How does FM calculate Individual performance ?

Kwaku Oduroh has a passing of 3, but is able to perform 2 key passes and have a Passing accuracy above 90% Against Liverpool

1. How accurate is ME individual performance calculation? It is not able to tell the difference between a good and bad passer.

image.png.13c99a81a862f3b567d0c2c082897942.png

He is playing as a solo CDM against liverpool

image.png.070c238b08a5b34622fd6ace4093b319.png

He has performed amazing with a passing accuracy of 90%

image.png.7277a5badec170f75eb9c72d13edbce3.png 

Edited by kingking

One game only Is not a proof. 

Of course 3 is low for Premier level, but It doesn't mean he cannot. 

Probabily 3 would be a Pirlo level comparing It to us. 

Tell that. Yes is a little bit strange in s such important match. (But CDM Is a position overacheiving in the game and Is always easy to get good performance in that position)

37 minutes ago, kingking said:

Kwaku Oduroh has a passing of 3, but is able to perform 2 key passes and have a Passing accuracy above 90% Against Liverpool

1. How accurate is ME individual performance calculation? It is not able to tell the difference between a good and bad passer.

image.png.13c99a81a862f3b567d0c2c082897942.png

He is playing as a solo CDM against liverpool

image.png.070c238b08a5b34622fd6ace4093b319.png

He has performed amazing with a passing accuracy of 90%

image.png.7277a5badec170f75eb9c72d13edbce3.png 

Can you see where his key passes headed ?

The scale of 1-20 is relative. It's based of a scale of professional football. So even with poor passing of three, he's still on absolute level, as in compared to the average person, a good passer. You've then asked him to play a BWM role, which is one of the safest passing roles in the game. On a one off that's entirely possible.

Also the AI isn't like a half decent player. In real life you'd have put loads of pressure on poor passers like that to force him to crumble under pressure. 

Combine that with an AI that's arguably too passive...

@kingking, analyse the matches. Only you are able to do that. Look at the passes he attempted. A passing of 3 doesn't mean he can't pass. If he's asked tp make safe passes (which you did) and he's playing that deep with players all around him (2 CM + 2 DC + 2 FB) then you would surely have a lot of easy passing options. As I said though, this is something only you can confirm.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

@kingking, analyse the matches. Only you are able to do that. Look at the passes he attempted. A passing of 3 doesn't mean he can't pass. If he's asked tp make safe passes (which you did) and he's playing that deep with players all around him (2 CM + 2 DC + 2 FB) then you would surely have a lot of easy passing options. As I said though, this is something only you can confirm.

Don't forget goal keeper. I'd love to see a pkm of how and where he's passing. 

49 minutes ago, kingking said:

I have changed him position to be more attacking.

image.png.044bc86c92d9f20f7cdd8061c06129f3.png

This is his form

image.thumb.png.ee80e10a2feaa19758359505be3dcb38.png

1. He has performed decent and well above what i expected 

Lol not even full 90 minutes appearance with 0 key passes. Very decent indeed. Not to mention he plays with world class players around him.

2 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The scale of 1-20 is relative. It's based of a scale of professional football. So even with poor passing of three, he's still on absolute level, as in compared to the average person, a good passer. You've then asked him to play a BWM role, which is one of the safest passing roles in the game. On a one off that's entirely possible.

Also the AI isn't like a half decent player. In real life you'd have put loads of pressure on poor passers like that to force him to crumble under pressure. 

Combine that with an AI that's arguably too passive...

In 2020, in a primerly SINGLE PLAYER game, the AI being "less than half decent" and "passive" is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE! Tell me I'm wrong, please. 

Just now, Impacto said:

In 2020, in a primerly SINGLE PLAYER game, the AI being "less than half decent" and "passive" is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE! Tell me I'm wrong, please. 

You're twisting my words. I said it isnt like a half decent player (I wouldn't expect every player to even use opposition instructions). Still good enough to pose a challenge to many mind.

And its an AI, its simply not going to be as dynamic as a human mind. 

7 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

You're twisting my words. I said it isnt like a half decent player (I wouldn't expect every player to even use opposition instructions). Still good enough to pose a challenge to many mind.

And its an AI, its simply not going to be as dynamic as a human mind. 

I just quoted them, not twisting anything. The argument that the AI can't be as good as the human mind is a long one with arguments for both sides, I don't have the time or desire to go that route. 

I'm just stating that the state of the AI in a single player game in 2020 is not up to standarts. That's my opininon and I only quoted you because it seems like you're ok with the AI being the way it is, which I disagree massively with.

To quote a famous saying from players inside FM  that we've all probably seen at some point - "I stand by what I said"

1 minute ago, Impacto said:

I just quoted them, not twisting anything. The argument that the AI can't be as good as the human mind is a long one with arguments for both sides, I don't have the time or desire to go that route. 

I'm just stating that the state of the AI in a single player game in 2020 is not up to standarts. That's my opininon and I only quoted you because it seems like you're ok with the AI being the way it is, which I disagree massively with.

To quote a famous saying from players inside FM  that we've all probably seen at some point - "I stand by what I said"

I didn't say I was ok with anything. I didn't make a statement either way on how I feel about the AI, so if you're going to misconstrue what I say, then it's not a conversation I want to continue

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I didn't say I was ok with anything. I didn't make a statement either way on how I feel about the AI, so if you're going to misconstrue what I say, then it's not a conversation I want to continue

That's just the way I saw it, no offence intended. Just out of curiousity and to have a healthy discussion, what is your opinion on the AI? And if you could improve it, how would you do it? 

In another thread I said that if the AI can't be boosted because of hardware issues, why not give it some under the hoods advantages, similarly to the way CIV does it?

Or maybe, if the AI manager is world class like Klopp, Pep and etc, make their teams more likely to have high morale(since morale is so important right now in the game), make them give great teamtalks consistantly so that their teams fight to the last minute, and generally make them make good decisions more often than a league two manager with lesser attributes. 

Those are just some suggestions on the top of my head, I am sure there are way smarter people than me that can make more detailed and applicable ones that can actually be implemented in the game, so bring it on, let's hear some cool ideas and maybe some of them they'll be in the game. (hopefully)