FMH 2010 - New Features

• SI Staff

You can see an indepth blog about FM and FMH at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=142237

Football Manager™ Handheld 2010

Release date October 30th 2009

Formats PSP

Specific FMH2010 new features:

New skin a new look for the PSP game.

Improved match AI

Lots of polish

Improved board confidence module

Improved coach & scout reports

Assistant manager team reports

Player Comparison Screen

Player testimonials

New "unlockables"

New playable competitions

We've not added any leagues to FMH for quite a while now and have been very aware that it is one of the most requested features on these forums, so when we sat down to discuss what to put into this year's game, we were really keen to get a new league in - and so we have added the Brazilian leagues to FMH 2010. This includes the First and Second Divisions as well as the Sao Paulo State Championship and Brazilian Cup. As a knock-on to adding the Brazilian leagues, we've also added the following international and continental competitions: South American World Cup Qualifying, Copa America, Confederations Cup and Club World Championship.

Improved board confidence module

The board will now report back with their views on your progress in competitions, matches, the financial state of the club and the current squad harmony. In addition, they will also inform you of their opinion of each signing you have made.

It is also possible to choose your starting season expectations - depending on the financial situation of the club you are managing; the board might release additional funds in order to help you achieve your selected goals.

You can even move funds between your transfer and wage budgets. This ensures that you will never again find yourself unable to afford the wages of a free transfer signing despite having money left over in the transfer budget.

Improved coach & scout reports

Coach and scout reports have been rewritten, to allow an increased level of detail. Coaches will now assess the abilities of your players against other members of your squad, whilst scouts will inform you whether they feel a potential signing will be better than your existing first choice player in the targeted position. In addition, they'll also assess the likelihood of the player being interested in a move to your club.

Assistant manager team reports

At any time during your reign at a club, it is now possible to ask your assistant manager to compile a report of your squad - reporting back on his recommended strongest starting line-up and the strongest and weakest players in the team. They will also report back on any potential transfer targets to improve the first team.

Screenshots now live at http://www.sigames.com/softography.php?type=view&id=34

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can even move funds between your transfer and wage budgets. This ensures that you will never again find yourself unable to afford the wages of a free transfer signing despite having money left over in the transfer budget.

Glad this feature has been added!

Anyway, this looks really good but I hope that the Russian leagues and more International teams are also included as well as the Polish.

Its not the league from Poland, but what Mr.Sheen does! ;)

nobody will until you unlock it!

Game coming out early this year, yipee

Liking the blue look, iirc i asked for testimonials to be added either last year or this year.

looking forward to the other new features but still no swap players in transfer deals. What about recall players from loans though? Can anyone at SI comment yet

Okay, 2010 release will see me buying a PSP since I´ll have some travelling at the end of the year.

Question: Will PSP go be supported? Or just regular PSP?

PSPgo: the game needs to be distributed as a download, which, would be of advantage for people living so remote from Europe like me.

testimonials is a great addition and something I myself have been calling for for years on the PC version, finally some recognition for your best players rather than the "right son, thats you finished, you can go and dissapear into nothingness now, bye" of before :)

Bringing in features of the PC version such as being able to alter the board expectations and so on is also fantastic. I can't fault any of the new additions mentioned here.

Personally, I'm hoping the 30 year limitation is extended to 40 years at least but perhaps this simply isn't possible.

I'm not too pushed about adding new leagues but surely there are more important leagues than the Belgian and Australian leagues (Russian, Greek, Turkish, Ukraine etc are all stronger).

It's also great to hear the coaching and scouting has been improved. I don't suppose anyone can say if we actually have real life coaches/other staff like in the PC version or at least do our coaches and assistants have real names?

All in all very excited about FMH2010

I don't suppose anyone can say if we actually have real life coaches/other staff like in the PC version or at least do our coaches and assistants have real names?

There aren't any 'real' coaches or coaching staff names in FMH 2010 - you still just have a generic assistant manager.

There aren't any 'real' coaches or coaching staff names in FMH 2010 - you still just have a generic assistant manager.

Oh well, can't have it all! Would you be able to confirm whether or not the 30 year limitation is still intact and whether or not the ending to the game (roundup of your career thing) has been improves as it seems a bit flat in its current state.

Thanks for the reply btw

I can indeed confirm that you are able to recall players from loan in FMH 2010.

The way you've said that (to me) suggests that all loan moves will let you recall players. Is that the case, or is it optional?

Testimonials is great, have thought this is a great idea since I've started playing FM!

So will you be able to swap players Glenn?

Not in this version, no.

The way you've said that (to me) suggests that all loan moves will let you recall players. Is that the case, or is it optional?

It is an optional clause with loan moves.

There is actually an additional screenshot on footballmanager.com (under the PSP section) that shows the second part of assistant manager feedback, where the assistant is recommending replacements for the weakest position in the team.

Can you cancel loans on the editor this year????

Like this alot tho -------> You can even move funds between your transfer and wage budgets. This ensures that you will never again find yourself unable to afford the wages of a free transfer signing despite having money left over in the transfer budget. <-------

And of course we hope this time that clubs will actually want to sell us players that they supposedly no longer want and have transfer listed!!! Yeah, work those QA guys hard! :)

Is the ball going to stay yellow like in the screenshots on footballmanager.com

Is there going to be better buld up to big matches such as Cup finals or derby matches (eg. Arsenal vs Tottenham)

Are there going to be leagues below Blue square premier?

If anyone can answer these it would be a great help

Question: Will PSP go be supported? Or just regular PSP?

PSPgo: the game needs to be distributed as a download, which, would be of advantage for people living so remote from Europe like me.

Distribution is still under discussion as nothing's been said about this.

All in all though the improvements look good and should give us more of a PC like experience without the huge playtime.

Sorry to add another question - but with regards to the "lots of polish" has there been any progress on fixing crash bugs (i.e. managers name dissapearing and then about 25 seasons in the game just refusing to advance resulting in the PSP powering off)

I can understand game save corruption will always happen and save multiple copies of my game to avoid that - but its the crashing that ruins my enjoyment of this game as I havent managed to do 30 season on FMH09 so far and I bought it the day it came out last year!

Is there another skin?

No, we're only going with one skin for FMH this year.

Can you cancel loans on the editor this year????

Not this year.

has the 2d pitch issues been sorted? no goals from the halfway etc

We're continually working on improving the 2D pitch representation of the match engine, so whilst it is impossible to rule out the odd strange occurence, in general it should be better than last year.

the champions league will be change like the pc version? and in the matchs there will be names of stadium? and there will be number of fans?

There won't be names of stadiums or attendance figures due to memory constraints.

Is the ball going to stay yellow like in the screenshots on footballmanager.com

Is there going to be better buld up to big matches such as Cup finals or derby matches (eg. Arsenal vs Tottenham)

Those screenshots are work in progress (actually from FMH 2009, so probably shouldn't be on that website). The ball won't be yellow in the retail version. There is a slight improvement to build up to big matches but I'll not go into too much detail right now.

Will we be able to move players from another country to another team in England?

Also, will there be more Save Game slots available, rather than just 10?

Same number of save game slots as last year - and not sure what you mean with the first question.

Sorry to add another question - but with regards to the "lots of polish" has there been any progress on fixing crash bugs (i.e. managers name dissapearing and then about 25 seasons in the game just refusing to advance resulting in the PSP powering off)

I can understand game save corruption will always happen and save multiple copies of my game to avoid that - but its the crashing that ruins my enjoyment of this game as I havent managed to do 30 season on FMH09 so far and I bought it the day it came out last year!

We've fixed a vast array of bugs - small ones and bigger ones :)

@Glenn or Marc: sounds good what you´re going to give us (if I actually buy a PSP) with FMH2010.

What would you say, which version of the PC FM could it be compared with/is it more or less on par? 2005 or 2006?

Just wanting to know what to expect in terms of depth. I understand this is and will be a different game for a different market, but knowing that it is on par with a certain iteration of FM will help to understand what I can do and what I can´t compared to more recent fully blown FM. Right now, I´m playing both, FM08 and FM09, but looking forward to something more portable like the PSP(go).

What would you say, which version of the PC FM could it be compared with/is it more or less on par? 2005 or 2006?

FMH most closely resembles our older CM3 engine (01/02) but obviously has had many improvements and additions since (for instance the board confidence module this year is very similar to the board confidence module in the PC game). In general, though, the handheld game is designed to be more 'pick up and play' than the PC game, so is perfect for people with a little less time than they used to have or who are just looking for a 'simpler' game.

FMH most closely resembles our older CM3 engine (01/02) but obviously has had many improvements and additions since (for instance the board confidence module this year is very similar to the board confidence module in the PC game). In general, though, the handheld game is designed to be more 'pick up and play' than the PC game, so is perfect for people with a little less time than they used to have or who are just looking for a 'simpler' game.

Okay, thanks. Sounds good and if PSPgo will be supported I shall get it.

Archived