JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good luck with the new game Chelsea.

PRDH - even if Novello is a crap coach you've got to give him a job surely!! congrats again and great update

Des - we do indeed need to nail this challenge now. these 'young upstarts' are spoiling our party!! ;):D

Des - we do indeed need to nail this challenge now. these 'young upstarts' are spoiling our party!! ;):D

Well this season was looking like being the one, 12 games without a loss including defeats of Porto & Benfica, then I ran into Sporting and got spanked 6-1, at that point I had only allowed 6 goals in 12 games. I was 5 points clear, then I drew my next game and am now third on G.D. behind Sporting & Benfica.

Well this season was looking like being the one, 12 games without a loss including defeats of Porto & Benfica, then I ran into Sporting and got spanked 6-1, at that point I had only allowed 6 goals in 12 games. I was 5 points clear, then I drew my next game and am now third on G.D. behind Sporting & Benfica.

touch wood, i'm going well too so far. although Real Madrid have a 100% record so far.... :mad:

I had the Chairman and the board giving me a bit of money to keep us positive, but it is realistic to the football leagues in Portugal, none of the clubs are making any money at all except for about the top 5-6 in the nation.

You shouldn't go bankrupt, but you probably will have only a little money to spend, stay under your wage budget and you should be ok.

For some reason my team doesn't try as hard in cup games. I just lost to a non-league team in the 3rd round. I was the heavy favourite too. At the start of the season I selected Normal bonus for both the cup and the league so I don't see why they play so much worse in cups. In the league I am extremely dominant. But in both cup games I played, my team has played terribly. Oh well. At least I can focus on the league which is what is actually important. I would have liked to have played a big team at home in the cup so I could make some money but oh well.

Real Madrid really are a nightmare in Spain. Their money makes them stupidly good. Best of luck in catching them :thup:

cheers!! they finally lost their first game last night away at At. Madrid so i'm 2 points behind again. they have a game in hand mind. with regards to money it is true - they are way ahead as richest clubs in world. i am 3rd though which ain't bad!! :cool:

cheers!! they finally lost their first game last night away at At. Madrid so i'm 2 points behind again. they have a game in hand mind. with regards to money it is true - they are way ahead as richest clubs in world. i am 3rd though which ain't bad!! :cool:

Exact same for me, Real on 1.3bn, Barcelona and then us. When Real only lose 1 or 2 games a year its tough. I was unbeaten in the league last season and still only won it on the final day.

14 games into this season its us and Real about 8 points clear at the top already...does keep the save interesting though. That and the youths. Got 5 or 6 in the first team squad this year and another couple who are tearing up the U19's league.

It's AC Milan and Inter in my game. They can afford to throw huge amounts of money on players that are only going to be back-up at best. In my game Pier Luigi Farinelli is a perfect example. Inter spend £21.5M in bringing him to the club and he might have played 1 game maximum.

typical bloody forum curse!! 2 games played so far tonight, and two defeats........... :( next up?? Real Madrid

EDIT: make that 3 defeats after we lose 1-0... we've gone from two points behind to 11 in just 3 games in one evening.....

After a couple of halted attempts in other countries I have fallen back in love with my original Oviedo save. I have just finished off a season finishing 7th in Liga BBVA. I will do a mini report at the start of the next season as I want to get through the off season. It's good to be back, pleased to see people completing the challenge.

I'm keeping up with the league leaders so far this season as well as having qualified top from my CL group, I'm still in the Coppa Italia and I've won the European Super Cup, and Club World Championship too. So all in all a decent first half of the season. I've tried to secure the future as well, have brought in about 7 under-17 players in January.

Real Oviedo update Summer 2015

We were predicted to finish 20th in La liga last season and exceeded these expectations by finishing 7th and gaining a place in the Uefa Cup. We had received a place in the Uefa Cup due to our disciplinary record in the previous season. The board wanted us to reach the first knockout round. We achieved this but lost to Hamburg 3-2 on aggregate. I was chuffed with our season and so were the board.

I have managed to put together a squad capable of staying in the top division, however we are not making much money and I fear I will have to sell my best players to sign more for the future. With this in mind I am now scouting more and building a shortlist of targets that I feel will grow into top class players. The current squad has more competent professionals than future stars, however Marco Rutten, Bojan Zdrazkovic, Helio Manuel and Fernando Iturrieta offer some hope. Rutten is the clubs highest value purchase at 6.75m is just starting to pay some of it back.

The Squad

GK - George Forsyth, not Bruce's brother but may be able to dance. He has proved solid and cost us nothing I suspect he will be at the club for another couple of years until we find a capable replacement/understudy. Kept us in games against the top clubs last season.

DR - Miguel Angulo Borbon, named after my favourite biscuit this man was purchased from Rangers as we needed to strengthen the position. Had a good debut season and is probably playing at his full potential. Hoping to find an understudy to break into the side.

DL - Mehdi Benmoussa, Sudanese left-back with a bright future good defender excellent attacker. Expecting a lot from him as just paid 5.5m for him.

DC - Enes Sipovic, Absolute rock for us and 1 of 2 players still in the side from when we won promotion. Scores goals and gives his all for the team, recently made captain.

DC - Pichu Atienza, Was looking for a solid partner for Sipovic that was cheap. Purchased last season the fans took a while to warm to him but some strong performances and a couple of goals later in the season put them at ease. Atienza will likely become a backup at some point soon.

MR - Cosmin Toba, Talented winger with over 30 assists last season. Wants to move to a bigger club, he will get his wish for around 10m. My feeling is that he has peaked.

ML - Daniel Florea, The other player left in the side from promotion winning team. Tricky winger and great servant. Playing at full potential will eventually become a squad player.

MC - Grezegorz Kruchowiak, Solid defensive midfielder who has a nack for scoring from outside the box. Came to the club on a free transfer can proably improve further but is not top class by any means.

MC - Bojan Zdravkovic, Quality player who is being chased by some top clubs. I will sell for the right price as there a number of midfielders I am targetting. Expecting him to run the show in Europe this year.

FC - Marco Rutten, Dutch regen not pacey enough for my liking but has just achieved "Wonderkid" status. Expecting a 30 goal season if he stays injury free. The way he finishes just looks great.

FC - Helio Manuel, Another Dutch regen with solid attributes that has started well this season filling in for the injured Gabilondo. I think he will improve as he plays and potentially will be a good partner for Rutten.

FC - Fernando Iturrieta, Argentinian regen with bags of potential genuinely excited following his scouting report. Will look to play him sparingly as he adapts but will expect a lot next year. Hopefully his attributes will improve with training.

FC - Igor Gabilondo, Could become the forgotten man if he had more pace then I think he would be a class act. Will be useful away from home. Needs to stay fit. Would definately sell for the right price.

Finances - Are ok but we are struggling to make enough to improve the infrastructure of the club. The board have invested in youth development but only to a good standard. Just about making a profit each month. Europe helps with this, perhaps with aluck we c ould even make the Champions League.

Aims for the season are:

Qualify for Europe.

Have a good run in the UEFA cup.

Improve the squad.

Beat Real or Barcelona

Dream:

Qualify for the Champions League.

:)

That's a great first season in La liga yabado

Rutten looks like he'll do well. I find that acceleration is more important in the opponent's area. He should be able to outrun technically 'pacier' players over short distances. He looks a good buy.

Benmoussa must be the best player in Sudan's history and Sipovic looks like a top centre back.

Good luck with making the Champions League. I've only looked at a few players, but they look good enough to give you an outside chance of clinching a 4th place finish.

That's a great first season in La liga yabado

Rutten looks like he'll do well. I find that acceleration is more important in the opponent's area. He should be able to outrun technically 'pacier' players over short distances. He looks a good buy.

Benmoussa must be the best player in Sudan's history and Sipovic looks like a top centre back.

Good luck with making the Champions League. I've only looked at a few players, but they look good enough to give you an outside chance of clinching a 4th place finish.

Thanks, but it was my second season in La Liga, just been so long since I played.

Real Oviedo 2015-2016 End of season update.

League Table - We overachieved again (predicted finish = 12th) and managed to consolidate by attaining a UEFA cup place despite finishing a position lower. This was helped by Zaragoza surprisingly winning the Champions League. Our defence was weaker this year and investment is needed in this area if we are to progress further up the table. The highlight of the league campaign was our first win against one of the big two. Especially pleasing is that the goal was scored by Iturrieta (the future of the club?).

We managed to go a step further but were still knocked out by Hamburg in the second knock-out round. The revenue generated has helped yet again. I expect us to at least make the second knock-out round again next season.

Transfers - Amixture of signings for the present and the furure. I am excited about Iturrieta, David and Frolov. David is a left back purchased from Barcelona, I think he will develop into Spanish international. I expect him to back-up Benmoussa next season and push for a starting place the next year. Frolov is a Russian centre back who may weel play next season he will at least have a role from the bench.

Club Info & Finances - The club is growing steadily adding £6m to it's value this season. No improvements were authorised by the board this year. Our financial position is improving and I will be spending all of the budget next season in an effort to add depth and quality to the squad.

The first eleven used this season:

George Forsyth - Conceded more this season but still played well under pressure. Will keep his place for next year. A replacement needs to be purchased for the long term.

Marvin Angulo Borbon - Was poor this year making many errors and bizarre back passes. I will be scouring the world for a replacement this summer as Borbon is becoming a liability.

Mehdi Benmoussa - A mixed first season but will be given another season before concerns set in. Will have to look over his shoulder at a fast improving David.

Pichu Atienza - Was solid but un-exciting and made too many errors to become elite. Will hopefully be replaced over the summer and possibly sold.

Enes Sipovic - Regressed this year and lost value. Will still be a starter next season but must improve.

Cosmin Toba - Still classy on the wing and will start again next season if still at the club. Is becoming unhappy and wants to move to a bigger club. Will get his wish at the right price as Assulin is ready to step in.

Daniel Florea - The Romanian was excellent again this year popping up with important goals. Another with itchy feet and would like a move to a bigger club. We will have to look for an understudy this summer.

Kruchowiak - Was a rock this year and had to make many last ditch tackles as Borbon faltered. A solid player but not going to take us to the top. Will play next year as we don't have enough money for any of the players I am targetting in midfield.

Zdravkovic - A class act that will be difficult to hold onto. Does need to score more goals. Will slell at the right price.

Gabilondo - Igor scored a load this season and surprised me. Hoping to sell for a lot of money as I don't see him fitting in the future. Although would not be unhappy if he is still with the club next season.

Marco Rutten - Becoming a legend fell 2 shy of the desired 30 goal target but was injured 2-3 times this season. I suspect a big club will come calling soon :(. Looking forward to him an Iturrieta forging a partnership.

Objectives for the Summer and next season:

• Add depth to the squad.
  • Tighten up at the back
  • Finish higher in the league
  • Get to the quarters of the UEFA cup.
  • Get another win against the big two.

Dream:

Qualify for the champions league.

:)

Hopefully so feeling a bit bogge down at the moment need some money. When did you start making money?

we always kind of made money, but really began once hit CL places. shoots up from there. before that i tended to try and get a big sale once a season and either bringing in someone else cheap or promoting youth.

hope this helps.

AD Universidad de Oviedo - Segunda Division 2B - Christmas 2016

...Take 8...

Summer needs were DL, ML, AMC and ST. I already had a new GK and a DRC DM/MC coming in to shore up the defence a bit. There were no purchases until the Trial Day but there were some sales. Out went both my back up ST (never stopped moaning about 1st team football) and back up AMC (not really good enough tbh) for £100k each which was good business. With the new GK, one of the other 2 had to go and the 1st to have interest shown in him was the Italian so back home he went for £50k, nice 1 season profit there.

Finally the Trial Day came and a lot of good players were there. I picked and chose what I needed and thankfully no-one else was interested in them. So in came a DRL (similar in ability to my current one), a DLC (much better than the current DL and actually best DC as well) and a backup AMC. An experienced AMRC also came in on a free, could have arrived sooner but I was waiting for the results of the Trial Day. The final purchase, after quite a lot of contractual negociations, was a very good AML/ST, not that far away from Muinos in ability and can cover AML. This meant few players who had been here for years left; DL, DR and ML. I also managed to flog my now 3rd/4th choice DC for £100k.

I then tried to flog by previous DL and Sebastien (one of my 2 fantastic MRs) but nobody offered enough and then I suddenly decided I needed them after all so I gave them new contracts!

So all in all, I can have few complaints about that transfer window. Nobody significant left and some even better players came in. I was pretty confident of a top 4 position (but I had been the same for the previous X seasons...)

We got off to a fantastic start as we conceded within 3 minutes at home to a non-league club in the Cup :rolleyes:. It took until the 2nd half for us to drag it back and we got a victory via 2 new-AMC assisted new-ST goals. Good start for them.

First league match was a tricky one at Eibar. They took the lead, we got a late equaliser. Relatively satisfied with that. We then forgot how to concede goals, 7 league matches, 0 goals against. This run started with a couple of solid victories over midtable sides before Fuenlabrada visited and a stalemate ensued; disappointing on paper but I was happy enough with it as we were down to 10 men for half the match and they did not concede a single goal until the 78th minute of their 8th match. We weren't convincing against newly promoted Langreo but 2 late goals saw them off before 2 more mid-table clubs failed to score against us. All these wins were 1-0 or 2-0, nothing spectacular but the defence was in top form.

We strolled past a good Universidad LP team on TV, 7th goalless match before one of the harder matches of the season awaited; Castilla away. We finally conceded a goal but an own-goal got us back on terms. It looked to be heading towards a draw when a freekick from Futre (the AMRC) rebounded to him; he took it past a couple and arrowed the ball into the bottom corner. We finally scored more than 2 in the next match before the 1st dodgy performance of the season as we chucked away a win at Lanzarote, 2-2. Another goal conceded in the next match as well but we held on against Palencia. An impressive 3-0 away win over a good Alcorcon team was followed by another victory. We were now top :cool:.

Next up was a visit from Sestao. They were champions of 2B1 last season but have been pretty dreadful this season. We looked to be cruising to another 1-0 win when a horrible defensive mixup gifted them an equaliser. No problem said Gutierrez as he drifted past 3 defenders and stroked home a fantastic goal. We finally found a way past Leganés' formation (2 0-1 defeats last season) before 2nd placed Rayo visited. By this stage we were actually 7 points clear as those 4 wins gained us 9 more points than Rayo in the same period. The lead became 10 as a glorious passing move was finished by a 25 yard Bacci curler. We really are playing well. Final game before the break was a visit from relegation threatened Las Palmas B and they were stubborn, very stubborn. It took a change to a 4-1-5 formation (well, 4-1-3-2 to be exact) and an 86th minute penalty to beat them.

So, we are 10 points clear in 1st. Fantastic and much better than I could ever have imagined. And for a change it is not the attack that is making the difference, 6 goals conceded in 18 league matches is pretty impressive. The GK may be better but he has hardly had much to do, it seems to be because of the new fullbacks I got in, both are playing very well. I only made the mildest of mild tweaks to the formation so I can't imagine it is because of that. It is even better considering both my best MC Vidal (again injured :rolleyes:) and my first choice defensive MC have missed most of the season.

We also reached the 3rd round of the cup mainly thanks to the referee. The 3rd round brought our only defeat of the season so far.

Well, it is pretty obvious what I would like to happen; 1st place please. However, even that does not guarantee anything in this division, a playoff against the winners of one of the other 3 divisions would await...

Real Oviedo End of season update 2016-2017

We achieved our highest finish to date 6th and secured a UEFA place again. We missed out in the Uefa cup having a 100% record in the group stage I was confident we could achieve the quarters until we were drawn against Chelsea we were thrashed 3-0 at Stamford Bridge but managed to win 3-1 at home, losing 4-3 on agg. The highlight of the season was beating Barcelona 3-1 at home.

We are struggling to beat the teams around us which is holding us back from pushing for 4th upwards. As rlipscombe has advised I think I need to sell one of my best players to strenthen in other areas. I am scouting well and finding good youth products but all the established players I rate are not interested.

I will post a pre-season update that details the squad. I think this summer is gonna be really important as we try to acquire a couple of players that can push us on,

Good start to the season Ghostwriter I hope you can keep it going :thup:

TaylorB - Barreirense - 2013-14

'Always Look On The Bright Side of Life.'

Predicted: 16th

Actual: 12th

Portuguese Cup: Sixth Round

League Cup: Last in Group E

Early Season.

Pre-season was hectic as scouts were sent all over the world and I checked everywhere I could to find some players that would get me through the first season in the top flight. However, 90% of players didn't want to move to Barrierense. The 10% that did wanted too much in wages for our limited resources or decided to move elsewhere at the last minute. We managed to scrape in a few signings. No big names, or no real improvements to our squad, apart from Edimar the left back. He was a significant improvement at left-back and would hopefully help us survive in Liga Sagres.

Transfers

The League Graph

If I survived this season, I would count it as a success. All the odds were stacked against me, and with little improvement to the squad I was worried. However, after one game I was in second place and things were looking up (:D). It went downhill from there in all senses of the word. We managed to end up surviving in 12th place down to gaining a point or more off each of the teams around us in the table and any extra was a bonus. There was never the real panic about staying up I'd expected but I know we were lucky to win some of the games we did and we won't always have that luck. I was resigned to losing against Benfica, Sporting, Porto, Braga and Maritimo. Despite one positive performance against Benfica early in the season it wasn't worth risking the important players or survival in a game where we didn't stand a chance to put it frankly.

The Cups

The less said about the League Cup the better. Finishing bottom behind Trofonse who eventually got relegated and Gil Vicente. It was tight with us only conceding 2 and scoring 1. The other game a 0-0 draw. We fared better in the Portuguese Cup, waltzing into the sixth round before coming up against a strong Boavista team and narrowly losing 1-0 at home. We really need to improve in the cups next year, and hopefully we might even get past the sixth round.

The 'Barrier'ense to Glory?

Finances:

Cash Injection One, Two, Three.

Continued again:

Three further cash injections were required to keep the finances from plummeting further, that makes it a total of six cash injections since I've been at the club. Hopefully, if we stay in Liga Sagres that should do our finances some good.

Continued further:

The finances aren't getting better despite the investment from the chairman(despite saying there would be no investment into the club.)

Finances 2013/2014.

Hopefully, we can push on up the league now and the finances will improve from there on.

Miscellaneous:

Election Fever | Takeover | Transfer Embargo. (Timing wasn't helpful)

Squad:

*'s indicate players overall performance for the season

* - Top quality

* - Above average

* - Reasonable

* - Disappointing

* - Not good enough

Goalkeepers

Ricardo - Okay, I admit to a bit of a panic buy here. I realised a 'keeper would be needed in order to survive and didn't fully look into the options and just saw a couple of decent stats and signed the lad. He will do however until I can pay for a top 'keeper. *

Brice Krizman - Signed as a back-up to Ricardo incase of injury on a free. Did fairly well when called upon, had the misfortune of having to play against Benfica and Braga in two high-scoring games against far stronger teams. *

Pedro Alves - Not good enough for this level. Wasn't even good enough for Liga Vitalis, but he had one more year on his contract, and it can't help too have a third backup in emergency circumstances *

Defenders:

Tóni (DR) - Considering he was 34 I think he did okay to get 33 apperances from him, although he was slightly below par, he isn't quite good enough to play at this level, his lack of pace meant the right-sided CB had to cover him quite often dragging him out of position too. *

Jérémie Rodrigues (DR) - Another slight panic buy with only Tóni at Right-Back. He performed fairly well when called upon even playing wide right when needed. He also scored the teams goal of the season with a 30+ yard volley into the bottom corner, that alone meant he had a decent season. *

Vitor Hugo (DC) - The captain of my time had an indifferent season, when he was good he was one of the best around, when he bad, he was horrendous. All of this together, ending with a mediocre average rating when he probably deserved a slightly higher rating. *

Moreno (DC) - Played out of position due to fact there was no other CB apart from him and Vitor Hugo. Stats wise, the best player in my team but he couldn't live up to that hype and shine in the team. *

Edimar (DL) - Experienced top-flight attacking full back brought in during the summer to improve our back line and he did that, performing well during the relegationg 6 pointers. Obviously in a team who performed poorly in the league he won't have a good average rating. *

André Madureira (DL) - Another 30+ year old player but has been with the club since the start of the rise up the leagues. Obviously not good to play at this level, but I don't want to let him go. *

Midfielders:

Mauro (MR) - Kept purely because of his performances over previous seasons, knew he wasn't good enough, but my sentimental streak told me to keep him. In the end he had the highest rating at the club (Albeit playing only one game). *

Fabien Dejean (AMRL) - Kept because I wanted to sell rather than just let his contract run down eventually after two years. Didn't play much. Purely because he isn't good enough for this level. *

Katchana (MC) - Ever so reliable in previous campaigns, he finally looked out of his depth at the top level and struggled to make any kind of impact. *

Mohammed Stevens (MC) - Forgot completely why I signed this young dutch kid. Woeful. *

Zezinando (DMC) - After last season's exploits, pressure was on him to perform and he responded to the pressure and put in a terrific season. To be playing in the middle of the park in a struggling team and still average over 7 is terrific. *

Jefferson Montero (AMC) - The only senior international at the club, the Ecuadorian international performed well alongside Zezinando. Playing as the more attack minded midfielder he couldn't offer much as we weren't the most attacking side around in our first season in Liga Sagres. *

Serginho (AMRLC) - In the first team for this season because I couldn't find a better player in time with my limited budget, who would have thought Serginho could produce his best season at the top level, astonishing. *

Gaëtan D'acunto (AML) - Panic buy to play on the left wing incase Serginho was injured. Didn't play in the league. Enough said. *

Strikers:

Javier Etxeberria (ST) - Part one of my talented, youthful striking partnership. Etxeberria was our top scorer with 8 goals, and didn't look out of his depth in Liga Sagres which is vital. Scored some important goals, all coming against teams around us. Also went months without scoring. *

António Caetano (ST) - Part two of my talented, youthful striking partnership. Caetano chipped in with 5 goals and 5 assists and continued his promising partnership with Etxeberria. If I can keep hold of these two for a while; they can be my strike force for the next 5-10 years hopefully. Maybe Etxeberria is a bit more promising that Caetano, but we shall wait and see. *

Aser Pierrick (ST) - Didn't perform when called upon, and then moaned about not playing enough, not what I was looking for from an experienced top level striker. *

Saulo (ST) - Often played on the right wing but his favourite position is upfront. He scored against the less important opposition, the likes of Benfica where it was a consolation goal, but it was a fairly good season for the Brazilian. *

League                               First Phase    Promotion Phase
Second Division Group D              [url="http://i41.tinypic.com/acyf89.jpg"]Second[/url]           [url="http://i41.tinypic.com/1zgw60l.jpg"]Second[/url]
Second Division Group D              [url="http://i40.tinypic.com/rgw2lv.jpg"]First [/url]           [url="http://i40.tinypic.com/2u712lc.jpg"]First[/url]

League           Position         League Cup       Portuguese Cup
Liga Vitalis      [url="http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149/BenjaniT09/?action=view&current=Table.jpg"]10th[/url]            First Round      Fifth Round
Liga Vitalis     [url="http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149/BenjaniT09/Season%204/?action=view&current=LeagueTable.jpg"] 2nd[/url]             First Round      Sixth Round

League         Position      League Cup        Portuguese Cup
Liga Sagres     [url="http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149/BenjaniT09/Season%205/?action=view&current=League.jpg"]12th[/url]         Last - Group E       Sixth Round

Next Season:

Next season will be another struggle, with no transfer budget and I need to get rid of players in order to reduce the wage bill. I'll be once again looking for freebies and hope they can do a job.

Previous Barreirense Reports:

1-'An English Manager At Our Club?'

2-'Glory, Glory Barreirense'.

3-'Forming A "Barrier" In Front Of Relegation'.

4-'No "Barrier" Strong Enough To Stop Promotion Bid.'

5-'Always Look On The Bright Side of Life.'

My next update will be tomorrow night as I've already played the next season and midway through the next. Apologies for the flurry of updates over the next few days.:thup:

2009-2010 Futebol Clube Barreirense (Season 1)

Media Prediction: 1st

Finishing Position: 1st

Portuguese Cup: Lost in 3rd Round to Portosantense in Penalty Shootout

Squad

Transfers

Key Players

Henrique - This guy was my main man in defence. He's young and very solid. He also scored a few headers off corners which was great.

Nuno Rocha - He may be old but he showed his superiority in the league. 9 goals and 7 assists shows how good he was.

Jorge Monteiro - A very solid player. I got him on loan and he kept Pessoa out of the team.

Rabiola - He was my best striker. He ended up top scorer in the league. 16 goals and 8 assists is a great effort from the youngster.

Bernardo Tengarrinha - One of my favourite players in the team. He's very solid in both the defence and in the midfield. He finished the season with 13 assists.

Finances

Finances

Preseason my finances went up a little bit through friendlies with high profile teams. Once the season started my finances went downhill.

Awards

Club Information

Overview

Stadium/Facilities

Affiliations

Goals for next season

• Establish myself in Liga Vitalis
  • Improve on last years showing in the Portuguese Cup
  • Get two more affiliations

Domestic League

[font=Courier New]Season       Team          League                                Finished    Notes
2009-2010    Barreirense   Portuguese Second Division Group D    [url="http://imgboot.com/images/Chelsea4Lyf/picture19.png"]1st[/url]         Promotion[/font]

AD Universidad de Oviedo - Segunda Division 2B - Christmas 2016... However, even that does not guarantee anything in this division, a playoff against the winners of one of the other 3 divisions would await...

Good luck Ghostwriter, I wasn't a fan of the playoffs either.

Am I allowed to sign someone that I can't scout but my assistant has recommended in the team report?

This is ok.

Real S.D. Alcalá - Spanish LIGA BBVA 2023/24

Transfers - We're a selling club it seems.

Europe

European Super Cup - Winners

Club World Championship - Winners | Final

Champions League - Winners | Final

Spanish LIGA BBVA

Predicted: 2nd | Final Position: Winners | Graph

Spanish Cup - Winners | Final

Spanish Super Cup - Runner-Up

Other News

Finances

Rich List - 3rd (381m)

Club Records

Awards

Spanish Young Player of the Year - 1st Braulio Ortega* | 3rd Mario Fioravanti

Champions League Best Player - Clean Sweep: 1st Carlos Suárez Rodríguez | 2nd Mario Fioravanti | 3rd Luis Fernando Pato

Stars

Most Tackles: Roberto Vicente* (DC) - 6.39 per game.

Most Assists: Braulio Ortega* (MC) - 22

Most Goals: Carlos Suárez Rodríguez (ST) - 27

Most MoM: Carlos Suárez Rodríguez (ST) - 8

Highest Avg Rating: Axier Oliazola (DC) - 7.28

Youth Watch

Summer 2010 - Juan Antonio Álvarez (ST) | Initial Profile | Current Profile - Good season when called upon. Scored his 200th goal for the club in February.

Summer 2012 - Leandro Gutiérrez (MC) - Sold, now playing for Sunderland.

Summer 2015 - Luis Manuel (ST) - Sold, now playing for Racing.

Summer 2018 - Alfredo (AMC) | - Sold, now playing for Spartak Moscow.

Summer 2019 - Braulio Ortega (MC) | Initial Profile | Current Profile - Another fantastic season as he created 22 goals. Won the Spanish Young Player of the Year award for the 2nd time.

Summer 2019 - Javier Aranguren (ST) - Poor season and declining attributes, sold to Aston Villa for £3.5m.

Summer 2020 - Roberto Vicente (DC) | Initial Profile | Current Profile - Fabulous season.

Summer 2020 - Victor Palacios (DL) - Sold, now playing for Espanyol.

Summer 2020 - Juan José Rodríguez Contreras (DL) | Initial Profile | Current Profile - Played well whenever called upon.

Summer 2021 - José Ignacio Marqués (MC) | Initial Profile | Current Profile - Limited appearances but did well when he did play.

Summer 2022 - Jorge (MC) | Initial Profile | Current Profile - Ridiculous season for the U-19's as he scored 35 goals in 34 appearances from midfield. First team next year to see how he fares.

Summer 2023 - Jorge (GK) | Initial Profile | Current Profile - Did ok for the U-19's. Capped at U-19 level as well.

Summer 2023 - Miguel Ángel Matilla (MR) | Initial Profile | Current Profile - Good season on loan at Girona in the 3rd tier of Spanish football.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

European Co-efficients

Real S.D. Alcalá - 168.926 (1st no change)

Real S.D. Alcalá Trophy Room

Champions League x 3 - 2020/21, 2022/23, 2023/24

LIGA BBVA x 4 - 2019/20, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24

UEFA Cup - 2018/19

Club World Championship x 2 - 2021, 2023

European Super Cup x 2 - 2021, 2023

Spanish Cup x 3 - 2020/21, 2022/23, 2023/24

Spanish Super Cup x 2 - 2020, 2022

Second Division B1 x 2 - 2011/12, 2012/13

Career History

Season   League              Pos.   Cup         Europe         Achievements
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
2009/10  Second Division B1  7th    N/A         N/A            None
2010/11  Second Division B1  2nd    1st Rnd     N/A            None
2011/12  Second Division B1  1st    4th Rnd     N/A            Second Division B1 Champions
2012/13  Second Division B1  1st    2nd Rnd     N/A            Second Division B1 Champions, Promoted
2013/14  LIGA adelante       7th    2nd Rnd     N/A            None
2014/15  LIGA adelante       2nd    Qtr-Final   N/A            Promotion
2015/16  LIGA BBVA           10th   5th Rnd     N/A            None
2016/17  LIGA BBVA           4th    Semi-Final  N/A            None
2017/18  LIGA BBVA           4th    Qtr-Final   CL Qtr-Final   None
2018/19  LIGA BBVA           2nd    Semi-Final  CL Group 3rd   UEFA Cup Winners
                                               UEFA Cup Winner
2019/20  LIGA BBVA           1st    Qtr-Final   CL Semi-Final  Champions
2020/21  LIGA BBVA           2nd    Winners     CL Winners     Champions League Winners, 
                                                              Spanish Cup Winners 
          *************** Challenge Completed *****************
2021/22  LIGA BBVA           1st    Semi-Final  CL Semi-Final  Champions, Euro. Super Cup Winners, 
                                                              Club World Champions
2022/23  LIGA BBVA           1st    Winners     CL Winners     CL Winners, Champions, Spanish Cup         
2023/24  LIGA BBVA           1st    Winners     CL Winners     CL Winners, Champions, Club World Champions,
                                                              Euro. Super Cup Winners, Spanish Cup                                           

Next Season...

Keep developing our youth players..retain as many titles as possible.

Huge congratulations LLR! Looking forward to the update with baited breath. Hopefully I'll finally have the internet in my new flat up and running tomorrow so will be able to read it at leisure.

Des Tiny's Keeping the Fafe

Liga Sagres 2027/28

End of Season Update

We Are the Champions

Part I: The Season

Summary

Predicted: 3rd

Actual: 1st

Title Odds: 8-1 (4th)

League Cup: 3rd Round: 4th

Portuguese Cup: Quarter-Final

Champs League: Group Stage: 3rd

European Cup: 2nd Knockout - 1st Leg | 2nd Leg

European Rank: 9th (7th) (1st in POR)

Finances: 2nd - 92M (POR, 19th in World)

Season Tickets: 2808

In General

The season needed to be solid, I bought in a large number of players early and sold a fair few as well, with transfers topping 30m in both directions. The changes seemed to make differences throughout the club though as our team was showing reat performance, which led to a lift in the finances and the taking of monthly awards spread through the whole season, we even were voted as the 3rd Most Improved Club. While player awards in PoM October, Stock 2nd, PoM November, Maradona and a white wash in PoM February, Maradona, Richard, Matic. While Des Tiny managed to win MoM September, MoM December, MoM February, and MoM April. A brilliant showing from the boys.

The League

The summing up of the season is that we are the Champions and the fans and the board agree that I was the main reason for this result and will continue to lead the club into the future.

Really the season started well in the league and continued that way, we were unbeaten until December when we were smashed 6:1 by Sporting who then knocked us back to a tie from 5 points clear after we also drew in the run to halfway. As the end of the season got closer we were brilliant through January and February only to once again fall apart as we lost to Porto & Benfica in March to drop to 2 points behind Sporting and knowing that we had them at home in the penultimate round and that this would decide the title given no further hiccups by either side. The final game against them resulted in us being victorious 4:1 and taking a single point lead into the final game, we won that match and Tiny was seen to be dancing up and down the sidelines in complete and utter joy.

The Cups

Extremely disappointed, I lost in another ridiculous group in the League Cup, but I miffed it when I lost to Academica at the beginning of the competition and this left me with no chance to take the title. Sporting and Benfica both defeated me leaving me last with no points. Then in the Portuguese Cup I had a great run until I again met one of the big four (Yes I said Big Four) and then I got knocked out once more.

The Big Four: As of this season I have decided we have a clear top 4 now as with my move into the top three in the last three seasons (2nd, 3rd, 1st) there has been a changing of the guard, my first season up Sporting came 4th, the next season it was Benfica, and this season Porto Stumbled to come 5th.

Europe

Well Europe was rather interesting this season. being drawn in a group with Roma and Ajax even though I was seeded first was just cruel, and I was unable to overcome them, but twin defeats of the Romanian Champions led us to third and into the Euro Cup knockout rounds. Hopefully I can get a better draw in the new season and get into the Champions League knockout stages instead as this is the true target of my competition as it really has to be. In the knockout stages I defeated Partizan of Serbia in the first round and then slumped disappointingly to At Madrid in the 2nd round, was very disappointed with this. Europe has been a constant disappointment for me, this was again caused by injuries or suspensions forcing out two centre backs in the most important game. I need to fix the problem and I think rotation is going to have to play a larger part in the new year as I really have multiple players for each position now.

The Youth Team

The Season

The Under-19s performed admirably all season long, but they would have to be disappointed to only achieve runner-up status in both the league and the cup, even though they thrashed several teams along the way and really should've been on the top step in at least one competition.

Youth Stars

Emiliano - He definitely showed in the youth squad the sort of potential he has, but will be interesting in the new season if he can battle for a place in the senior squad.

Monteiro - Left wing and striker, he is solid if unspectacular. Will never make the step-up will probably be farmed to somewhere in Portugal.

Marcio - At almost a goal per game this season he has been ripping up across the board, he will be hoping he can step up, but it is unlikely.

vs The Big Three

Past Victories

13/01/16 at Porto 2:1 (LC)  25/09/16 vs Sporting 1:0 (LS)  [url="http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1043/fafevbenfica2.png"]21/04/24 vs Benfica 1:0 (LS)[/url]
19/02/23 vs Porto 1:0 (LS)  30/01/22 vs Sporting 1:0 (LS)  [url="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9251/fafevbenfica.png"]25/08/24 vs Benfica 3:2 (LS)[/url]
08/03/23 vs Porto 2:2p (PC) [url="http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5955/fafevsportingcp.png"]20/04/25 vs Sporting 2:1 (LS)[/url]  [url="http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9251/fafevbenfica.png"]21/11/27 vs Benfica 2:0 (LS)[/url]
03/12/23 vs Porto 3:0 (LS)  [url="http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5955/fafevsportingcp.png"]21/12/25 vs Sporting 3:2 (LS)[/url]
[url="http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/743/portovfafe.png"]14/02/26 at Porto 3:0 (LS)[/url]  [url="http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2156/sportingcpvfafe.png"]24/05/26 at Sporting 1:0 (LS)[/url]
[url="http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6680/fafevporto.png"]09/10/27 vs Porto 3:1 (LS)[/url]  [url="http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5955/fafevsportingcp.png"]26/09/26 vs Sporting 2:0 (LS)[/url]
                           [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5955/fafevsportingcp.png"]20/05/28 vs Sporting 3:1 (LS)[/url]

This Season

[url="http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6680/fafevporto.png"]09/10/27 vs Porto 3:1 (LS)[/url]  [url="http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2156/sportingcpvfafe.png"]18/12/27 at Sporting 1:6 (LS)[/url]  [url="http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9251/fafevbenfica.png"]21/11/27 vs Benfica 2:0 (LS)[/url]
[url="http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/743/portovfafe.png"]08/03/28 at Porto 2:3 (PC)[/url]  [url="http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9544/sportingcpvfafe2.png"]12/01/28 at Sporting 1:3 (LC)[/url]  [url="http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1043/fafevbenfica2.png"]19/01/28 vs Benfica 0:1 (LC)[/url]
[url="http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7749/portovfafe3.png"]19/03/28 at Porto 0:4 (LS)[/url]  [url="http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5955/fafevsportingcp.png"]20/05/28 vs Sporting 3:1 (LS)[/url]  [url="http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7716/benficavfafe.png"]01/04/28 at Benfica 0:2 (LS)[/url]

Record: 3-0-6 (12-21) [9pts]

Around the Traps

World Club: Bayern

Euro Super Cup: Bayern

Champs League: Barcelona

Euro Cup: AC Milan

Liga Sagres: AD Fafe

Liga Vitalis: Belenenses

2nd Division: Espinho

Portuguese Cup: Vit. Guimaraes

League Cup: Benfica

Super Cup: Benfica

Gold Cup: Mexico

Asian Cup: Iran

U20 World Cup: Czech Rep

ACoN: Ivory Coast

ONC: New Zealand

Copa America: Brazil

Part II: The History

Associação Desportiva de Fafe Club History

The Competitions

|----------|-----------|-----------------|---------------------|
| Season | Division | First Phase Pos | Promotion Phase Pos |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2119704&postcount=151"]2009/10[/url] | 2nd A | [url="http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7781/2009101st.png"]4th[/url] | [url="http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8661/200910pro.png"]2nd[/url] |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2128016&postcount=176"]2010/11[/url] | 2nd A | [url="http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5898/2010111st.png"]3rd[/url] | [url="http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4011/201011pro.png"]4th[/url] |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2163535&postcount=274"]2011/12[/url] | 2nd A | [url="http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9030/2011121st.png"]1st[/url] | [url="http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7632/201112pro.png"]2nd[/url] | Champions
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2266801&postcount=582"]2012/13[/url] | 2nd A | [url="http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/569/2012131st.png"]1st[/url] | [url="http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6647/201213pro.png"]1st[/url] | Champions & Promotion
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2337396&postcount=891"]2013/14[/url] | Vitalis | [url="http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2931/201314.png"]5th[/url] | N/A |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2360414&postcount=996"]2014/15[/url] | Vitalis | [url="http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2622/201415.png"]1st[/url] | N/A | Champions & Promotion
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2373772&postcount=1032"]2015/16[/url] | Sagres | [url="http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4926/201516.png"]13th[/url] | N/A |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2394792&postcount=1139"]2016/17[/url] | Sagres | [url="http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8968/201617.png"]8th[/url] | N/A | EC via Sporting Play
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2420817&postcount=1217"]2017/18[/url] | Sagres | [url="http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5683/201718.png"]8th[/url] | N/A |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2459304&postcount=1334"]2018/19[/url] | Sagres | [url="http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5983/201819.png"]4th[/url] | N/A | EC via League
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3252051&postcount=3914"]2019/20[/url] | Sagres | [url="http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/301/ligasagres.png"]5th[/url] | N/A | EC via League
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3292188&postcount=4083"]2020/21[/url] | Sagres | [url="http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/301/ligasagres.png"]8th[/url] | N/A |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3302887&postcount=4170"]2021/22[/url] | Sagres | [url="http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/133/ligasagres3.png"]4th[/url] | N/A | EC via League
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3343231&postcount=4379"]2022/23[/url] | Sagres | [url="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8213/ligasagres11.png"]4th[/url] | N/A | EC via League,
| | | | | [b][url="http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1586/fafevvitguimares.png"]Portuguese Cup[/url][/b]
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3379616&postcount=4628"]2023/24[/url] | Sagres | [url="http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/301/ligasagres.png"]4th[/url] | N/A | EC via League
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3411019&postcount=4832"]2024/25[/url] | Sagres | [url="http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4438/ligasagresz.png"]4th[/url] | N/A | EC via League
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3672801&postcount=5453"]2025/26[/url] | Sagres | [url="http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8213/ligasagres11.png"]2nd[/url] | N/A | CL via League
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3724200&postcount=5506"]2026/27[/url] | Sagres | [url="http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/339/ligasagreso.png"]3rd[/url] | N/A | CL via League
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3807275&postcount=5594"]2027/28[/url] | Sagres | [url="http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7107/ligasagres10.png"]1st[/url] | [url="http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7107/ligasagres10.png"]Champions[/url] | CL via League

Home and Away Records in Liga Sagres

|----------|------------|------------|---------------|
| Season | Home Rec | Away Rec | Overall Rec |
| 2015/16 | 04-04-07 | 02-04-09 | 06-08-16 |
| 2016/17 | 07-03-05 | 04-03-08 | 11-06-13 |
| 2017/18 | 07-03-05 | 03-03-09 | 10-06-14 |
| 2018/19 | 09-02-04 | 08-04-03 | 17-06-07 |
| 2019/20 | 10-02-03 | 03-03-09 | 13-05-12 |
| 2020/21 | 10-02-03 | 02-04-09 | 12-06-12 |
| 2021/22 | 11-02-02 | 07-04-04 | 18-06-06 |
| 2022/23 | 11-01-03 | 08-02-05 | 19-03-08 |
| 2023/24 | 12-00-03 | 05-07-03 | 17-07-06 |
| 2024/25 | 11-04-00 | 06-04-05 | 17-08-05 |
| 2025/26 | 13-01-01 | 09-02-04 | 22-03-05 |
| 2026/27 | 09-05-01 | 08-02-05 | 17-07-06 |
| 2027/28 | 14-01-00 | 10-02-03 | 24-03-03 |

Home and Away Goals in Liga Sagres

| Season | Home Goals | Away Goals | Overall Goals |
| 2015/16 | 17-20 | 15-27 | 32-47 |
| 2016/17 | 23-18 | 18-27 | 41-45 |
| 2017/18 | 23-21 | 13-27 | 36-48 |
| 2018/19 | 30-26 | 31-18 | 61-44 |
| 2019/20 | 31-16 | 20-30 | 51-46 |
| 2020/21 | 25-13 | 15-29 | 40-42 |
| 2021/22 | 34-11 | 33-25 | 67-36 |
| 2022/23 | 26-05 | 26-22 | 52-27 |
| 2023/24 | 32-09 | 23-19 | 55-28 |
| 2024/25 | 32-08 | 31-21 | 63-29 |
| 2025/26 | 41-14 | 28-16 | 69-30 |
| 2026/27 | 34-12 | 26-19 | 60-31 |
| 2027/28 | 44-08 | 32-18 | 76-26 |

Club Records: As we recorded our highest ever league finish, we also saw our first 1/4 million gate takings and our highest ever transfer income (not updated to 38m), and we also spent more (38m). The highest average rating is our longest standing record, while some other tough ones to beat include 8 games without conceding and 20 without losing.

Competition History - A steady rise through the divisions sees our trophy cabinet holding the following: Liga Sagres 2028, Liga Vitalis 2015, 2nd Div A 2012, 2013, Portuguese Cup 2023, The U19s Group 2 2020, 2024, 2025, 2027 and U19s Cup 2024, 2027. As well as a fair share of runner-ups and podium finishes.

Eurotrip

euromap.png

[color=Black][b][color=RoyalBlue][i]2017/18                    2019/20               2020/21[/i][/color][/b]
Marijampole, Lithuania     Maribor, Slovenia     Gyor, Hungary
Gyor, Hungary              Elbasan, Albania      Szekesfehervar, Hungary
Cork, Ireland              Liege, Belgium        Montbeliard, France
Milan, Italy                                     Copenhagen, Denmark
                                                Basel, Switzerland
                                                Paisley, Scotland

[color=RoyalBlue][i][b]2022/23                    2023/24               2024/25[/b][/i][/color]
Trondheim, Norway          Sofia, Bulgaria       Tallinn, Estonia
Salonika, Greece           Lovech, Bulgaria      Basel, Switzerland
Amsterdam, Holland         Tampere, Finland      Salzburg, Austria
Leverkusen, Germany        Bergamo, Italy        Jerusalem, Israel
Le Mans, France            Athens, Greece        Rome, Italy
Palma de Mallorca, Spain   Eindhoven, Holland    Donetsk, Ukraine
Florence, Italy            Manchester, England   Glasgow, Scotland

[color=RoyalBlue][i][b]2025/26                    2026/27               2027/28[/b][/i][/color]
Arnhem, Holland            Dortmund, Germany     Barcelona, Spain
Zurich, Switzerland        Moscow, Russia        Timisoara, Romania
Haifa, Israel              Barcelona, Spain      Rome, Italy
Teplice, Czech Rep.        Rotterdam, Holland    Amsterdam, Holland
Genova, Italy              Madrid, Spain         Belgrade, Serbia
Sevilla, Spain             Belgrade, Serbia      Madrid, Spain
Lyonnais, France[/color][color=Sienna][color=Navy][color=Black]
[/color][/color][/color]

Part III: The Players

Associação Desportiva de Fafe Players

Radakovic's Season

A hugely disappointing start to the season saw him drop to the bench behind Maradona & Fernando, and then in January the aquisition of Richard saw him disappear from the bench as well. At 32 he is really struggling and he is now demanding some first team footie, so I may try to send him on loan next season or just sell him on (first option is preferable).

This Season

0 League Goals in 11 Games (27)

2 Goals in 18 Games Overall (41)

Career

155 League Goals in 267 Games

239 Goals in 413 Games

The Awards

Liga Sagres

Golden Boot: Diego Maradona with 18 Goals.

Most Man of Match: Sinisa Matic with 8 MoMs.

Forward of the Year: Diego Maradona

Manager of the Year: Des Tiny with double the points of his closest opponent.

Player of the Year: Sinisa Matic came 2nd.

Young PoY: Iranilson came 2nd.

Fullback of the Year: Paulo Sergio came 3rd.

Centre Back of the Year: Joaquim Novais came 3rd.

Team of the Year: Three Players: Diego Maradona (ST), Sinisa Matic (MR) & Rene Stock (DC).

Liga Vitalis

Young PoY: Alejo

European Champions League

Golden Boot: Diego Maradona came 2nd with 6 goals.

Most MoM: Diego Maradona came 2nd with 3 MoMs.

The Fafeful

Fans Player of the Year: Diego Maradona

Best XI: Barrero, Benard, Sergio, Novais, Stock, Matic, Lung, Iranilson, Fernando Blanco, Fernando, Maradona.

Subs: Demchenko, Richard, Silva, Batista, Radakovic, Marcelo, Schilder.

Overall XI: Gresovnik, Benard, Pantovic, Juan, Mendes, Crawford, Di Giuseppe, Tiago, Rocha, Maradona, Radakovic.

Subs: Carrasso, Tarasenko, Matic, Shala, Marcel, Sergio, Garcia

Where are they now?

AD Fafe - Benard, Maradona, Radakovic, Matic, Sergio.

Other Clubs - Gresovnik (Dortmund), Pantovic (Chelsea), Juan (At. Madrid), Mendes (Mallorca), Crawford (Roma), Di Giuseppe (Udinese), Tiago (At. Madrid), Rocha (AC Milan), Tarasenko (Villareal), Shala (Maritimo), Marcel (Sao Paulo).

Retired - Carrasso, Garcia.

The Squad

The Current squads season stats & all time stats.

Goalkeepers

Jose Antonio Barrero - A solid season, I was a bit disappointed, and looking at his overall stats I can really see why, he is completely useless and allowing more than one goal per game. I will definitely be hoping for better, maybe I need a real replacement.

Apps   Conc  Clean  MoM  AvgRat
This Season   42     55    18     0    6.80
Fafe Career  134    143    54     0    6.81

Artem Demchenko - He actually now looks like the better keeper of the two already, in all the games he conceded he only let in one goal and three clean sheets. I think i will promote him right away at the tender age of 19.

This Season    7      4     3     0    6.89
Fafe Career    7      4     3     0    6.89

Ivan Jaramillo - And he is just a disaster, not worth what I paid for him and not improving, he may just have to be sold, if possible to one of my feeder clubs, but I have no idea who will take him.

[i]This Season   20     21     8     1    6.59 on loan at Beira-Mar[/i]
Fafe Career    1      3     0     0    6.60

Defense

Right Back

26. Pablo Benard - The number one right back in the club, the only first XI outfield player this season to not score a goal. It is clear that this guy is going to be solid and unbeatable in his position for a fair few more years to come. At twenty-two and already a leading fullback we need to just keep his contract (currently til 2031) ticking over and hope he loves the club.

Apps   Goals  Assts  MoM  AvgRat
This Season    45(1)    0     13     0    7.02
Fafe Career   123(4)    1     34     1    7.03

64. Srecko Podgorelac - The number one back-up, he is young and able to get better, hopefully he can get enough starts once I start a slightly more rotation policy and see how it goes.

This Season     2 (7)   0      1     0    6.81
Fafe Career     6(11)   0      2     0    6.73

74. Stefan Foda - He has become barely even third in the queue, expect to see his contract up for grabs in the next season as we possibly look to either replace him or to just sell him on for a bit more money in the bank.

This Season     1 (4)   0      0     0    6.38
Fafe Career     6 (8)   0      0     0    6.67

Left Back

62. Paulo Sergio - As the third best fullback in the league he has continued his record in other seasons and shown how good he really is. With both the fullbacks strong and young, Sergio is only twenty-two as well. If he can be kept in the position he is, then Fafe will have the starting of a great back line for many years to come.

This Season    42 (0)   2     10     2    7.08
Fafe Career   141(21)   4     37     3    6.99

46. Sandro Magnani - The 18 year old Italian is the next big thing here, he is being trained to replace Sergio in the future, a reasonable start in his first season for the club, will either go on loan next season to build a bit, or he will get into a rotation policy.

This Season     5 (6)   0      0     0    6.77
Fafe Career     5 (6)   0      0     0    6.77

07. Mohamed Yakubu - He has become cover across the board and not much more, a disappointing few games saw him get dropped from the team and he never really fought back in.

This Season     3 (4)   0      0     0    6.50
Fafe Career    15(24)   0      2     0    6.74

Centre Back

41. Joaquim Novais - A former player, he left two years ago after demanding first team football, maybe I should've listened. He blossomed at Dinamo Kiev and has now returned as an absolute star in the backline. At only 23 surely he can support the centre from here on in. Looks like a great prospect.

This Season    46 (0)   8      0     1    7.06
Fafe Career    52(12)   8      0     1    6.95

43. Rene Stock - With the departure of the top two centre backs it was going to be up to Stock to solidfy the backline. The youngest member at only 21 years old, the German had taken a while to settle into the club, but once he did he has just taken the club by storm and is slowly building into a solid defender. With him joining the other three in the starting backline we cannot dispute the strength, but can Tiny keep them together?

This Season    38 (0)   9      3     4    7.13
Fafe Career    71 (3)  10      4     4    7.06

42. Marcelo - The young defender has seen himself passed over for a starting position and has instead played a minor back-up role, unlikely to make it into the top line, but he will probably stick around.

This Season     8 (3)   3      0     1    6.76
Fafe Career     9 (4)   3      0     1    6.76

31. Gordon Henderson - The young Scot has come in to be the back-up for the big boys, but he has spent most of this season in the youth side. I would be looking to see him become the number one reserve in 2028/29 or he will move on loan to the Liga Vitalis.

This Season     3 (2)   0      0     0    6.70
Fafe Career     3 (2)   0      0     0    6.70

73. Emiliano - This young player will most likely battle through rotation with Henderson, or there is the option of sticking with Marcelo as the number one sub and sending these two as a unit elsewhere to ply their trade for a season.

This Season     3 (0)   0      0     0    7.07
Fafe Career     3 (0)   0      0     0    7.07

Midfield

Right Wings

51. Sinisa Matic - The Right Winger is one of the stars of this current Fafe squad, at 25 he is also one of the older first teamers he is showing his leadership. Happily he signed a new contract this season and has extended out to 2032, this means he would be 29 at the end of this contract. Scoring and providing goals, no one even comes close to his effort.

This Season    41 (1)  16     12    10    7.35
Fafe Career   127 (4)  31     39    18    7.23

13. Jonathan Castillo - The young right winger is one of two battling to be Matic's back-up. Knowing that he is unlikely to break into the top team is holding him back slightly, but he is hoping to improve enough that he is given a shot.

This Season     4(16)   0      0     0    6.50
Fafe Career     8(28)   0      2     0    6.63

37. Gustavo - The newest of the wing corps, he has come in to become the future, and he showed himself to be a star with a solid start to his career in the team. If he continues the way he is going he will be the clear as the next man behind the Matic. Given that he can cover the left as well is his major advantage.

This Season     2(11)   0      0     0    6.75
Fafe Career     2(11)   0      0     0    6.75

Left Wings

81. Nicusor Lung - He has taken over after the sale of Tiago to At. Madrid, and clearly shown that he can perform at this level. A hugely sucessful season for the 18 year old has seen him seal his spot in the starting line-up. He was involved in everything and has many bright years ahead.

This Season    39 (3)   5     12     1    7.04
Fafe Career    57(22)   8     16     2    7.01

20. Silva - Lung's back-up will be disappointed to have not been elected as the starter, he is the same age, but his skill is just not in the same league as shown by the huge difference in their statistics, but he will receive a fair few replacement games as Lung has stamina problems.

This Season     7(32)   1      3     0    6.75
Fafe Career     7(32)   1      3     0    6.75

Centre Mids

71. Iranilson - The 19 year old made a step up to be a team leader in the midfield, with his ability at taking corners and free kicks being an important part of the team he became the number 1 choice in the midfield and repaid Tiny with a great season as well.

This Season    39 (2)   4     16     2    7.02
Fafe Career    42 (7)   4     16     2    6.97

38. Mauro Batista - His low average rating seems more related to playing at attacking Mid than anything else, it seems unless he scores or gets an assist he gets a poor rating. Though still he had an extremely poor run in the middle of the season, an never really recovered. Hopefully he can pick it up and improve in the future as he is only 21.

This Season    37 (4)   5     10     1    6.60
Fafe Career    88(42)  15     32     4    6.59

00. Alejo - He had a solid season in the Liga Vitalis, but it would be interesting to see him in the top league and see whether he can make it for us.

[i]This Season    24 (1)   4      6     2    7.00 on loan at Beira-Mar[/i]
Fafe Career    10 (7)   1      0     0    6.82

18. Fernando Blanco - The midfield Fernando had a solid if unspectacular season, now the decision is going to be who lines up alongside Iranilson in the next season, there are three real contenders and any of them could take the slot, it may result in a solid rotation policy to keep them all happy.

This Season    18(13)   3      4     0    6.84
Fafe Career    24(16)   3      5     0    6.80

48. Michael Schimmel - The youth player, he is looking on his way towards the future and hopes to compete for a rotation slot in the next season, it is going to be tight. According to my coaches he has improved to a similar level to Fernando, I am unbelieving, but if he proves it on the park he will play.

This Season     6 (1)   1      0     0    6.97
Fafe Career     6 (1)   1      0     0    6.97

21. Yuri Carli - The last of the lot, he got a single game cause of injury, but thats about all. Just not of a good enough standard.

This Season     0 (1)   0      0     0    6.60
Fafe Career     0 (1)   0      0     0    6.60

Strikers

10. Diego Maradona - The hand of God, now it was Matic not Maradona that was suspected of handballing the goal this season, but Maradona took charge at the goalscoring end with greater than 1 in 2. He showed that there is a future at Fafe after Radakovic. At only 25 he has a few years ahead of him as well. He is now captaining the squad and is revelling in this role.

This Season    43 (0)  28     10     8    7.30
Fafe Career   190(29) 108     39    30    7.12

27. Richard - Well he didn't come into the side until January, but he stepped in and showed a great temprement. he had a couple of small injuries, but was a lot more consistent than the rest of them and has therefore moved into the starting slot alongside Maradona. Brazil and Argentina working together and he is also young compared to other strikers around.

This Season    17 (0)   8      4     0    7.07
Fafe Career    17 (0)   8      4     0    7.07

69. Fernando - He knocked Radakovic off the starters gun, but then he also got pushed backwards as someone slightly better came in midseason and took control upfront. He is still very young and a solid choice for the future. Watch for his increasing involvement in years to come.

This Season    26 (5)  14      3     1    6.88
Fafe Career    33 (8)  15      4     1    6.86

01. Aleksander Radakovic - The former king of Fafe has had a poor season and is likely to be out of the contest for the future, he may get a few more appearances to just see if he can crack 250 goals for his career, but with a young Maradona catching up it could be interesting to see the top goalscorer in the future.

This Season    11 (7)   2      1     0    6.58
Fafe Career   393(18) 239     81    70    7.14

11. Nick Schilder - He is clearly the worst of our top line strikers, but may just stay around as cover for th big boys.

This Season     1 (4)   1      1     0    6.84
Fafe Career     9(13)  13      3     2    6.69

Associação Desportiva de Fafe Players History

The Best of the Best

19585099.png

The 100 Club

100club.png

Aleksandar Radakovic, Mykola Tarasenko, Miguel Mendes, Arturo Di Giuseppe, Darius Pantovic, Pedro Rocha, Marcel, David Moreno!!, Jonathan!!, Tiago Rodrigues, Kipulo, Tom Crawford, Hector Garcia!!, Tom Erik Shala, Josu Esnaola, Lisandro Juan, Ruben, Manuel Monasterio, Paulo Alexio, Tiago, Paulo Ricardo, Nicolas Aguero, Marciano Janssen, Leonid Kiselev, Francisco Costa, Ernesto, Diego Maradona, John Astrup, Jose Lima Pereira, Paulo Sergio, Mauro Batista, Pablo Benard, Sinisa Matic.

Part IV: The Future

The Young Guns

Gary Carr (AML) - He is an extremely poor left winger, but he is the current New Zealand Captain at only 18, and has made 14 starts for the national side, so he deserved a mention.

Fernando Blanco (MC) - He is supposedly the next Xavi, now I really don't think he is that good, but if the media want to say that then he will clearly be a star of the future at AD Fafe. I like him as a player and he will feature more in 28/29.

Iranilson (MC) - The other young player who is going to lead my midfield from now onwards, he is not even listed as a future star, but I pick him as such and therefore he is my number one player for the future.

Nicusor Lung (AML) - The Wonderkid, yes you heard me he is listed as such, looks like he is going to be a star of the side for a very, very long time. I cannot see my squad doing anything but flourishing with Lung playing on the left wing.

Silva (AML) - Touted as the next Ze Roberto, Another unlikely comparison, especially so when he won't develop because he has a wonderkid in the position infront of him. He was also supposedly the Worst Signing of the Liga Sagres.

The Club

Well from here into the Liga Sagres for our 20th season, and the Champions League on the 40th anniversary of our famous draw against Porto. We have seen a huge turnaround at the club in the 20th season with Des Tiny in charge. The targets from here have to be a defense of our league title, and hopefully the claiming of a Champions League. I hope to pull it off this season, but it may take a couple of goes at it. Financially we are more than secure, we have a huge budget and money to throw around, but having brought together a team where the oldest member of the starting eleven is only 26 there are a fair few more years in our domination if we continue to improve. According to all reports the weak point of my team is Fernando Blanco (aka Next Xavi), or Goalkeeper, where I have the future star Demchenko stepping up to takeover and run the backline from here.

The Squad

I am planning to make very few changes over this season, I want to try and see what i can do with the team I have, the only likely changes will be bringing in some younger stars who can be better than what I currently have on the bench, and try to give them some exposure to the starting team.

Thanks Everyone for the votes of confidence, its good to see that the support in this thread is still strong, I back with a vengence on this save, and I must say the young squad I have is clearly a delight, now I need to actually do something in Europe to complete the challenge, will be interesting to see how I go from here. Hope you all enjoy the Update :)

TaylorB - Barreirense - 2014-15

'Two Steps Forward, Massive Slide Back.'

Predicted: 14th

Actual: 12th

Portuguese Cup: Fourth Round

League Cup: Third Round

Early Season.

With my over-confidence I've finding players, I let some backup and fringe players go on a free instead of renewing their contract. I also allowed Brice Krizman, to move for £125k to Vitória Guimarães. I soon realised my mistake as the end of July approached and our first pre-season game against Rangers was being played (a 3-2 loss), and I hadn't signed a player for a fortnight, and it didn't look likely. Despite hours of trying to look for suitable players the deadline passed with only 5 players joining, 4 attacking players and a fringe centre-back. I was trying to find the perfect player when realistically I should have been looking for players that could do a job for me and move me up the table.

Transfers

The League Graph

The season started brightly with a 2-1 away win at Leiria, who finished one place above us last season. Again, much the same as last season we faded after that, and went on a run off 6 straight losses, leaving us bottom of the table after 7 games. A run of three victories and two draws in January moved us out of the relegation spots. Another run of three victories, including a memorable 1-0 home victory against Braga, meant that we pulled away from relegation and didn't turn back. A satisfying season in all, but I can't see the progression from last season. If anything, we were slightly worse.

I admit, that I may be hampering the team's chances by not building a team yet, because I like to sign regens, rather sign existing players. This means I never sign players for the long-term unless they're a regen. Whether this will work is something I'll have to wait and see.

The Cups

The Portuguese Cup was a shambles. I was hoping for a cup run and with Benfica going out in the Fourth Round, I thought we had a chance. We faced Liga Vitalis side Varzim in the Fourth Round and somehow managed to lose 1-0 despite dominating the game. How many shots did Varzim have in the game? Two.

In the League Cup we progressed comfortably from Group A, winning both our games 2-0 against Vizela and Gil Vicente. Any hope of a further run was dashed as we drew Sporting, Porto and Braga in the third round and proceeded to lose all three games scoring once and conceding nine times. The level of class really is phenomenal between the top three/four and the rest of the league.

The 'Barrier'ense to Glory?

Finances:

Cash Injection One, Two, Three.

Continued again:

Three further cash injections were required to keep the finances from plummeting further, that makes it a total of six cash injections since I've been at the club. Hopefully, if we stay in Liga Sagres that should do our finances some good.

Continued further:

The finances aren't getting better despite the investment from the chairman(despite saying there would be no investment into the club.)

Finances 2014/2015.

We continue to lose money. However, it is getting less each month and some months we're making a small profit which is encouraging.

Miscellaneous:

Squad:

*'s indicate players overall performance for the season

* - Top quality

* - Above average

* - Reasonable

* - Disappointing

* - Not good enough

Goalkeepers

Ricardo - Performed very similar to last season. Not very good to put it frank. I still don't have the funds for a new 'keeper though so he'll stay in the side for this season and possibly longer. It was slightly risky to just have the one 'keeper for the season but luckily Ricardo didn't get a serious injury. *

Defenders:

Tóni (DR) - Again, first choice Right-Back in what will be his final season at the club, he was better than last season but not by much, and a better player will need to be found.*

Jérémie Rodrigues (DR) - Back-up to Tóni again, only starting 8 games but he was fairly poor. Average Rating of 6.51 for the season just isn't good enough. A full-back that can't dribble is just a waste of a squad number imo. *

Vitor Hugo(DC) - Started all games throughout the season, all as captain, and he was solid after a very, very poor start. He's highly respected by the rest of my squad but will need to up his game next season. *

Moreno (DC) - Again, played alongside Vitor Hugo, and they seem to have forged a strong partnership. A massive danger at set-pieces, although weak against a pacey forward. Will look for a new centre-back in the next couple of seasons but it isn't a priority to replace Moreno. *

Iain Bozinovski - Brought in after his contract at Perth Glory expired. I thought he could be a useful back-up as he looked to have some potential. Obviously, as I found out during the season he doesn't but will be kept as a last choice defender in case of an injury crisis. *

Sébastien Faure - Frenchman signed from Lyon on a free, as a backup originally but still played 24 games throughout the season. However, he was appalling, will need to get better or he'll be sold. *

Edimar (DL) - A fairly average season, and I would've liked more than 3 assists from 32 games certainly. I will eventually look for a more attacking full-back as we cement our place in the league. *

Midfielders:

Pedro Santos - Originally brought as a panic buy as I couldn't find a right winger, Santos is a very versatile player. He turned out to be better than I thought but tailed away at the end of the season resulting in a below par. *

Fabien Dejean - Still couldn't find a buyer throughout the season, so off he went for a free once his contract had expired. *

Zezinando - Continued his form from previous season and in a stuttering team his average rating is very good. Involved in the majority of my teams moves he's vital to progression at the moment. *

Bruno Amaro - The best of the bunch. Amaro was outstanding this season and was most important consistent. Exactly what I brought him for; he's probably too good for us. *

Jefferson Montero - A decent season from the Ecuadorian, but I'm in a dilemma whether to play him or Zezinando alongside Amaro next season. *

Serginho - Considering he had a fantastic season for us last year, he was a massive disappointment this season, permanently replaced by Rosado next year I think. *

Diogo Rosado - Used to play on loan at the club in my second season in charge, and he returned and had an impressive season knocking Serginho out of the left midfield squad, would prefer more assists tbh. *

Gaëtan D'acunto (AML) - Well the fact he didn't play a game summed how useless he is. *

Strikers:

Javier Etxeberria (ST) - Was disappointing this season and will move to Colchester on a free after refusing to extend his contract. *

António Caetano(ST) - Surprised me in all honesty. Always thought Etxeberria was the better player but Caetano has come from nowhere to look like a top player. Noticed at the end of the season his rating doesn't do him justice and I only played him in the last few months when I realised how much he'd improve. Rookie error on my behalf. *

Aser Pierrick (ST) - Terrible. *

League First Phase Promotion Phase
Second Division Group D [url="http://i41.tinypic.com/acyf89.jpg"]Second[/url] [url="http://i41.tinypic.com/1zgw60l.jpg"]Second[/url]
Second Division Group D [url="http://i40.tinypic.com/rgw2lv.jpg"]First [/url] [url="http://i40.tinypic.com/2u712lc.jpg"]First[/url]

League Position League Cup Portuguese Cup
Liga Vitalis [url="http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149/BenjaniT09/?action=view&current=Table.jpg"]10th[/url] First Round Fifth Round
Liga Vitalis [url="http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149/BenjaniT09/Season%204/?action=view&current=LeagueTable.jpg"] 2nd[/url] First Round Sixth Round

League Position League Cup Portuguese Cup
Liga Sagres [url="http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149/BenjaniT09/Season%205/?action=view&current=League.jpg"]12th[/url] Last - Group E Sixth Round
Liga Sagres [url="http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149/BenjaniT09/Season%206/?action=view&current=LeagueTable.jpg"]12th[/url] Third Round Fourth Round

Next Season:

Next season will be another struggle I think. No transfer budget, not really improved my squad. I've sort of hit a dead end and struggling to think what to do tbh.

One To Watch:

My one to watch for the forthcoming season is Antonio Caetano. He's improved dramatically and with him being the main striker by the looks of things he looks set to flourish. My tactic means that if a striker doesn't score they don't do much else and subsequently get a low rating, but I expect at least 15 goals from him this season.

Taylor - I think you are doing what I did early in Liga Sagres as well, trying to immediately move up the ladder and take the title quickly, its just not going to happen you need to beat each group as it comes, from where you are the next step is to crack into the top eight, so start looking at the players the teams in 6th and 7th have and target buying a few players of a similar level for your squad for next season, even better is to look at the frees around, chances are you might find one or two, or maybe even try and jiggle your wage budget to get enough money to bring in some young guns with a future. Look to build into the top 8 and then two seasons later to crack top 6 or so and then knock out Braga & Guimaraes to take 4th comfortably and then you just have to keep building, Portugal seems to have a seriously multi-tiered top league. Some of the teams in the league are just useless and then those at the top are far superior. So try and buy players who are only a little better than your current ones. slow and steady will still win the race. :)

Archived