[Netherlands] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Reddiablo said:

Well, that is exactly why we put restrictions in place in the past - looks like it's done a U-Turn again.

It was tested in internal saves and it didn't look bad at all.

:(

Thanks for your response and for the fact you guys are trying stuff to make it better. But i think that for now its best to revert to the old restrictions because have too much dutch players is better than how it is now...  i guess because the league itself doesnt have any EU/Dutch player restrictions you can easily get things out of hand... so maybe some clubs should it as a club vision to prefer local players? Just trying to think with you guys here but its probably not as easy to fix it.. 

Btw it doesnt seem to happen only in the eredivisie it seems to happen in the keuken kampien divisie too. I am currently in year 2026 (as stated my saved started on the last patch). 

And the three promoted clubs are: 
- Excelsior

- Nac Breda

- Cambuur Leeuwarden 

Currently those clubs in my current 2026 season have: 11, 8, 9 dutch players 

While in real life they currently have: 23, 24 and 23 dutch players in their current team. 

Howeveer the problem is not all clubs follow these rules. For example: 

PSV in real life has 'only' 10 dutch players currently in the team and in my save has currently 6 dutch players in 2026. So even though its on the low side, for PSV its not unhead of. 

To grab another two examples:

FC Utrecht in real life currently has 19 dutch players while in my save they only have 7 dutch players. FC Twente has 4 players in their FM squad and in real life they have 17 dutch players in their squad. 

However an interesting exception is AZ which I just noticed has 22 dutch players in their squad in 2026 and in real life their squad has 19 dutch players. So AZ seems to be fine. Which is very strange

So as you can see that the clubs in general seem to have around the same number of dutch players while in real life there is quite a big difference between the teams. AZ is, however, an interesting exception to the above. 

I have to say I’ve found the same. Only in Feb ‘21 after starting a new game on the latest patch but in the Jan transfer window:

Ajax signed 6 players - none of them Dutch

Feyenoord signed 4 - none of them Dutch

Utrecht signed 3 - none of them Dutch

Definitely weren’t seeing those sorts of numbers Pre-21.4 patch.

• 3 months later...

I just took over PSV in a journeyman save. The Jong PSV apparently got relegated from KKD a couple seasons before I arrived so now they are not playing any matches except the occasional friendly. Is there any chance they will somehow eventually end up back in the KKD? 

On 28/07/2021 at 08:37, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Yes, if the team is successful in a non-playable league then they will get promoted once again. The better the team is, the greater their chances of getting promoted into a playable league.

You're telling me the Jong team are participating in a league in the background despite it only showing me a friendly like every 6 weeks?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Darkness89

Since yesterday it has struck me that the JC Scale in the Netherlands no longer works in the first season.
I hear this from several people this is both with the default database and with my update any idea?
The cup will not be played this year.
This is only since yesterday?

• 1 month later...
On 07/04/2021 at 10:33, Reddiablo said:

Well, that is exactly why we put restrictions in place in the past - looks like it's done a U-Turn again.

It was tested in internal saves and it didn't look bad at all.

:(

So, since FMT2022 will have a 10 league cap and 30 year career span cap, I decided to start a new game in FMT2021, but not after doing some tests. Unfortunetaly I found this bug (with an influx of foreigners) still very present! I counted the number of Dutch players in the first squad at the beginning of the game:

Ajax 11

PSV 10

Feyenoord 14

AZ 17

Utrecht 20

Groningen 13

Heerenveen 10

Vitesse 9

Twente 13

Sparta 18

Total 135

After 5 years in 2025 the number is

Ajax 5

PSV 3

Feyenoord 10

AZ 11

Utrecht 10

Groningen 9

Heerenveen 6

Vitesse 7

Twente 7

Sparta 9

Total 77

Is it possible to put the restrictions in place again so I can enjoy a new FMT2021 game without this bug? 

@Freddie Sands

@Reddiablo

Edited by Samelders

I really don't get it. I tested the transfermarket in the Netherlands in the FMT original, FMT 21.3 and 21.4 database and now all are broken.. I'm sure when I played this game last november-december this wasn't the case.. 

What have you done? And will this continue in FM2022  and FM 2022 XBOX?

Edited by Samelders