(FM19) Dario Argento presents: 'Saving Football 2: Vivere e Frodare in Italia'

Deisler26

Definitivo.png

2020 Youth Intake

2019 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

We're still sat at Average youth coaching and Fairly Basic youth recruitment, so it's going to be a slog for the next few years I feel. As ever, I'll be focusing on 3* prospects and up. The guys coming in will be certainly used when we start weeding out the non-club trained players on the road to having a fully youth orientated club. Lotiman will need to be re-trained maybe, but to what, I have no idea.

--------------------------------------------------

Key Prospects

DM/MLC Luca Rossi

AMR/ST Oscar Ascione

GK Pierpaolo Sau

AMRC Emmanuel Lotiman

How far will YOUR youth go: 2020?

Just how local are my intakes? We have poor Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

This intake seemed a trifle more cosmopolitan than the last one, despite no change in facilites or youth funding.

• YP4 Emmanuel Lotiman was born in Yambio, South Sudanover 8,800 km away. I can see it now, the heart-warming story of a refugee from a war-torn country getting a chance at playing professional football. Someone call Rai Scuola!
  • YP5 Nicolo Russo was born in Kruje, Albania, some 880km away. Clearly, by the name, this is an Italian coming home. Maybe his parents were at university or working in the IT sector there, who knows?
  • YP6 Carmelo Guaiana was born in Nicolosi, SardiniaStill in Italy, but on the tip of the 'boot' on the island of Sardinia, some 1,100km away. With a few teams around that area, seems odd that he'd make his way up to here.

The rest of our intake was within an hour of the stadium, so we are still getting quite local intakes, but the question remains that for for how long?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MzAZojf.jpg

San Marino Calcio - Serie B

Mid-Season - 2020/21

Fixtures

5ZT5QAl.png?1

League Table

glfHvSN.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Due to the circumstances I find myself in due to finances,surviving is no longer good enough,I have to get promoted due to my financial instability.We are currently -£740k and that is after having a board injection of £525k.We are in a good position so far as we sit top of the table which would net us over £2 million in prize money,we are also guaranteed £449k for reaching the Italian Cup 1st Round so that is a bit of relief as well.We would be flying at the top if we could actually finish our chances off as there hasn't been a team who have been outright better than us.My aim for the second half of the season is to carry on this form as that should see us go up.

Definitivo.png

Santarcangelo Calcio 1926

2019/20 Season Review

This was a tire-fire of a season. We had expiring contracts, disappointing performances and a horrific run of results. It came down to the final 4 games of the season. We beat a fellow relegation struggler, then pulled off a magnificent win over a promotion playoff club to give us 6 points out of six and vault us out of the relegation places. We then lost to second placed Lanerossi Vicenza Virtus to put us into an all-or-nothing matchup on the final day. We had to match or beat Rimini's result in order to survive the playout. We lost a poor match, 0-3, but Rimini couldn't take advanctage, also losing 0-3. This meant that we finished 14th in Serie C/B.

Final Table

Second half Results

Stats

Awards

Review

Commercial Summary

@smp20 Keep up the good work,hopefully you can get promotion automatically or via the playoffs.

@Deisler26 Congrats on staying up,hopefully your youth players carry on developing so you can move up the table next season.

Made my first sale at San Marino,he was worth £25.5k so I don't think I did too bad to get £200k on deadline day.

oxssxM9.png?1

We signed him on a free, he mad six appearances while averaging at 6.6.Least my debt has gone down even further :D

Definitivo.png 

coppa italia serie c

2020/21 Coppa Italia Serie C, Group F 

Group Stage, Matchday 1

Rimini F.C 1912 2 -1 Santarcangelo Calcio 1926

A massively sh*thoused loss for us. We were dominating the entire game, but Nicolo Mazzantini decided to play 'Pass to the Keeper', missing three good one-on-one chances and we were undone by two point-blank headers in two minutes late on.

2020/21 Coppa Italia Serie C, Group F 

Group Stage, Matchday 2

Santarcangelo Calcio 1926 1 -1 Rimini F.C 1912

Same sort of game. Completely in control, thanks to Nicolo Mazzantini's header, then he wanted to play 'Pass to the Keeper' again, missing four one-on-ones this time. They scored their only one-on-one chance and nearly won it with an angled shot from 35 yards in the 94th minute, only to see it bounce off the angle of post and bar

2020 serie c up exit

Definitivo.png

August 2020 Transfer Window

2020 aug transfer winder

A huge mess of a transfer window. But it's cleared our debt at the cost of our best players.

AML Alessandro Albani (£100k + 50% sell-on to Sambendettese): He was constantly on about a new deal and when he was asked to waive a clause, meaning that he could actually get a new deal, he utterly refused. So I stuck him in the U-20's and sold his ass for as much as I could get.

DM Aleksandros Dhamo (£115k + 50% sell-on to Cesena) This was harder in that he was a regular fixture in the team last season, but he also wasn't academy grown, so when the opportunity came, I took it.

ST Nicolo Mazzantini (£350k + 50% sell-on to Parma Calcio 1913) This was an agonising choice. He was academy-trained, our top scorer the last two seasons and famously came out as gay, but he also would constantly miss one-on-one attempts. That, coupled with the huge fee (for us) swung my feelings on the deal as it meant that I could afford some academy upgrades.

DR Stefano Totaro (£250k + 50% sell-on to Salernitana) This was much in the same vein as the last sale. It was the large fee that lead to his sale.

@smp20 Best of luck in Serie A :thup:

MzAZojf.jpg

Youth Candidates - 2020/21

The Candidates

DNf1K9Z.png?1

The Hot Prospects

dMvcOZY.png?2

I spent loads on wages last summer to strengthen my defence and then this one pops up in my very next youth candidate batch.He is already regarded as our third best centre back by every coach and the assistant manager.Needs to improve his determination and change his personality but I know this can happen as I have seen it with Valli.

MR4Xro7.png?1

The only other one worthy of mentioning,has the potential to do something in his career but does need a lot of improving which can be done if I ever get better facilities.He is regarded as our seventh best striker but he is already better than last season best youth striker,will be 6th choice at the end of the season when the clear out begins.

Definitivo.png

2020/21 Half Season Review

2020 half season table

We're devilishly average in Serie C/B, and, more importantly, 16 points ahead of last place.

2020 half season results

We had an unbelievable start to this season's Serie C/B, followed by playing the top 3 in a row. That morale loss sent us into a tailspin which we only just managed to pull out of in the last two games

Definitivo.png

January 2021 Transfer Window

2021 transfer eindow

Only the two exits, this window. Both major components of the side, however.

DM Nico Amadei (sold to S.S. Lazio for £1.2m + 50% sell on) From being the shining light of our academy to Serie A. He was clearly the best player in the team and frankly, I'm happy to have got good money for time. This should fund another Youth Coaching upgrade next season and has already funded an upgrade to our Youth Training facilites.

DC Marco Maini (sold to U.S Lecce for £50k) He held me to ransom on a new contract, so I overpaid for one more season, then promptly took advantage of the interest in him. Simples.

Mezzolara - Serie D/D -Season 2018-2019

Predicted: 17th

Final position: 11th

To do discribe this first season I only can think of inconsistant. We started the season very good with 3 wins in our first 4 games, but from than on it only went down. We only had 3 good periods in our first season, but it was enough to survive. With 2 games to go we secured survival. Our main problem was scoring. Our topscorer only scored 6 goals. Our strikers scored only 4 goals together. Our best player of the intake was luckily for us also a striker. He scored as many goals as all our other strikers together. 

Games 1

Games 2

Serie D cup: was over after our first game.

Youth intake: forgot to take the most important screenshot, but got a couple players with potential. Besides our striker, they need a lot of training before they can be part of the first team.

Transfers: a lot of transfers were done before I arrived.

Finances: Teriible, so no change of upgrading anything.

Definitivo.png

2021 Youth Intake

2021 yoof

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

We got an upgrade!! After 2.5 seasons! We're now sat at Adequate youth coaching and Fairly Basic youth recruitment, but with the windfall of the £1m+ sale of academy graduate Nico Amadei, I think we'll be moving on quicker than I anticipated. As ever, I'll be focusing on 3* prospects and up. The upgrade has sure delivered already with this intake. Four players looking like they could do a job for us very soon. 

--------------------------------------------------

Key Prospects

AMLC Andrea CarlucciAndrea looks to be a shoe-in for the first team already. We've got options in the AM strata to use him, but I wonder if a retraining to a Box-to-Box midfielder might help him be a more consistent role in my first team

M/AML Luigi VivaniLuigi comes into a quite congested area of the pitch with no less than 4 players able to play AML and only a limited amount of games in which an AML is needed. Luckily he can play ML, which will mean he'll share time with Battestini for those games.

DC Marco PieriniMarco comes into the club with a lot of competition, but most of it not very good. If he can fulfil his promise as seen here, he should be commanding a starting role sooner, rather than later.

GK Andrea BaratellaAndrea finds himself in much the same situation as Pierini. A lot of competition, with only last year's graduate Pierpaolo Sau as realistic competition down the road

How far will YOUR youth go: 2021?

Just how local are my intakes? We have Adequate Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

This intake is our first with upgraded coaching, so has it improved the locality? Or do we need to improve our recruitment? Our three longest-travelled candidates are:

• YP1 Andrea Carlucci was born in Aprigliano, Italy, some 826 km away. The lower end of Italy is considered to be the poorer end. So it makes sense that the younger players are coming further north in order to secure a more lucrative contract
  • YP5 Gennaro Criscuolo was born in Marta, Italy, some 291km away. At a shade under 300km away, it's not the furthest we've had, but they could have trialled at ACF Fiorentina as they are the biggest team en route to us. Maybe we're second choice?
  • YP6 Manuel Manente was born in Zero Branco, ItalyAt 256km away, it's the closest of the three to our club, way up near the mountains, but the Two Gentlemen of Verona (Hellas and Chievo) are their closest big clubs. Perhaps he wasn't good enough for them?

The rest of our intake was within an hour of the stadium, so we are still getting quite local intakes, but the question remains that for for how long after the improvements are made?

15 minutes ago, Bartrcm said:

Mezzolara - Serie D/D -Season 2018-2019

Predicted: 17th

Final position: 11th

To do discribe this first season I only can think of inconsistant. We started the season very good with 3 wins in our first 4 games, but from than on it only went down. We only had 3 good periods in our first season, but it was enough to survive. With 2 games to go we secured survival. Our main problem was scoring. Our topscorer only scored 6 goals. Our strikers scored only 4 goals together. Our best player of the intake was luckily for us also a striker. He scored as many goals as all our other strikers together. 

Games 1

Games 2

Serie D cup: was over after our first game.

Youth intake: forgot to take the most important screenshot, but got a couple players with potential. Besides our striker, they need a lot of training before they can be part of the first team.

Transfers: a lot of transfers were done before I arrived.

Finances: Teriible, so no change of upgrading anything.

Well done on surviving, man!

Image result for ac locri relegation

2022/23 Mid-Season Update

887a8bd8a8899a3edc2a2c9507a02c4f.png

c0a9b56dcf5bcec947f6be27fbe95a72.png

We've been atrocious. OUr strong defence has turned to mush because of the quality they're up against. In the lower leagues we were scraping 1-0 wins, now the opposition are scoring first. We finished on a good point away at Fiorentina, but we've got a lot of work to do if we're going to stay up. Qatar World Cup gives us a couple of months off competitive matches - given the players all November off then in December we're training hard!

1832615565_CassinoCalcio1924_OverviewOverview.thumb.png.a7ecf879fbce8fc31248b6555284834d.png

If you come at the king, you best not miss. Currently top 4, unbeaten so far this season. That will of course change now that  I have said that. About to face the team top of the league. This will be a real test for us. Will do a full update when I get to the half-way stage. Fair to say though that I am enjoying this so far and my hope of not being sacked looks okay so far. If we can develop some of the players we have we have a chance to do well.

MzAZojf.jpg

End of Season - 2020/21

Transfers - Released

Twelve bought in and five leaving.I needed to bring in a lot of players to be able to compete in Serie B.One of the five leaving was actually bought in on a free so to make a £200k profit for a player who unerperformed for us was a good deal in my eyes.

Competitions

Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2

Serie B

FGrA607.png?1

Ended up being surprisingly easier than anticipated as Genoa went into complete bottle-job mode.We finished quite comfortable at the top as we lost once in the second half of the season which was to Venezia.My tactic of kick the opposition off the park worked a treat as we finished with the worst disciplinary record with 143 yellow cards and 7 red cards so it was surprising to see us at the top.The downside of this season was actually seeing Parma getting a second successive relegation,hopefully they will come straight back up as they were a decent team who had two underperforming managers.

Italian Cup - 1st Round

m7wiT1v.png?1

We beat Fano 4-1,Serie A side Bologna 3-2 and Verona 2-0 en-route to the first round.As for the first round,we were massively outclassed and probably should have lost in 90 minutes instead of extra time.The gulf in class was ridiculous which shows I have a lot of work to do in the future.(Napoli lost the title to Juventus on goal difference!)

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was a successful albeit dirty season as we won the title and set a record which is unlikely to be beaten in this save.I probably could have done better but as I predicted in pre-season,my attackers let me down.The wingers and Zemelo,I was fine with,the other striker role is one I need filling desperately.I think during pre-season,I will have to bring in quite a few players.I already have a new Keeper,a backup central defender and a striker coming in.All I need now are a left back,a right back,two central midfielders,two left wingers,a right winger and another striker (or two).My aim next season is just to survive as I've seen the gulf between the top teams and the lower first hand from the cup.

As for the financial side,doing well in the competitions actually helped us to improve something as our Junior Coaching actually went up to adequate,it may be a small step but it's the first step to making San Marino a team known throughout the world.As for reputation,we are now at 2.5* and have a national rep but we are still below teams in Serie C!I think a couple of seasons in Serie A will change that but for now we have a whole lot of work to do for the foreseeable future.

Season     Division       League      Italian Cup     Serie C/D Cup     Continental    Avg.Att       Notes
2018/19    Serie D/D       1st            N/A            Winners           N/A           356        Promotion!
2019/20    Serie C/B       1st            N/A            Winners           N/A           802      Treble Winners!
2020/21     Serie B        1st         1st Round           N/A             N/A          1,633       Promotion!
Season     Stadium Capacity    Corporate    Data Analysis   Training     Youth       J.Coaching    Y.Recruitement
2018/19         5,500          Adequate         N/A         Average     B.Average     Average       Fairly Basic
2019/20         5,500          Adequate         N/A         Average     B.Average     Average       Fairly Basic
2020/21         5,500          Adequate         N/A         Average     B.Average     Adequate      Fairly Basic

Great effort @smp20, you fought valiantly and that's about all you can ask for. I think one season back in Serie B to take stock and make some more additions should be all you need to go back up and stay up next time.

Also, congrats to @B.W.G on your promotion! You've done really well at building the squad so far so I think you've got a fair chance at staying up yourself. Nice to see you back on the forums too. 

MzAZojf.jpg

San Marino Calcio - Serie A

Pre-Season - 2021/22

Season Preview

Transfers - Released

I've done what I can,I've built for the future who can participate now in some regard.Ten Players in,with Dossena and Krapikas being the oldest at 22.Two loans out who in my eyes are playing so I am able to sell them in future.Fourteen players have been released in which they had no future at the club so it was for the best to get rid of them.

Pre-Season Fixtures

06RSMWI.png?1

Nothing too major over pre-season as the fixtures were to get the fitness of the players back.The only real major game was the Italian Cup qualifying match against Giana Erminio in which we were comfortable 3-0 victors which saw two debut goals for central defender Alberto Dossena.The 4th qualifying round will see us face Sampdoria or Crotone in December.

The Squads and Key Players

Senior Squad

Squad 1 - Squad 2

Under 20's

Squad

Under 18's

Squad 1 - Squad 2

Key Players

Tunahan Fidan

New signing and our best player in the team with regards to ability.Our record signing at £1.9 million,he will be key in the MC position.Was impressive in the cup game,hopefully he will carry on improving as we could have him for a while.

Cece Pepe

Probably the best free signing I will probably make.Should be able to compete at this level but will need to tone down his card collecting as he received 16 yellow cards and 1 red card last season.

Jacopo Serge

Another free transfer from last season,he has actually previously played in Serie A with Torino so I know he can compete at this level.Was a key player last season and that won't be any different this season.

Titas Krapikas

New first choice keeper due to the issues of Brancolini wanting to leave in which Krapikas was bought in as he has a better ability rating.I am hoping he can be one of the main reasons if we stay up.

Manager's Thoughts

Looking at the season preview,my aim is 16th as we are all at the same odds at 1000-1 so it will be tight at the bottom.I have absolutely no chance in challenging at the top due to the gulf in class.If we survive then I can start building up from next season as we will have a much better bank balance and the rep should be better as well which means I should be able to attract better players.With the better finances,I will also be looking to improve training and youth facilities as well as junior coaching.Let the real challenge begin now!

Archived