Relegated on FM 20??

Oh wow, its happened a fair few times over the years but in FM20 I have been fortunate and have yet to be relegated BUT I am Shrewsbury town and had survived my first season in the championship. This second season hasnt started in an electrifying way but I do fear I will get second season syndrome and drop out of the league. I am around 10 games into the season and 16th I think so keeping my fingers crossed.

Relegation is a sickening feeling, I know that much.

Countless times, most recently from Scottish league 2 with Bonnyrigg Rose. 

Managed to avoid it for a couple of seasons but finally ended up finishing bottom and had to face Gala Fairydean in the relegation playoff and they did me in the last minute of normal time. 

Absolute heartbreaker.  Had some good youth coming through too and was getting really attached to the team.

All part of football though I suppose

7 hours ago, JR866Gunner said:

Oh wow, its happened a fair few times over the years but in FM20 I have been fortunate and have yet to be relegated BUT I am Shrewsbury town and had survived my first season in the championship. This second season hasnt started in an electrifying way but I do fear I will get second season syndrome and drop out of the league. I am around 10 games into the season and 16th I think so keeping my fingers crossed.

Relegation is a sickening feeling, I know that much.

Shrewsbury are the team I support and I can understand the struggle of getting into championship and worrying every season. Still got Goss?

6 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Countless times, most recently from Scottish league 2 with Bonnyrigg Rose. 

Managed to avoid it for a couple of seasons but finally ended up finishing bottom and had to face Gala Fairydean in the relegation playoff and they did me in the last minute of normal time. 

Absolute heartbreaker.  Had some good youth coming through too and was getting really attached to the team.

All part of football though I suppose

Is it me or do those 2 teams sound like Hobbits? 

5 hours ago, HawaiianHippo said:

Shrewsbury are the team I support and I can understand the struggle of getting into championship and worrying every season. Still got Goss?

Nice! any pointers? lol

I have still got him, he has been grumbling as he hasnt been in my team for some time. He doesnt seem to perform when I give him the chance. I think the core of the original team are still in my squad but not all in the first team. Some promising players though :)

I have actually taken a punt on Jack Wilshere too on an ok wage for my budget. Bit of a gamble and if it pays off he could get me to the next level and start climbing the table a bit.

Edited by JR866Gunner

17 hours ago, JR866Gunner said:

Nice! any pointers? lol

I have still got him, he has been grumbling as he hasnt been in my team for some time. He doesnt seem to perform when I give him the chance. I think the core of the original team are still in my squad but not all in the first team. Some promising players though :)

I have actually taken a punt on Jack Wilshere too on an ok wage for my budget. Bit of a gamble and if it pays off he could get me to the next level and start climbing the table a bit.

Live on loans....that's about it! haha! RoShaun Williams and Sean Goss are the only 2 that I think could play at a higher level after a few years on the game, but havent done a super long save this year to test it. Wilshere is make or break, I love it!

46 minutes ago, HawaiianHippo said:

Live on loans....that's about it! haha! RoShaun Williams and Sean Goss are the only 2 that I think could play at a higher level after a few years on the game, but havent done a super long save this year to test it. Wilshere is make or break, I love it!

Yes have a few loans too. RSW is good. Forgive me if they aren't originals but my cbs are great. Aaron Pierre and Ebanks Landell I think he's called. 3 solid choices at the back with good stats.

Jason Cummings is a striker that was only ok in the first half of last season and improved throughout the latter part and started on fire this year. Sadly he recently tore ligaments and is out for 3 months or so... contract for him expires end of this year so I'm hoping to offer a new deal once he declares hes happy again lol 

Jack Wilshere really is a gamble. Staying fit so far and compliments Norborn or Rowland perfectly (these could be originals??) Lol

23 hours ago, JR866Gunner said:

Yes have a few loans too. RSW is good. Forgive me if they aren't originals but my cbs are great. Aaron Pierre and Ebanks Landell I think he's called. 3 solid choices at the back with good stats.

Jason Cummings is a striker that was only ok in the first half of last season and improved throughout the latter part and started on fire this year. Sadly he recently tore ligaments and is out for 3 months or so... contract for him expires end of this year so I'm hoping to offer a new deal once he declares hes happy again lol 

Jack Wilshere really is a gamble. Staying fit so far and compliments Norborn or Rowland perfectly (these could be originals??) Lol

Yeh all of them are originals, Rowland is really unproven so good to see he's turned out well! All the CB's are pretty beastly to be honest

On 25/09/2020 at 15:47, HawaiianHippo said:

Yeh all of them are originals, Rowland is really unproven so good to see he's turned out well! All the CB's are pretty beastly to be honest

Just had RSW get a little cross at the fact I have been rejecting offers for him all of the January window... I am on about 35 points right now and a good 6 or more clear of relegation I think which isnt as clear as I would like lol 

I do fear I may drop into those red spots soon though.... keeping all happy is becoming a challenge. The likes of Rowland and Goss have been on the bench in recent few games but Goss has so much composure on penalties! never a doubt when he steps up.

I have 30 days until Jason Cummings promise is cleared and hopefully he will be happy enough to sign another deal. If I get relegated he will be key to getting out of League 1 again.

Has anyone ever taken over a team without checking them first as you are so excited to be hired and you find its the end of the season before leagues reset and configure and you find you have taken over a club relegated? to make matters worse its the relegation zone of the lowest playable league lol

3 hours ago, JR866Gunner said:

Has anyone ever taken over a team without checking them first as you are so excited to be hired and you find its the end of the season before leagues reset and configure and you find you have taken over a club relegated? to make matters worse its the relegation zone of the lowest playable league lol

:D

More than once

• 1 month later...
On 25/09/2020 at 15:47, HawaiianHippo said:

Thought you would be interested to know as of last night I survived the second season in the Championship.

With FM21 on the horizon I think I will leave it there for now. I have enjoyed my time with the Shrews though! Pleased to say I made them a fairly well rounded team but just needed a little bit extra to push on a bit more. I am a bit sad that this save will come to a close in a few days.. I am toying with the idea of getting FM21 early but we shall see.