CB-s miss a lot of headers

I have set piece routines that seem good, and produce chances often, but my CB-s miss headers on goal nearly every time. Besides Heading, what other attribute would a goal-scoring CB have that mine don't? They have solid Heading (around 15). I thought Composure might be the issue, but not many big CB-s have a high Composure. Anyone who knows game mechanics care to comment?

Jumping, bravery, aggression, strength, and a little bit of off the ball.  I think jumping is the most important of them all.  Can he get there?  Aggression and bravery -- will he try?  Strength helps him muscle off defenders as he tries.  Off the ball -- does he know where to be to make the header attempt?

3 minutes ago, Enos said:

Jumping, bravery, aggression, strength, and a little bit of off the ball.  I think jumping is the most important of them all.  Can he get there?  Aggression and bravery -- will he try?  Strength helps him muscle off defenders as he tries.  Off the ball -- does he know where to be to make the header attempt?

Defenders get to the right area, but miss the target.

55 minutes ago, FrazT said:

A thing that I have noticed recently is that attackers don't appear to ever head the ball downwards, even if the header is uncontested.  It is pretty disheartening to watch countless attempts at goal sail over the bar.

It is something i noticed as well after it had been on here - surely it's one of the 'fundamentals' kids are taught to do. Attackers head down and defenders head up and away.

I have noticed more 'knock-downs' with the head in the area when attacking though.

10 hours ago, FrazT said:

A thing that I have noticed recently is that attackers don't appear to ever head the ball downwards, even if the header is uncontested.  It is pretty disheartening to watch countless attempts at goal sail over the bar.

Most commonly, it's this. The shot goes above the crossbar.

14 hours ago, FrazT said:

Thank heavens someone else has noticed this. If you play a cross-heavy system you constantly get highlights of the ball getting headed over the bar from 3-4 yards out - completely unrealistic.

Archived