I can't stay away, I'm an Addick...

Deisler26

GAME 3

06d0b0f841430ecd8b7f846267fd484a.png

Good to get back to winning ways. We opened the scoring on 32 minutes when Joel Grant got himself in front of the ball and headed the ball out to Isi who thumped a 20 yard shot past Timmy Chocolate Wrists in goal. That was it for the first half, but with just 10 minutes gone of the second half, we doubled the lead when Harvey Elliott intercepted a wayward crossfield ball and hared off towards goal. As he entered the area, he looked up and knocked the ball wide of the keeper into the goal. The third goal was a thing of beauty. Joao Victor picked the ball in the middle of the Barnsley half and played a slide rule pass into the path of Harvey Elliott. Elliott then played a beautifully weighted first-time pass to Thierry Ambrose who coolly and calmly passed the ball into the net. We gilded the lily just two minutes from time, when Matty Foulds' cross was headed home by Connor McCarthy on his return from injury.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GAME 4

91cd15d6342c21d2deaaab7b8065049a.png

Out the blocks quick and managing to make it stick! At the start of the game, a long ball down the left flank found a marauding Matty Foulds who slung a hanging cross into the box for Harvey Elliott to head home. Elliott turned provider on 14 minutes, sending over a free-kick from the right hand side towards the far post, which was met by a Sotirios Papagiannopoulos header for his first goal for Charlton.

GAME 5

7937207905db6c6ce6b5c85c2f352639.png

What a result against one of my IRL most hated teams!!! We opened the scoring just a few minutes into the game. A turn and cross by Callum Webber was met by a thundering header from Joao Victor, which crashed down off the crossbar and in for his first goal in English football. Just before 10 minutes had passed, we'd doubled the lead. Kasim Aidoo got to the byline and chipped across the goal, only to find Stephy Mavididi free to head the ball into a gaping net. We were cutting through them at will and just past the half hour mark, we scored again. Pilkington's ball out to the left found Callum Webber and he turned into Cristiano Ronaldo, cutting inside the defender and thrashing a dipping shot past the keeper for our third. Webber turned provider five minutes later, crossing for Stephy Mavididi in a carbon-copy of his first goal. Amazingly enough, we STILL weren't finished and Mavididi turned provider this time, slaloming through the defence to set up Connor McCarthy to roll the ball wide of the keeper into the net to put us up 5-0 at half time! Barely ten minutes into the second half, Stephy Mavididi had his hat-trick. Rolling the defender after Joao Victor's great pass, he powered into the area and finished strongly past the keeper. We still had time to score one final goal on 72 minutes. A deep free kick from Pilkington saw the goalie come for and fail to get the ball. All that was left was for Joao Victor to volley the fumbled ball into the net. 

Standings

e6b00f31167679421907df1570985515.png

Edited by Deisler26

GAME 6

b50acdd2bf848fb446621cb4671c31c8.png

A good, if unconvincing win. Good interplay and pressure around the Boro box led to Harvey Elliott driving a low ball across the face of the goal for Thierry Ambrose to tap home for the only goal of the game. However, we should have doubled our lead in added time at the end of the game as Ambrose seized on a suicidaly short backpass, rounded the keeper and put it wide. Jesus wept.

Standings

974904a0b4e307d0b3cf9dd8f105c3a6.png

I gave myself a mark on my head from facepalming so hard...

Edited by Deisler26

Just caught up on this save, @Deisler26, and I’m loving it. I thought you were going to win promotion last season with the start you made to the season... but it wasn’t to be. Like someone else said, the Addicks were very unfortunate to miss out on automatics with that points tally.

Good to see you top again after six games, but I won’t say any more in case I jinx it.

Only a suggestion, hope you don’t mind, but instead of screenshotting only Charlton’s league placings, would it be possible to screenshot including the teams around you? I’d like to see how close you are to the other teams in the promotion race and who your main competition is.

Many thanks. Good luck 🍀 for the rest of the season.

Edited by Stuniverse

7 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Just caught up on this save, @Deisler26, and I’m loving it. I thought you were going to win promotion last season with the start you made to the season... but it wasn’t to be. Like someone else said, the Addicks were very unfortunate to miss out on automatics with that points tally.

Good to see you top again after six games, but I won’t say any more in case I jinx it.

Only a suggestion, hope you don’t mind, but instead of screenshotting only Charlton’s league placings, would it be possible to screenshot including the teams around you? I’d like to see how close you are to the other teams in the promotion race and who your main competition is.

Many thanks. Good luck 🍀 for the rest of the season.

Thanks man! If the placings thing is what the public desires, I shall do it! I'll go above and below.

TRANSFER NEWS - AUG 2022

I forgot to mention our outgoings this season!

Oztumer.thumb.png.44e3f1f57299f32e2c3171f849ff2a61.png Erhun only scored bangers, but his game time was limited for his wages so he was sold to Valenciennes FC for £250k

doughty.thumb.png.a3ff49c28f414e7fcd5731887597736c.png Alfie was a mainstay of my first season, but he became superceded by better left backs and was allowed to leave for Portsmouth in a £400k deal

taylor.thumb.png.6f7a4baea8bfbaf8da3b8d70456cb4a8.png Lyle was my top scorer, but after his penalty miss denied us promotion, I wanted him and his £17k contract out. Nottingham Forest took him on a free transfer as I couldn't sell him.

daramy.thumb.png.2992f1a07f58a5b77aa06b8e47bec398.png Mohamed was talented, but never showed it in more than flashes here. After lighting up Cyprus on loan, I couldn't say no to SV Werder Bremen and a club-record £20m deal.

CARABAO CUP THIRD ROUND

25d5f3a2b77ab2ede9630e5d42fdbb05.png

After being drawn against Arsenal in the Carabao Cup for the third time in four years, we did what we always do and played the kids. Joao Victor was sent off for a second bookable offence on 38 minutes.

GAME 7

07f72dd048a982a841ae3ac22cdff198.png

An easy win against the bottom club, even at this early stage. An early red for a bad tackle put them under the cosh and coming up to half hour gone in the match saw us take the lead. Morgan's ball to the right hand side of the box found Elliott in acres of space. He then rolled a first time pass into the path of Thierry Ambrose who finished well under the keeper. Ambrose turned provider just a few minutes later, his run into the left hand channel was unchecked and his pass inside found Isi who fired into the far corner, helped one the way by the goalie having chocolate wrists. Finishing the first half strongly at 2-0, we only managed to get one more in the second half. A Harvey Elliott cross found the head of Thierry Ambrose and he powered a header home to seal the win.

Standings

a635524c9a596f582e7c6691ad9f25e6.png

Edited by Deisler26

GAME 7

71bbf8d4b3b7ea28efafee73e14e9b2a.png

Whisper it slowly, but I think we're finally treating lower teams like they need to be treated. A cutback cross from the right landed at the feet of Callum Webber. As he moved back towards the right, the whole defence shifted with him, allowing him to turn and play in Kasim Aidoo who had time and space to place his shot into the far corner. We doubled our lead just after the half hour mark as Joao Victor curled a 20 yard free kick into the top corner, beating the keeper all ends up. We conceded at the death in the first half, but rode the game out as needed.

Standings

fee4a9b964bc4a7d6a5afde1b9396e1b.png

TRANSFER NEWS

de768e81bf69866a993f2e640bd61b66.png

fb35d59c194d57f913ecacdcb5c21329.png

I've been tracking this kid since he came into the league, but I didn't really want to buy him this early, not with Isi and Callum Webber in such sterling form. However, Borussia Monchengladbach forced my hand. They came in with a £2.3m bid, but I had to beat that to top Bundesliga interest. A £3m bid and he was ours.

Edited by Deisler26

GAME 9

cafcfe44db35894f93de88785b8a76f3.png

Another bottom-feeder thrown to the lions. I'm liking this team. Sotirios Papagiannopoulos volleyed home almost on the line from an Ambrose header back across goal to open the scoring on 7 minutes. On 25 minutes, Harvey Elliott raced towards the Wigan goal. He played a 1-2 with Thierry Ambrose and then finished low into the far corner under the keeper, who seemed to go down in stages. Isi sealed the deal five minutes after the break, heading home over the defender from a deep Elliott cross.

Standings

543cfb4b6dcce589d659a3ad58a64c91.png

Edited by Deisler26

GAME 11

6b18cad3c1a10242aca50b4672cfd856.png

Another brilliant performance saw us put Brum to the sword with help from their keeper. It took just 3 minutes to open the scoring as Connor McCarthy headed home from a Labyad cross, but that was the only action for the first half. We doubled our lead around quarter of an hour into the second half when Stephy Mavididi jockeyed the opposing centre-back and then fired inside the near post, with the keeper barely reacting to it. Unusual, but I figured he was blocked from seeing the shot by the defender. Just 12 minutes later, however, a cross from the left was flicked on by the defender, taking it off the head of Mavididi. The ball came out to substitute Jeremy Pilkington, on in place of the right back, who steadied himself and fired just inside the near post for his first goal for the club with the keeper's positioning suspect again! Just past the 80 minute mark, we increased our lead even more! A corner from the right hand side was headed home for his first goal for the club by Vicente Rafael Blanco. That looked enough, but we weren't finished. A burst down the right, whipping past the full back and Connor McCarthy then cut in on the byline and then rolled the ball past the keeper inside the near post AGAIN.

Standings

3b6644b074f4aeaccf63b999a81204c2.png

GAME 12

d6f49b821516177b4390e3bb987627d5.png

This game went to pieces in the second half. We'd opened the scoring on 6 minutes. A lightning-quick counter saw Callum Webber beat the defender for sheer pace, reach the byline and then cut the ball back for the late-arriving Joao Victor to sidefoot home. We were playing well and Callum Webber doubled the lead on 42 minutes, controlling the ball and firing home into the far corner after a Mavididi flick on from a cross. Half time came and we were comfortable. However, we had a third goal struck off by the linesman for a dubious offside a few minutes into the second half. Callum Webber then saw red for a second bookable offence. We then had ANOTHER goal ruled out on 75 minutes due to a badly applied offside. A 25 yard howitzer beat the keeper, but was called off because someone was offside, yet not interfearing with play..???... We then conceded two identical goals to the same player. A corner would come in, we'd panic, clear the ball into one of our own players and the ball would fall to the Reading player with an empty net. FFS.

Standings

b901428764fffae25aa7486c95decb15.png

GAME 13

0c49c58da53e530110a92e06d0df8511.png

Second place is the first loser. And that's still WBA in this one. Identical goals, 7 minutes apart, gave us the win. A cross from the right hand side was flicked on by Thierry Ambrose for Isi to side foot into the net. 

Standings

6fe8ba448ff1fc3a065971df7520077b.png

GAME 14

9f2bc006084dc312fd846cc2cb70cfd7.png

Another good win. We took the lead just before half-time as Stephy Mavididi intercepted a hospital ball to a defender on the half way line, skipped past the last defender and headed for goal. He slowed up long enough to lure the goalkeeper out and then slid it past him into the net. We finished the game off on 60 minutes when good passing in the middle led to a ball out wide to Kasim Aidoo. He had the freedom of Bristol to line up a cross which Stephy Mavididi headed home to double his tally.

Standings

6ff2a65a21739ef4f036109fb31b9b2c.png

GAME 15

04f89675d38609b717860ad64c77706c.png

The hype train rolls on. We opened the scoring on 19 minutes when Harvey Elliott jinked his way into the area and sent a hanging cross for Isi to nod past the flailing keeper. Isi turned provider for the second goal, ghosting past two defenders before firing in a low shot. The keeper gave up the rebound to Ambrose who squared it for Albie Morgan to tap into an empty net. Deep into first half added time, Elliott was sent tumbling in the box and Thierry Ambrose calmly sent the keeper the wrong way to score the third and final goal for us.

Standings

689912f87abfa789bc322124bc911d52.png

GAME 17

d9d3bc36358acd982fbf96bbef21dc2c.png

Awful. We've only let the opposition had 5 shots in total in two games, but we've not been able to capitalise. I saw the signs for this game in the first 6 minutes as we hit the woodwork twice with our first two shots.

Standings

5aa33bef3e24a8d2ff613b504deaeac9.png

GAME 18

3e18b3248825a2c936143d949c1b3de5.png

This is winding me up now. We scored our first goal in over 200 minutes of football when on 25 minutes, Harvey Elliott danced past two defenders to the byline and cut the ball back for Jake Forster-Caskey to place the ball into the far corner. But we conceded a point blank header on 95 minutes to leave us with 3 points from 9.

Standings

c8ff43499c6e5a18551e01abe46e9b80.png

Edited by Deisler26

GAME 19

8477139a6d6c37f16021a0b3e48f0428.png

AAAAARRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! We were 5 first team players down, but we took the lead on 14 minutes, when some intricate play down the left down Joao Victor on the edge of the area. He took a touch and slammed the ball high into the far corner of the net. But we conceded to a desperate toe poke, then lost Joao Victor to injury after we'd made all three subs. Utd then punished us in the 94th minute with a really good individual goal. No win in 4. F**k.

Standings

39b8a9bbcb86e2e2adec264c6ab9edff.png

GAME 20

d080d602fb92c553783c055825edd8a2.png

First super keeper I've seen this season. He was brilliant, saving a Thierry Ambrose penalty on 73 minutes (which saw Ambrose subbed straight after) and pretty much being a wall. We opened the scoring early on with Sotirios Papagiannopoulos heading home from a deep free-kick, but once again, we couldn't hold onto a lead. That dominant early season form looks like a distant memory.

Standings

5c8b0383397092e87a98ce0a6fb7917b.png

Still our best ever performance over 20 games and *should* see us top at the halfway point. 

7d98d8671abc8f0cae111d042666492a.png

0ae82f71c62147f29ddce61a78593b15.png

9342047a2cce40e99a48241f993e28cb.png

18 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

Win a game will ya?

Charlton fans have seen this before though. The fanbase are already resigning themselves to the play-offs.

It's just annoying me to be honest. We've got the talent, but we just cant put teams away!

GAME 21

99f16cef30e6d06fbcbc4c6647933fe8.png

Finally back to winning ways! We took the lead on 6 minutes, Connor McCarthy's seeing eye ball across the box found Isi getting there a second before the defender to toe-poke a trickling ball past the keeper. We doubled our lead a minute before half time as Jeremy Pilkington curled a 25 yard free-kick past the keeper. The second half was simple, and we put the tin hat on it deep into added-on time. Connor McCarthy on the touchline, cut in and laid the ball back to Casey Willis who absolutely thumped the ball past the keeper to score his first ever goal for the club.

Standings

08da536ff7847f3b364db9367ed7fb90.png

THE EMIRATES FA CUP THIRD ROUND

383f755c6f1a686137c7424a062857fe.png

FFS. We're losing ground now. The Forest keeper came for a corner on 17 minutes and made a pig's ear of it. The ball came out and Sotirios Papagiannopoulos volleyed home into an empty net. We then collapsed defensively to concede the equaliser. We couldn't force a way through and the game went to penalties. And it was Jeremy Pilkington who missed the vital penalty, smashing the ball against the post to put us out.

GAME 23

9a7bf33e21c55a5c6fd02f78c0de420d.png

3-0 up in the first 25 mins. Threw it away. :mad:. We opened the scoring after only two minutes when debutant Markko Viljala twisted and turned a defender on the edge of the area who was attempting to shepherd him out of the penalty box. Creating space, he dinked a ball into the open space in front of the keeper for Stephy Mavididi to head home via the post. Ten minutes later, a cross into the box was headed home into the far corner by academy product Joel Grant, to score his first senior goal for the club. We went even further ahead on 25 minutes when a swirling free-kick from Jeremy Pilkington was met by the head of Stephy Mavididi who nodded home past the Brum keeper. But we then decided to collapse defensively and went from 3-0 to 3-3. A shocker.

Standings

0fa9c2a9a2fbf37d794cd03d7d991b3e.png

GAME 25

bbd999ba46e94f9d5b95250cc7dd15bb.png

We're up to one win in 10 now. A long raking ball from the full back Aidoo found Stephy Mavididi about 25 yards out. He controlled the ball, took a few steps and thundered the ball past the keeper to give us the lead just before half time. Getting tired of us dominating games and not being able to score and it's meant we've lost top spot.

Standings

feb871baaa78abcd91e0bd782b11884d.png

GAME 26

22da18d65c90d0f40937bf2cb0a893e5.png

This goddamn team. We've struggled for so long, yet we just dismantled the league leaders. Early on, a swirling free-kick from the byline by Elliott was put on Stephy Mavididi's head and he beat the keeper at the far post. Just past the twenty minute mark, a cross-field ball from Sarpong-Wiredu found Kieran Dowell, who controlled the ball, looked up and stroked a lovely 20 yard curling shot past the keeper. Just three minutes after that, we put the tin hat on it as a long ball down the left-hand channel found Isi and his drifting pull-back was acrobatically volleyed home by Stephy Mavididi. Game. Set. And Match.

Standings

16a46ea79f98f9e3dd28b1674e2fc54b.png

Edited by Deisler26

GAME 27

5814a70bacecbb924cf1bf9a45947972.png

Two wins in a row! All guns blazing too! We took the lead with just 8 minutes gone, a central free-kick by Joao Victor, thrown into the mixer, was bulleted home by a Thierry Ambrose header. We then doubled the lead midway through the first half as good movement of the ball from the right wing to the middle found Joel Grant, who delivered an inch-perfect through ball for Callum Webber to drive home under the keeper. We then put the game out of sight in three second half minutes. First, on 64 minutes, Kasim Aidoo was given the freedom of Wales on the edge of the area to connect with a Joel Grant cross and thunder a 20 yard volley home. Then, just three minutes later, a cross from Webber found Joel Grant on the edge of the area. Playing a one-two with Mavididi, he created enough space to fire home to put us four goals to the good. The icing on the cake, the salt in the wound came just before 90 minutes when some crisp one-touch passing found a rampaging Kasim Aidoo free on the left hand side of the area. He made no mistake, lifting the ball over the advancing keeper to send the away fans into dreamland

Standings

7c17f53be54976142ffd303a6dd963b9.png

What an up and down season! Your Charlton team either score goals for fun or fire blanks. Great win against Huddersfield which seems to have given your Addicks momentum again.

Edited by Stuniverse

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

What an up and down season! Your Charlton team either score goals for fun or fire blanks. Great win against Huddersfield which seems to have given your Addicks momentum again.

Thanks man! It's incredible that we had one win in 10 and STILL stayed in the top two!!

GAME 28

1dfba3a0361ee8efe2ec08a96ac01dd6.png

Out the traps quickly again! With just 4 minutes gone, a ball from Willis found Elliott on the halfway line. He ran at the heart of the defence, before rolling a beautifully weighted ball into the path of Stephy Mavididi, who lashed the ball high past the keeper. Just 4 minutes into the second half, we doubled our lead when an infield pass from the right found Dowell on the edge of the area. He laid the ball off to Joel Grant who looked up and curled the ball past the keeper and inside the post from 20 yards. A nice time to score our third was on 69 minutes. A deep free-kick from the halfway line found the head of Sotiris Papagiannopoulos. His header looked goalbound, but savable. However, a Fleetwood defender blocked the header and this stranded the keeper and allowed 'Papa' to toe-poke into an empty net.

Standings

56dec5d554546f6b7ebe73eb84d51e0f.png

7 hours ago, Constantine said:

Honestly scared to post in this thread anymore because since i did last time, everything went to **** real quick :D

But this seems like your year, even i can't jinx it...

I'm truly not sure. It's proper tight down to 6th. 

GAME 29

458c4f1dff8e8d1f3a45db0fed1af0d7.png

Seems like our scoring issues are well behind us. The game was over in 20 minutes. Stephy Mavididi headed home from an Elliott corner to open the scoring after just two minutes. After just five minutes, we doubled the lead, Kieran Dowell getting a second bite at the cherry after his first shot was blocked, but he made no mistake on the rebound.  Despite conceding an absolute thunderbastard from Wednesday, we restored the two-goal cushion just before the 20 minute mark. Sotirios Papagiannopoulos smashing home after the ball dropped to him from a bunfight in the area after a corner. Less than 10 minutes into the second half, we poured salt into the wound when lovely intricate play saw Mavididi played though and although the keeper was equal to his shot, it was spilled out to Isi who tapped home. We topped the result off with some really tenacious play on the byline by Elliott which was finished with aplomb by Joel Grant.

Standings

2ae10cd623920d0d4f28dbc4e62ac39c.png