County to County

andychar

So I've been giving it a lot of thought and I've come to the conclusion I'm unlikely to be getting FM21. It will be still released this year and I think we can all agree they have done an amazing job but I think I will be giving it a miss. I imagine it isn't going to be the game they wanted to release thanks to the current COVID pandemic. 

So with that in mind I have decided to do the save I was saving for FM21 right now and play through it hopefully until the release of FM22. (I may go back to Fulham at some point but right now I'm excited about this one).

I want to give massive credit to @oriole01 who pretty much came up with this save and do most of the leg work for it.

So my last major save I came up with an idea that heavily relied on not only myself doing well but the AI. I was told it was impossible and it took me about 10 seasons to figure it was impossible. This one isn't impossible.

There are 48 Ceremonial Counties in England. My aim is simple. I want to win a trophy with a team from all 48 Counties.

Some Counties are easier than others with much more choice. And some completely threw me. For example offically Middlesbrough is North Yorkshire!

So I've always defined a Trophy as something the board gives you a target for. If they class it as "Not Important" then it doesn't count.

I also have to have played at least 3 games in the tournament for it to count. So it rules out things like Super Cups and Community Shields. It also stops me taking over teams in Final's and winning the competition that way. I think winning 3 games in any Cup is enough to say I did enough to count it.

Other than that there are no rules. I have no certain pattern to follow. I just jump from County to County. I can move on without winning a trophy but I will just have to go back to that County at some point and finish it off.

So as mentioned there are certain Counties that throw up some unusual teams. For example Berwick Rangers being in Northumberland despite playing in Scotland and TNS being in Shropshire but play in Wales. As it stands I'm loading England up and nothing else. I'm not against loading Scotland or Wales up at a later date but right now I want to keep it English.

As per usual I will be starting with No Experience and No Coaching Badges.

So the last question is where do I start? For me there was only one place I could possibly start...

Edited by andychar
Wrong Credit!

So before I get into the beef of it here is a list of the English Counties. I took this from www.countiesinengland.com I mean that's the Ron Seal of websites. Any mistakes you'll have to take it up with them.

7906add87b597f64e2126d45eb60e2f2.png

So its simple. Complete a County and it goes Green. Yellow will show the current County I'm in.

I will be tracking using this...

7dca10bc8b0edb67847eb8a7c28cecf4.png

Pretty standard fair. So where will I be starting this journey?

1 hour ago, andychar said:

I also have to have played at least 3 games in the tournament for it to count. So it rules out things like Super Cups and Community Shields.

Surely to reach the Super Cup or Community Shield you will have won something.  Or is this to stop you moving to a side that has won and gained a place in one of these and being able to move on after one game?

How far down are you loading, as there isn't going to be a huge amount of choice for some counties in the standard leagues?

2 minutes ago, scousevasey said:

Surely to reach the Super Cup or Community Shield you will have won something.  Or is this to stop you moving to a side that has won and gained a place in one of these and being able to move on after one game?

How far down are you loading, as there isn't going to be a huge amount of choice for some counties in the standard leagues?

Yeah my thinking is if I move to a team who is in a cup with only 1 game. It its the first game I could have the County finished in a game which looks wrong to me.

I shall be explaining all in my first proper post. I'm just going through Pre-Season now and doing the post as I go along.

County 1

Rutland

e09668dcb1c0d56f864e1649bc33bb7d.png

Oakham United are the best team in Rutland. They currently play in the 11th Tier of English Football. I can't think of a better place to start.

There are actually 3 County's that have required me to download a database for an English expansion. Thank you to @Dan BHTFC and his database which can be found here 

The other two County's are Isle of Wight whose best team can be found in Tier 9 and Cornwall whose best team can be found in Tier 7. The rest have at least 1 side in the Top 6 division or the out of the box divisions. I want to play at the highest standard as possible, this won't be a career where I mill around Tier 10 for 48 seasons (I don't think my laptop could handle it). I want to get the 3 County's out the way and then reduce the leagues to the Top 6 Tiers. That's the plan anyway!

So we start in Rutland.

Rutland (/ˈrʌtlənd/) is a landlocked county in the East Midlands of England, bounded to the west and north by Leicestershire, to the northeast by Lincolnshire and the southeast by Northamptonshire.

Its greatest length north to south is only 18 miles (29 km) and its greatest breadth east to west is 17 miles (27 km). It is the smallest historic county in England and the fourth smallest in the UK as a whole. Because of this, the Latin motto Multum in Parvo or "much in little" was adopted by the county council in 1950.[2] It has the smallest population of any normal unitary authority in England. Among the current ceremonial counties, the Isle of Wight, City of London and City of Bristol are smaller in area. The former County of London, in existence 1889 to 1965, also had a smaller area. It is 323rd of the 326 districts in population.

The only towns in Rutland are Oakham, the county town, and Uppingham. At the centre of the county is Rutland Water, a large artificial reservoir that is an important nature reserve serving as an overwintering site for wildfowl and a breeding site for ospreys.

Rutland's older cottages are built from limestone or ironstone and many have roofs of Collyweston stone slate or thatch.

I've been led to believe this place has only just recently got a McDonalds. Anybody from Rutland big shout out to you and I hope I do your Country proud.

One more thing I want to mention before I get my teeth into this. I'm a Mansfield fan, its where I was born so my Nottinghamshire side I will really push to be them. 

Before I go into the squad and take a look lets look at what we can win this season.

2da373f24873453eef5c90ae7e5131de.png

So the good news is we have 3 competitions we can win. One of which hits our bare minimum of 3 games for it to count. We are expected to get quite far in both which says to me we haven't got a bad side for the division we are in.

The one thing that worries me starting this save is winning a competition might not be enough. We need to do well enough to move onto a team from IOW. There are 3 in and around us so it all comes down to how well they do. If they fly they aren't going to be firing managers any time soon!

I wanna use the same tactic I do with Fulham...

e9f21e8f74de4c002b5dc0e024cfb5ff.png

The first thing I normally do when taking over such a small club is get some Staff around me.

Only the Winner of the League gets Promoted. I have thought about Play-Off's and have decided that they count towards a trophy. More often that not the Play-Off winner gets a Trophy and normally have to play more than 3 games so I can't see why it shouldn't count.

8289c8e8956d646f6a6529ca77601e21.png

We are favourites to be up there and thats without any signing.

Ok we finally have a scout. Lets see what's out there. We are purely amatuer so we should be able to just keep bringing players in!

So I finally have all my staff in place and I can properly see what crap this team is...

0518e4289e8cfc378e014464e1e83ce1.pngffb5f40bb04ab9a26cdc7cc0f111f918.pnga7a2c20a019a2102ae5393df77aba83b.png

Annoying the best talent seems to be in positions I don't play. I am going to have to trim that squad down because it is stressing me out how big and useless it really is. 

I will be bringing as many new faces into the side as possible as we look to win the League. My first move is always try and poach the Media Dream XI for the league.

I'm not going to show everybody I bring in because there are going to be loads. 

If you want to see anything about the Club or the League or the Tier or the World let me know! 

NEXT UP - Friendlies and More Pre-Season

So it has been bought to my attention that there is no club in "City of London" therefore I've decided that Fisher FC will represent that County. If you look at a map Fisher FC are the closest team to the City of London. I think that's a fair crack. 

I'm absolutely delighted you're taking on this save, as it's one I could never dream of completing myself :D. I haven't been this excited for an FMCU save in a long time, I hope you smash it!

3 hours ago, andychar said:

So it has been bought to my attention that there is no club in "City of London" therefore I've decided that Fisher FC will represent that County. If you look at a map Fisher FC are the closest team to the City of London. I think that's a fair crack. 

I was just about to ask you about this. ;) 

Great idea. I might just try and do something similar in Denmark... 

2 hours ago, dllu said:

I was just about to ask you about this. ;) 

Great idea. I might just try and do something similar in Denmark... 

All credit goes to @oriole01. I am just the vessel in which his idea will flow through. 

I promise I won’t be salty and....no I couldn’t finish that sentence. 

County 1

Rutland - Oakham United

Pre-Season 2019/20

I've not been down in these sort of tiers for a while and honestly I'm struggling. I know our team looks bad but the fact we are 3rd favourites to win the league makes you wonder how bad the others are.

I am literally offering a contract to anybody who catches my eye. Obviously the scouting is awful so they might be 5 star but actually come 2 star. At this level you can afford to take every gamble.

I've signed 2 5 star strikers and suddenly we are favourites to win the league! I will show you the Starting XI and the league odds once Pre-Season has finished.

A big question could come up. There are B Teams and Reserves Teams in this league. They can't go up. I imagine if they won they would still win the Trophy. So if this happens and I win Promotion in stead of them does it count? I would say NO but I just wanted people's opinion on that.

I've played a set of friendlies and the league doesn't start for another 42 days! Better organise another set of them.

8987ae9335221c1928a48de772d2a5d8.png

The first set I really didn't take seriously. I've left them to the Assistant Manager. I have 42 more days to try and bring as many people in as possible!

So this is going to be a fairly short season. Only 28 games. I think it will be every Saturday. 

a9ac265d9702b18b6d566b406f67bdcc.png

Oooooo this came as a shock.

So I thought I might take part in the FA Vase. But it will be next season if we go up and indeed stay.

My plan is probably go to IOW next and then get Fisher done then to Cornwall. These are the County's that require the most leagues open. Obviously it will all depends on how good my manager is and how fast I can climb the ladders.

We have a steady flow of players coming in. I'm confident?

We have a draw!

4c4a5a63d26e10fbcb13b9204066618d.png

Only 3 wins needed to officially call Rutland complete and it starts at home which is huge. FC Parson Drove are predicted to finish 6th so not an easy game...I think.

bdc4a856852b5d4beae25b470f5d239b.png

The friendlies I arranged were all against "Higher Reputation" teams so we didn't do bad at all really.

The league is about to start (finally!). So here is my strongest XI at the moment.

4fbca066395b752be2d654dc8111e315.png

You're either briliant for us or useless. There is no in between! There is also no transfer window so expect me to keep adding to this team.

512696e95d10ff4cf7e823809c45ea94.png

We are favourites. Are good times heading to Rutland?

County 1

Rutland - Oakham United

September 2019

e73c70dec8642818cdd0906b278173df.png

3 fixtures this month. Can't wait to get started. It was a long pre-season. Not a single clue what to expect here. Fingers firmly crossed.

So 15 teams meaning somebody misses each game week. We missed the first one...Long Sutton Ath. won 5-1 away from home...I'm not scared.

165b2dc96566c1330befc04b90cddf71.png

That's a face scan of me by the way. I've never looked so thin.

Another interesting thing could happen here. Our Reserves are in the same Cup we are. If they go on to win it does it count?

793d67743cde0ec3b4cc87909d6754f8.png

Well if that's anything to go by this could be a good season! Luke Simpson is an awful WB. He played well! I mean he is only 16!

A preview of the Quarter Final next. If we smash them we can go into the Cup (In January) feeling positive! Its our first home game as well so I want to impress.

050316703b83d8501c6cca204ecc49fd.png

Wow talk about 2 different games! We were the better team but I can't argue with the results. Boring.

One team has started with 3 wins from 3. The bar has been set. Uppingham Town next. They have 3 points from their opening 3 games.

4bba9cf3df3243618797b1065d3e3f12.png

Seems we are better away than at home!

Hmmmm for some reason its given me Oakham Reserves to manage in the Cup?!

15783b079c55ee18a103b75e6779b6a5.png

Our Reserves smashed it and we head into the next round. Be great if we could both keep getting through.

So the very early table looks like this...

1136e55955f080724f34b44980f82502.png

We are on track! Both points and GD.

County 1 

Rutland - Oakham United

October 2019

3086c8ce01fb2e359565926746a7541d.png

Just keep it coming. Happy so far.

We start with a cup draw.

70af2bc56538d7ce658634b4f68e86dd.png

They are in the same division so you never know.

6e629fdb5c940c376f39ad75adb25d74.png

We are at home against a side who are in the same top division as us. Will be 2 interesting games of which I'll be taking charge of both. I've made a decision. If somehow the Reserves go all the way. I'm counting it! I'm taking control of the games so its my work.

We start by travelling to Top of the Table.

3f38016ebe090741ba6f14b771b0dd87.png

A very even game but luckily we were on the right end of the result. Big win early on.

4th place Tydd next. They are level with us on points.

ddd8b9e6b62de223818f9fde113cb150.png

Another good win although it was a tight game. We have a brilliant 6 minutes and that was the difference.

Ketton next. Yes THE Ketton. They sit 3rd so a loss will see them leapfrog us.

cdb7f19c439c4603894a4f4cac0767e2.png

Another great win and the good times are flowing in Rutland.

One more game this month. 

43b1ff84a0d9c895538886334eee719b.png

Smashing it!

8a8cba2818ac41694c8271bae54fa733.png

Well this was a hard fought win. Could have gone either way.

I thought that was it but because of the Cup a league game has been bought forward to this month. We play a team who are only 3 points behind us so its a big game.

fe50c95618e2fd9247f5aae05163e40e.png

We were beaten by the better team. It may have been a penalty but they had 3 goals chalked off. No complaints with our first loss of the season.

It means the table looks like this 1/4 of the way through the season...

5dfed5fcd9bd93d9adfe4df780ccf19e.png

It looks like it could be close. Peterborough are easily the best team we have faced and we need to be careful. So far so good though.

On 13/08/2020 at 10:05, andychar said:

Hmmmm for some reason its given me Oakham Reserves to manage in the Cup?!

Do you have a reserves manager?

---

Can I see a screenshot (preferably with nationality/second nationality) of that Peterborough squad please? Are they dual nationals? The 'Polonia' and the fact that their goalscorer is called Gutowski makes me wonder...

1 minute ago, _Ben_ said:

Do you have a reserves manager?

---

Can I see a screenshot (preferably with nationality/second nationality) of that Peterborough squad please? Are they dual nationals? The 'Polonia' and the fact that their goalscorer is called Gutowski makes me wonder...

I don't take charge of the friendlies so I was just a little confused.

7bef98ef454eead4bd8bf33b6b2b22d5.png

You were bob on with your estimation! Fingers crossed we can beat them to promotion!

47 minutes ago, dllu said:

So apparently there is indeed a fairly large Polish community in Peterborough IRL. Who knew... 

I like to think my thread can be educational as well as entertaining. 

image.thumb.png.0f900790a7bb9d0abf8414a6e7f58d81.png

1 hour ago, dllu said:

So apparently there is indeed a fairly large Polish community in Peterborough IRL. Who knew... 

I live not too far away from Peterborough and the area is a big employer of Eastern European's due to the factory work (Ikea Distribution and Amazon warehouse's to name a couple) as well as all the Agricultural work around the Cambridgeshire/Lincolnshire area. Its the UK's fastest growing city too. 

County 1

Rutland - Oakham United

November 2019

It will be interesting to see how quickly we bounce back following our first set back. We need to do it quick as its the first Cup Competition up first.

919c25df8d40b3c22310595634f2dc8b.png

We will also be taking charge of the reserve game. Not a clue why! Worth pointing out our reserve team are also in system in Tier 13.

ae4f1f4fa16046a3f89c5e6c89868ad5.png

Early own goal, late goal chalked off and the much better team. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way. Fingers crossed the reserves ate up all the back luck.

1408fbd6ee7e4ef70565bdccc27dedfe.png

It took a late equaliser and ET but we 100% deserved it. I was fearing the worst at one point. We are through. That's all that matters.

I want Stamford Lion Reserves in the next round!

9823b50e11c6374788245ad4d3db72c5.png

We didnt but we got a team in Tier 13. We should be getting through to the Quarter Final. We will have to wait till January for it.

We face the Stamford Lions in the league next. A chance for a bit of revenge on the reserves!

ac60ebb9ad3617638e1287b6a747c3cc.png

P*** poor comes straight to mind. The wheels have very much fallen off and I've lost a bit of faith in this side.

We need to start picking up wins again otherwise we are going to find ourselves free falling down the league.

ICA Sports up next with our only home league game of the month. We have the same record in the league, its very tight. It seems everybody is just taking points of everybody.

acc670d22bc2e60c4b57e3505c1d5b56.png

Big win! This wasn't comfortable but we got the 3 points. 10 games gone and there are 3 points between 1st and 4th.

783f102a86edfc1b36a0b35cfd86ea90.png

d9c932040f3321d780478785144bd64f.png

I would take charge at the end of the season if I got it. They are a Tier 10 team. I would put pressure on winning something this season.

We play bottom of the table next. The Reserve team I was worried about winning the league!

182c8a82d551c1f3b35c8b1fdb953c51.png

Ooooooooo.

The thing that worries me there is I've not seen anything regarding taking over next season.

6111ae9884674f6a751c73076fa02270.png

I don't think I'm going to be going anywhere. Shocking finishing from both sides but we really should be winning these games.

I just have no confidence we are gonna win any game.

One more game this month. Lets finish on a win.

6e5f4692646de63a12022b0cd9faab47.png

I'm going to have to turn this down but its nice to know I can get the job if I want!

Peterborough North End Sports next. Imagine trying to come up with a chant for that team. They are 9th but honestly we were poor against rock bottom so I don't know.

8a0adbf3fcfd28eda88b64e905e41cf8.png

We hit the post and had a goal chalked off in the last 10 minutes. Other than that we were awful! Sums everything up at the moment...

bc622cf22e0e8c74da7deef96559f642.png

We are top. I have no idea how! We don't deserve to be. Like I said everybody is just beating everybody. Suppose can't grumble at the moment, we still have 3 attempts at completing Rutland in Season 1.

County 1

Rutland - Oakham United

December 2019

We have a bank of home games this month. Including our week off so we need to take advantage.

b64abcaf5a4e317f1d638bc9de1dae95.png

Starting with 11th place Moulton. We need to start picking up wins.

ea3f0b558272e8d43174679beeff9e4d.png

Good stuff...

They refused another course.

fdaf3338ae1afd19d7d8d5c7c90431f3.png

Truth told. I played this last night. Drew 1-1 and closed my laptop in frustration. I'm out and about today and taken my laptop with me. I dont know what happened but my laptop shut itself down (i think the battery came out). I lost the 1-1 draw and did instant result and got this. I'm not going to complain. Its made me realise that maybe my assistant is better than me. Its 3 points and I'll take it.

Netherfield next. They are 11th. We are at home. We need to win.

7c222af84b20ff2762e32e2b60ad43f0.png

1a23d68517f081357b2ea5d66daf4934.png

The penalty miss and the red card a point isn't bad. At the moment I cant see where my next goal is coming from (bare in mind the 3-0 win wasn't me) never mind next win.

We have one more game this month and then a week off as its our turn to miss a game.

6d03f384c7d298c1a535087bf3b65241.png

Another 0-0 another red card another injury. I'm slowly losing the will to live. Oh and we missed an open goal. What fun!

That's us done for the month but the league has one more game, will we be top heading in the new year?

70ede43ffb70f2e4c9f994dee064406f.png

We wont be but a win will take us back.

County 1

Rutland - Oakham United

January 2020

Jesus I hope my players don't like spending time with their family.

9a2821f4776ec388b0e26b4afc07ca31.png

3 mid week games! Scandalous. 3 competitions each as important as the last.

We start away to Parson Drove. I...I just don't know.

8d1dc9ce1f7338346a26a5e1354c65e8.png

Such a good feeling! A win! Absolutely delighted.

Warboys Town next in the Cup. Its been that long I can't remember off the top of my head if its an easy game of not....they play in Tier 13. We should be winning!

c5fd6f73774789c4e6920ac79993f85f.png

4 of those were 0-0.

8eafe51f2c4f24f3fe5fe1fd7c44f390.png

We are through. That's all that matters!

24e606248e2b7b911a1afc6ab0cf79f6.png

547f250276276f7e63c599c9874ed252.png

I don't like this draw. I think it will be tough. There are 2 reserve teams who have been drawn against each other.

We play our game in hand next. A win would be massive and give us a cushion.

ba700489a5827e54f8a5cca454ee1821.png

Fantastic comeback. Big win and we are in control!

We return to cup action next. Quarter of one of the Cups. We are apparently 1/20 to win despite being against a team in the same division. Not quite sure how that works!

73212266da33fd56dbab607c4373b503.png

Good win and into the Semi Final we go. We are 2 wins away from getting out of Rutland!

0d3755714965f3a08193e92ebd163796.png

That is the worst draw I could have got really. Ouch.

Away to Tydd next. They are 8th and a half decent outfit. We will need to be at our best to win.

9d2808c1b4239ee0071bf8b353c6fb0e.png

Neither did enough to win in what was a very even game. No complaints with the result. Its a set back though.

Thorney at home rounds up the meet.

b37ca28303178f85abbbc36dca005c55.png

Another draw and honeslty its like smacking my head against a brick wall.

96006062088b20c6f896cd261b1a6826.png

We are still top! I don't know how either!

County 1

Rutland - Oakham United

February 2020

We are still fighting on 3 fronts...

56b892fae527f1cc97a7cbf3d8579999.png

Will that be the case in March?

Tricky start away from home. We have a massive potentially title decider against Polonia later in the month.

ea2edba80a7539a3db24b0895ff72252.png

Another....draw. Another 0-0. If I have to be here another season its clear what part of the team needs improving!

Our only home game of the month and we need to take advantage.

bdb01e2e12ce6f6585be1231bbb7bd1a.png

Big win! 4 goals chalked off, 2 for each side. We just about edged it I think.

496c2befef087e088cef6f0df927049d.png

Woooooo.

Stamford Lions Away next the Semi of the Cup. Huge game. 2 wins away from escaping Rutland at the first try!

The game has been called off because of a waterlogged pitch! Bloody Tier 11.

We will play Peterborough North End Sports if we get through. First up though is another league game. We play Peterborough Poland. Huge huge game in which I'd be delighted with a point.

bc04373fd7703beca8358e2c933f3511.png

Huge win. Fantastic result and it keeps us ahead of who I believe is our biggest threat.

Cup Semi Final time finally! I don't know what to make of it. We are favourites but anything can happen.

926f1e5f8ae0fa20ba4ca536a612570f.png

Unbelievable scenes! We are through to the Final thanks to the last kick of the game. I thought we were through with the 112th minute for them to go down and score straight away. So happy. 90 minutes away from Rutland being complete.

e72209dd28a028120bb40cd94eb2d7af.png

We will have to wait till May but there we are. A final!

One more game this month. We always seem to be playing 11th.

43016a863712f38a6912af39c4206059.png

Huge late goal. Absolutely massive. The reason why is this...

326fc45850222e1b08e457012bb82b18.png

We stay top by 3 points and a game in hand and brilliant GD. Surely just surely we are looking at a title and Rutland complete.

This is a great idea for a save. Enjoying the progress so far.

Tower Hamlets FC  or Sporting Bengal might be an option for London too. They play at the same ground. I was curious about London too.

Might give you more options.

Best of luck with this. Will be watching.

County 1

Rutland - Oakham United

March 2020

March sees us trying to reach another Semi Final and really take a strangle hold of the title.

dc4233c94ce77fb811b97a124e3e4f0c.png

Thorney are 5th in the league so its not a straight forward game. Once again though we are odds on favourite. I don't understand it.

df0f611f36fc131478707e970e55bc69.png

We are in the semi of one cup. The final of another and top of the league. Despite it feeling like a weird season its not been horrible.

27ff937615c86b854679d972951c80c8.png

Just a reminder.

We have 2 league games next. A really chance to get a real foot hold.

dfa2fcc0ec4c7309e5eb987bfda93262.png

We play FC Peterborough who are in the league below us. We have a good chance of reaching our second final!

Stamford Lions at home next. They are a different kettle of fish in the league.

37a594ea2ee241e0d57d37c3baf0edd3.png

Bah here we go again more 0-0 games. Can't have more of these down the stretch.

We finish the month with a game against rock bottom. The only reserve team in the league. Lets win!

508471236710c4d814d04a352eaa8231.png

4 games to go. We have a nice lead. Lets keep it!

e5ea80488b2d3d9e727de050814ae41f.png

After the missed penalty I was expecting the worst but thats a brilliant comeback and a huge win.

I'm confused though because look at the table...

445e372f79b82a0771c588bddb6bd001.png

Peterborough North End Sports aren't listed in the run for promotion. Can they not go up?

Nothing says they can't but I don't know. Either way the gap is 4 points with 3 games to go. Our next game? Peterborough North End Sports at home.

County 1

Rutland - Oakham United

Gameweek 26

We host Peterborough North End Sports knowing a win will seal the title. Simple as that. If it happens I will be looking and applying for jobs ASAP!

Both teams have had a big gap between fixtures so no complaints about fatigue.

310b91b8ffd09187f05bb36de44021ca.png

I mean we are bang on favourites. But we have been all season really.

5th minute - Free kick for the visitors. Straight wide. 

8th minute - First chance for the hosts but the header from the cross weakly finds the keeper.

32nd minute - Route one from the visitors. The attacker smashes it from way out and it harmlessly goes wide. Still 0-0.

35th minute - The visitors think they have taken the lead after a good header but its ruled out for offside. Scare for the hosts. A win secures the league.

37th minute - Corner comes in for the hosts header just over. Unlucky.

37th minute - Straight after the corner the hosts come forward again and its 1 v 1. Fine save. 

947ee8ab4e10c7173df841be7b2033ec.png

Half time. The title still on secure. Big 45 coming up. Although a draw isn't bad for the hosts.

47th minute - Cross comes in and once again its just headed over. Hosts knocking.

2b822bfb27db89b75a7073ac1d25c2f3.png

A free kick is played short and he fires home from 30 yard. You just don't save those.

75th minute - Its Oakham's turn to have a goal chalked off. Amazingly it was offside from a corner. It came in, bobbled around a bit and somehow its called offside.

84th - How are we not level? The keeper screws up passing straight to the attacker whose one on one but somehow he blasts straight at the keeper. Absolutely shocking. Oakham only have themselves to blame here.

171f9a348362d5ac4bfda217ed0536bc.png

I mean I cant score one on ones or open goals but they can smash in 30 yard Worldies give me a break!

04401f6228cbbadbf2761021d09d17ad.png

With 2 games to go there are still 3 times who can win this title. Long Sutton have some out of nowhere.

County 1

Rutland - Oakham United

Cup Semi Final

Our next game is a Cup Semi Final. Our chance to reach our 2nd Final and keep alive the dream of one day leaving Rutland and never coming back.

We are 1/14 favourites to beat FC Peterborough who play in a division below us!

9b9ffcd38095c9c7059c1bf00c814e20.png

Ok so I can see why we were such heavy favourites. Into the second Final we go.

We still have 3 chances to get Rutland finished at the first attempt. Up next we have a league game where if results go our way we can win the league. But if they don't we will lose control.

3083e8517225c6a76cf2a0e5b334b955.png

We play a reserve team. We have a massive chance in this cup. I'd say its our best chance.

5aaf26ac27284ddd82e3c46c6dcaaeaa.png

Thought it was but wasn't sure.

County 1 

Rutland - Oakham United

Gameweek 27

Surely with 4 games to go and 3 cups to be won Rutland will be finished. It will take a massive collapse from here.

We could wrap the league up here. I've been told that Peterborough North End Sports are a reserve team meaning I don't think they can win promotion. It will also mean if they come 1st and us 2nd, we will win promotion but it won't count towards anything.

e0e441bb311d4b9fec184408674be3cb.png

You have to think Long Sutton will win to keep they faint hopes alive and PNES will look at capitilise on home turf. We have the toughest game. 3 points would be huge.

First bit of drama of the day. Moulton Harrox have the ball in the net but its chalked off for a foul.

48cde35afacd9c87a177801c68c426d9.png

Oakham lead! Will Bird has been brilliant this season and he fires the visitors into the lead.

50480a01230a1fd51fb1e5eb13169064.png

As it stands Oakham are as good as Champions.

6fb6a8193a89a28c1fc0e120a071fa2f.png

Peterborough North End Sports take the lead. 

caba592f1b8205b962b930490b4a9ada.png

As you were at the top.

2af067c99282bd5bf72806d8c0a7fd93.png

Half time here and its an even game with Oakham just ahead. Huge 45 coming up.

d70d0ce3b045e7e6446b19ad89f4f2cd.png

Huge goal! Oakham double the lead. Can they hold on to a massive 3 points?

1937dd2926588425f57b600981846fbd.png

That didn't take long! Game back on here.

cb2276570d89387c9624b33b050cc6e6.png

Its raining goals! Unreal scenes here. Oakham regain their cushion.

a3983f13b68e74f695480f99dccfb7e3.png

Game over here surely. All eyes go to the chasers.

79d3289c16b390db0dae5578cd5d61df.png

A penatly to Long Sutton. Its not going to make a difference they aren't going up.

c17842ee8db8318e295c4b08245f84c3.png

Huge win for Oakham. They go to within one win of the title.

f70d215f7bd57afcd5ec86ffe2066405.png

Top 3 all won which eliminates Long Sutton from promotion. 2 horse race heading into the final game.

Nothing about us being promoted just yet so I'm still not 100% sure what's happening.

3 games left effectively 3 cup finals.

County 1

Rutland - Oakham United

Gameweek 28

The final game. The whole season has come down to this. 2 horse race. Us or Peterborough North End Sports.

074001d17fc781123d92641651ab7089.png

We are once again away while PNES are once again at home but it is not an easy game at all. Gives us hope that maybe we don't need a win. That being said a win is the only result that guarentees it for us.

798f063c41139484a7b14137a3e70c39.png

I don't believe it. 

Well here we go. Oakham play knowing a win will secure the league and promotion. Anything else and they face an agonising wait for the rearranged fixture between 2nd and 3rd.

b93bd3bd80e0c92fbaf78be898201d9c.png

What a start! That will ease some early nerves. 89 minutes to hold on!

e2efef71943dbc317548648778e1243a.png

Unbelievable start. Not game over but a huge start for the Champions Elect.

1a5ecc05624d2c4af27019f738b439fe.png

A brilliant free kick and surely that's that!

ac8fec35a360a87519cdf6f4b0d4565a.png

Absolute dream land.

19th minute - The ball is in the back of the net for 5 but he's just offside.

29th minute - First chance for the hosts but he heads it just over. 

33rd minute - A fantastic save stops this being 5. This game is over as a contest it just seems to be how many can the team from Rutland score?

3b8406f78f4dddea69e4553d640b7f4a.png

Remarkable half and the next 45 minute will feel like a victory lap.

55th minute - It should be 4-1 its a long way back but a goal there would have given them a bit of hope.

74th minute - He's determined to go up with a clean sheet as its another great save from the visiting keeper.

74th minute - Straight from the corner its a penalty.

141faf816352d57b88f2e8ae865bdf28.png

Straight down the middle. 2 little 2 late.

b61cb9ebfe4af8e62d8e9f073a5ff068.png

Icing on the cake. Bird has been brilliant and that's a brilliant finish.

1b64ee7b43b22ee4f798781c30206c38.png

Fantastic performance when it mattered.

e777f4402a2a78d2d3d7a2fa0c10b6ee.png

6a6f19f073eaebe1aed51e511acb03c3.png

Noooooo I'm going to have to start paying players! What fresh hell is this!

5f91fcc8b709f69ffe5638458f295f97.png

Lets see how far 900 quid will go.

98540fdca8c71030c93fc60a97a1f4e5.png

294c9c5217e991b310a5d71c34a78762.png

The 1 fan that saw us lift the trophy was delighted.

61e13412acf0825600be11800a7d3492.png

I've also signed a new contract. The reason why is because not a single Isle of Wight job is free and neither is Fisher.

0b6c5b8bab2028de1915c0e094f9465a.png

Well well well what have we here. Just as I say that...this could be interesting.

County 1

Rutland - Oakham United

Cup Finals 

I want to start with this...

707d6a4ba72220d8f9f278d0b827cf85.png

Rutland is complete. I have two cup finals and a job application to hopefully our next County! Exciting times.

I will quit this job if it stops me getting the Cowes job. I have saved it and will reload if need be and see if quitting will help.

We are considers leading candidates according to the Cowes fans. Although bookies don't make us favourite. 

Its easy to forget we actually have a Cup Final!

We are overwhelming favourites to win but we are against a reserve team playing in Tier 12 so I can understand why.

6th minute - Nearly a goal. The Reserve side has come out swinging and nearly make it 1-0. Header just over.

11th minute - Once again its the Reserves with the chance. A free kick whipped in and once again the header is just wide.

22nd minute - Fitton has the first shot for Oakham. Straight at the keeper. 

26th minute - Another chance for the reserves. Another header wide. They are knocking on the door.

40th minute - Another chance for the reserves. Another header wide. They are knocking on the door. I've literally copied and pasted that.

8ac99647b72d3f384304c97892c101f0.png

Nothing has changed on the scoreboard but the number of players on the field has. Whittlesey Athletic Reserves are down to 10 men.

afb446a2a3b7bebb0563b186ef171647.png

0-0 with chances. Oakham were overwhelming favourites before and now with the extra man its hard to see them not winning.

3c1e97b920167d7b550f101e810f7b5f.png

Well there it is. Oakham have been absolutely poor. Its like a title hangover. This isn't against the run of play. Completely deserved.

66th minute - Will Bird has been awful today and he finds another one of his shots going wide. Do Oakham have anything left?

82nd - You feel that was the chance. Cross comes in and it falls to Witton. He fires straight at the keeper. Not long now.

90th minute - Another chance goes begging and that must be that. Oakham have been absolutely awful today and deserve nothing.

a4e187b1cefc42161632bd98f142996b.png

That honestly is the worst performance I've seen any one of my teams on FM ever put in. 

It grates at me that a reserve team won a cup.

We have one more Cup Final but honestly I hope to be gone before it.

And now the game has saved again which really puts a spanner in the works! Its the day before the other Cup Final and we are still there.

We face Peterborough North End Sports who I'm sure will be out for revenge for us pipping them to the title.

I'm not going to lie I couldn't care less about this...I'm using Instant Result...

f5d4ecea7bf8ceb8a0cba112d84be702.png

It really wasn't kind to me and its 100% made my decision easier.

50ad7ddf57aad1b486527fd64a8e0803.png

Ooooo never seen that before.

1833aa2e9fa3f413754575a15f17106d.png

Should have done it before the Cup Finals and saved myself a bit of frustration!

I've removed Tier 11 from the Game in the hopes of speeding it up a little bit. All the jobs I want are Tier 10 at the lowest

adf185d5a26f0f442a0903f4ef31e55a.png

Thank God for the league that's all I can say!

Now we just wait to see if I get a job interview at Cowes.

In Between Part 1

So we are unemployed. There are 4 jobs I want. 3 are not free while the other I've applied for, I'm waiting for an interview. Lets hope I get one at least.

Of course if I don't get it I have no problems getting a random job somewhere in Tier 10 in the hopes one will come free soon.

e74214a999be9e760d240f8091ae6ee3.png

Oh thank God. We at least have an interview!

df7c66c15c4d878f53329c8ac8936c32.png

Absolutely brilliant...

11 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

Good first season, unlucky not to win either of those cups but the league performance was fun to watch. One down, 47 to go!

Both were frustrating. Obviously didn’t matter that much but still wanted to win them. Glad to have had the title wrapped up. Took the pressure off. 

Delighted to have got a job in Isle of Wight! Don’t think it will be a one and done with these. 

County 2

Isle of Wight - Cowes

d1268adfaf51d69ffe1ae750691476bf.png

dbdde40bb63aa5956d80222c7ed87813.png

Next season we take part in 3 cups. Spoiler alert....we don't win the FA Cup. Although it will be a potential money spinner for the club. We have to think we can go far in the FA Vase and Wessex League Challenge Cup.

We are in the offseason for 19/20 still so no expectations just yet.

Much like at Oakham there are no staff. That's my first job.

48aa884cfbd87c84a9ebeed38dbd381d.png

So we are off the mark. 1 down quite a lot to go. I want to try and whiz through the first lot, mainly so I can get rid of some leagues and speed up the game.

c598154c4d269a3312b137ef431f30b3.png

We have lost 3 quid and you're happy! Scandalous!

f0750aeace415985cae8611f1a7d4cc7.png

We have less money than when we were at Oakham!

81383096e66cc167c9cc867106886fcd.png

So this is the job we have got on. Very mid-table last season in the Wessex League Premier Division. We are a Tier 9 team. 

1737a33b8d197896d842f7697dcc4313.png

No expectations but it doesn't say "Not Important" so all 3 cups are in play.

30b55f7b31b9b4b03b18736b67ef10ad.png

As it stands we are expected to finish 17th out of 19th. I've got a pre-season to try and improve this side in order to push for the title. Maybe this is going to be a 2/3 season job unless we can get lucky in a Cup.

Our best chance is easily going to be the Wessex League Challenge Cup. We are in the Top Division for this Cup. So we just need a lucky draw.

So after talking to the players it seems they are more than happy just staying in this division!

I don't want to look at the finances because if I don't look then they don't exist.

County 2

Isle of Wight - Cowes

Pre-Season 2020/21

I had a big job getting this squad ready for the season. We need a lot of new players in.

72a20ce525015c435f6803b59ecab079.png

Was really hoping for a home tie in the FA Cup. We could do with winning a few games. They are a Tier 9 team like us who have just been promoted so we will have a small chance.

2bc33f063432127484273bdb5d52e530.png

I went for a few big boys to get some money. It made the friendlies look worse than they were.

So this is the squad I'll be taking into the start of the season...

2517ac1a57ba63b97698eed78aa352f4.pnga4535a5b8de8714db3c5325ffa37922b.png

I didn't need to worry about Striker that was for sure. We have improved the odds and positions slightly in the predictions but we are still favourites to face a relegation battle.

I want to bring in another CB and CM at least.

Just like that though its time to start the season.

County 2

Isle of Wight - Cowes

August 2020

I want at least 4 new players but the season waits for no man.

We start our fight for survival away from home.

85bf4a81afb341d9a1c10b89ea045314.png

Well as far as first games go this isn't a bad one! Although Michael McEnery scored twice then...

ca0255d895365078c14cad86d00ec112.png

Pretty much ended his career. We can't really afford specialist so its just a physio for him.

42191b003305704ce0701a73e8ea440f.png

This is what the month looks like. Love a win in the Cup.

We aren't favourites for the Cup game. Lets surprise the World! ish.

9efd0be16761d09a0ce71d9a5754950e.png

Excellent result and into the hat we go. Preliminary Round bound!

8a761c70e0fd7d581465f8b6afb13bee.png

This is why I wanted to win a few rounds.

26dfb8d5c3b2e3aa2a4dbc53e74decaa.png

Bah another away game. They are Tier 8 so the league above us meaning its not going to be easy at all. A replay and take them home wouldn't be a horrible result here.

d2f779ba29eaffa382c0e2b0d6ddc03a.png

We were the better team so I thought we had thrown away a win but a brilliant late goal keeps the good times coming.

Fawley next away. They have started the same as us. Big test of if we are the real deal or this is just a fluke start.

d680af9bfeeaacc919de5146dec402e8.png

An even game that neither side deserved to lose. We did. I think we are a few players away from being a good side in this division. Just a few more players.

We are away next in the Cup. We will be massive underdogs. It means we have nothing to lose.

864b19c96fe13a32770425ec24ca8f26.png

I mean the emotions I went through over this 90 minutes. The straight red for them followed straight away by the penalty. We then dominated and found the equaliser. They were the better team in the second half despite the sending off but then we got a penalty which would have seen us through only to miss it! We also had not one but two goals disallowed in the first half before we equalised. Crazy game! We go into the hat for the next round at least.

Our game against Shaftsbury has been moved for the Cup Replay which is literally the next game. They were the better team with 1 less men, even at home I don't think we will have enough to beat them. A win would see us play 7th Tier Needham Market so pretty much out either way!

27f6e1ed363da7b42a0498acb3f410eb.png

We were outclassed but really this tie comes down to penalties. They scored BOTH they got and we missed ours. That's the difference. This will go down as a what if.

The fact that we were so outclassed and relied on an early red just to give us a chance against a Tier 8 team leads me to believe we don't stand much chance in the FA Vase either.

One more game this month as we look to bounceback in the league. This is the first game this season we are favourites to win according to the bookies. Incoming heavy defeat!

b94d938b555b78f2ede731fbd5960633.png

Good win. Good bounceback and a very encouraging start.

a36168bda30b451eba0775c3af983bcf.png

Another away draw in the FA Vase this time. Harold Wood are in the 10th Tier so we really should be favourite to go through to the next round. FYI we would have been away in the FA Cup had we got through!

The very early table looks like this...

6aa80103b7b9efb9e5d3ab2664685a88.png

Well best case scenario we have a 9 point lead over relegation! Its been a good start to the season. Lets hope it continues and we don't go off the boil.

Edited by andychar

County 2

Isle of Wight - Cowes

September 2020

7b13e2fdd8e9bca327b022c9937db609.png

I like how most games are just a Saturday. We have quite a thin squad so as many times to rest players is great. Hamworthy and Shaftesbury have started well so its going to be a test of weather its beginners luck or if we can actually challenge.

It would be great to keep up the challenge but honestly a comfy mid-table finish would be good with a chance to build on it for next season. Removing Tier 11 seems to have sped up the game and I'm removing Tier 10 at the end of this season.

I wanted to have a quick look at how Oakham are doing...Quite well actually. 6th in the league and through in the FA Vase! I have just raided them for Will Bird. He was great in Tier 11, lets see if Tier 9 is a step to far for him...

2d905804de17baeccc8c9b82b98cda04.png

I have a feeling its going to be an entertaining season this year. Another penalty given away which could be a problem, today it wasn't.

We face another tricky game next. If we can win this one then a small part of me will start to believe.

c1f26e5f83eae68e96a2780fd685d33c.png

A good late goal robbed us of all 3 points. Still not a horrible result in the grand scheme.

FA Vase up next. I don't think we are going to win it but it doesn't mean I don't want to go as far as possible. You never know with some luck (and some home draws for a change!) we could do well.

d40005b1cbc6dae96b96810b49d5064b.png

Another late goal conceded and I'm noticing a pattern here. Despite dominating we are going to be forced to play another game in a suddenly hectic period.

If we get through the replay we are at home! One of the horsemen has been summoned!

We go straight into the replay. One thing is for sure. We need more CB's. We are down to bare bones fitness wise. This isn't going to be a straightforward game.

5fa91c4988649c23fc488ef0bf16ebac.png

So it was a nice straightforward game.

a553fe8d089615a2dc0429604a689ded.png

Huge cash prizes! I mean the joke is there but this pays for a weeks wages.

3aaad6f6046fca26e9942cc3c97be485.png

A home draw! Shefford Town and Campton play in the 10th Tier so once again we will be favourites to go through. Nice draw. This is the luck I was talking about before!

We return to league action next. Hopefully we can continue our little challenge at the top.

6acf752cf35edc1ae6a3a2b9bf560d2b.png

Will Bird has made the jump well.

daad2c1391eb6aa0642f86810b10c085.png

Another good win. At what stage does it stop being a surprise and start becoming an expectation?

One more game this month and if we win it we will finish the month top.

01f789f67a183db2ad2bb05c29f7340a.png

Wow that was a huge win. Lots of different scorers as well. We did pick up a red card which isn't shown there. McKeever.

887577e9b6a662652de2c467367c7f3b.png

Its been a good month!

There are a set of fixtures without me before the end of the month, odd number of teams in the league again.

It means the end of the month the table looks like this...

b69ba8593d3e54a6f79f4b66b31fbe6c.png

Because of FA Cup and FA Vase games are all over the shot and I think they will be until after Christmas. So looking at it closely things are looking good. There are a few teams within a few points and a few teams who can go within a few points with a game in hand. 

I'm very happy with the start and hoping to continue it all the way through!

County 2

Isle of Wight - Cowes

October 2020

Still a long way to go which is a shame.

60c03fb628f8e113275a28b88038fefd.png

Chance for more progression in the cup.

We start away to a team who has been struggling so far. Lets take advantage.

e5ed58d148ef772b260a877d224d3522.png

We didn't take advantage despite them having 1 shot on target. 

We are at home against Top next. Its top vs 2nd. Big game even this early on.

b6527c3d081d9201b233ca22163d331e.png

What a result from 1-0 down and 10 men. Result which gives me so much confidence for the season.

FA Vase up next. We are going to be favourites to get to the Second Round.

f547781c327ef0e32a4470a93859f392.png

A casual limp into the second round. We were the better side but only just. It took a penalty. We have missed a few this season so I was nervous. Delighted to get through the hopefully the draw remains kind. £825 for that win. The prize money is slowly going up.

055ac6f8f4d9f6bf88d581afe606cdec.png

We are at home again. We are getting all the luck we missed from the FA Cup. Ardley United are a Tier 10 team and are actually playing in the same Division as Oakham United. Oakham are still in the competition. How amazing would it be if we drew each other.

We should be classied as favourites for the tie and hopefully can see ourselves into the Third Round. We will find out at the end of the month!

Back to league action next we face 15th place away. Fingers crossed for another 3 points.

218e428dc890e0b961909f2f946fd574.png

Our best chance to win a trophy and we get an away draw against a team in the same division as us. Not the easiest draw at all but we will give it our best.

442a95aaa656343fdbe9620de9d9991f.png

Another penalty makes the difference. Another 3 points so I'm not complaining!

46f165eb148d7438888e359f537d0a3b.png

This has come frustratingly early. I'm not going to apply because I don't want to get it then have to turn them down! Sometimes a team can take all season to replace a manager. Fingers crossed this happens here.

AFC Portchester away next. 1st v 3rd big game.

5cf392c3b0d250feb05c6797559edf03.png

Brilliant performance from Bird. He's really made the step up and its a massive 3 points. Its a win that really makes me think we can maintain this title challenge.

One more league game this month.

8887b5c980d629c85754b238f58e725f.png

It has been beyond my expectations so far.

365a8744e61ca4a561b8ae8ad54be8d4.png

From hero to villian. We were under the cosh after the sending off and have no complaints. We move on!

FA Vase time. We are the favourites. We should be getting through.

1c6d01a39e740810b2ad8ca1362297ad.png

Another red card nearly cost us massively. I couldn't have argued if it had gone the other way to be fair. Luckily it didn't.

So the table after what seems like a really long month looks like this...

2f08a2d4acfb884c85511d2566b3516e.png

We have a nice lead at the top. We have a cushion and can afford a slip up which really takes the pressure off. Onwards and upwards!

Bloody good start to your Cowes career. Lovely little league, the Wessex. At this rate, though, you won't be in it long.

I had a double take when I read Connor Cody booked for Chichester a few posts up. Few letters off though. 

3 hours ago, anagain said:

Bloody good start to your Cowes career. Lovely little league, the Wessex. At this rate, though, you won't be in it long.

I had a double take when I read Connor Cody booked for Chichester a few posts up. Few letters off though. 

Haha I did the same! Even clicked on his name just in case. 

I wasn’t expecting this good a start. I was preparing a 2 maybe even 3 season charge with Cowes. Be great if I could one and done but I’m still a tad annoyed Fisher job is there now. Still tempted to apply and jump ship to get it finished. 

County 2

Isle or Wight - Cowes

November 2020

First thing up this month is the draw for the next round of the FA Vase. We are at home but we don't know who against just yet. A replay will be needed.

613a330c0c8b0defcd533827d59766d1.png

As you can see its at the end of the month and will be either Durham City or Portland United.

We start with a massive game. Win it and we have a good lead, lose it and things will get interesting.

f469c0d07039939ec737fba8521f249e.png

It will be Portland for us. The Andover New Street game obviously been moved. Portland are in our division and struggling so on paper we should be looking at the next round.

8cb65386862e7f237672cd73fa5fbc99.pngcfcb6491491cfa645ea4d463d9f31b2e.png

One of those games. We didn't deserve to lose. We got absolutely zero luck . We got nothing go out way including a goal disallowed. Lets just move on and hope we get the rub of the green. 

Christchurch up next. They are in 6th so this won't be an easy game. If we play like we did against Bournemouth then I think we can win it.

59da427d77e9ddee681c15c131a9a5ce.png

That's how you bounce back! Great win and a brilliant first half performance.

Away to Team Solent next and yes we will be taking our own packed lunch.

41197cc5e8aa7d279e4e0d0567bd48ca.png

We weren't good enough. Even after the sending off we did nothing to worry them. I think we have been found out after the brilliant start and I think we face an uphill battle to maintain a title challenge.

Another away game against 11th place and this is where we are going to come unstuck.

56728c20e292e2e32262571e718e724d.png

Both these back to back losses the stats have been absolutely bang on and yet we have come away with nothing. We aren't getting the luck at all, but at the same time we also aren't getting the performances. Its been a tough month to watch. Maybe my expectations have unfairly grown after the amazing start. Maybe I need to go back to being shocked we are winning rather than expecting it!

I feel we are a downward spiral in the league. Hopefully we can continue the FA Vase adventure. Otherwise all the eggs are going to be in the Wessex Premier League Cup.

We have played Portland this season already and beat them 2-1. It wasn't comprehensive so fingers crossed!

1c304320dcb7f35866f172e0bb0b9c08.png

Obviously the early goal helped as did the red card. It was a good performance and we go into the 4th Round. I think this is going to be the Last 32.

b446583c52d3e42fa5ba4d366724ae7f.png

Our first away game since the Qualifying Round so can't complain really. London Colney are in the same Tier as us. In their Division they are 7th. It will be a very even game. I would make them favourite due to being at home but by all means its a winnable tie for us. Maybe even be good to force a replay.

The league table looks like this...

4a9458569dac93555c11d0e4311111c4.png

We have dropped down to 3rd but we are still massively in the mix nearly at the half way point. Its also important to remember our expectation is "Avoid Relegation" with that we have a 20 point lead!

If it gets to a point where the Title is out of hand for the sake of speeding up I will be using Instant Result.

County 2

Isle of Wight - Cowes

December 2020

62fdc352739df6b00dca34e512fba92c.png

A good home month for us and hopefully a chance to bounce back in the league. We start with easily our best chance of getting out of here and that's the County Cup. We are away to a team bottom in our division. Cup football is a great leveller and we can't assume we are going to win.

8c98dcdf21c0e88834cbb890193fe7c9.png85e59bb5d043e121462bbe66d763d9d3.png

Frustration doesn't even begin to cover this game. We shut up shop to maintain the lead and couldn't do that. Then extra time was just surviving because all the back ups were on. Penalties, we had the lead and blew it, we had a penalty to go through and blew it. Basically there goes our best chance to get out of this County at the first attempt. 

Right I want us to put that horrible crappy result behind us and start back onto good form in the league.

Sholing up next. They are 7th. 

5021e6a05f990585b7076f1d971622ce.png

Now that's more like it! Our last two league wins have been a combined 7-0. We need that form!

3rd place Tadley next. This is a big game. We are just ahead of them in the league. A win would really show we mean business.

d2881cafd240c9f3bca4af08a9624d26.png

I shall look forward to seeing the new crop. I could rely on them heavily next season.

f6c2f75ca5e091af76f590ad689c2ce2.png5b2e60e29ef46292b5a7d02e0ba4fcbb.png

We aren't good enough. There is no way we should be losing these games. We can't take chances and its absolutely killing us. All form has gone out the window. We are better than our prediction but we should be doing even better in the league. 100%.

It seems every time we take one step forward its two steps back.

We face Portland United away from home next. On paper we should be winning but honestly I have no idea what to expect at the moment! Tells you something when Portland are favourites.

e213a368e4767319e0f5b2f1f9c0dc5f.png

Biggest 1-0 win of the save so far. We dug deep for this one. Can argue we deserved it. I'm happy with that. Lets get some form together and win a couple more!

13th at home next to finish off the month and the year. If we are to challenge for the rest of the season we need to be winning these games.

I am going to post this thread one game early...lets call it suspence!

• 2 weeks later...

County 2

Isle of Wight - Cowes FC

December 2020/January 2021

Ok after a horrible week I'm back on FM. Only one more game to finish off the month and the year. We are still fighting for an unlikely title and we still have one cup to fight for. I still think this is going to be an unsuccessful season but I think we have made good progress.

We have nearly our strongest team. Lets go out there and finish the year on a high.

bed85e39f745c7df91a50e7247b48718.png

Hard to take really hard to take. Even before the sending off we were dominant.

1cf80ac7536dcb4ff0fdbf36bf906e63.png

What more can we do? Hitting the woodwork twice and dominating. Very frustrating. It feels like each and every game is like this at the moment.

What start next month with a game against Shaftsbury and honestly its a perfect description to how I feel at the moment.

The league table looks like this heading into the new year...

c9d1db2b221025ec843551072c4140d3.png

I think even though we are 3rd we just aren't consistent enough for a title challenge. Obviously we still have a great chance but honestly I just don't see it.

997cf9132a19414889048b355239ad12.png

The big game this month as far as I'm concerned is the FA Vase game. I think as soon as we go 9 points behind the lead I will start using Instant Result in order to get to the next season as soon as possible.

The good news is we have massively exceeded expectations this season so I won't be fired! I know I'm expecting to much from my players. Hard not to when we had such a huge start.

e168dbefe399b9c6fac94fdc8cb51558.png

As soon as I said that we got a new contract. Good stuff.

399970ef37a779d1df353c12b22b77c7.png

A late goal made it closer than it needed to be. Red Card did change this game it was even before hand but we took charge and got a big win. I thought when we missed the penalty it was going to be one of those games!

So a big win and one that once again gives me hope!

Mid-table Hamworthy at home next. If we are to challenge this needs to be a win.

20c4aa200f9fd3ad232269a606d420c4.png

Another big win. I've complained about luck recently but last 3 games we have seen 2 red cards and a missed penalty go our way so I can't really complain!

Next game is the FA Vase. I'm not saying the entire season rests on this game but its a big one! We are away to another Tier 9 team. They are 9th in their division. We have a chance although I'd make them favourites.

2543a82f27a873b4c9b0bebd22048f5e.png

F*** this game.

1bc96de780c8c80b4941a358a2b5bd8f.png

We came up against the Messi of Non-League football. Every single thing that Hernandez touched went in. So frustrating because as you can see we weret the better team. 9/10 we win that game and go through. This was the 1. Because I like punishing myself I looked at who we would have got in the next Round...we would have been home against another Tier 9 team...big opportunity missed I reckon.

Right that's it then. League or nothing. I dont think we would have gone on to win the Cup but it really crappy going out like that. But on the bright side, top played while we were getting knocked out and got beat so the gap at the top is down to 2. Positives!

We play 17th place Fleet away next. Again if we are serious title challengers we need to be winning this game!

828484ee0ced897b23a11e895fa19a38.png

Second game in a row we lost a lead straight away. We are consistently inconsistent.

Once again we created more chances but once again we can't win. They had 2 goals chalked off while we had 1.

Home against 12th place Horndean. We need 3 points.

2353fe8f409c9a85c67815734be129e8.png

We 100% deserved something so happy with the late equaliser. More dropped points though and once again a lead lost. We need to start defending better therwise we have no chance.

One more game this month but that's the end of my session and I don't want to lose my post so here's the table...

b48f0ba8a871407a232c1ab91c4565bb.png

We have cut the gap to 3 points, could have been better if not for those 2 draws. We are still in the mix which is great but I don't think we will maintain till the end.

County 2

Isle of Wight - Cowes FC

January 2021/February 2021

One game left in January. We face bottom we NEED to win this.

d33fdac9141202d8bea5c52d5dfa0149.png

Its a win. That's all that matters. We still have the best GD in the league so lets keep picking up wins!

February is...well...big.

34368cb34ea43ab4778c02197d114bf2.png

We have a 14 day break before we play Top away from home. I assume its our turn not to play a gameweek. If we lose that game we could be 9 points behind. I won't be Instant Resulting at that point though because we will have a game in hand to make it 6. I mean best case scenario we could finish our next game top of the table...that's how close things are at the moment.

It isn't a must win but its certainly a must not lose.

We have 10 games and 30 points left to play for.

Baffins Milton won so we are 6 points behind. Adds more pressure on this game.

d7c6f9b5137ff5ed67a9b2752363f49e.png

77a7a6c389f77b83434fe12f69c1b93f.png

You can't have 4 clear cut chances away from home against Top of the table and only take 1 and win. We were great. Their two goals were a 30 yard rocket and a 25 yard free kick. Other than that they weren't dangerous in the slightest. We deserved more, much much more. We come away with nothing.

Our next 3 games are all at home. We are 9 points off with a game in hand. Our GD is 1 less but lets face it if we are catching up 6 points theirs will have to go down and ours will go up. That being said we are 1 loss away from Instant Resulting the rest of the season for speed!

0279f41d255f13e438192d2d08cc5400.png

Its a win. Not great but 3 points. Baskin Muffins won 4-0 so the GD has taken a big hit.

e5550e6cfb91a971eabf43b114edd9f1.png

Y'all welcome.

We host 2nd bottom next. Chance for a win and hopefully a big win. Although lets get a win first and foremost!

62eb70896a8f283f73288226acd3cce2.png

Was very happy with this result I forgot to take screenshot of the result like I normally do. We were very dominant from start to finish and deserved not only the win but the big win. Baskin Muffins snuck a 1-0 win so its as you were.

It leaves the table looking like this...

f6d20172f5a85f96f5cc9b7e93efc454.png

Annoying we are quite ahead of everybody else its just one team who have been much more consistent. We aren't giving up but honestly at this point we need to pretty much win every single game and just pray they lose a few. We have 7 games left, they have 6.

County 2

Isle of Wight - Cowes FC

March 2021

afc18c36f2b4b78eeeee1c7c5bb6baa4.png

Simple. Win.

AFC Portchester are 5th so this isn't going to be an easy game. We just need to win one week and Baskin Muffins to lose just to give us hope. If it goes the other way then its game over.

f6a3b50b03fda0faf32c727a76f2a725.png

Game over. 2 goals disallowed. This is how our season ends. Not with a bang but with a massive whimper. I'll be using Instant Result for the rest of the season and I'll just post a End of Season review.

County 2

Isle of Wight - Cowes FC

Rest of Season 2020-21

I never expected to challenge in the league but we were second best. I honestly can't wait to see the back end of Baskin Muffins.

This is how the season finished....

By the time I gave up we were 12 points off with a game in hand which is up next. Be funny if we won every game and somehow turn it around. Could I in good conciousness call it a victory!?

6484af7af273eabd9c23e75a8484a07a.png

Well I think we played well. Looks like I might have been the weak link!

eddfa18a4dde63891072cb8bc6e76658.png

Shows that even though I'm dissapointed its been a really good season for the club.

28f0766912877bdc473fdd1d30c10dac.png

Oh but I want to believe!

f730b5c38995622726290809e8c2d0a8.png

Ok now I'm starting to take this personally.

9008f24f4d851d008a5a80ebfbc2394d.png

According to the stats we were second best so I will take a point. 

Baskin Muffins are one win away from the title now and naturally they lost. We are 8 points behind with 3 games to go.

3 wins from us and 3 losses from them....possible right?

5d2fff4f211a6c75857bab21da5cff2c.png

Youth Intake isn't horrible I suppose.

I'm going to test a new tactic for the last 3 games...

7130cb90fe93c518b75fbdb03e94230e.png

Straight simple 4-4-2. 

95147866149b3c6c611226566e6a3443.png

So far so good. Very even game looking at stats. Nice to see a penalty miss go our way.

Muffins won so it meant nothing but at least it means we secure 2nd.

2 more games that actually mean nothing rather than me just saying they don't mean anything!

d4e09f0b5fbe1939b9af1ac4fff7cc89.png

I want a Tycoon dammit!

2273e097922119da20a3bb5f1636b6fb.png

Players are already on holiday. Looks like it was the worst performance of the season bar none.

4bcb5643461c659ec628a8a0dc3b8a3d.png

Great game to finish the season but another loss and just look at the stats. If you are going to concede nearly every time the ball hits the target then what chance have you got?

Table finishes looking like this...

10cee771c07455eb8d8762a0a9cc12fc.png

We end up finishing a country mile away from top. Good riddance hope to never see them again. We need to believe we can do it next season.

So it all means we are here...

10c9f963906597883f8c3b4267a2bac9.png

We aren't going to win something every season and this season we probably weren't expecting to win anything so I have to admit its been a good year. Hopefully we have set up a healthy base to come back next year. And hopefully the team who came down are awful!

County 2

Isle of Wight - Cowes FC

2020/21 Round Up

82bf6f0a7a68d0e9ab6a4c0fce691e67.png

I feel this wasn't a spectacular thing to break.

4fdca1dfa08071ae634d5bfdc56fce64.png

fe489fdfb7d5b4c2060afe973675098f.png

Player of the Season was on loan. Lets get him back!

bff9b4cc55d221d85d475cb21954fa8d.png

Will Bird was on loan from Oakham United but we have signed him now. 

580aac344b6bdc7234c6d6f6159244ed.png

Biggest disappointment was the Wessex League Challenge Cup. This is without a doubt our best chance of getting out of this County. We need to be better next season! 

The goals and expectations remain "Avoid Relegation" so no pressure on next season on performing in the league.

87bf5da91ae275e40cdebd7e30c1743d.png

d5b3bb1603f17168171dc156c02a03f8.png

ea32214b047ab91a29a5004f012112b3.png

34a8d2fe712e32f383bd1f1806c8b816.png

Didn't take a lot to break any of these. 2020/21 was much better than 2019/20 from the looks! Lets hope 2021/22 is even better!

• 2 weeks later...

County 2

Isle of Wight - Cowes FC

Offseason 2020/21/Preseason 2021/22

This save is very much alive, I just, at the moment, don't have as much time as I want to play it. Hopefully things change in the next few weeks.

I rejoin literally spamming space as we have nothing on the agenda at the moment. My task is simple. Do my best to improve the side. Honestly if we have the same season and the teams coming down and up aren't brill then I think we should finish top!

Interesting to see Oakham United won promotion again so they will be in Tier 9 meaning they survive the cull.

Hi SI I would like to report a bug.

e3b6d1a9b202b2cbbf4597cf7c8b326e.png

Now I have a decision to make...

7dc02b13ba2bf632f096c0141650156c.png

They are a Tier 10 team. Which means If I move I'll have to cancel the Culling of that tier. They finished 4th last season and are amung the favourite to go up next season. Its a Tier below so honestly it feels like a bit of a cop out. It would be the easier way of completing Isle of Wight but it might make my next jump (to Fisher) harder.

What shall I do?

County 2

Isle Of Wight

So we are still in the Isle of Wight obviously but what did I decide to do?

1f02b648d5d2db6428f4605d58f35ad5.png

Nothing. I didn't decide anything! 

Tier 10 goes. Newport (IOW) aren't a playable team anymore take that Steve Bishop!

It of course brings a new problem. Would I even get the Fisher job if it came up!

Any way back to focusing on Cowes. The only team in the Isle of Wight for me!

b3bb67545b5ebbffcfade82756240d8c.png

We lost 3 quid! And you're happy!

d4b255c2ffdc7735d1ad29db11a05ea7.png

I can't really do anything until contracts are up and players are released. Then I can look at what we need and what we can get. 

18fb4a958d093a0d9a35eee25fad1c49.png

So we have no relegated side but it looks like all promoted sides should do well. Once again we are predicted to finish in the relegation zone. At 20/1 though I still fancy we can have a good season. I still think we can challenge for the title again. These odds are before players are released and the player roulette begins.

a45bde8ec6f013b09ae4decb80fe9ef1.png

Once again there are no expectations this season. Depending on how it goes I could be using Instant Result a lot! Wessex League Challenge Cup remains our best chance of anything.

Our wage budget is sky high despite all the releases. I don't think we are going to be able to bring any new players in. Maybe we are going to be in a relegation battle. The good news (if there is any) is we have pretty much the same XI as last season. If I'm right and we are the best in the league and we just were unlucky about coming up against 1 team better than us then we should be ok...end of the day I think this season could go either way. 

And just like that we head into Pre-Season and the Friendlies.

County 2

Isle Of Wight - Cowes FC

Pre-Season and Friendlies 2021-22

After players releases...

3d2a2b706d4460e383cc35b3a48f4533.png

Suddenly we are predicted 13th and only 9/1. That makes me feel much better!

49b8159911463c4bdd14beb72dd8c6c0.png

Would have been nice to get a home draw. Molesey are a Tier 9 team. Don't know what to expect.

9ccd68d4d942cfccba9e158f661dcb48.png

Well Pre-Season couldn't have gone much better. Some teams were the same level so below. Its sets us up nicely for the new season.

adb2a4bd891a02f556761299bc05fb9d.png

The Strongest XI we have. Its obvious where we need to improve. We just don't have the means to do it at the moment. Lets just hope for the best heading into the new season.

Right lets get this season underway and see what happens.

County 2

Isle of Wight - Cowes FC

August/September 2021

We start off tricky...

23e00a2e30925e28a015e7cf65da6ad2.png

First two league games are against teams predicted to be near the top. Mix that with an away FA Cup game and we have a tricky start!

75aafb03c3ab3332ea87c0bd1d45149a.png

Well as starts go this isn't bad. We beat the team predicted to finish top very comfortably. We started like a house on fire last season. It's important we do the same here. 35 games to go!

FA Cup next. Be nice to get through for Prize Money but we don't have any realistic ambitions here...surprisingly.

acde28b213b62fe7db7bdf03f4502437.png

A good win. We fully deserved it and we head into the next round.

238c7d69ea4fa3c097d949b2bef131b6.png

Big money really for this level. If we can win a few more rounds we might be finacially safe for a season. I mean ideally we get a First Round home tie but there's no way I can see that in our near future!

We are away once again in the Cup but we don't know who we are facing just yet.

We need to focus on the league again. If we can pick up a result here (doesn't have to be a win) it will show we are more than capable of challenging this season.

b905e8564c0421c9c1aee43d921e5c9d.png

Ok now we know. Nelson are a Tier 9 team as well. Again its tricky, could go either way. Lets keep fingers crossed we can get through to the First Qualifying Round.

d48bccbe703adef439d5070098dae3dc.png

Solid point. Very even game. Could be annoyed we lost the lead twice. We also had some massive misses but I suppose so did they. Fair result. I'm happy.

6c9e15e763ea718ee9a017eb7d1f960e.png

We took our eye off the ball when we went 3-0 up. Shame about the goals but no complaints from me. Happy.

FA Cup time next as we go away to Nelson. I'd say we have a chance although away from home against a team in another league but same Tier anything could happen.

d3a1ed467498e45a49aeb68f935670fa.png

Obviously the red card made the difference here. We started strong and the goal was against the run of play. I'd like to think we would have won regardless but we will never know! Into the next round we go.

9a39f56b60efe64003b78059de5a4d72.png

I'd love a kind draw. Get as much money as possible. And obviously to keep the quadtruple dream alive.

Once again we don't know our opponents off the bat but we know at least this time its a home tie. Its good we don't know the tie because it means (I think) the highest Tier is 8.

Ok once again the replays were sooner than I thought....

dbea911d86079d866590e54e0fbc64ac.png

We kick off next month at home to Barton Rovers. They are indeed a Tier 8 team. We could have faced AFC Rushden and Diamonds which would have been kinder! They are 14th out of 20 at the moment so I'd say we have a small chance but we will be the underdogs.

One game to round off the month. Be nice to start off the season unbeaten. We face Sholing away who are 6th at the moment. Not be easy!

258a6685be6d22521c0cdfec7bb70521.png

Its a game we were the better team. We created more chances. Honestly I see this as the first disappointment of the season. But its not a bad away point.

It means the way too early league table looks like this...

e388d39c557d00153ce2d3111d9afb48.png

We are up there. That's a good start.

The FA Vase draw has been made...

4eaa7b7616dfdd4500525027a57ebcb8.png

Southend Manor are a Tier 9 team. It means this game could go either way.