Travelogue -- a Journeyman starting in 2050

MarcxD

6 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Great work in the league and Europe!

That Andorran kid may be trash for you but could he become legend for the national team? Imagine him playing somewhere in Segunda most of his career down line..

Thank you.

I'm afraid he is not even up to that level. That would be cool though.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 2054

may.png

may_cup_win.png

may_CL_win.png

Holy ****. We did it.... A clean sweep!!! Ajax has won the Champions League for the first time since 1995!

Wow. 

This has gone much faster than I anticipated. What a team. 

final_league_table_53_54.png

jupiler_league_53_54.png

ajax_title_record.png

Brought Ajax back to being the Dutch club with the most titles, where they belong.

Season Review 2053-2054

season_review_53_54.png

Winner. Winner. Winner. Winner. Winner.

best_eleven_53_54.png

Amazing performances from everybody involved.

CL_dream_team.png

CL_record_X_inception.png

Couldn't help but laugh at this! Broke my own record.

GK Da Silva won GK of the year

Garmendia won player of the year

Pluta won talent of the year

I won manager of the year

squad_53_54.png

This squad can go on so much further...

resignation.png

But the AI can screw it up since I resigned. I wanted to stay on for a while longer, but winning the CL already made that kind of pointless. I will see what's available - right now only Dinamo Moscow (within the limitations I set myself) and that does not quite appeal to me ... 

excel.png

New Club....

lille.png

lille_2.png

A decently sized club, Lille has had a rough time recently. Let's see if I can do the same here as with Ajax. I chose to become manager here since I haven't managed much in France and it seems I have the freedom to build a new squad - in the interview the club told me that they want me to sign young players. I can do that!

lille_club_history.png

They play in Ligue 1 this season, for the first time since 2035! 

5 hours ago, deltablue said:

They've certainly had an interesting time of it in recent years. 

It appears to be so. I've been granted an 18M transfer budget, so it should be easy enough to improve the squad.

5 hours ago, rodesire said:

Amazing amazing job with Ajax! :applause: 

Love the Lille's story, should be a good one!  Are you still supposed to break PSG/Monaco duopoly 35 years later?

The only other team that won the title has been Marseille, in 2053 though, so they should still be a power. Bordeaux made the semi-finals of the CL last year, so I'm going to be wary of them as well.

4 hours ago, Rikulec said:

What a season. :applause:

Thank you!

12 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Why are two Championat National seasons missing in Lille's history?

Good luck there by the way! Should definetly be quite interesting.

I removed some of the lower leagues since the game was getting a bit slow, so the game did not fully simulate those.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, kidthekid said:

wonderful season. Lille should be fun.

Cheers, I hope so.

Pre-Season + August 2054

transfers_54.png

It wasn't actually all that easy to get players in, the willingness to join us was a lot lower than at Ajax. The same went for offloading players, at Ajax I made quite a bit of money that way but here that was a lot harder since no clubs really wanted to pay for the deadwood. I did not want to go too much into the players I signed for Ajax, but my replacement wanted to let go of Arie de Lange, who was already at the club before I came there anyway.

One big purchase in Hakac.

hakac.png

He doesn't actually fit perfectly in my tactic but his talent was so great that I thought I really should sign him.

transfer_spending.png

The fact that both Monaco and PSG spent over 200M, the only clubs in Europe to do so, is not a great sign of things to come. Somehow Olympiacos was also a big spender.

pre_season_2054.png

The friendlies in pre-season went pretty well but the opposition was mediocre to poor.

august.png

When the actual league games started though, things did not go well at all. We had a tough start with games against Lyon and Bordeaux, so I hoped we could score some points against Nantes. Not to be. Hopefully we can turn things around quickly or this will be a very tough season...

august_league_table.png

There are more teams who have had tough starts, which is hopeful I guess. Mid-table is my goal for this season.

view.png

Thought I'd show you the first team squad.

1 hour ago, rodesire said:

Woof, that's a rough start to the season. Kinda telling that you only have 3 guys on 20kpw or more and your highest earner is a loanee on 37kpw?

Perhaps, it fits within the club's size at the moment. To get that loanee's wages within the budgets I needed to up the wages at the cost of the transfer budget.

25 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Woosh, any backups?

back to when I just joined Lille, the summer took a long time and I really don't feel like doing that again. It kind of ruined the save for me, to be honest. I was already having my doubts since the game was running slower and slower tbh.

Maybe later I will change my mind but for now I am starting a new thread and save. 

55 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

That sucks, man... :(

:(

Archived