FMS Community Thread Episode VIII: Disneyland

tenthreeleader

Of course, here in the USA the reaction from fans of the women's game is roughly comparable to Brazil crashing out of the World Cup in the round of 16. This is not so much due to the play, which to my mind too many people still don't comprehend, but to the polarization created by Megan Rapinoe. I for one would enjoy the focus to be on the women's game, which has come so far, rather than on a political feud .

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, my thoughts on the draw...

Group A

Bayern vs Man U the obvious heavyweight clash here, but Galatasaray is always a tricky trip, and they will nick a few points here and there from the top 2

1) Bayern
2) Man U
3) Galatasaray
4) Copenhagen

Group B

I'm cautiously optimistic for Arsenal really. Not the toughest of draws, but there's still potential for a couple of slip ups, especially with Sevilla and PSV

1) Arsenal
2) Sevilla
3) PSV Eindhoven
4) Lens

Group C

Napoli are no pushovers, but them and Real Madrid will probably take control of this group easily. Braga and Union Berlin will fight a close scrap for third

1) Real Madrid
2) Napoli
3) Braga
4) Union Berlin

Group D

Inter are probably the favourites here, but the rest are kinda evenly matched. Benfica should probably nick second on account of experience, but it could be close

1) Inter Milan
2) Benfica
3) Real Sociedad
4) Salzburg

Group E

Feels like a Europa League group this. Atletico Madrid probably the strongest here, but you get the sense that anyone can beat anyone in this group. Hard to predict

1) Atletico Madrid
2) Lazio
3) Feyenoord
4) Celtic

Group F

My oh my. The Toon Army will have some cracking European trips this season, but bleedin' heck, what a group! Best enjoy it while you can. Insanity

1) PSG
2) Dortmund
3) Milan
4) Newcastle

Group G

Man City probably got the easiest Pot 2 team in Leipzig, and the other two probably won't amount to much either. Easy walkover for the title holders

1) Man City
2) RB Leipzig
3) Crvena Zvezda
4) Young Boys

Group H

Hmm. Don't think Barcelona will face too much of a challenge here. Porto and Shakhtar to battle for second place. Antwerp will be valiant but unsuccessful

1) Barcelona
2) Porto
3) Shakhtar Donetsk
4) Antwerp

Welcome back to the Champions League, Newcastle. :D

Haven't paid much interest in the Champions League recently (other than the Final), but definitely more excited about this than Thursday night football. Also going to be the last good CL before that stupid Swiss system ruins everything.

Anyway, my group predictions. Most of these are pretty easy to call, but Group F is definitely the most wide open - wouldn't even be surprised if Newcastle got through.

GROUP A

1. Manchester United
  2. Bayern Munich
  3. Galatasaray
  4. FC Copenhagen

GROUP B

1. Arsenal :)
  2. Sevilla
  3. PSV
  4. Lens

GROUP C

1. Real Madrid
  2. Napoli
  3. Union Berlin
  4. Braga

GROUP D

1. Internazionale
  2. Benfica
  3. Red Bull Salzburg
  4. Real Sociedad

GROUP E

1. Atlético Madrid
  2. Lazio
  3. Celtic
  4. Feyenoord

GROUP F

1. AC Milan
  2. Paris Saint-Germain
  3. Newcastle United
  4. Borussia Dortmund

GROUP G

1. Manchester City
  2. RB Leipzig
  3. Young Boys
  4. Crvena Zvezda

GROUP H

1. Barcelona
  2. Porto
  3. Antwerp
  4. Shakhtar Donetsk
Edited by CFuller

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm enjoying it more than FM23. But then again, FM23 set the bar pretty low for me. :p

The match animations are still a bit messy (especially with goalkeepers) but the game in general seems a bit more polished. I just wish we didn't have to put up with the same old user interface bugs cropping up year after year, of which there are too many to mention.

Yeah I get what you mean, but I guess we'll just have to make do. Apparently FM25 will be a complete overhaul so let's hope they all get sorted by then.

I'm particularly excited by the inclusion of the Japanese leagues though. At long last.

Just a quick one lads, if any of you are ever in need of a chat. If you have problems with mental health or just need to vent my PM box is always open.

Im not ashamed to say I suffer severly with Mental Health and I know how much having someone even if its a virtual stranger to talk too helps

Mark

On 15/11/2023 at 20:52, mark wilson27 said:

Just a quick one lads, if any of you are ever in need of a chat. If you have problems with mental health or just need to vent my PM box is always open.

Im not ashamed to say I suffer severly with Mental Health and I know how much having someone even if its a virtual stranger to talk too helps

Mark

Likewise for you mate. I'm always open to listen. You know where to find me.

• 1 month later...

This has been another emotional year for me, losing the last of my grandparents while also becoming an uncle for a second time. I will cherish this precious time with my family more than ever.

Merry Christmas to Mark, Neil, Ben, Sherm, and everyone else in this small but wonderful FMS community.

The Hall of Fame Preliminary voting has been put on the boards. Only one vote has been sent in so far. Theirs a short deadline on it so please guys come on and vote

Kinda random, but I posted a comment on an article on The Guardian, which talked about the author's knowledge of geography through football

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/jan/11/football-map-europe-quiz-uefa

I do have quite a geeky thing I do, in that when I send a player out on loan in game, I actually check out where that club is located in Google Maps, and imagine said player moving to his new 'home'. Some of the places are really quite interesting to explore, like perhaps a Welsh seaside town, or a small French village

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I've been attempting to play FM24, but the game often crashes once I get to the first game in pre-season.

Is FM24 particularly demanding on computers? I am using a 2020 MacBook Air with 8GB memory. I have no issues with FM23.

Not really. I have had a couple of crashes, but if anything, FM24 is more optimised than FM23 was.

The one thing I'd say is that 8GB RAM nowadays is on the low side. Ideally, you might want at least 16GB.

• 3 weeks later...

The award ceremony will be held on Saturday 10th February at 19:30 (GMT).

I know its normally on a Sunday night but I'm on shift every Sunday night this month

Mark

Ps please feel free to put ideas for the venue

Hmm.  Venue.

"Live from the Megan Rapinoe School of Charm"

"Live from the Dai Yongge School of Finance"

"Live from Wrexham, Because Everyone Else Is"

"Live from the Hardly Athletic Hall of Fame"

"Live from the Erik Ten Hag School of Man-Management"

"Live from Wherever Jose Mourinho Winds Up Next"

"Live from the Gary Lineker Institute for Social Media"

I'm away this weekend so unlikely to be around (although may try and sneak in a visit!), but I'm a big fan of Wrexham and Sancho suggestions. Looking forward to catching up on what I' sure will be a great show!