FM2009 Rate My Team Thread

arsenal_2111

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, this is my first XI with the first choice back-ups. Liverpool, start of 3rd season.

GK: Pepe Reina (Bart Janssen [regen])

DR: Darijo Srna (Glen Johnson)

DL: Marcelo (Joe Mattock)

DC: Jamie Carragher (Christoph Metzelder)

DC: Daniel Agger (Mark Beevers)

aMC: Steven Gerrard (Fabian Delph)

dMC: Javier Mascherano (Gokhan Inler)

AMR: Lionel Messi (Maxi Rodriguez)

AML: Andres Guardado (Daniel Sturridge)

AMC: Sergio Aguero (Giuseppe Rossi)

ST: Fernando Torres (Krisztian Nemeth)

Other notables: Marquinhos, Santon, Wilshere, Eduardo Salvio

I have tried to build the most British team possible while still maintaining a quality squad. Obviously players like Rooney, Walcott, etc are out of the window because of inflated transfer fees. This has left me slightly short in some areas though (e.g. Sturridge isn't the best left winger in the world)

Also, I try to avoid 'galactico' style signings, but I got Aguero on a good deal involving giving them Babel and Insua, and Messi signed a new contract with a £35m release clause, so I couldn't really turn them down.

Everton FC 3rd season:

------------------------HOWARD--------------------------

AZPILCUETA---------PEPE------FAZIO------------MARCELO

MARQUINHOS-------KAKA------VIEIRA-----------CASSANO

----------------AGUERO------IBRAHIMOVIC---------------

SUBS:

R.RIOU

LESCOTT

FELLAINI

SANCHEZ

RIQUELME

DIEGO

GIOVINCO

BAINES

KALOU

CANALES

GOSLING

Before anyone starts the usual ''uv cheated'' i aint in the slightest. the key ingredient to signing these big players is simple.... buy players in the 1st season u know u can sell for alot more a season or 2 later. eg, Defour(bought 5m, sold 20m), Milevskyi(bought 7m, sold 21m), Pandev(boght 8m, sold 30m).

If you can also get some succes out the players u will be able to attract better players pretty quickly as money really talks in this game. and secondly i was aided by the fact that since i moved Ibrahimovic to barcelona he wasnt 1st choice for whatever reason, and the same goes with kaka and diego.

i won the league in my 2nd season and if i didnt i wouldnt have been able to get these players.

also selling players like Yobo and Arteta for 20m and 25m also boosts ur money bigtime. and most of the transfers are done over 24 months so u can spend considerably more than ur budget states. but beware if u dont do well u will go bust!!

Inter team second season patch 9.3.0 playing a diamond formation:

GK: Julio Cesar (Vid Belec)

DR: Maicon (Santon)

DL: Marcelo (Javier Zanetti)

DC: Walter Samuel (Chivu)

DC: Pique (Cordoba)

DMC: Mascherano (Cambiasso)

MC: Gerrard (Aquilani)

MC: Sneijder (Muntari)

AMC: Kaka (Dzagoev)

FC: Giuseppe Rossi (Diego Milito)

FC: Aguero (Balotelli)

Just before christmas in season 1 as Arsenal

GK

Almunia

Fabianski

Mannone

RB

Sagna

Eboue

LB

Clichy

Traore

Gibbs

CB

Gallas

Vermaelen

Djourou

Senderos

Silvestre

CM

Fabregas

Veloso

Palombo

Nasri

Ramsey

LM

Arshavin

Rosicky

RM

Walcott

Santon

ST

Eduardo

Pato

V Persie

Vela

Bentder

Hazard

Im currently playing 442;

--------------Almunia

Sagna--Vermaelen--Gallas--Clichy

--------Palmobo--Fabregas

Walcott----------------------Arshavin

----------?????--?????

Any ideas who i should play upfront and how would you rate the squad?

Mooono

i'd say maybe get a better left back? but that just depends on where you're playing players like Sakho

also i think you could have better box to box CMs instead of just the 2 that you seem to have, alot of attacking talent though, must be fun to watch ;) no idea how you'd be able to keep all of them happy though without rotating endlessly.

Mooono

You have little to no defensive steel in your midfield. Camacho is the only recognised DMC you have and even he isn't the strongest around. You could get bullied off the park quite easily with a team like that. Although if the results are going for you, than I doubt it matters much.

RooneyRonaldo

How did you get enough money to sign Asenjo, Sakho, Mascherano, Fabregas, Silva, Mata, Clichy and Torres in a single season? For one Torres, Silva and Fabregas wouldn't be released for anything less than £80m. Mascherano would cost around £50m, while Mata and Clichy would probably set you back around £20-30m. Sakho and Asenjo would also look to set you back around £20m combined. I know Barcelona are rich but I doubt they are that rich even if you managed to sell players.

Either way, its a really strong team, which I doubt can be improved. Only addition's I would make is Chiellini and Kaka.

sorry, as i was replying to Moono you posted your team, but i edited it and it's all sorted now :D

but looking at your team, atm it looks pretty much perfect, but with players like Mascherano, Xavi and Iniesta are getting on abit (i'm by no means saying they won't still do a great job for another few years though) you could look to get some replacements for them, Camacho would be perfect :thup:

Mooono

You have little to no defensive steel in your midfield. Camacho is the only recognised DMC you have and even he isn't the strongest around. You could get bullied off the park quite easily with a team like that. Although if the results are going for you, than I doubt it matters much.

RooneyRonaldo

How did you get enough money to sign Asenjo, Sakho, Mascherano, Fabregas, Silva, Mata, Clichy and Torres in a single season? For one Torres, Silva and Fabregas wouldn't be released for anything less than £80m. Mascherano would cost around £50m, while Mata and Clichy would probably set you back around £20-30m. Sakho and Asenjo would also look to set you back around £20m combined. I know Barcelona are rich but I doubt they are that rich even if you managed to sell players.

Either way, its a really strong team, which I doubt can be improved. Only addition's I would make is Chiellini and Kaka.

not got torres or asenjo yet but will attempt if barca offer me more transfer funds. i'm assuming i got them

i sold the whole team: ibra, henry, marquez, milito, abidal, maxwell, hleb, henrique, cacares, toure, keita and some more players. got loads of money.

btw, did u know u can sell each player for double their value?

Apart from Sergio Aguero, you don't seem to have made any big name signings really

I'd definitely took to improve at right back, a lot of people have opted for either Davide Santon or Cesar Azpilicueta, the latter usually being the more expensive option but he's a bit older so should be able to go straight into your first team, although by the looks of your current right backs, so could Santon :thup:

It might also be a good idea to get a really good quality 'keeper in to replace Van Der Sar as Foster never really becomes world class.

And although it's not a major problem, i'd look to get someone of real star quality at centre mid to run the show for your team and supply balls to Ronaldo, Rooney and Aguero

You could sell Berbatov to fund most of these transfers :thup:

Pera isn't too bad at right back when I put him there but he's mainly just cover. I sold Rafeal to Villa but put a buy back clause in his contract hoping he will mature there then I'll get him back for a cut price. I've been thinking about selling Berbatov he hasn't done much for me so far this season whenever given the chance, Scholes' contract runs out at the end of the season and I'll be looking to sell either Carrick or Hargeaves then depending on who does better then I'll build up my squad from there.

I'll be looking into players pointed out though cheers for advice :D

manutdteam.png

I honestly have no way to improve X_X This is 2012, just started the season.

Who should I buy then to help improve my team?

I have £114m left to spend - may raise to £144m, £174m once my fees for Rafael and Keirrison come through.

I know Marcelo isn't the best option defensively, but for now he's doing the job and theres not much choice left to buy as Vargas is at Man City and Clichy and Ashley Cole just signed new 5 year deals.

I play a 4-1-3-2 formation.

My main line up is;

Mandanda

Srna - Vidic - Evans - Marcelo

Hamsik/Camacho

Ronaldo - Aguero - Messi

Rooney - Benzema

Subs:

David (good regen)

Cazpilicuenta

Sakho

Hamsik/Camacho (whoever isn't playing)

Balotelli

Sanchez

Rossi

I understand I need another more defensive midfielder, but I believe with the way I play, Hamsik and Camacho are enough.

Also, I will be selling Anderson, Zapata, Marquinho's and perhaps Sanchez next summer - all with buy-back clauses just in-case.

Fiorentina in 2014:

Frei

Behrami - Gamberini - Chygrynskiy - Vargas

Montolivo - Inler

Marquinhos ---------------- Douglas Costa

Gillardino - Guilherme

I also have some very good depth; Xabi Alonso and a great regen back up midfield, Florillo backs up Frei, Gokhan Tore and Ibrahim Afellay back up both wings, and I've got two good regen strikers. Diakite is also hanging around. My FBs are a regen and Kolodziejczak.

We won the treble last season, but I got a lot of lucky draws in the CL and CI.

GK: Akinfeev (arrive January)

RB: Sagna

LB: Clichy

CB: Senderos

CB: Toure

CM: Fabregas

CM: Joao Moutinho

AMR: Camorenasi (looking to bring in replacement)

AML: Ashley Young (arrives January)

AMC: Diego (arrives January)

ST: Adebayor/Milevskyi/Vela (Milevskyi coming in January)

I accepted the Arsenal job in September, I'm in 3rd season, currently starting December.

• 3 weeks later...

Schalke, 2nd Season

-------------Neurer---------------

Rafinha-Howedes-Bordon-Westermann

--------------Jones----------------

Farfan---Rakitic---Moutinho----Pander

----------------Fleck---------------

subs

Lobont

Santon

Metzelder

Papadapoulos

Metzelder

Grimi

Zuculini

Halil

Engelaar

Canales

Sanchez

Delfouneso

Schalke, 3rd Season

1st XI

GK: Neurer

RB: Rafinha

LB: Westermann

CB: Bordon

CB: Howedes

RM: Santon

LM: M. Fernandez

CM: Topolski (regen)

CM: Moutinho

ST: Fleck

ST: Altidore

2nd XI

GK: James

RB: Hejduk

LB: Grimi

CB: Metzelder

CB: Papadapoulus

RM: Farfan

LM: Sanchez

CM: Rakitic

CM: Zuculini

ST: Defouneso

ST: Balotelli

• 2 weeks later...

aston villa 2nd season,

GK: Ben foster, brad fridel

LB, kolarov ,bouma

RB: jiranek, luke yuong

CB: coloccini,simunic

CB:curtis davis

ORM: santana, milner

OLM: a.young, M. fernandez

MC. moutinho, R elm

MC.m. veloso, stilliyan petrov

FV. cardozo. heskey

FV. M.berg, serhat koc

• 2 months later...

Adler

Cliche ( dont knwo how to spell his name )

Thiago silva

Chillieni

Richards

Robinho ( iknow overated but he acttually ahs done well 23 goals )

Velosso

Modric

Ireland ( swap with the experiance of deco and patrick viera )

frank Ribery

Dzeko ( on bench teves and adebayor )

Man city..

Yes i know they have alot of money but i took a pledge to only use half of their transfer kitty (Y)

so now im on level playing field...

first season Fa cup, League Cup, Premier League

Second Chairty shield, Fa cup League cup Premier League, Champions Cup

and currently preparing for an Aussault on the rest of the teams going to spend 35m of the 113m available on 7 new young players so i can get rid of all the older players like viera deco and the rest of my bench..

Archived