.1 Update

• Fixed dramatic league expanding/shrinking issues
  • Added a few players

13/01/2020 - Version 1.0 Reversion

• Reverted to 1.0 due to issues with leagues not starting
Edited by Rainbowz

• Rainbowz changed the title to [WIP][FM21] Wales Level 7 Database
17 hours ago, Malicious Penguin said:

What's happened to it in the editor @Rainbowz?

Seems like the developers lazily copy and pasted the hardcoded league rules from last year's database to this year. Problem is, the Welsh leagues have completely restructured from Level 3 and below, so the database just instantly breaks the second I try to add anything.

I've decided to just start working from scratch. I'll take a working database that's missing some fine details over no database at all. 

Currently got up to Level 4 correct, some teams were incorrect but that's fixed. Will aim on getting rules as close as possible to what they are in the base game then release it as a beta. Haven't ran into any issues so far, so I'm confident I can have a workable Tier 7 database out sooner than expected.

Good news: I have a database working at Level 5.

Bad news: Data on clubs is impossible to find since so many leagues haven't updated their sites this year. Chances are I'm going to have to use 2019-20 data until amateur play resumes in Wales and I can get a proper team list for each league

Bonus good news: A Tier 10 database looks extremely possible if I can get everything else working.

I've hit a major snag with the database, just with data being impossible to find. Using 2019-20 data would mean completely changing teams around, moving teams from their correct leagues into wrong ones and could cause a ripple effect through the entire DB, breaking it.

So I'm putting out a call. Anyone who can help me gather information on teams playing in the Welsh leagues from Tier 5 and below, please get in touch with me. The FA's website and Welsh non-league sources have failed me, so I hope I can rely on first-hand sources from here to help.

8 minutes ago, Malicious Penguin said:

@Rainbowz What sort of data are you looking for? Correct teams in leagues? I may have something from here that could help on that note (full list of leagues)

Yeah, ideally a collection of leagues with the correct teams for 2020-21. There's a lot of good stuff there, thanks, but a lot of websites haven't been updated with the clubs registered for this season.

47 minutes ago, Malicious Penguin said:

@Rainbowz, just checked the guide - unfortunately the in-depth information stops at Level 4. 

I think I can cobble together something workable from what's on there though, might take some guesswork but it'll be playable.

• Rainbowz changed the title to [WIP][FM21] Wales Level 10 Database
38 minutes ago, bproc3 said:

@Rainbowz This is the league structure with clubs involved in the Carmarthenshire Leagues for the 2020-21 season if they get the green light to start the campaign.

841F77CF-56C4-4571-9612-6D0B022FE2F9.jpeg

Brilliant, that helps so much, thank you!

Do you still need help on the port talbot leagues? 

As the picture below is the rumour of the league set up however it could be split in two but maybe keep at as one division. Have you put the file on fm21 yet? 

Screenshot_20201208_233120_com.whatsapp.jpg

Edited by rhys

13 hours ago, rhys said:

Do you still need help on the port talbot leagues? 

As the picture below is the rumour of the league set up however it could be split in two but maybe keep at as one division. Have you put the file on fm21 yet? 

I did some research and the Port Talbot league is really interesting. It starts as one division, then splits midway through into a Premier League and Division One (I assume the bottom 7 teams midway go into Division One). I've got a list of the 14 clubs entered into the league now, but thanks for the research.

The problem is that system is totally unique, and can't really be replicated in FM. I'm not sure whether to do the 14 team Premier League with a promotion/"relegation" split (with no league to relegate into) or just do two divisions and split teams by reputation.

Edited by Rainbowz

4 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

I did some research and the Port Talbot league is really interesting. It starts as one division, then splits midway through into a Premier League and Division One (I assume the bottom 7 teams midway go into Division One). I've got a list of the 14 clubs entered into the league now, but thanks for the research.

The problem is that system is totally unique, and can't really be replicated in FM. I'm not sure whether to do the 14 team Premier League with a promotion/"relegation" split (with no league to relegate into) or just do two divisions and split teams by reputation.

Just my two cents but a 14 team PL with the split seems the best way. Whether that works for a bottom level league in the editor im not sure. :)

@Rainbowz I always like to start low down in countries avoiding England as one day I have an epic save planned once I get my editing head kicked into gear again.. but I digress...

I'm thinking of playing in Wales lower leagues for FM21 but probably won't need to go down as low as level 10, just a level or two below the vanilla FM which is already quite a low standard in terms of CA/PA of the players etc.

What level would you suggest to start from and how far are you away from a working file for that level?

3 minutes ago, jWaSiMhE said:

What level would you suggest to start from and how far are you away from a working file for that level?

My thinking is based around realistic expectations for some random bloke getting a chance to be involved in the coaching/management setup at these clubs plus also the natural level where if you go any lower the game can't really simulate the level of football very well on the 0-200 CA system. (the parallel in England is the 9th tier/maybe 10th tier - or English County Leagues are they are called on the FM db)

Edited by jWaSiMhE

9 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

I think just go for the 14 team league no harm in that really as you got all the teams there? Or split it almost like the premier division if thats doable

15 hours ago, jWaSiMhE said:

My thinking is based around realistic expectations for some random bloke getting a chance to be involved in the coaching/management setup at these clubs plus also the natural level where if you go any lower the game can't really simulate the level of football very well on the 0-200 CA system. (the parallel in England is the 9th tier/maybe 10th tier - or English County Leagues are they are called on the FM db)

I'd suggest the best level to start at for that might be the 4th-5th tier. Most teams have players and real club info at that level, so would be a good realistic jumping off point. 

As for when the database is done at that level, I'm getting the data in for all levels first, then adding the leagues and cups to the structure as I go. If I had to guess, maybe 1-2 weeks? FM databases have a habit of either being more difficult or easier than initially expected though, so that's really just a rough guideline.

11 hours ago, rhys said:

I think just go for the 14 team league no harm in that really as you got all the teams there? Or split it almost like the premier division if thats doable

My other idea is to have an empty division below the PT Premier, which 7 teams will be relegated into, then switch to a normal format the year after. I have no idea if that's even possible though, and I'd have to get some Advanced Rules wizard to even attempt something like that since I'm nowhere near good enough with the editor.

21 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

You can do a League with split in the basic rules, as there’s no league below the Port Talbot & District League you can make them that way. You shouldn’t need to worry about relegation from the league.

The North East Norfolk League did similar last season and there’s no relegation from that league either.

2 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

My other idea is to have an empty division below the PT Premier, which 7 teams will be relegated into, then switch to a normal format the year after. I have no idea if that's even possible though, and I'd have to get some Advanced Rules wizard to even attempt something like that since I'm nowhere near good enough with the editor.

That sounds adanced, worth a try haha. Are the other legaguse and stuff available for download though? 

9 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

I'd suggest the best level to start at for that might be the 4th-5th tier. Most teams have players and real club info at that level, so would be a good realistic jumping off point. 

As for when the database is done at that level, I'm getting the data in for all levels first, then adding the leagues and cups to the structure as I go. If I had to guess, maybe 1-2 weeks? FM databases have a habit of either being more difficult or easier than initially expected though, so that's really just a rough guideline.

Cheers. Will hold off for a bit then. Still forming an opinion on where to start but know I need to start my journeyman career earlier this FM as I always start it after the final major patch and then don't get enough time before being tempted by the shiny new FM release as I tend to play it in spurts.

Quick update, I've not really had much time to work on the DB, partially due to burnout and partially due to IRL stuff. I'm at the tricky stage where I have to create lots of teams that aren't in the default database (especially at Levels 7 and below), and getting information and whatnot for them can be difficult since they're essentially pub teams at the lower levels. I'm confident I can stick to my timeframe though.

I'm always looking for help with the leagues in the OP too, and a big thanks to everyone who has helped so far!

LEVEL 6 IS DONE!

Monumental effort to get that over the line, but I've got it verified and working. Well, when I say working, since I had to do the DB from scratch, none of the leagues have their proper rules yet, there's no cups, etc. But progress is being made.

Next big push is to get Level 7 and 8 in. I estimate I'll need to create over 100 new teams for those, so it's going to be a big one. 

I'm also anticipating I'll need some help with a couple of tricky Advanced Rule settings regarding playoffs, so any Editor wizards, drop me a PM. I might need you in a week or two.

Also, something very confusing. When researching Level 7, it looks like the Aberdare Valley and Merthyr & District leagues have some of the same teams competing this year. Anyone in Wales or who knows about the leagues, can you tell me what's up with this? Really not sure what to do with the teams.

Merthyr Table

Aberdare Table

Both leagues seem active, so removing one isn't really an option, though if I did, the Merthyr & District seems to more logical to remove.

59 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

Also, something very confusing. When researching Level 7, it looks like the Aberdare Valley and Merthyr & District leagues have some of the same teams competing this year. Anyone in Wales or who knows about the leagues, can you tell me what's up with this? Really not sure what to do with the teams.

Merthyr Table

Aberdare Table

Both leagues seem active, so removing one isn't really an option, though if I did, the Merthyr & District seems to more logical to remove.

Hi @Rainbowz

It appears that the Merthyr and District league is not running this season and 8 of the teams have moved to the Aberdare league hence why they appear in both the league tables. Here is a link to a Wikipedia article where i found the information. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merthyr_%26_District_League

Dai

17 hours ago, Dai35 said:

Hi @Rainbowz

It appears that the Merthyr and District league is not running this season and 8 of the teams have moved to the Aberdare league hence why they appear in both the league tables. Here is a link to a Wikipedia article where i found the information. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merthyr_%26_District_League

Dai

Cool, makes my job easier

Another thing I've discovered, with the new system in Wales, some teams have jumped astronomically up the leagues, so some leagues are fractured completely. They haven't announced the teams yet and leagues may not even run anymore.

As a stopgap, I'm replacing any team who jumped up in levels with their reserves in that league until correct information is published. I'm using fake U23/U18 youth leagues anyways, so it won't affect gameplay (unless someone wants to have a go at implementing correct youth leagues into the debris I've left.)

We're also over 4000 total changes for the database so far. Absolutely crazy!

Edited by Rainbowz

59 minutes ago, LUKE! said:

I created Space Jam Galaxy for real back in 2010! Very much interested in this database!

That's awesome! They're in the database now, the league isn't playable yet, but should be soon.

Space Jam Galaxy_ General.png

I've announced this on Twitter, feel free to spread the word. I'm about 80% complete with the DB, just need to add the rest of the teams in, cup competitions and get all of the promotion/relegation logic set up and it'll be ready to release.

UPDATE: ONLY ONE LEAGUE TO GO!!!

Only problem is it's the Newport & District Leagues, which has no data for 2020-21 and the 2019-20 tables have been absolutely ravaged by the restructuring of the Welsh system.

For the sake of actually getting this database out, I'm going to forgo reality and kinda just put teams in the league based on last season, using reserves and 3rd teams if needs be. If/when the 2020-21 data becomes available, I'll fix it. Apologies to any die-hard fans of the Newport & District leagues, I'm sure you're plentiful in number. 

All teams and leagues are added!! Over 10,000 database changes later, we're finally there!!! Currently testing the file to make sure there are no glaring mistakes I've made. 

If it passes this test, next on the list is adding cup competitions, then putting the finishing touches in, then I can release the file!

43 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

Question - Should I have all teams across the pyramid entering the FA Cup, or just from Level 6 up (which is more realistic)?

The realistic option IMO

and thanks for the hard work once again, I will hopefully be able to actually start a save in the next few weeks and if that allows me to use your file then thats a massive bonus

just one question will there be any youth cups in your file both national and regional?

Cheers

9 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

The realistic option IMO

and thanks for the hard work once again, I will hopefully be able to actually start a save in the next few weeks and if that allows me to use your file then thats a massive bonus

just one question will there be any youth cups in your file both national and regional?

Cheers

No problem, just glad the finish line is in sight.

Probably not, unfortunately. I've had to use generic u23 youth teams as a lot of teams have Reserve/II/u18 teams in the Welsh pyramid, so adding youth cups would be a big task. If there are any I can get done, I'll add them though,

On 30/12/2020 at 13:27, jordanconnordixon said:

Unreal mate :applause: cant wait to see it!

Thanks, getting really close to release, just need to sort out some playoff rules logic and I'm set

On 02/01/2021 at 08:27, Micishere said:

can i ask what youth teams will clubs have ??

Probably just u23s. A lot of teams have Reserves in the official pyramid, though they can't promote above certain levels.