Ideas for FMH10

player part exchange, swap deals, more finance settings/income, more interaction with media, more info from board (already mentioned above), stadiums (would be nice), squad numbers (also would be nice), to be able to save team selections like FM on PC (like you save formations), a little more realisim in AI team selection like in league cup be nice to see Utd and other prem teams use their reserve/youth players more (again not important but nice to see!) that'l do for now. Will be back soon!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Contracts need to be looked at again as im still getting players demanding new contracts after winning a trophy even if they have just recently signed a new one, my record being 3 days before they wanted a new contract and extra 20k per week. Also noticed players want a new contract once they have been called up so many times by their country and free agent contract demands are ridiculous had one player who was below average was desperate for a short term cover at RB due to injuries and one player demanded a ridiculous 9.5k per week even though his highest stat was about 14

i think ive said this already but im gonna say it again

the russian league- or just more countries, its getting booring

better player database when using 4 countries

also the major one improve the offside rule - its the old rule and hasn't been updated to the new rules - only players who interfere in play are offside but in the game anyplayer offside even if they don't ouch the ball are classed as offside

Contracts need to be looked at again as im still getting players demanding new contracts after winning a trophy even if they have just recently signed a new one, my record being 3 days before they wanted a new contract and extra 20k per week. Also noticed players want a new contract once they have been called up so many times by their country and free agent contract demands are ridiculous had one player who was below average was desperate for a short term cover at RB due to injuries and one player demanded a ridiculous 9.5k per week even though his highest stat was about 14

i agree also in other clubs there are usually teams of unhappy players because they haven't got new contracts - this needs changing

manager contract - how much you get paid how many years and so-on the better the manager the more money you can ask for

• 2 weeks later...

Well now I've done a full 30 season career and started another I thought I'd comment further.

I want more relevant news stories. When I won the domestic treble with Benfica in my first season there was no recognition of the treble. And of course the following season, the press should speculate whether you'll be able to roll over the opposition in all competitions again. The PC version could do with some of this as well. I'd also like to have seen my two main rivals, Porto and Sporting sign up good players to try and challenge me. But they didn't and I won the second season comfortably as well with virtually the default squad.

I'd like some pre-season odds too for all competitions. More useful than who the press thinks may or may not win. I think it's more important for FMH than the PC FMPC because once you start rattling through the seasons, it's hard to work out how good teams are. Is Man Utd of 2030 the same challenge as Man Utd of 2010? It seems like it but saying that Man Utd are no pushovers suggests not.

I'll repeat for the tenth time :), a pre match prediction of the match result followed by a post match one liner about the performance.

I'll also repeat that squads aren't signing enough players as the seasons go by and many squads seem to fall to the 16-22 size range in later season - even the rich big clubs.

International teams don't always pick the best players available. The Dutch seem particularly bad at this. Star players all over Europe and yet they have a handful of caps between them. Let the international managers pick by value if need be as this is better than it is at present. German permanent regens should go in the German national side as they become good enough like in the PC game rather than leave the squad full of greys.

I see you get told now that some players played in the regional international tournament but there's still no results and no players stats. I know this is deliberate but why even bother with the other regional tournaments at all if not done properly?

There's a general issue already reported about miscounting player stats at club and international level.

Some bizarre 2D action needs sorting out.

The player buying, transfer and other issues have already been detailed in full.

No excuse for memory issues now that PSPGo is coming! :) That's it for now!

I agree with the Benfica, Porto, Sporting not buying any good players. Especially Benfica and Sporting becuse they start off with pretty good ones but eventually end up selling them off to big clubs. Sureley with the money they made they could buy some other good players?

i ideam for me that would be wicked i dont know if its been mentiond on here before but if you was able to play each other via the internet and use the squad that u have on the game that would be amanzing i know they do something like that for the PC verson i think.... anyway is i possible to do what ive just said above if FM wanted to do it ?????????????????

A trophy and achievements screen would be good. A screen with good graphics which shows you what trophies you have won and statistics about them both international and domestic. Basically all your achievements so far and also another tab within this screen which details how well you did in each competition so far ie league positions, what round of the cups you got to.

I think a screen like this would make your achievements worthwhile and have a good feelgood factor and also for you to see history of how you have improved over the years or not!!

What do you guys think? Sports Interactive guys???

No excuse for memory issues now that PSPGo is coming! :)

keep in mind not everybody is gonna have a PSP Go

A trophy and achievements screen would be good. A screen with good graphics which shows you what trophies you have won and statistics about them both international and domestic. Basically all your achievements so far and also another tab within this screen which details how well you did in each competition so far ie league positions, what round of the cups you got to.

I think a screen like this would make your achievements worthwhile and have a good feelgood factor and also for you to see history of how you have improved over the years or not!!

What do you guys think? Sports Interactive guys???

kinda like me and LSD's idea at the top of this page/bottom of last page?

not sure if it's not too late, but I would like to ask for transfer/wage budget adjustment like in latest PC versions - for example reduce wage limit by 10k to get that extra bit of money to sign a player and so on. Shouldn't take up much of memory anyway.

Would LOVE finances page for every club with data like stadium size, season ticket price, balance, income and expenditure. You would have to save some cash for stadium upgrades and so on. This might be a bit of a strain on memory though.

And surely in FMH10 if I bid 5mln for a transfer listed player, who's value is 5mln, the bid must be accepted.

some sort of player loyalty needs to be added imo, as atm you can sign any player for any club where as IRL you know Gerrard would never sign for Man Utd or G.Neville for Liverpool etc. but you can quite easily do it on FMH

Same for managers. Sir Alex got sacked from United. As we know he'd agree to resign with a pay off if the club really wanted him to move on. Then he went and managed Liverpool. Again most unlikely.

As for wage adjustment and greater finance detail, we've already asked for that! :)

Would LOVE finances page for every club with data like stadium size, season ticket price, balance, income and expenditure. You would have to save some cash for stadium upgrades and so on. This might be a bit of a strain on memory though.

And surely in FMH10 if I bid 5mln for a transfer listed player, who's value is 5mln, the bid must be accepted.

first we need to get stadiums :p

and yeah that transfer error has to be fixed

I second the more in depth scout reports. I'd like to know my chances of signing them and prices/wage etc. And maybe a player comparison. E.g. Player X has the potential to be as good as Kaka.

• 3 weeks later...

"No excuse for memory issues now that PSPGo is coming! That's it for now!"

The PSPGo still only has 32MB of main RAM, just like all other PSPs. It's allegedly going to have a nice chunk of memory for storing games but we can't use that for in-game data - it's just for the stuff that would normally go on the UMD.

OK all my international team gripes in one area now. International team stuff has improved a lot but I'm fussy and want to see a few other changes! :)

I know what's happening with AI international team picking now. Players who have been loyal regular internationals get picked until they retire even if they're worth nothing and their club side wants them out.

Example (summer 2014 just before World Cup): 37 years old Nuno Gomes who is picked by Portugal every time is in the World Cup squad. He's a back up player in my Benfica squad but assistant manager wants him out. Also aging strikers Adriano (who's a squad player for my Benfica side) and Fabiano got picked by Brazil as strikers for the World Cup despite clearly being in decline and seemingly better strikers in the game. My main Benfica goalscorer, a 25 year old Brazilian regen worth £10m (only £10m because he's in Portugal I think), who scores almost a goal a game and has won Portuguese player of the year for two seasons on the trot didn't get a look-in for the World Cup squad and hasn't played for Brazil all season. He has even reportedly scored 8 goals in 19 games for Brazil. So I assume there's a problem with the 'international player reputation' variable.

The AI managers could probably pick stronger international teams by making the choice solely based on player values subject to fulfilling the required positions.

By contrast in PCFM aging and fading players are soon booted out of international squads. It's July 2010 and there's no sign of Becks or David James in the England squad. I haven't checked but I bet they'd both be in England's 2010 squad in FMH.

It's not that a big deal but it does annoy me when good players don't play for their nation often meaning that the stronger nations underperform greatly. Hope this info is of use.

I've said elsewhere that good German regens should start taking over from greys in the national side just like in FMPC.

This is another old request about at least being able to see Under 21 line-ups. The game identifies transfer targets as U21 starlets but there's no other way of knowing.

Also for continental competition outside of Europe. It now says which players in your squad took part in them but the stats aren't added. We still see no results. African players are still available to play when they should be at the Cup of Nations. May be it's too much for the PSP but I'd rather no mention than a half hearted mention to be honest.

Hope all that helps! :)

just to add what ive said before to that for them to negotiate with you more as atthe minute they bid you negotiate and they bid again you try to negotiate a bit more and then they walk away 90% of the time

one thing i would like to see improved is how fickle the footballers are on the game. e.g, i spend five years at man utd and most of the players have me as their favoured personnel. However, when i left to take over inter, within two weeks, half of them had changed their favoured personnel to the new manager, arsene wenger.

AI teams negotiating with you. When you make a bid, they either accept or reject, they never negotiate. Would be nice. :)
just to add what ive said before to that for them to negotiate with you more as atthe minute they bid you negotiate and they bid again you try to negotiate a bit more and then they walk away 90% of the time

Yep and of course the biggest and oldest bugbear of all with transfers - clubs deciding that transfers listed players who your scouts say are surplus to requirements, are suddenly valuable and sometimes even vital squad/team members and then demanding several times their listed market value! :)

when teams are relegated their big players should look to leave as they tend to just stop there where as IRL they will want to play at the top level

Players only allowed to play for 2 teams in one season needs to be implemented imo stops the abuse of free transfers

I would personally like to see more build up to big matches rather then youu getting to a cup final and it feels like a normal match.

I would also like to see somemore help from your assistants rather than just being there to help with team selection.

Also i would like to see and under 18's side and reports from coaches about the progression of young stars and be told when they feel they are ready for the 1st teams.

But i would mainly like to see u 18s squad more than anything else

I think it would be a nice idea to have a screen where you can see all of your achievements to date. Such as details of how many times you have won a league title, Domestic Cup, European Club cups and International Cups. Also details of when you won the trophys, which club you won them at and what dates.

At the moment the only thing you get is the screen when you go into your name which only displays how many games you have won, lost, drawn and just the number of titles and cups you have won and no details. I think it would make it cool to see your achievements in more detail as we have spent so long trying to win things!

This should definately be implemented for fm2010 imo, surely it wouldn't be too hard to do considering the other information you've mentioned is possible to store in the game, surely more detailed achievments could be listed.

If possible, I think the 30 season limitation should be extended to 40 years. After 40 years of management most managers would have retired from the game so imo it makes it more realistic than 30 years.

I have not played fmh as of yet so I am not entirely sure about the coashing system as it stands but if it is not currently possible it should definately become possible to hire and fire staff.

I really think it's about time that we had some real coaching staff at our club, preferably ones that we can hire or fire. It wouldnt have to be as detailed as the pc version, just like a named assistant manager, first team coach and a physio and a scout, maybe a gk coach or youth coach as well but thats not so important.

If it really is impossible to add coaching staff in a manner that they can be hired and fired then if we could at least have the cosmetic effect of our assistant manager having a real name, ie. Mike Phelan will be the United assistant manager for the duration of the game. This way they wouldnt take up any extra memory.

However, it surely must be possible to add staff somehow that could have some sort of minor influence over training, or in the case of a physio, over how long it takes a player to recover from injury. I just feel it is an area of the game which is sorely neglacted on FMH.

Even the now ancient ultimate soccer manager games of the mid to late 90s had coaching staff that you could hire and fire who had an influence on how a player develops.

that will be out once the new games out, you know the score

TicTacWoe to add coaches would mean the removal of players SI have already said and id rather have more players in the dbs

Thats true if they were to add coaches as they are on the PC version. But there are other ways that coaches and staff members could be coded into the game to give them some sort of fairly limited role which would help to improve the realism of FMH imo.

Even, like tictacwoe said if they had the names of the coaches for example. That wouldnt add anything to the db, you wouldnt have extra people or anything, youd just have each clubs real life coaches and assistant managers instead of just a nameless 'assistant manager'.

Good days,sorry for my english, my question was, since I give him importance to the match 3d, I consider it to be important and though fm2009 was the first malingerer, I considered it to be good enough, this year according to the images I see that it is the same graphically that that of last year, it is true?, it will look like a bilge, but my I would like that the nets of the desks were encouraged, to the style pro evolution, on having put a goal, and that it was possible to put the color of your equipment(team) in the nets, would be every real more, and I do not say that it it should not be, since I was a fan of the fifa manager and this year I have turned to the football manager, since much better consider in all the aspects. To consider it of the nets.

A greeting.

Fran.

Archived