Official FM09: Good Fullbacks thread

arsenal_2111

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

IF you have around 26 mil at the start, bet 13 each for Srna and Zhirkov. Will sort out your flanks for years to come. Srna is my top scorer for my CL and PL winning team with Liverpool. 99% of the time he will score from penalties and whenever he takes a freekick, I can almost expect it to be in the back of the net although his stats dont suggest that.

Even when I have fleck who have 20 in penalty taking, Srna will be my first choice no matter what.

Oliver Deschacht LB

Sale Price: €150,000

Very good left back. Extremely hardworking (20 workrate, 20 teamwork), good defensive stats (tackling 17, marking 17) and very strong too. Only weakness is he isn't too fast (12 pace, 11 acceleration) and isn't great going forward but for €150,000 you can't complain. His stats suggest he'd be great at CB too.

Marcin Wasilewski RB

Sale Value: €170,000

Similar to Deschacht except better in the air. Has great mental stats too and well worth a punt especially for Championship or bottom half clubs.

Wages might be a problem for these players as they both want €12,000 a week but they are worth it. Both are available from Anderlect and have a look at Jelle Van Damme too.

• 1 month later...

Diego Calderon - Cheap at start, reliable.

Konstantin Rausch - Top Drawer German left-back.

Christian Ansaldi - Very solid and versatile.

N'Koulou - Awesome mentally and also versatile.

An argentinian dude whose name I can't remember. (It's not Insua)

M'Bengue - Class left back at Toulousse.

Schennikov - Not the best defender but quick and young.

Goossens - Value left back, awesome technical abilities.

At right back, I've got Hosain Kabeiand Loic Perrin as my main first team picks. Both are decent players and reliable.

At left back, I've a couple to choose from....Francesco Inglaise, Cor Pronk, paul dixon & Edson Draafeid. Also just signed Leonardo. The first 3 are all pretty relieable - Pronk is only about 17, with plenty of potential.

Jeremy Mathieu is pretty solid at left back, can usually be brought for around £3-5Million. Jonas Elmer is another option but might not be Man Utd standard, Capdevila is another option but his age is a problem.

Ah I remember Jonas Elmer, he used to be at Chelsea years ago, brought in under RA. Always thought he'd make it, then he just dissappeared.

Anyways, back on topic...

Name: Cesar Ibanez

Position: DL

Club: Can't remember

Value:~£1m

Sale Value: ~£2.5m

Work permit: Required

Bought him for my Cardiff team, he joined in the Jan of our first season in the Prem (Second season in the game). Currently at the start of my fifth and he's been an ever present at left back, absolutely fantastic little player. Not greedy either, he's on around £15k p/w and doesn't complain or get unsettled when other clubs are interested. Turns into a top Prem left back.

I'd also recommend Miguel Torres of Real, can play anywhere across the back four. Not got any details on him as I bought him for Wolfsburg later on in the game, but he's a good, solid right back and a more than capable left back.

Hi, I am looking for a good left-back (Man Utd material) that performs consistently and that is not over-priced, a max of 10M-12M GBP. Anyone got any ideas?

I cant believe that nobody on here has mentioned Fabian Monzon LB from Boca possibly the best left back on the game and you can get him for less than 2m at the start of the game he's top class and a beast on free kicks if anyone signs him let me know what you think

Cristian Zaccardo. Nothing spectacular except his Iron-willed personality. Use him to mentor the next generation of iron willed defence.

Iron-willed = Max pressure attribute

Imagine a back line that won't buckle under pressure.

• 4 weeks later...

Could someone recommend me a good left and right full back for Man. City? It's my weakest area...for the left I'd like someone to take over Wayne Bridge, and for the right someone to play while Micah doesn't reach his full potential, or even to tutor him...so could be a bit old, no problem with that.

Ah and no problem money-wise. :p

Could someone recommend me a good left and right full back for Man. City? It's my weakest area...for the left I'd like someone to take over Wayne Bridge, and for the right someone to play while Micah doesn't reach his full potential, or even to tutor him...so could be a bit old, no problem with that.

Ah and no problem money-wise. :p

LB - Guilherme, Monzon, Mattock, Matheiu

RB - G.Steinsson, Chrétien, Paulo Ferrari, Santon

My rafael developed quite good initially...He's 22 now but his stats just wont increase much and has even dropped a little...I played him a lot......As for Azpilicueta he is a gem also but his PA is quite low...He'll have almost the same stats as he ages

Alright guys, I'm looking for a RB for my fourth season Norwich team. We're pushing for champs league this season, having been in the EUFA cup for two years now. I've looked at Schwaab (not good enough), Chretien (not quite good enough, might have to settle for him if I can't find anyone else), Ferrari (not bad but at 29 a little old to be spending money on), Steinnson (got him atm but he's getting a bit old), N'Koulou (I have him already and play him at CB), Opare (he's in the reserves team), Santon ("no intention of joining our club at this time") and Azpilicueta (amazing but won't join).

Does anyone have a hidden gem of a right back I could look into signing? Budget is about ten mil but can stretch that a bit.

Hmm that's a possibility, although his asking price is about £13mil which is a bit much for how good he is :/ whatever happened to Rafinha, Ratinho, Leyreilton, etc being good and affordable? :( boohoo.

I might have to buy a CB and stick N'Koulou out on the right :-/ although he's not much good at attacking.

Why has no-one mentioned this fella

Name: Jerome Boateng

Club: HSV

Position: D/WB RL

Value: £3.6M

Sale Value: £5-7M

Work Permit: No

This lad is 6'4, hes 2 footed and has great strength, tackling and composure. He will give any one a run for their money.

COYB

• 1 month later...

Archived