• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm not actually worried about my pace, still plugging through, 8 games left - 9 points needed with a game in hand to avoid relegation. Looks like I might be taking another run at this with a different team before too long :S

With all of the craziness with my wife's grandfather's illness, I needed a nap. :) (She has essentially become his full-time nurse this week.)  We went over to make sure he'd eaten on Monday, and he was nearing diabetic coma and had lost all motor skills, etc.  His sugar was 65 when we arrived, 20 minutes later when EMS arrived, his sugar had dropped to 28.  Had we been an hour later going over, he would no longer be with us.  Anyways, I am already on disability, but now the wife is gone about an extra 5-6 hours a day, so you guys are helping to keep me sane.  Thanks for that.

Was shocked that there weren't any further trophies while I napped. :D  But, because of all this, and because of getting a nap, I'll be here most of the night, and most of the weekend, for updates.  I know Memorial Day isn't a thing over there, but it is big for me here in the States, as my father gave his life for the United States.  But, I do practically nothing on the day, and just try to keep my mind off things -- so I will be here all weekend long for updates, new challengers, and many trophies.

So, if anyone gets in, needs trophies done, etc -- I'll be here all weekend to record it.  Except for sleep times, and well... when Liverpool is busy winning the Champions League tomorrow.  There will be no updates during the Final -- and no updates for several hours if Liverpool win. ;)  You'll hear me from across the damn pond if my Reds take it home.  (And likely if they don't, I'll just be cursing Ronaldo's arse.)

The only bad news in this set of screenshots is that our owner, Katharina Liebherr, is willing to listen to offers.  Let us hope that it doesn't damage my challenge long-term.

But this is awesome news, that I've obviously known was coming... but it's done. :D

Facilities1.thumb.jpg.095d274582b7358632933d33369a8f06.jpg

Facilities2.jpg.3d16f4ed378f186f98603b73039a6b09.jpg

I've raised the value of the club by around 160M in my tenure, as well.  European trophies, Champions League football, and developing talent will do that. :)

10 minutes ago, jtiessen said:

So we got relegated. I will be looking to get back into this at some point here. hopefully a bit of a stronger team

It was bound to happen to somebody.  There's definitely been plenty of sides to go down from the starting position, that is for certain!  

Just let us know when you hop back in! :) 

What a classic to keep my arse alive in this year's League Cup, against Chelsea.  

My expectations are the Quarter Final, so if I'd lost this match, I'd have definitely gotten the stink-eye from the board.  Fraser Forster was absolutely huge when it went to penalties!

Another hat-trick for Isak... he likes to score three in big matches, it seems.  He's been fairly quiet, but has had two big hat tricks already.

EFLCupChelsea.thumb.jpg.2181230b59d773e4dc869087e0004676.jpg

23DFD469226E9551AE99734E3F64F361B9C3D083

E1EC08BE717EEC2265F1EC509EFAD5B4852CA9AD

2FB59707A45B21E77D2D2AA6E97CA3FB374CD7B1

332BF72695DDD589AB4ED2BED8D05270427CCE2E

00F3742DB89520DB3872FCB7FF51100F0C9AF474

We survived on Game week 37, officially becoming safe from relegation but in doing so we ended up securing the future of Brighton as a top flight club as a 93rd minute goal for WBA against Southampton on the last day saved Brighton from relegation. Overall it was a good season, took me a while to find out my best line up and formation but constant injuries didn't help.

Sorloth finished my top scorer with 17 leagues goals in 33 games.

Zaha was top assister with 10 and also had 10 league goals, he was by far our best player and scored crucial goals for the team

Benteke was the worst player, only scored once. Andros Townsend was equally bad and lost his place in the team to Bakary Sako.

Wages were tight for the season and we unfortunately lost club legend Speroni to Velez on a free, he played the last 15minutes of the season for his send off. Damian Delaney is also retiring but he has joined the backroom staff as and under 18s coach.

Goals for next season: Keep Zaha, finish top 10. 

11 hours ago, jaysdailydose said:

Points are added @m0nk3y-b0y, and congratulations on your third trophy!  Just need the Premier League now for the entire English top-flight set! :D  

Excellent work with Leicester City, keep up the great progress, Sir!

I love Mourinho in real life, even at United -- but screw him right in the ear in this game!  And a lot harder word than screw, but the filter here doesn't like me. ;)  

(Conte's been a ***** to me as well, but Wenger and Pep both love me... I'm sure it's the "I only know how to attack and ship goals" philosophy that they both have played in my save.  Arsenal played it well, though, they did win the title over Mourinho on the last day!) :D

Thanks, I'm actually a fan of his IRL as well but on this game he is my nemesis, currently still top but Man Utd are closing in fast so just hope I can cling on

15 hours ago, jaysdailydose said:

^^ He's definitely got some work to do to get there, though.  Could certainly be a nice player, but the speed, finishing, and concentration would all be major concerns of mine.

At least he comes in with a decent personality in "Ambitious" and at least his Determination attribute is up there.  Could certainly be a lot worse!

Who are you using as a HoYD at Newcastle, and how is the Magpie recruitment and junior coaching?

Yeah he's got a hell of a lot of work to do. Im working heavily on his quickness to get it up.

8e65cb8337186b8bc0dde7071523d548.png

We've had some upgrades all round for our facilities and youth setup, we're in a good position.

df29b9cd3fe37d7c53416b64329bafcc.png

I've still got the original HOYD Joe Joyce. He's been in the job since 2006, a Newcastle fan and heralds from Consett not far by. I'm reluctant to change him for now even if there are better options. I like having a local feel to my backroom staff.

Related image

312b37c6973a13d1982339838dd71c21.png

We added our first silverware under Fergie in what turned out to be a successful first full season. A strong finish in the league saw us climb into the Champions League places breaking apart the traditional top 6.

6958e1675ca6150fd2565eae7b6cb691.png

A last game win fora Zidane-led Arsenal and a mess up from Mourinho's Utd saw the Gunners clinch the title. It was tight at the top, with just 11 points separating the top 7. No real surprises going down, although Everton nearly did.

fd21437746ec738cece3e9be06303f93.png

I switched to a less adventurous 4-4-2 away from home and it worked out well in the 2nd half of the season. Highlights include the 5-1 thrashing of Man City in the FA Cup, 5-3 win vs United in the league and of course the 5-0 away win at Anfield.

e9f49fcb38ffc049407be2c0c0d17d3a.png

Carroll and Vardy formed a fantastic partnership up front only thwarted by the inevitable Carroll injury which saw him miss the last couple of months of the season. I'm very happy with the service provided by all 4 of our wingers - Zaha, De Paul, Aarons and Atsu, who all rotated well. Ndidi made the box-to-box role his own in his debut season, while Drinkwater was less successful and lost his place in the team to Jonjo Shelvey. Our common back 4 of Yedlin - Lascelles - Mangala - Dummett were solid, though I'm concerned about the amount of reds and yellows they received. Dummett was caught out for a lack of pace a few times despite having a good overall average rating.

Next season I will be looking to bring in a new 3rd choice keeper (Darlow is off to the MLS), Two new quality full-backs with Haidara and Manquillo to be sold and another striker to compliment Vardy if Carroll is injured/off form.

We are the champions !

Well we've done it, Leicester are Premier League Champions again having won with three games of the season remaining. The team is going to need seriously strengthening to be a force in the Champions League next season.

More points please @jaysdailydose

Challenge Progress:

Domestic Titles

1/13 Premier League Titles: (2018/19)

1/5 The Emirates FA Cup Titles: (2017/18)

1/4 Carabao Cup (League Cup) Titles: (2018/19)

1/10 English Community Shield: (2018/19)

European Titles

0/2 UEFA Champions League

0/1 UEFA Europa League 

0/1 UEFA Super Cup

0/2 FIFA Club World Championship

Challenge Milestones

Win the FA Cup within 4 seasons

Win the Premier League within 7 seasons

Win a Premier League/FA Cup double within 8 seasons

Win Three Premier League/FA Cup Doubles within 13 seasons

Win the Premier League/FA Cup/Champions League Treble within 13 seasons

Fergus Alexander_  Inbox-5.png

3 hours ago, m0nk3y-b0y said:

We are the champions !

Well we've done it, Leicester are Premier League Champions again having won with three games of the season remaining. The team is going to need seriously strengthening to be a force in the Champions League next season.

More points please @jaysdailydose

Challenge Progress:

Domestic Titles

1/13 Premier League Titles: (2018/19)

1/5 The Emirates FA Cup Titles: (2017/18)

1/4 Carabao Cup (League Cup) Titles: (2018/19)

1/10 English Community Shield: (2018/19)

European Titles

0/1 UEFA Europa League 

0/1 UEFA Super Cup

Challenge Milestones

Win a Premier League/FA Cup double within 8 seasons

Win Three Premier League/FA Cup Doubles within 13 seasons

Fergus Alexander_  Inbox-5.png

Congrats, wow, brilliant :D 

Related image

2019 Summer Transfers

2f8df12acee137b8a5c36786a07f1123.png

83fc85e0b332379b5160c2d4ff190b4c.png

aa7304876557974fee21db2945ccc244.png

7 transfers in leaving us room to sign one more in January if needed. I now feel that this squad can compete with the best in the league. We won our first community shield against Zidane's Arsenal :)

Going to go add those trophies and points now, guys.  Sorry for the delay, the wife didn't have to go nurse today, so we had a nice night last night and slept in a bit today. :)

I'm going to go process these updates, and will leave a post when I've finished.  Then we'll be in a "no-update" pattern for a few hours during the Champions League Final.  I assume most will be watching it anyways, but I will definitely do an update once I've gotten done screaming in joy -- or done bawling. :D 

I'll have the updates done in a few moments!

1 minute ago, jaysdailydose said:

Going to go add those trophies and points now, guys.  Sorry for the delay, the wife didn't have to go nurse today, so we had a nice night last night and slept in a bit today. :)

;)

2 minutes ago, theonets said:

Is Gomes the best keeper at saving penalties in the game? Think he's saved all 5 penalties I've conceded so far.

Forster has been great for me at Southampton.  In my last EFL Cup match, 4th Round against Chelsea, we went to penalties, and he saved the final THREE straight to take us to the quarters.  He's had another great performance in a shootout, I want to say against Feyenoord in the Europa League last season, but it honestly slips my mind at this point.

I think Gomes is extremely good at saving penalties IRL, though. 

Alright, challengers!  We are now current on trophies and scoring to HERE.

Large congratulations going out this scoring update to @m0nk3y-b0y, whose Premier League triumph with Leicester City has vaulted him into second position on our leaderboard!  m0nk3y-b0y is the first challenger to have lifted all four English top-flight trophies (Premier League, FA Cup, Carabao Cup, and the Community Shield!)  You are definitely on pace to achieve all of the challenge milestones, especially if you concentrate on League/FA Cup doubles!

Great accomplishment, Sir, and keep up the great work! 

Congratulations to @smp20 for lifting his second trophy and first Community Shield with the Magpies!  So far, Smp20 is the only challenger able to survive the takeover at Newcastle, which is an accomplishment unto itself!  The Community Shield triumph last lifted you into a tie for 4th on our active leaderboard, with @Deisler26 and the Eagles of Crystal Palace.

Bad luck on the facilities, @MarcxD, but it can obviously be a whole lot worse with takeovers... and getting the Dildo Brothers out of West Ham may wind up being a turning point for you and the club as far as becoming a power!  Here's hoping Steve Knight winds up being a better owner for you and you can keep up your quality progress!

-----

If anyone else achieves more, I will update after today's Champions League Final!  Best of luck and continued success to all of our challengers!

Anyone signing Sergio Ramos will be thrown out of the challenge. #NewRules :D

This referee is a horror show.  Lallana needs to wake up.  

Just a dirty first half from Madrid, though.   Yes, Ramos got a touch on the ball when he hurt Salah, but that tackle would make NFL players blush.  At least they got some karma with Carvahal, but that was just disgusting.  

Even worse, the American coverage has the worst commentator ever... just terrible.  But, if you'd told me I'd go into the half 0-0, I'd have taken it.  We don't need Mo to win, Bobby and Sadio can do it.  

Anyway, I'm off-topic, but I needed to vent. :D  I was working on my set-piece packages up until gametime, and I'll be on playing most of the rest of the night after the Final.  Hopefully, you'll join us.  It IS an amazing day for football!

55 minutes ago, jaysdailydose said:

Anyone signing Sergio Ramos will be thrown out of the challenge. #NewRules :D

This referee is a horror show.  Lallana needs to wake up.  

Just a dirty first half from Madrid, though.   Yes, Ramos got a touch on the ball when he hurt Salah, but that tackle would make NFL players blush.  At least they got some karma with Carvahal, but that was just disgusting.  

Even worse, the American coverage has the worst commentator ever... just terrible.  But, if you'd told me I'd go into the half 0-0, I'd have taken it.  We don't need Mo to win, Bobby and Sadio can do it.  

Anyway, I'm off-topic, but I needed to vent. :D  I was working on my set-piece packages up until gametime, and I'll be on playing most of the rest of the night after the Final.  Hopefully, you'll join us.  It IS an amazing day for football!

What if we sign Karius?

13 minutes ago, theonets said:

What if we sign Karius?

I'd say you were wasting your money.  What a trainwreck.  Dumbest mistake I've ever seen.  

I'll do updates later, that game has taking away my enthusiasm for any thing but a nap for a few hours.

Just now, jaysdailydose said:

I'd say you were wasting your money.  What a trainwreck.  Dumbest mistake I've ever seen.  

I'll do updates later, that game has taking away my enthusiasm for any thing but a nap for a few hours.

I don't support Liverpool, but honestly, you guys played beautiful football throughout.

I was thinking about how this could have been us if we'd got Klopp when we had the chance... 

You are literally one keeper away 

Two great things to report

a) Got this guy for 23.5 million + 28 million in bonuses that would have us winning the league if a defensive midfielder got them

Kessi.thumb.jpg.362ccde189a514072f0f125ebbcf0f93.jpg

b) Into the FA Cup Semi Final against..... ASTON VILLA :D

I should be able to beat them, and if I do, then I am potentially one game away from Europe, and a trophy.

c) 15th, but 2 games in hand, which if I win, could see me climb up to 10th in a terrible season. 

d) Spurs stealing Hughes at the last minute and him getting goals in both games against me..... -_-

e) OH BOY FM HAVE GOT THIS SOOOOO RIGHT

Kane.thumb.jpg.0b9c21727550f6fe863ce9186372636f.jpg

Edited by theonets

They need to do a better job with the quoting of players in the game.  Kane's quote above -- "The striker felt the decision had affected the outcome of the match."

It didn't change the outcome at all, it was still a victory.  It was just a 1-0 victory instead of a 2-0 victory. :D

As far as LFC goes, I have no worries with Klopp, and feel this won't be our last European Final under him.  

I *do* see an 80-100M bid for both Allison and Donarumma within the next 48 hours, and perhaps Oblak if we can't secure one of them.  As you say, we appear to be a goalkeeper away.  I see some of the pundits saying "they were totally outclassed in midfield."  I wonder if they even watched the first half.  Madrid couldn't barely get out of their own half, and we had them unable to even make a basic pass in the first half.  Without the errors, I feel we win the match.  

Bale is still a beauty, regardless of how moronic Zidane has treated him.  As much as I hated that loss, it was awesome to see Gareth get redemption at that level.  His first will be shown for a hundred years.  He could never kick another ball for Madrid and he'll be one of their undeniable greats for eternity.  

And now, I look forward to another season, and get back on topic. :D

Table.thumb.jpg.4acdcd6bf182e47062460fbbe3a30672.jpg

A worse season than last one points wise, and also by ranking, I believe. However, the important thing was the FA Cup Final. Finally, a chance to get one over Mourinho, who seems to have some sort of hatred for me. Maybe, it's because we play beautiful attacking football, praise Pep and Wenger, lose heavily to both, and somehow manage to annoy United who get mixed results against us?

Quite possibly tbh.

Anyway, we go into the final, and we decide to attack. Mourinho is so predictable in this game here, I have no idea how they're champions because it's the same dire, defensive, long ball to the flanks football that Pulis and co play. I know Mourinho can be defensive, but the game kicks it up a notch.

I mean, look at that, he has some amazing, amazing players. But he plays both Blind and Herrera, Believe me, Herrera's not going forward either, or even attempting to. It's basically Pogba making late runs and Higuain alone in the box. Boring football, but one that somehow beats everyone. Yet, he struggles against us.

ShockPrediction.thumb.jpg.05a590cfa5e48ee11ac1c2851928daaa.jpg

Shockingly, everyone's predicting a United win.

It was boring. Like I said, and like always, Mourinho played boring, boring football. We had more possession (61% to their 39%), they had way more shots (21 to 5), but again, long range pot shots aren't going to trouble Alisson. 

Btw, this guy, bargain. Has put in clutch performances, game after game, and there was one shot from Rashford from 2 yards out that he saved purely because his positioning was brilliant.  

Anyway, 80th minute, we win a free kick, just as I bring Poulssen on because of his height. Change made before the freekick, though I'm still taking credit. Guess who scores? 

275922243_FACup.thumb.jpg.52380baf3155c2071a1b3a835197a619.jpg

And guess who moans? 

Mourinho.thumb.jpg.9fd70c49c7651ba414db992024e41a65.jpg

Mourinho2.thumb.jpg.9b80dd609ad4a8d4d87ebe0bc0588966.jpg

Anyway, first trophy chalked up despite a disaster of a season. We were so, so lucky with the draw in the FA Cup. Played Championship and midtable teams throughout and then United. I haven't beaten a single one of the top 6, hell, I've been destroyed by all of them many times. I have always, always been in it against United who just never attack. Sweet success. 

P.S: Proud to be a very petty and bitter man :D

P.P.S:- The community Shield is a rematch lol, I might be able to annoy Mourinho part II

Challenge Progress:

Domestic Titles

0/13 Premier League Titles 

1/5 The Emirates FA Cup Titles: (2017/18)

0/4 Carabao Cup (League Cup) Titles

0/10 English Community Shield

European Titles

0/1 UEFA Europa League 

0/1 UEFA Super Cup

Challenge Milestones

Win a Premier League/FA Cup double within 8 seasons

Win Three Premier League/FA Cup Doubles within 13 seasons

Edited by theonets

Very pleased to see you get your first pot on the board, @theonets!  I'm going to mark it up right now, keep up the good work! :D

I had success against both United and City in Europe, but have only gotten 1 league point against each of them.  (My next league fixture is against City. and I'll have played them both 3 times in the League.)  

I got a point away at The Etihad on my three-week anniversary at the club, and I got a 0-0 at St. Mary's against United in the third week of this season.  I've beaten Spurs at their Wembley home, that's my only other creditable league result against the Big Six.  Wenger has beat me 6-1 and 5-1, safe to say they've been my bogey team for sure, out of the Big Six.  Chelsea beat me over two legs with a big comeback in last year's EFL Cup Semi, but I got my revenge this year in this year's EFL Cup, knocking them out in that Fourth Round game I posted about yesterday -- but no league results.  Liverpool has beaten me slightly less bad than Arsenal, but no points against my favorite club, either.  Have only played the Reds in the League and we weren't at their level in either match.  

Jose's style of football does play right into our hands, really... and I just don't think Pep ever expects a team to come and attack right back at them, so we tend to stay competitive with them.  He hasn't done a very good job in my game, though... I'm actually shocked that both he and Klopp are still in their jobs.  They are starting to come around now that we're getting deeper into this season, but City is 7th and Liverpool 11th after 11 matches a piece, and obviously, those results aren't going to keep either of them in the job long-term.  

It is really starting to get interesting in my save, to say the least. :)  But, enough about me, but once you got going on Jose's tactics I just had to rant. :D  

Going to put your points on the board now, and congratulations once again!  Very, very happy to see you getting on the board after our chat yesterday!

7 minutes ago, jaysdailydose said:

Very, very happy to see you getting on the board after our chat yesterday!

That has been helpful. Firstly, he's found my new signing for next season, already posted above, and I think that signing will make the difference. Mostly because it will replace my 32 year old pro Miguel Veloso, who clubs are interested in after a great season. I intend to sell him abroad, if I must, no way are Leeds getting him. 

Since the training thing, the only person who has been injured for me is Andy Carroll. Not sure he even counts as an injury at this point. It's also allowed a couple of youth talents to shine.

And now I'm using it since a lot of the staff at Watford is actual deadwood and their contracts are finally over..... :)

This is going to be a dramatic jump hopefully, I'm below average in nearly every category currently, hopefully that can change.

1 minute ago, theonets said:

That has been helpful. Firstly, he's found my new signing for next season, already posted above, and I think that signing will make the difference. Mostly because it will replace my 32 year old pro Miguel Veloso, who clubs are interested in after a great season. I intend to sell him abroad, if I must, no way are Leeds getting him. 

Since the training thing, the only person who has been injured for me is Andy Carroll. Not sure he even counts as an injury at this point. It's also allowed a couple of youth talents to shine.

And now I'm using it since a lot of the staff at Watford is actual deadwood and their contracts are finally over..... :)

This is going to be a dramatic jump hopefully, I'm below average in nearly every category currently, hopefully that can change.

Staff and training are definitely two of the most important things you must focus on, for sure.  But yeah, that training system has never done me wrong in the years I've used it.  Mine used to differ just a touch from what Cleon came up with, but once I saw the work and testing he'd done on his system, I switched over the rest of the way and never been happier, and I've been playing since the Champ Man days.  

Are you setting up your coaches training responsibilities by hand?  That is vital as well, as well as having enough coaches.  I've got a system I use for that, too, if you don't already have your own.  If you don't, I'd probably send you an IM or something, though, just to try to keep the thread a little more manageable. :D  

Definitely glad all of that stuff helped you!  

1 minute ago, theonets said:

@jaysdailydose

An example of some of the horrific staff we actually have.....

Doctor.thumb.png.958b09a195bc2d3daf8e04228938f5a1.png

Scout.thumb.png.57135272fbf395a344da434df9dcb2e6.png

I'll be honest, I haven't had this level of incompetence on fairly high wages in lower league saves. 

Yeah, but you should always can horrible staff immediately upon taking over.  Coaches on board when you take over the club will ALWAYS accept mutual termination of their contracts upon your arrival, so you can replace them immediately.  They probably would still take mutual termination now.  Whack them and get someone competent in... with Premier League TV money, you'll be able to afford it, just get it done. :)  

If you fix your staff problems, you are really going to start making noise, I'm sure of it.  

I just had two of my Wonderkid signings get their first caps... for Brazil and Germany! :) 

Thiago Maia just received his first senior Brazil cap, at the age of 20, against Colombia. 

Kai Havertz received his first senior Germany cap, at the tender age of 18, against Russia.  

Always love to see my signings start to make an impact on the world stage, and it is awesome to see it happen in the same international break.  Especially since Maia had just missed around six weeks through injury!

Some bad news for the end of the season, but I knew it wouldn't likely be for all that long... Kristjaan Speakman can likely expect a call at the end of the season.  Here's guessing Tony will leave me with a final Golden Generation intake, but it'll be about five months to see... call it a hunch!  I normally wouldn't update something like this, but our youth systems are going to be a major thing in our saves, so this really will be a blow, even though Speakman is great.

CarrRetiring.thumb.jpg.b64257312875294d9ab1913249aa4468.jpg

Edited by jaysdailydose

@theonets Pep just doesn't do very well against me.  Here's how that next fixture went... they honestly never even seemed dangerous, and Pep hasn't started well this season for them.  After our win, we have identical records -- 6 wins, 2 draws, and 5 losses, both with 20 points.  They have a +2 GD, ours is +1, so they currently sit sixth, and we sit 7th.  Only problem for him is I'm sure he needs to qualify for the Champions League, where I only need to be in the top half.  Obviously, I'm looking to qualify also, but I wasn't trying to stress myself on expectations and get sacked.

PepSucks.thumb.jpg.d1ba2cc8c415b7adb6c3286f217f87bc.jpg

1 minute ago, wynter said:

4-1-4-1 and 4-2-3-1 so maybe a trade up, play nothing like Speakmann's :lol:

Yeah, with the personality being similar, and I think Mertesacker is actually stronger stats wise, PLUS formation cohesion?  Excellent hire.

(Going to go see if he's retired on my save already, I have to make a new hire at the end of the season.) :D