Official FM09: Good Fullbacks thread

arsenal_2111

Name: Paolo Ferrari

Position: D/WB/MR

Club: River Plate

Value: £2-3+ mil

Sale Value: £4.3 mil

Work permit: Yes (but will likely get it)

Works almost anywhere on the right flank due to his high crossing ability and nice all-round stats.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Darijo Srna

Position: D/WB/M RL

Club: Shakhtar

Value: can't really remember what was his value :/

Sale Value: £16.25m (could probably have got him for even less, but he's worth every peny :thup:)

Work Permit: Not needed as he is the captain of Croatian national team

Darijo Srna in the 3rd season

Just to add. I happened to be lucky enough to snacth Andres Guardado for a bargain (something around 12mil), and being that i don't play with wingers, i tried him on the WB L spot, and he is doing preety cool. It is a narrow formation with only the wing backs sticking out from the pack, Srna & Guardado. He is incredibly fast, and has every chance of picking up any loose ball on the left wing, marking 12 and tackling 11, combined with his pace and godd positioning guarantee that he can snatch it from the best and explode to make a good counter attack.

You mentioned Marcelo, Guardado can play it too.:thup:

Im not sure of his club or value but I got Juan Manuel Vargas for around 10m as Sunderland and he was probably the best left back on the game. Scores at least 10 per season from left back plus countless assists and won European defender of the year 2 years running, great player!

Also had Mickeal Chretien on the other side who was very good as well

Im not sure of his club or value but I got Juan Manuel Vargas for around 10m as Sunderland and he was probably the best left back on the game. Scores at least 10 per season from left back plus countless assists and won European defender of the year 2 years running, great player!

Also had Mickeal Chretien on the other side who was very good as well

Vargas was bought by Fiorentina and they want 45M GBP :/ so he's out.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL they're being linked to him today IRL, watch this space.

Do you re-present Chretien? Sorry but you always suggest him. If you do tell him Rovers are an awesome club!!!

Or is he really that good? Because TBH his stats are not that impressive, nor is his report.

6 assists, 0 goals, avg 7.04, Tck 1.34.

Ah well you have to plug your other clients once in a while. :wink:

7.21 avg rating start, 3 assists in 8 starts is good, lets hope he keeps it up Santons waiting.

I have to get a plug in for one who doesn't get mentioned on here:

Name: Steven Warnock

Position: Left Back / Wing back

Club: The Mighty Blackburn Rovers

Value: 4M

Sale Value: 6M max (I have never bought him, inherited)

Work permit: Guess it depends on who your signing him for? but no.

Name: Wayne Bridge (Average rating of 7.58 on my first two seasons)

Position: DL

Club: Chelsea

Value: 4-5m

Sale Value: N/A

Work permit: N/A

Name: Daniel Alves

Position: DR

Club: Barcelona

Value: 18m

Sale Value: 24m

Name: Onyekachi Apam

Position: D RLC/WB RL

Club: OCG Nice

Value: 4m

Sale Value: 6m

I managed to sign him for my PSG team for 4m at the start of 2nd season. Has been brilliant at RB for me so far this season. Deffinately worth a go.

Patch: 9.2.0

Budget: Well I have a budget of 3M GBP remaining but I'm sure it will be replenished at the beginning of the 3rd season. I am in March of season 2.

Can't think of anyone for only £3Million Shariz, not at the moment anyhow. :(

any advice on a right back for celtic, 9.0.2 first season, got £5mil to spend

thanks

Ferrari from River? Santon? Opare?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Name: Gregory Tafforeau

Position: DL/WBL/ML

Club: LOSC Lille Metropole

Value: 2.2m

Sale Value: 3.4-5m

Work permit: not Needed

In my first game on FM09 i signed him for Celtic and he became my captian by season 2, had 2 great seasons then i signed a class regen left back that took his place. Very good signing for a team that has a decent but not too much money to spend

Yes he is still at AS Nancy his full name is Michaël Chrétien Basser. What DB size have you got? Small?

Yes but I do have the French league loaded... Cant find him still suxors... Who else is a mad right back?

• 3 weeks later...

juan manual vargas from fiorentina is a monster of a left sided player, defender, wingback of midfielder, he is amazing...

yury zhirkov as well (retrain him to defender left..takesa bout 3months) is another monster

and of course darijo srna, probably the best full back in the game (can play left or right side, d wb or m)

all of them are probably better going forward than defending but they are still better than people like marcelo or arbeloa etc

they are all youngish, vargas you wont be able to get until the 2nd season due to his recent move to fiorentina but should be a definite buy due to his immenseness

some stats

crossing 20, dribbling 17, marking 14, passing 18, tackling 15, desisions 16, creativity 16 determination 17, off the ball 18, work rate 16, teamwork 15, acceleration 18, pace 16, stamina 20, natural fitness 17, strength 17, balance 17, positioning 14, concentration 13, bravery 14

he is good at set pieces too, long throws 17, penalty taking 16, corners 18, freekicks 18, longshots 20, finishing 14, composure 14,

zhirkov and srna are better as well :)

Archived