[Canada] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Canada competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Canada should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

2 hours ago, benjiboy3711 said:

After completing league registration 3 players become unavailable until 30/11/2020, seems they are available IRL so it assume its a bug.

Players affected: Tevin Shaw, Kunle Dada-Luke, Osah Bernandinho

Not a bug. Unfortunately these players were not able to make it to Prince Edward Island for the tournament because of COVID travel restrictions or other complications.

8 hours ago, PhantomGoose said:

I noticed that after the first stage of the island games the 2nd stage is counted as a separate league thus affecting my stats, like getting lowest points total, lowest goals scored even though I only played 3 games in stage 2.

How right you are. Well spotted. I've logged that one now. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Fmfan00 said:

Just thought since no one is answering me on the forum about this other on the main general discussion when i posted it and such... maybe it will be seen here...

This was missed in the beta and not sure how u could miss this from a Comp Team perspective...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONCACAF_League

I know it's been raised before, and I believe it's been logged? @Stephen Glennon

After completing the Island Games mini season, the 2021 season seems to follow the original Spring/Fall split season format. The league was originally going to move to a single season format from 2020 onward, I assumed the 2021 season would follow the single season format.

https://canpl.ca/article/cpl-announces-balanced-schedule-new-league-and-playoff-format-for-2020

After winning th Island games, it appears the trophy is recognized as a secondary one rather than north star shield. Also after winning the island games the social feed says baldassarra is the head coach rather than me. Also after the final match of the island games, which I won, my team is showing up as 2nd and the games are continuing 

Hopefully this is the correct forum. When you click on Canada, the Canadian teams that are in the MLS are not listed under "Major Clubs." I would expect to find Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal here. Instead they are listed under the United States.1035583575_MissingCanadianTeams.thumb.png.0009df13d14b678257b5bcfee2a37008.png

Edited by eclectic27

On 14/11/2020 at 03:28, CPLWoodenSpoon said:

After winning th Island games, it appears the trophy is recognized as a secondary one rather than north star shield. Also after winning the island games the social feed says baldassarra is the head coach rather than me. Also after the final match of the island games, which I won, my team is showing up as 2nd and the games are continuing 

It's definitely bad that the games are continuing after the final. Could you please upload a save game that shows this and tag me when you've done it? Here's how: 

On 13/11/2020 at 17:01, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I know it's been raised before, and I believe it's been logged? @Stephen Glennon

On 13/11/2020 at 15:26, Fmfan00 said:

Just thought since no one is answering me on the forum about this other on the main general discussion when i posted it and such... maybe it will be seen here...

This was missed in the beta and not sure how u could miss this from a Comp Team perspective...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONCACAF_League

You don't actually state an issue but I'm guessing it's about Forge in continental competition and yes, that one has been logged.

The issue is that it’s a big tournament.... if u win that u go to concaaf champions league... you have one tournament in and not the other... it’s not about forge... it’s about CPL champion team whom ever wins it enters the concaaf league tournament... that’s the issue it’s a tournament that should be in the game if u have CPL as a playable league

On 18/11/2020 at 04:16, Stephen Glennon said:

You don't actually state an issue but I'm guessing it's about Forge in continental competition and yes, that one has been logged.

My only question was if it would be a beta update before the game comes out or if it’s in the main release that’s all I was asking

25 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

The issue is that it’s a big tournament.... if u win that u go to concaaf champions league... you have one tournament in and not the other... it’s not about forge... it’s about CPL champion team whom ever wins it enters the concaaf league tournament... that’s the issue it’s a tournament that should be in the game if u have CPL as a playable league

That is not true. If you win 2020 canpl, you qualify for the 2021 CONCACAF league, which is held in the latter half of 2021. If you are top 6 in that tournament you qualify for the 2022 CONCACAF Champions League. 

You can be in both tournaments. A number of costa Rican teams have done so in the past. 

The one problem is that fce is made to qualify for the 2020 tournament when it should be forge.  This has been logged. 

But Both tournaments are in the game, but if they aren't showing up for you, you should definitely upload a save

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

That said, here is one issue in relation to the CanPL club qualified for the CONCACAF League.

Fixture Congestion

FC Edmonton in 2020 (though again, this should be Forge, but I assume they'll have the same issue when that gets correct) deals with immense fixture congestion, to the point where they can sometimes have 0 break (1 game on Tuesday, followed by another the next day on Wednesday). This doesn't have an easy fix though as the reason for this bug is that the real life postponement of the CONCACAF League to after the Island Games is not replicated in FM. Instead, the qualified team is made to play those extra matches during the tournament. Ideally, CONCACAF League 2020 should have a schedule that matches the current one where it starts in October instead of July (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_CONCACAF_League)

Uploaded Save: <fce.fixturecongestion.fm>

4 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

That is not true. If you win 2020 canpl, you qualify for the 2021 CONCACAF league, which is held in the latter half of 2021. If you are top 6 in that tournament you qualify for the 2022 CONCACAF Champions League. 

You can be in both tournaments. A number of costa Rican teams have done so in the past. 

The one problem is that fce is made to qualify for the 2020 tournament when it should be forge.  This has been logged. 

But Both tournaments are in the game, but if they aren't showing up for you, you should definitely upload a save

my appologizes… my whole point was... the Concacaf League has to do with the winner of the CPL league... that was my whole point... thanks Yellow for correction

The reason why is because when i first started my save file i didnt know it was entered under a different name so i apologize for that.. Yah i was spelling it wrong that's why i could not find it in the game

The other reason why i was asking is because if you look in the Island Rules should it mention winner goes to Concaaf League?

Thanks for pointing it out that is prob why i couldn't find it Yellow but now i was able to find it in my league just like you said it shows up as FC Edmonton and not Forge FC but i guess after the 2020 season if you win 2020 Season that you get a spot in the league for 2021?

image.thumb.png.6355deeb1ac9b7d599a7d4a4cb1ce44d.png

Edited by Fmfan00

40 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

my appologizes… my whole point was... the Concacaf League has to do with the winner of the CPL league... that was my whole point... thanks Yellow for correction

The reason why is because when i first started my save file i didnt know it was entered under a different name so i apologize for that.. Yah i was spelling it wrong that's why i could not find it in the game

The other reason why i was asking is because if you look in the Island Rules should it mention winner goes to Concaaf League?

Thanks for pointing it out that is prob why i couldn't find it Yellow but now i was able to find it in my league just like you said it shows up as FC Edmonton and not Forge FC but i guess after the 2020 season if you win 2020 Season that you get a spot in the league for 2021?

Yea, the rule listed for the Island Games as winner qualifying for the NA Champion's League is incorrect (though it also doesn't actually seem to work that way if you fast forward to the following year). Hoping this gets fixed.

And yes, the 2020 winner should end up in the 2021 NAL. Unless you start the game in 2021, which again the game incorrectly gives the spot to FC Edmonton.

so your saying if i start the save the save in 2020 it will be fixed however if i start in 2021 then it will have FC edmonton... so i just need to start my save file in 2020 then.. roughly before July 2020 because thats when Canadian Championship begins

49 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Yea, the rule listed for the Island Games as winner qualifying for the NA Champion's League is incorrect (though it also doesn't actually seem to work that way if you fast forward to the following year). Hoping this gets fixed.

And yes, the 2020 winner should end up in the 2021 NAL. Unless you start the game in 2021, which again the game incorrectly gives the spot to FC Edmonton.

image.thumb.png.b79dbe5967afa7a1f29903bf38f1fb33.png

so i started the game in February 2020 so i assume if my team wins the 2020 Season ill be able to play in the 2021 Concaaf League

25 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

so your saying if i start the save the save in 2020 it will be fixed however if i start in 2021 then it will have FC edmonton... so i just need to start my save file in 2020 then.. roughly before July 2020 because thats when Canadian Championship begins

No, it's always broken for the first year.

So if you start in 2020 - the 2020 CONCACAF League will be incorrectly set to FC Edmonton. But if you win in 2020, you'll qualify for the 2021 CONCACAF League fine.

Likewise, if you start in 2021 - the 2021 CONCACAF League will be incorrectly set to FC Edmonton. But if you win in 2021, you'll qualify for the 2022 CONCACAF League fine.

11 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

No, it's always broken for the first year.

So if you start in 2020 - the 2020 CONCACAF League will be incorrectly set to FC Edmonton. But if you win in 2020, you'll qualify for the 2021 CONCACAF League fine.

Likewise, if you start in 2021 - the 2021 CONCACAF League will be incorrectly set to FC Edmonton. But if you win in 2021, you'll qualify for the 2022 CONCACAF League fine.

Ohh ok thanks 

Canadian Premier League Rules

I had previously raised this but it might've been missed. The Canadian Premier League 2020 rules still indicates qualification to the NACL (see bottom right of screenshot), when it should say NAL. This is purely an issue with the text, since the CanPL winner ends up qualifying for the NAL anyways, so it doesn't seem to affect anything.

image.thumb.png.de60b22801bfea1a951b52762705b435.png

22 minutes ago, sizzlingpopcorn said:

@yellowsweatygorillaIs FM21 going to stick with the Spring/Fall seasons from 2021 on or will it be fixed to go to a full season? I see someone posted a couple weeks ago, but no response and I don't see any change in the official release. 

The issue has been logged, fingers crossed? :\

On 20/11/2020 at 10:27, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Canadian Premier League Rules

I had previously raised this but it might've been missed. The Canadian Premier League 2020 rules still indicates qualification to the NACL (see bottom right of screenshot), when it should say NAL. This is purely an issue with the text, since the CanPL winner ends up qualifying for the NAL anyways, so it doesn't seem to affect anything.

image.thumb.png.de60b22801bfea1a951b52762705b435.png

image.thumb.png.7574e4dc960ab00c90db1a994a2581b8.png

I started a new database starting on February 2020 just in case as you previously mentioned above... my question is do you know if the Fc Edmonton error was fixed for the main release or do we have to wait until your database fix comes out

1 minute ago, Fmfan00 said:

I started a new database starting on February 2020 just in case as you previously mentioned above... my question is do you know if the Fc Edmonton error was fixed for the main release or do we have to wait until your database fix comes out

FCE has been replaced with Cavalry unfortunately ... hopefully they patch this soon?

The issue with my own database fix is that I am reluctant to touch the continental leagues (and Canadian Championship for that matter) as it ends up disabling dynamic reputation (ie. the league growing in reputation based on your performance). For now, I will focus on other elements with the domestic league and hope that SI fixes the other areas soon. But my megapatch will likely be delayed because of a major editor bug preventing me from importing my previous changes.

So it's just 2 game for Championship that it for 2020... No other teams can take part in it? is that because of covid

Yea, because of COVID the Championship is the best performing Canadian MLS team vs the winner of the CPL Island Games. The problem with how SI implemented it is it's meant to be one leg, and it should not default to Forge.

image.thumb.png.58f060a524cc80de394f4bd99f09599b.png

Why is it that second season is only 14 games? I thought it was a 28 game season 14 fall and 14 spring no? Also so I just won 2020 Season so your telling me my club won't be in North America Champions league until 2 years from now in January 2022 how dumb is that.. Plus I also won Canadian Championship too... So how is my team now in the list of teams in North American Champions Leagueimage.thumb.png.634615b7ff6d2e8d0223d911f8061325.png

Why is it that second season is only 14 games? I thought it was a 28 game season 14 fall and 14 spring no? Also so I just won 2020 Season so your telling me my club won't be in North America Champions league until 2 years from now in January 2022 how dumb is that.. Plus I also won Canadian Championship too... So how is my team now in the list of teams in North American Champions League

The fall season fixtures do not appear until the completion of the spring season.

Winning the Canadian Premier League does not qualify you for the NA Champion's League, it only qualifies you for the NA League. Being a top 6 team in NA League will then qualify you for the following year's NA CL.

That said, since you won the Canadian Championship you will be playing in the next year's NACL via the Canadian Championship.

1 minute ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

The fall season fixtures do not appear until the completion of the spring season.

Winning the Canadian Premier League does not qualify you for the NA Champion's League, it only qualifies you for the NA League. Being a top 6 team in NA League will then qualify you for the following year's NA CL.

That said, since you won the Canadian Championship you will be playing in the next year's NACL via the Canadian Championship.

My appologizes... i got the 2 mixed up between NA League and Champions League... when u say NACL are we talking 2022? since it would be 2021

25 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

If you won the 2020 Canadian Championship, you qualify for the 2021 NA Champ League.

My bad i didnt realize everything doesnt happen until the second half schedule releases. Since NA League doesnt begin until July 2021 ish for winning the league and then North American Champions league draw isnt until December 2021 because it shows Cavalry FC being in it right now. As your can see im at January 1st 2021 so Ill be in NA League in July 2021 once the second half schedule releases and then the NACL Ill join in January 1st 2022 when the draw happens. I know you said that because of the error it has Cavalry FC the first season so in all actuallty I would have to wait until January 2022 to join for Canadian Champions  in 2020

image.thumb.png.f9425614795f9d2e95704a7453df5c76.png

image.thumb.png.0963cd3c4a3e4c4d33c346a92c163a0e.png

Edited by Fmfan00

This is a weird one I don't know how to explain it.

When I first started there was a tracker of youth minutes on the team squad screen in the rules bar (teams must play u21 Canadian players for 1000 minutes across the season which you've got in the rules) but since I've gone into the fall season I can't find it. Don't want my team to be needlessly fined but I can see no way bar going through manually to track this.