Bizarre player personality!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

apart from a pretty lame sense of humour (right back to the "POT NOODLE AND A BOTTLE OF IRN BRU!" days) there's nothing wrong with these little messages (as mentioned CM00/01 had some as well). What was annoying was one one of the versions, I think 01/02, where Miles Jacobson modestly made himself the single best scout in the entire world, and Craig Hunter hard-coded himself to have Long Shots: 20 so that he could tear up, say, the lower leagues in Scotland, or smaller leagues like Wales, ROI etc

Then I'm definitely on my own lmao.

I could be the catalyst that sparks the revolution!

Dare I say it but.......Im actually with VB on this one.

The amount of times I have to answer THE SAME DAMN SET OF QUESTIONS in the opening interview when signing with a new club is amazing. I don't even read them anymore, I just know the order of answers to pick (1st 2nd 1st etc). There's little variety. Surely just rephrasing the question differently would of helped but no, im always "not sure if I'd agree with that" ad nauseum.

• 2 weeks later...
I know that it's probably one or two guys taking five minutes. If I'm disappointed with SI (and I don't think it's every post, maybe 90%) it's because the amount of bugs that have appeared is ridiculous. The amount of bugs that get picked up in the first ten minutes of someone playing is ridiculous. Curious though it may seem I want them to make an effort and have a little pride in their work, rather than throw it out the door every year and wait three months for it to be patched to the state it should be when they released it.

Furthermore, in light of the plethora of problems with the game, if it took (and I'm obviously pulling number out of the air) ten minutes in total to ensure that the game always generates certain regens from the list of credits and to add hilarious scouting reports for them, that is ten minutes that would have been better spent fixing something. Or trying to fix something. Or looking as if your trying to fix something.

I understand that I have clearly insanely high expectations of a professional company to do a professional job. More fool me. I understand that to a lot of you it's just harmless japery. But hopefully someone out there can see that including your mates and some weak jokes is scant consolation for those who are unable to run the game, or have any number of the litany of bugs prevelant in this release.

I shall now, for the benefit of the terminally unable to grasp a point, illustrate mine with two similar examples. You've got a 360 and you get the red ring of death. When you ring them up to send it back they say "Don't worry, the guys who do the soldering have got a christmas cracker joke to tell you". I'm sure you'd be placated. Or if you got your wages at the end of the month and they hadn't included your overtime but had told you a hilarious story about one of the typists.

Anyway, having enhanced the apparently widespread belief that I'm a misanthropic curmudgeon I shall leave you all to grip your sides in mirth at the bods at SI Towers doing this instead of spending every waking second making the game the best it can be.

Oh and thanks for the greetings.

VB

Just quality! Sarcasm at it's finest. :)

Excellent use of the word curmudgeon too!

• 2 months later...
There shouldn't be a single pico second of anyones time spent coding a bunch of regens to appear and then give them Catherine Tate levels of humour in their scouting reports. It's inexcusable. It's unprofessional.

It's also their choice; if you don't like the way they produce their games then don't buy them. You might be right that they're providing a second rate product but if you feel so strongly then vote with your wallet and don't bother getting anything from them in future. For all the bugs though I will continue to buy and play FM every year because the pleasure I get from the game far outweighs the problems.

• 1 month later...

Archived