FM09: Official Aston Villa F.C. Thread

SeanH91

That's a good deal for Reo-Coker, I only got £6.5M for him but that was in season 1

And no I didn't get a takeover :p, Every season I 've always opted for the lowest expectation

and I went a few seasons without buying any new players so that built it up.

I have alot of money coming in which helps.

4yr Kit sponsor - £7.59M per season

25yr Stadium Sponsor - £5M per season (Due to the new Stadium being built)

Made £55M on player sales this year (only spent £3M)

And it helps that my Wages are £700,000 below my budget (£1.5M)

I was the Richest club at the end of last season, then they decided to build a new stadium.

So now I'm sitting in 4th.

I should just become the clubs Financial Advisor and let them do what they want.

I am very stable financially...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Management, I thought they would so I tried it in a league cup game, which they smashed them, after that its all I use. Quick defenders though, the backline is pushed right up and the defenders have to be quick enough to catch any quick strikers before they score. My reserve team lost to tottenham in the 2nd leg of the league cup semi's, not too worried though, they could and maybe should have won. Is there anyway to get a player who failed a work permit, but signed anyway, to get another assessment of his wp? Josiel has played 15 games for brazil's u23 since I signed him and sent him off to my belgium feeder club, definately would pass the wp now.

Is there anyway to get a player who failed a work permit, but signed anyway, to get another assessment of his wp? Josiel has played 15 games for brazil's u23 since I signed him and sent him off to my belgium feeder club, definately would pass the wp now.

Just offer him a new contract...

I did that with my lil' 18yo NZ regen, and he's only just had his first First Team appearance.

He accepted the offer and then he was eligible to play for me.

They didn't even mention WP's.

I'll have to give your tactic a go another time as I don't have the right players for the positions needed.

I have a few MCs on hand but my best players in the midfielders are wingers and not MR/Ls

which is not going to help it much.

Maybe if I tweak the MR & ML to be more forward but until then I won't know for sure.

By the way guys, what do you think of Bruce? As I've been playing him in the league cup and such, but have high hopes for his future, especially as I paid 6m for him. A bit of a gamble, but do believe he will be class.

He doesn't look too bad at all

He could improve in positioning & composure, abit more in strength (but these things will come I guess),

but looks like a decent player.

Do you use him primarily as a winger or a Striker?

I picked up this AMR/ST at 18 on a free. I use him more as a winger

What do you think of him?

14vmb2o.jpg

lol, nice, if you ever sell him, you should make a great profit considering he cost nothing. :thup:

Oh, and I use bruce as winger usually, purely as i usually play 1 striker in LC with my youth out, and Macheda goes up front, and need a RM so he fits the bill.

Alcatel: Well, might have to agree with management, but, what're your transfers in and out so far? Because I'd say, you need a back up winger, at least one cm, 2 if your on an updated db, a fast striker, as I just can't see Heskey and Carew hitting the big heights, but should do well with someone decent alongside them. Maybe get a full back as well. And if your on new patch, you need a cb, as Larson is no longer there, and needs replacing.

ive brought in a couple of players like delph, beckford, eidur gudjonsson on loan with view to buy, mokoena and robert lewandowski

right so last season, i joined in march with the club in 16th and facing possible relegation.

got us up to 14th and MON had made a 50M profit on transfers

so major rebuilding was needed

i ripped apart the team keeping only 5 players in the squad

hs3ts8.png

leaving the squad like this

24wzll4.png

I beat barca in preseason and grabbed a 2-0 win on the opener vs spurs

Good side you've got there seanydude , should do much better than last season :thup:

By the way, things are looking rosy for my villa side, it's Jan 19th and here's the premiership top 7:

1st: A Villa Played 21, Points: 55

2nd: Everton Played 24 , Points: 51

3rd: Tottenham Played 23 , Points: 48

4th: Arsenal Played 22 , Points: 47

5th: Chelsea Played 20 , Points: 43

6th: Man Utd Played 22 , Points: 42

7th: Man City Played 21 , Points: 40

So the premiership's been great so far, we've just knocked Arsenal out of the League Cup Semis (2-0 & 1-0) and we won every group game in the Europa League and are looking forward to our match with HSV. So yeah, will tell you how it goes come the end of th season.

Slowly making my way through 2021/22 season (been busy with other things).

I will give you all an update on how I got on when the seasons complete.

I thought I'd just show you my new kit for the upcoming 2022/23 season.

New Stadium = New Kits = New look for the club.

29wjtk2.png

(White - Away, Red - Home)

Thinking about maybe trying to tweak the Clubs emblem aswell...

By the way, in the end I won the League Cup and the Premierleague comfortably, but failed in the Q/F of the Europa League to Liverpool on away goals. In the summer I've picked up the England job a few promising players have been bought, such as Mats Hummels, Federico Fazio, and John Fleck, whilst some players have left, such as cristaldo for 7.5m (profit of 7.3m :)), Hart, marcano, delph, and Connor Wickham. So off for next season, which I believe is my 5th with the club.

By the way, really like the kits Management :thup:

Just finished my 1st season 6th and a Europa League place, probably would have finished higher but it took until the end of October for me to find a tactic that worked. I'm fairly happy particularly with Gabby Agbonlahor who finished leagues top scorer with 22goals in 36 appearances and Defour who was unlucky finishing second in the Players Player of the year. Let in far to many goals though.

Will need to strengthen at centre-back and get in another defensive midfielder, but other than that I don't think I buy too many players for the first team.

Just finished my 1st season 6th and a Europa League place, probably would have finished higher but it took until the end of October for me to find a tactic that worked. I'm fairly happy particularly with Gabby Agbonlahor who finished leagues top scorer with 22goals in 36 appearances and Defour who was unlucky finishing second in the Players Player of the year. Let in far to many goals though.

Will need to strengthen at centre-back and get in another defensive midfielder, but other than that I don't think I buy too many players for the first team.

If you want good youngsters:

Joe Mattock

Mark Beevers

Alexis Sanchez

Albert Paloschi

Vincenzo Fiorillo

Franco Zucullini

Carlos Vela

Gio Dos Santos

Matej Rapnik(free)

Sofiane Feghouli

Toni Kroos

Mario Balotelli

John Fleck

Mamadou Sakho

Henri Saivet

Davide Santon

Georginio Wijnaldum

Rodney Snejdier(Weskey's brother, spelling maybe wrong)

Gareth Bale

Angel Di Maria

Benedikt Howedes

Alex Teixeira

Alan Dzagoev

Diego Buonanotte

Jack Wilshere

Eden Hazard

Nicolas N'Koulou

Cristian Ansaldi

Nacar Barazite

Taison

Tales

Sotiris Ninis

Also... throw Anderson Martins in there as another DC option..

I had him playing alongside Benedikt Howedes after I sold Davies to Everton.

He'll also become a British National after 5 seasons and probably play for England.. as he did on mine.

(Although.. I was the England Manager at the time :D )

Coming towards the second season kick-off, and I have to say it's been quite turbulent, most of my top players have been subject to bids from the major clubs; I've managed to keep hold of them all except Steven Defour, who I sold to Real for £25m. But the rest are unsettled particularly Milner and Pandev. I've replaced Defour with Wijnaldum so I should be alright there, but could probably do with another CB and DM.

If you want good youngsters:

Joe Mattock

Mark Beevers

Alexis Sanchez

Albert Paloschi

Vincenzo Fiorillo

Franco Zucullini

Carlos Vela

Gio Dos Santos

Matej Rapnik(free)

Sofiane Feghouli

Toni Kroos

Mario Balotelli

John Fleck

Mamadou Sakho

Henri Saivet

Davide Santon

Georginio Wijnaldum

Rodney Snejdier(Weskey's brother, spelling maybe wrong)

Gareth Bale

Angel Di Maria

Benedikt Howedes

Alex Teixeira

Alan Dzagoev

Diego Buonanotte

Jack Wilshere

Eden Hazard

Nicolas N'Koulou

Cristian Ansaldi

Nacar Barazite

Taison

Tales

Sotiris Ninis

I have more than 3 quaters of them in my shortlist saved aswell as 5 or 6 in my default shortlist and i have signed Mark Beevers and Feghouli so far from them all, i have around double maybe triple that amount above, although there are a few there i don't know and a few i forgot about mate, cheers for takin the time to write all them for me bud :thup:

Just a quick update for my 2021/2022 season... Will do more in depth towards the start of the next season.

Competitions

Premier League: 3rd W:26 D:5 L:7 GF:63 GA:27 Pts:83 (2nd-4th seperated by 6 goals difference)

Winner: Man City (They absolutely dominated this season ending with 98 points and a GD of 68)

Champions League: Lost to Man City in the Quarterfinals (3-2)

FA Cup: Lost in the 5th round to Everton (3-2)

League Cup: Lost on away Goals to Arsenal in the SemiFinals (5-5)

Awards

Player of the Year: Ricky Carr

Young Player OTY: Jaime Aristibazal, Carlos Runner up & James Zilic came in third.

Not too bad considering all these guys will be leading my team in a couple of years.

Top Performers

Ricky Carr - Played:41(7) Goals:17 Rating: 7.25

Joel Nilsson - Played:38(1) Goals:12 Rating:7.23

Carlos - Played:53(2) Goals:7 Rating: 7.19

Martin Galvan - Played:35(1) Goals:8 Rating:7.11

That's all I have for now.. I'll do a more thorough update at some stage.

Not long started my Villa save, didn't do so well at the start but i knew there was something there and it would be a few games before my players got to gel together properly. Here are my results and transfers in and out :

Aston Villa 3-0 Honka - Euro Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 1

Newcastle 2-1 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 0-2 West Ham

Honka 0-4 Aston Villa - Euro Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd Leg 2

Middlesbrough 1-2 Aston Villa ( After being 1-0 down at H.T )

Aston Villa 3-3 Pompey

Aston Villa 3-0 Metalist - Euro Cup 1st Rnd Leg 1

Arsenal 0-1 Aston Villa ( Jack Collison 88 :D )

Aston Villa 1-0 Southend

Aston Villa 1-0 Wigan

Metalist 2-3 Aston Villa - Euro Cup 1st Rnd Leg 2

Man City 2-1 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 4-2 Fulham

Aston Villa 0-2 Ac Milan - Euro Group Stage

Top Scorer - Agbonlahor 6

Assists - Agbonlahor 5

8th in the league

i think the team are coming together :)!

Transfers Out :

Stuart Taylor - 2.5m - Chelsea

Marlon Harewood - 7.5m - Sunderland ( all over 24 months )

Marc Albrighton - Loan - Cheltenham

Barry Bannan - Loan - Bury

Nathan Baker - Loan - Hartlepool

Ciaran Clark - Loan - Bury

Moustapha Salifou - Free

= £10m

Transfers In :

Sofiane Feghouli - 5m

Mark Beevers - 1.8m

Jack Collison - 4.5m

Joe Mattock - 2.7m

= £14m

i'm one of the proud Villa manager..i start the game and now in 2013 i've become world class manager and turn Villa into the top-4 teams..sit 4th place last season eventhough share same point with Newcastle..

As for me..i love damn much Nigel Reo Coker & James Milner..these two player worth to keep

I kept Milner until season 2 then shipped him off to Sunderland for £12.5Mil. He's still there in 2022

As for Reo-Coker, he didn't even last a month with me. I deemed him surplus as I had Barry, Beckham, Petrov, & Appiah to fill the 2 Midfield spots. He also went to Sunderland but for only £6.5Mil, then moved around a bit

Aston Villa >£6.5M Sunderland >£7.5M Liverpool >£3.2M Fulham >£3.3M Liverpool >Retired

I'm guessing you're on an updated database, where they'll be more important to the squad, unlike to me on 9.0.2.

You should be able to find real good replacements for them if you feel the need to sell too.

Nice one mate. Some teams have really struggled in that season though. Arsenal losing 11 is a rare occurrence on my games.

squas512.png

Here's my squad now for the new season, hoping to sell Kuzmanovic as he is doing my head in. Asenjo, Zapata and Paloschi all dislike him. Hoppefully sell young too as I have to many AM and he's the weakest.

Looks good. Really nice to see another 532er. :thup:

Archived