3rd party speed programs

Hi guys, 

On my facebook page a guy is sharing a link to a program called fmspeeder, and another is sharing a link to cheatengine, both of which promise to speed up the processing of fm by 50 times or more. Done some research and fm blogger work the space has a video tutorial for one of them, however i remain sceptical. Has anyone had any experience using these?

I'd regard this as highly suspicious. I can understand the promise of the old tools that would shutdown irrelevant or rarely used things on windows to try and offer some streamlining and freeing up of memory but it's preposterous to suggest there is something that could speed it up by 50 times as a conservative guess with an "or more" bolted on.

I decided to watch a video myself, and there's one from a couple of versions ago promising the same thing. It looks like it's doing a good job, the results fly up the page at breakneck speed, the little processing icon is spinning ferociously. Then it takes 20 seconds to process a match day still (from 1:10, to 1:30). With no context as to how many leagues are in place etc.

It's very rare that modders of any kind come up with mods that improve overall optimisation of the game, perhaps the only examples that spring to mind would be some of the stuff done with Elder Scrolls/Fallout but it's just not likely.

- - -

When I consider I can do a season on holiday in less than 20 minutes, lets say 20 just for a nice even round number. The claim isn't 50% which even then would be a stretch, but is 50 times faster. Well that would mean the assertion is I should be able to use this tool and do a season in 24 seconds - or faster.

Not really going to happen is it?

The general consensus last time it was brought up seemed to be that it wasn't necessarily dodgy, just a complete placebo.  Everything looks like it goes faster, but it isn't really.  Nice little psychological effect, but it's still third party software, so there's still a worry of something going wrong.

It's not even particularly possible unless its altering the key code of the game.  And if it could do that, why wouldn't SI do it themselves given the focus on optimisation?

Archived