Travelogue -- a Journeyman starting in 2050

MarcxD

May 2052

may.png

We won the last game but we still had to play the play-offs, which we won, so at least some continental football next year.

may_final_league_table.png

4th place, ouch. Feyenoord had a really good season... let's forget this one quickly and try and win the league next season again

jupiler_league_51_52.png

The Jupiler League, for @Minuy600 - Almere got promoted :) 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Tough season but hopefully, the youngsters benefited from the playing time.

They have definitely progressed a lot but the down side is that some are being sought after already by foreign clubs...

Season Review 2051-2052

season_review_51_52.png

Apart from a surprisingly strong Champions League run a very disappointing season, we lost our first game and could never recover to fight for the title. 

best_eleven_51_52.png

A very strong season from González, who replaced Bergonzi as first choice striker. 

squad_51_52.png

Promising stuff from a bunch of players like Joel Eduardo, Stekelenburg, Cristea, Mateo.... Stekelenburg is clearly the best player at the club, but he won't stay for long I'm afraid. He has one more year on his contract, lots of European top clubs after him and he won't renew.

pablo_mateo_talent_of_the_year.png

One award this year...

There have been a few records though.

gonzalez_36_goals_record.png

Lucassen_eredivisie_average_rating_record.png

lucassen_assists_record.png

excel.png

This is the first time I'm thinking about this, but I'm curious what happens with the EL playoffs once the Netherlands reaches the top 4 in UEFA's coefficients ranking. Would it mean the top 4 go to the CL, the number 5 and KNVB Beker winners go to the EL and a playoff is played among teams ranked 6th to 9th?

10 minutes ago, Timetxu said:

This is the first time I'm thinking about this, but I'm curious what happens with the EL playoffs once the Netherlands reaches the top 4 in UEFA's coefficients ranking. Would it mean the top 4 go to the CL, the number 5 and KNVB Beker winners go to the EL and a playoff is played among teams ranked 6th to 9th?

Good question, that happened in my first FM18 save with AFC but I don't actually remember.  Because I still have the savefile I looked it up!

rules.png

You were quite right.

Pre-Season 2052

We are expected to finish second again, and let's make sure this time we don't underperform. Hopefully we can be a little more consistent, have some fun in the Europa League and win our second title.

pre_season_2052.png

Good to get four big wins in pre-season, but all opponents were of poor quality.

transfers.png

An interesting transfer summer... Quite a few sales of players who were in their last years of contract, most importantly of course the big Stekelenburg transfer to Manchester United. I sold him because he had only one year remaining on his deal and it wasn't looking likely he would renew. Getting almost 50M going up to almost 65M for a one-year contract seems like a good deal to me. I did not replace him directly with a transfer, since there are a number of young talented AMC's at the club from previous transfer dealings already. Some loan fees and perhaps surprisingly I decided to sell Bergonzi. I did this because I decided on buying Carmona, a 23-year old striker who is better than Bergonzi and hopefully with a long staying power. Having three first-team senior strikers for my tactic is overkill so Bergonzi had to go. Also continuing the loan politics. It's not like we need the money really but if you can get some extra money in there's really no reason not to.

August 2052

august.png

A strong start to the season this time around, we were a lot luckier with the starting opponents than last year though. Also we have pretty much secured our place in the EL groups. 

august_league_table.png

One of three teams who are on perfect scores, including Fortuna! Feyenoord and Utrecht also still unbeaten. PSV on two losses already.

august_100_games.png

First milestone of this career has been reached.

September 2052

september.png

Another very good month, just AZ screwing up what could've been a perfect month. We safely qualified for the Europa League where we absolutely demolished Zorya in the first group match.

september_league_table.png

In first now, us and Feyenoord are the only unbeaten teams left. Note PSV in thirteenth position.

september_EL_draw.png

To be complete here is the EL group, normally us and Lazio should easily go through.

October 2052

october.png

Another good month although the wins weren't as big. Important away win against Lazio so first place in the group seeming very likely, also always lovely to beat PSV.

october_league_table.png

Still doing fantastically well, but Feyenoord is not letting up!

20 hours ago, Goofan said:

Following this and liking it! Could we perhaps see some screenshots of your best players and how the  younger products have developed now that we are 3 seasons in? 

Thank you, I can definitely do that.

13 hours ago, cerud said:

Much better start to the season
:applause:

Cheers.

Talent watch november 2052

I'll just show what are probably the 5 best players at the club right now and another squad view, if anyone wants to see anyone else let me know.

r7Ta3nl.png

Carmona.png

Carmona is the striker I paid 25M for. I liked the look of him a lot and I still do, and I'm curious to see how he can develop further. His first few games were a bit rough but after that he started scoring very regularly.

Mombo.png

Mombo had been my biggest purchase before that, and I still really like him. He might not be the best midfielder at the club anymore though.

Pluta.png

That's probably Pluta. He already looked great when I bought him in after breaking through at his first club, so I can't really take the credit for any of these as some sort of scouting masterpiece. His development has been phenomenal and I hope he can stick around during my stay here.

Then I should get to the central defenders. 

Trandu.png

A similar story like Pluta, I signed him around the same time. He was already capped as a Romanian international and played one full season in Romania. Really curious to see how good he can become.

eduardo.png

But this is probably the guy I'm most excited about. Honestly he might turn out to be the best player I've ever managed, although of course you never know when he peaks. If that doesn't happen soon he could be something very special....

He looked crazy good when I signed him at sixteen for 100K (!), and he became a first team player right away. Now he looks crazy good for an 18-year old and I just got him to sign a new deal until 2057.

Maybe I should just train his leadership a bit. 

November 2052

november.png

A perfect month, including a win over Feyenoord! This season is looking better and better.

november_league_table.png

Screwed up a bit with the timing of this screenshot but we can have a 6 points lead on Utrecht and 8 on Feyenoord.

16 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Shame about last season but looks like that was just a blip and you're coming back strong now.

Yeah, perhaps I went a bit too wild with getting rid of the more experienced players, we just were too inconsistent. Luckily with the bad years Ajax have had in this save the pressure wasn't too bad.

December 2052

december.png

Ouch, two unnecessary defeats in a row - we dominated both matches but just couldn't finish our chances. A good thing we built up a buffer in the league... 

december_league_table.png

A lead of 3 points on Utrecht and 5 on Feyenoord left. Just making it a bit more exciting I guess.

December_EL_group.png

Easily won the group, but perhaps surprisingly Austrian side LASK got through in stead of Lazio.

december_EL_draw.png

Fenerbahce up next, interesting draw. AZ and PSV are also here, but they have drawn some harsh opposition. Lusitano's here too!

december_youth_facilities_upgraded.png

I think this should be the last upgrade done to the youth facilities...

december_training_facilities_upgrade_approved.png

And these should be the final training facility upgrades.

loanee_bison_golden_boy.png

One of the young players got golden boy. but when you take a closer look...

bison.png

I mean he's 18 and exciting but it's likely the game got confused by his goalscoring record in the Dutch third tier.

January 2053

A huge transfer month, as I decided to spend some more money...

transfers_incoming.png

A few younger players but El Badry is the biggest purchase so far, a very good 23-year old AML. Mazzoli is an experienced right back who'll be a good back up for a few years.

january_badry.png

The big downside is his wages, which had to be big since I bought him from Spurs. He looks really good though, so happy with the transfer. Spurs had transfer listed him.

transfers_outgoing.png

I did not sell anyone but a bunch of loans were agreed to. Jelic is now third-choice AML, I tried to sell him on right away but the offers were bad so I'll try again in the summer.

eduardo_biggest_offer.png

I had the chance of a big sale by the way, but I rejected Man City's offer.

spenders_january.png

First time a club managed by me has shown up in this little graph...

january.png

The games went well, and we're through to the semi final of the Cup, where we'll face Feyenoord.

januay_league_table.png

a lead of 5 points on both Feyenoord and Utrecht, 8 on AZ.

February 2053

february.png

A strong month although we were defeaten by AZ in the league.... Through in the Europa League though, after two ridiculous matches against Fenerbahce... 7 goals from Carmona!

februray_league_table.png

2 points left on Utrecht, who are having an incredible season really. Feyenoord's still in the race as well.

5 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Wow, Nottingham Forest must've improved a lot if they are the biggest spenders now. How is their history?

This is their 8th straight year in the PL (after previous shorter spells), but they're in 17th, 11th is their highest finish ever. To be fair though, their spending wasn't crazy for a PL club, and they spent more in January than they had done in the summer.

More crazy I think is Watford is currently in first place. 

March 2053

march.png

Strong month, we beat Feyenoord in the Cup, PSV in the league and we are through in the Europa League!

march_league_table.png

Championship within reach, a huge lead of 8 points now. 6 more games to go.

Loving being almost 30 points ahead of PSV :lol:

youth_intake_53.png

Another trash intake, I only signed one player.

yp53a.png

GK's are hard for me to properly rate at this young age, but at least his name is awesome.

April 2053

april.png

Let's just ignore that Feynoord game. Or really all the Eredivisie games this month. We beat West Ham 9-2 over two matches. That's the important bit.

april_league_table.png

If we screw this up...

May 2053

may.png

cup_win.png

title_win.png

el_win.png

What a month, fantastic results -- we won a treble!

final_league_table.png

Champions on the last matchday and only 2 points ahead. I feel a bit bad for FC Utrecht, they had a fantastic season but in the end they miss out on European football...

jupiler_league.png

4 points away from the safe places, not too bad of an effort. Interesting to see vv Gemert do a pretty stellar job finishing 13th in the JL.

Pretty sure you answered this before, but are you gonna stay with Ajax untill you've won the CL?

7 minutes ago, noikeee said:

That was very tight at the top of the table, but brilliant cleanout of trophies at the end! Congrats!

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

4 points away from the safe places, not too bad of an effort. Interesting to see vv Gemert do a pretty stellar job finishing 13th in the JL.

Pretty sure you answered this before, but are you gonna stay with Ajax untill you've won the CL?

I'll do a minimum of two more seasons at Ajax, after that I'm going to evaluate whether I want to stay or move on. CL success can be a factor, as are any interesting opportunities

9 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Great season, UCL next?

Thank you, I don't think we can compete with the likes of Man City yet, but with a bit of a lucky draw we could do very well. 

Season Review 2052-2053

season_review_52_53.png

A fantastic season overall, in some ways it couldn't be better since we won every competition we entered!

best_eleven_52_53.png

Ali el Badry very clearly not an MC, but I guess the game wanted Mateo in the first XI as well, understandable. Loving those average ratings.

EL_squad_of_the_season.png

gk_of_the_year.png

mateo_talent_of_the_year.png

Clean sweep in the talent of the year category...

pluta_player_of_the_year.png

manager_of_the_year.png

excel.png

Pre-Season 2053

transfers.png

Brought in two wingers for 10M+, figuring as back-up and rotational players. One big sale this year in Mateo, he needs to be the key star in a team and he just can't be here.

pre_season.png

A fantastic pre-season where we won all friendlies and won both super cup games!

CL_draw.png

A tough group in the champions league.

September 2053

september.png

Not a good month really. Keeping Benfica to a draw is not too bad, to be fair, but needing extra time to beat Emmen in the Cup and losing to Utrecht, who are a real rival for the title now, leaves a bad taste.

september_league_table.png

Not only are we in second place but we also let Feyenoord creep up.

October 2053

october.png

Another disappointing away loss, this time against PSV. Otherwise a good month with two CL home wins!

october_league_table.png

Utrecht lost (to AZ), but Feyenoord is now on equal points as us. AZ getting on a run and possibly close as well.

December 2053

december.png

Fantastic and perfect month with another win over PSG and some high-scoring peformances domestically.

december_CL_group.png

Very comfortably won the group, pretty surprising. As is Benfica going through ahead of PSG. That might be our doing actually since we drew them and beat PSG twice.

december_league_table.png

Looking strong so far, but Utrecht is having another really good season.

december_CL_draw.png

Man Utd up next, that should be a tough game. Some surprising names here in Watford, two French sides but no PSG or Lyon and FC Midtjylland.

el_badry_african_footballer_of_the_year.png

Very good to see, he was also named in the team of the year and won midfielder of the year.

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

On a roll here, although Utrecht seem to want to emulate what you're doing!

That's a funky CL knockout stage, but to be fair we are in 2053...

Thank you, it would be fun if gets more crazy later on. Perhaps.

January - February 2054

I simply forgot to take a screenshot of the league table after January so two months at once this time around.

january_february.png

It might actually show in a better way how well we're doing right now, it seems like we're unstoppable. February was even more remarkable with 5 straight league wins without conceding any goals.

february_league_table.png

Utrecht has finally let up, for real, so this title is going be very easy.

transfers_incoming.png

I signed one player, an aging but very good central defender from Dortmund.

transfers_outgoing.png

I sold two players - González was very good but wasn't playing very much anymore and it would give an opportunity to one of the young strikers to take the second choice striker spot, I recalled Verhelst from loan and you can see his name pop up a couple of times already among the goalscorers in the screenshot above.

Pantovic was a defender that wanted to leave and that I replaced with Borel.

january_training_facilities_upgraded.png

Final upgrade done.

March 2054

march.png

In a way not so good since we dropped some points and couldn't keep up the streak... Otherwise, we comfortably beat Feyenoord in the cup, beat Man Utd in the CL and beat rivals PSV 4-0.

march_league_table.png

8 points lead on Utrecht, 9 on Feyenoord. Still secure.

march_CL_draw.png

Sporting up next.

march_youth_intake.png

Another trash youth intake, the worst one yet even. Not really sure why this is happening, the HoYD is decent, the facilities are great... it's ajax ffs

I've also highlighted the first Andorran player I've got through the youth intakes. (My manager has Andorran nationality)

April 2054

april.png

What a month, fantastic results and our goalscoring record is crazy right now. Not only did we do fantastically well in the league, we also demolished Sporting in the Champions League and it looks like we're going to beat Watford (of all teams) in the semi final. Chelsea or Bordeaux would then await in the final. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

april_league_table.png

april_title_win.png

The title is ours, clearly. Look at those goals scored, we broke the record!

april_x_dutch_hall_of_fame.png

april_200_games_milstone.png

Great work in the league and Europe!

That Andorran kid may be trash for you but could he become legend for the national team? Imagine him playing somewhere in Segunda most of his career down line..

Archived