23jBSiS.jpg

FTMj15p.jpg

Pvvz0wK.jpg

F78EBF675F6D0CDE898262486F416C81117A89FD

10642390E7A36209E4FB6099014E824A460DC2C6

51D3905B7FD1B37A2EBC4EA97215FE6DB6244340

Small update with my Palace save, a few injuries to some players but its helped Bakary Sako emerge as undroppable at the minute currently playing the second best behind Zaha.

No money for January but looking to move a few players on, lost Speroni on a free to Velez due to having no money to renew his contract which was a shame but hopefully I can bring the club legend back as a coach when he retires.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MarcxD said:

Thank you!

I have a question though. I bought Loftus-Cheek from Chelsea in the new season, but only afterwards I realized that Chelsea can be considered the rival club for West Ham I should not do any transfer business with. Is that the case?

Going to make a ruling on that -- its an OK purchase.  West Ham's MAIN rival is Millwall, even though they aren't in the same league.   It should only be your main rivals.  If I'd spun Liverpool, I wouldn't have done business with United OR Everton.  

Basically, if you play a RECOGNIZED derby, don't do business with them.  You are fine as a Hammer to do business with the Blues.  If anyone disagrees with my ruling, we can absolutely discuss it, this is no dictatorship -- but I think it is fair.

4 minutes ago, jaysdailydose said:

Going to make a ruling on that -- its an OK purchase.  West Ham's MAIN rival is Millwall, even though they aren't in the same league.   It should only be your main rivals.  If I'd spun Liverpool, I wouldn't have done business with United OR Everton.  

Basically, if you play a RECOGNIZED derby, don't do business with them.  You are fine as a Hammer to do business with the Blues.  If anyone disagrees with my ruling, we can absolutely discuss it, this is no dictatorship -- but I think it is fair.

Chelsea, Spurs and Millwall are considered fierce rivals on FM for West Ham

15 hours ago, jaysdailydose said:

I think that window may be better than you think.  Allison isn't Donnarumma or anything on this game, but you could feasibly have the next 5 years in goal squared away.  Getting Maitland-Niles on a free... well, I don't even know how the hell that happens. :) 

He's not Aguero, but Andy Carroll IS a proven EPL goal scorer.  Janssen caught a tough break having to try to deputize Kane.  He needed regular football.  

I'm not guessing you had a ton of money to spend, so... you must make do where you can. 

How many scouts are they letting you employ?  

15 hours ago, jaysdailydose said:

I just went and counted up, and I didn't have near the deadwood you did, so that window may be an even greater success.  10 players in my current squad were in the side when I got here, and I'm not really looking to get rid of any... although Ryan Bertrand can **** off and leave as far as I care.  He's already been replaced, and I'm guessing the splinters in his arse are going to start pissing him off soon.  The UEFA Super Cup was his only start of the season so far, and that was only because Jetro Willems had a knock.  I'd honestly play Matthew Targett before him if both fit at this point.

I love his personality, but everytime I'm in a highlight, I wind up yelling at the damned laptop (BERTRAND WTF ARE YOU DOING, WTF WAS THAT TO?) and the like.

I honestly thought he'd be a highlight, and instead, left back was one of the first areas where I sought reinforcements.  Maybe I can retrain him as a winger or something, where his idiotic mistakes don't ship as many goals.  

EDIT: OH... and Leicester City has Kylian Mbappe.  No, I'm not kidding.  Man, you can tell this is still FM17 with that one. ;)

SECOND EDIT: Never mind, he's on loan... and he's been *****

There are positives, but in case it goes wrong, I can't make a single transfer in January. Hopefully, I can snap up a few players for next season. Niles was literally luck, can you believe he was released by Arsenal, yet had zero people wanting him? Weird because he's starting for Derby, and even in the worst case, will end up a decent PL player I can sell for a few million.

What annoys me about the window, besides the backups I had to get are:

1. I got Will Hughes for 12 million, but Tottenham came in last moment and of course he chose them. Instead, I had to settle for Daniel Torres. Don't get it wrong, Torres is currently just as good, even slightly better for what I need than Hughes, especially defensively. However, Hughes is a top, top talent, while Torres for nearly the same price doesn't have much resale value.

2. I couldn't get top PL players here at all, especially in midfield, it's why I'm bypassing midfield with a target man. I usually prefer a 4-3-3 (not the 3 striker one), so this is a system that is only being used because my midfield options are okay, but won't ever boss midfield.

3. Capoue there? I didn't want to sell but it was his dream to join OM. With Torres coming in, I consented to sell. OM offered 14 million rising to 17 million. Inter, and who wouldn't join Inter over Marseille, offered 20M+ with 17 million straightaway and the rest in easily fulfilled conditions? Guess which one he joined......

4.  What I am happy on is selling Kums for 7.5 million, nowhere  near worth that much

I have 3 Scouts, and board has allowed more, but I can't find anyone worth hiring for now. Since I am okay with what I know so far, I'd rather have the scouts I have now who I can trust than others whose judging ability is suspect

Related image

2018/19 Mid-season Update

b8b5126125fe5c6af612ed8c3e9884b1.png

3e442261ac0f5e2e522447ded754a837.png

We've been brilliant at home and not so good away. After beating Man City we briefly went top of the table, but a run of poor form saw us fall down the league. On a good note, Adam Armstrong broke into the first team after a few injuries to first teamers and got player of the month in December, scoring 4 in 6. We're in with a chance of a European spot and hopefully we'll do well in the FA Cup. Our third round tie is vs Hull. Unless I decide to get in 2 or 3 youngsters for our u18s/23s I will not be making any transfers.

26 minutes ago, jbutton said:

Chelsea, Spurs and Millwall are considered fierce rivals on FM for West Ham

Honestly, I would likely say "No transfer business between West Ham and Spurs."  There seems to be the most bad blood there, especially when you say the words "feeder club." :D

We could revise the rule and just say from this point forward "No transfer business between any listed rivals" -- but I wasn't really trying to make it multiple clubs.  

Either that, or I can make a full list of the "likely" Prem clubs and who they can't do business with.  

Regardless, I am not going to look on the Loftus-Cheek signing above as bad -- even had it been disallowed, he obviously wasn't trying to break the spirit of the challenge, and it would have been a mistake if anything.  

Here's what I would figure for "prohibited business" for the majority of playable clubs.  I *really* don't want any team to have more than two sides they can't do business with, especially on a small DB.  If we can agree, I'll add it to one of my "reserved" posts at the beginning of the thread.

Rivalry Clubs -- Prohibited to do business with if managing this club!

Arsenal - Spurs
Bournemouth - Southampton
Brighton - Crystal Palace
Burnley - Blackburn Rovers
Chelsea - Arsenal
Crystal Palace - Brighton
Everton - Liverpool
Huddersfield Town - Leeds United
Leicester City - Nottingham Forest
Liverpool - Manchester United AND Everton
Manchester City - Manchester United
Manchester United - Liverpool AND Manchester City
Newcastle United - Sunderland
Southampton - Bournemouth
Stoke City - West Brom
Swansea City - Cardiff City
Tottenham - Arsenal
Watford - Luton Town
West Brom - Aston Villa
West Ham - Tottenham 

Going to add this to my reserved post, 4th post in the thread.

Edited by jaysdailydose

These Foxes have bite!

Post January transfer window and by some miracle we not only sit top of the league but undefeated in all competitions also. We have an EFL Cup final place booked against Man Utd, a FA Cup fourth round place against Ipswich and despite finishing top of the group a Europa League 1st KO round against Inter Milan. Fiete Arp has continued his fantastic rise filling the Vardy shaped hole upfront and while we saw Erik Durm leave to West Ham for £15.25 million and Vicente Iborra to Guangzhou for £20.5 million (both doubling their fees they where signed for) we strengthened with club legend Danny Drinkwater returning from Chelsea for £10.25 million and Florin Andone from Real Madrid for £14.25 million. October saw the dreaded brexit message appear with a warning that it looks like i'm getting the foreign player limit (one restriction Sir Alex never had).

Premier League_ Overview Stages-3.png

Leicester City_  Transfer History-4.png

UEFA Europa League_ Overview Stages.png

Edited by m0nk3y-b0y

5 minutes ago, m0nk3y-b0y said:

Also @jaysdailydose you added the community shield points for @TheEarl but forgot them for myself and @Deisler26

All fixed, I missed the screenshots, as there's a ton of them on Pg. 4. :) 

Everything should now be current to here.  Thanks for the patience, everyone!

A thought that just came to me.

In some ways, with the new TV deal kicking in, this is the real SAF challenge. When SAF took over, United were big, but as the money came into the league, it was SAF's management that helped make them that rich.

Case in point, Wenger, who came much, much later, has never been able to get Arsenal to the same financial heights, which means he never really had the chance of the same success. SAF would have been a success whenever, but had United got him later, he may have won a lot, but United would not have had the same financial strength. 

Similarly with this TV deal, the difference can be huge. The difference between finishing 17th (Just safe) and 10th or 11th is well over 10 million. The difference between 17th and 7th is almost 20 million, and that's without the Europa pot you'll get next year. Just like Fergie, success here, at the start of this deal, and your club can break the established top, middling results, and you might hit the bare minimum for the challenge, but not be able to take the club as high.

P.S: Astounded how much of the deadwood I STILL HAVE OUT ON LOAN IS GETTING INTERNATIONAL DEBUTS 

Sure, not big countries at all, but it's annoying to hear about how player X made his debut and he is potentially a Championship player, with unbalanced stats.

Edited by theonets

5 minutes ago, theonets said:

P.S: Astounded how much of the deadwood I STILL HAVE OUT ON LOAN IS GETTING INTERNATIONAL DEBUTS 

Sure, not big countries at all, but it's annoying to hear about how player X made his debut and he is potentially a Championship player, with unbalanced stats.

I managed to get rid of a lot of mine, but I'll admit, many of the youth/reserve players I just put on the Unwanted list with "Sell or Release."  

One of the clubs I've supported for my entire life is Ajax in The Netherlands, and I nearly always run my setup like Ajax.  There's a great thread on here from Cleon all about the Ajax youth teams.  Ajax youth sides have 16 players, and in situations like this, where I don't play a #10, I keep 18:

2 GK
3 DC
2 DM
4 right-footers for 2, 7, and 8
4 left-footers for 5, "10" and 11. ("10" being my attacking CM.  Would actually be considered an "8" as he plays in the MC strata.  You understand, undoubtedly.) :D
3 attackers

It is normally run like this, quoting from Cleon's amazing thread:

Every Ajax youth eleven has 16 players. There are 2 goalkeepers. Four right footed players are selected for positions 2, 6, and 7 (right back, right midfield, right wing fwd.)  Four left footed players for positions 5, 8 and 11 (left back, left midfield, left forward.) Three players for 3 and 4 (central defenders) and finally three players for 9 and 10 (striker and shadow striker). This applies from the Under 10 team up to the first eleven. During the players’ development, therefore, they play in the two or three positions within the team for which they have been selected."

So, the starts of my saves always have a ton of "youth" deadwood as well, as I like to get these sides to these manageable levels.  

For those that are interested in one of the most amazing FM threads ever, and potentially use it to benefit their game, read Cleon's thread in the link below.  It was posted for FM14, but all of the principles posted are definitely still applicable today!

1 minute ago, theonets said:

A thought that just came to me.

In some ways, with the new TV deal kicking in, this is the real SAF challenge. When SAF took over, United were big, but as the money came into the league, it was SAF's management that helped make them that rich.

Case in point, Wenger, who came much, much later, has never been able to get Arsenal to the same financial heights, which means he never really had the chance of the same success. SAF would have been a success whenever, but had United got him later, he may have won a lot, but United would not have had the same financial strength. 

Similarly with this TV deal, the difference can be huge. The difference between finishing 17th (Just safe) and 10th or 11th is well over 10 million. The difference between 17th and 7th is almost 20 million, and that's without the Europa pot you'll get next year. Just like Fergie, success here, at the start of this deal, and your club can break the established top, middling results, and you might hit the bare minimum for the challenge, but not be able to take the club as high.

I've always felt bad for Wenger.  He was hamstrung financially for so many years so they could build The Emirates.

I'd have loved to have seen SAF in that kind of situation.  Having Old Trafford was such a huge advantage in so many ways over the years.   It is one of my biggest concerns with my Southampton save, as St. Mary's, while a great stadium, doesn't seat anywhere near enough to be near the top of the rich list.  Not that I'll complain, I believe we checked in at 14th after my Europa League triumph.  But, if St. Mary's had 20k more seats, this challenge would be a lot easier. :)  

I know someone else here has already started on a stadium, but my club balance isn't THAT solid for me to consider upgrading a 32,505 all-seater.   I am just happy they upgraded my training and youth facilities.  I believe they both go to "Excellent" for me over "Superb" here on October 17 in game.  Costing me 7 million, but not much farther to "Top."

996c2e9b9a89792523a0617c00bf6186.png

Our first intake was rubbish, but we've got a decent player through in our 2nd intake. All the rest won't make it, but Brennan could.

^^ He's definitely got some work to do to get there, though.  Could certainly be a nice player, but the speed, finishing, and concentration would all be major concerns of mine.

At least he comes in with a decent personality in "Ambitious" and at least his Determination attribute is up there.  Could certainly be a lot worse!

Who are you using as a HoYD at Newcastle, and how is the Magpie recruitment and junior coaching?

Man, Kai Havertz just might be the best young midfielder I've purchased in something like 20 years of playing FM.  For what I paid, and his early return... just ridiculous.  He just hit two against Huddersfield, and one was his first from the spot.  He now has 17 goals in 40 competitive appearances since I purchased him in the January window.  What a freaking return...

I usually don't share player profiles unless it is required in a challenge like the Youth Challenge, just because there is so rarely someone that makes my jaw drop like this.  Keep in mind... this kid JUST turned 18 exactly 90 days ago... and has already lifted a major trophy as a major contributor:

Kai.thumb.jpg.d84ace64776153275fe7e60aaf201c4b.jpg

(EDIT: I hit continue, and he's just won Premier League Player of the Month for September.  4 goals, 4 appearances, 8.18 average rating.  I'm in awe of this boy.)

Edited by jaysdailydose

7 minutes ago, m0nk3y-b0y said:

Well the unbeaten league run has come to an end all thanks to the man who is becoming my nemesis Jose Mourinho and his Man Utd team, I will have revenge in the EFL cup :mad:

Are all his players dirty pieces of garbage in your game, too?  My last two appearances, they've finished at least a man short.  Yet to go a game where Pogba hasn't gotten a nasty red card or thrown out.  I used to like the kid, but his real life play at United and his attitude, plus him being a threat to society in game, has really started me disliking him.  (Yes, I'm Liverpool through and through, but have always loved Mourinho, and loved what Pogba was at Juventus.  I didn't just hate them because they put on that Red with the Chevrolet on the front!)  

But goodness, they make United just DIRTY on my save.  I think last game they had 7 yellows, one being a second for a red card, and the official got a 10.0 rating, so it wasn't one of those situations where you get all the calls because the ref is paid off.

They are just nasty.  I beat them in Europe, but I can't seem to beat them in the League. 

6 minutes ago, jaysdailydose said:

Are all his players dirty pieces of garbage in your game, too?  My last two appearances, they've finished at least a man short.  Yet to go a game where Pogba hasn't gotten a nasty red card or thrown out.  I used to like the kid, but his real life play at United and his attitude, plus him being a threat to society in game, has really started me disliking him.  (Yes, I'm Liverpool through and through, but have always loved Mourinho, and loved what Pogba was at Juventus.  I didn't just hate them because they put on that Red with the Chevrolet on the front!)  

But goodness, they make United just DIRTY on my save.  I think last game they had 7 yellows, one being a second for a red card, and the official got a 10.0 rating, so it wasn't one of those situations where you get all the calls because the ref is paid off.

They are just nasty.  I beat them in Europe, but I can't seem to beat them in the League. 

Yeah no red cards but it's like they just kick the team off the park so they can't get a rhythm going.

The wheels have properly come off now got knocked out the FA cup by Spurs 4-1 (it was 3-0 and we went for broke), lost first leg 1-0 to Inter, I think my less talented overall squad is getting found out by a hard run of games in quick succession.

14 minutes ago, jaysdailydose said:

I had Deeney and Poulssen up front, along with my young winger Success, they tried to play a dirty game, despite being superior in midfield and on the flanks. That backfired, since my backline was strong physically, and my strikers, much, much strong physically.

I actually beat them ffs, and my board is only asking me to avoid relegation and I also was smashed by Southampton who played through my midfield.  Amazing really.

Edited by theonets

What a way to shut up Mourinho, his gamble of playing the reserve keeper came back to bite him as Leicester City win the EFL Cup

Points please @jaysdailydose 

Challenge Progress:

Domestic Titles

0/13 Premier League Titles

1/5 The Emirates FA Cup Titles: (2017/18)

1/4 Carabao Cup (League Cup) Titles: (2018/19)

1/10 English Community Shield: (2018/19)

European Titles

0/2 UEFA Champions League

0/1 UEFA Europa League 

0/1 UEFA Super Cup

0/2 FIFA Club World Championship

Man Utd v Leicester_ Match Presentation.png

Fergus Alexander_  Inbox-4.png

Points are added @m0nk3y-b0y, and congratulations on your third trophy!  Just need the Premier League now for the entire English top-flight set! :D  

Excellent work with Leicester City, keep up the great progress, Sir!

I love Mourinho in real life, even at United -- but screw him right in the ear in this game!  And a lot harder word than screw, but the filter here doesn't like me. ;)  

(Conte's been a ***** to me as well, but Wenger and Pep both love me... I'm sure it's the "I only know how to attack and ship goals" philosophy that they both have played in my save.  Arsenal played it well, though, they did win the title over Mourinho on the last day!) :D

2 minutes ago, jaysdailydose said:

http://strikerless.com/

Sorry, that's a bad joke. ;)  Get another physio, dammit! :D  

I'm sure you'll get through it fine -- great managers always do.

I'm not a great manager though, some of the people posting here have saves I can only dream of. At this point, I'm just glad the board want me to avoid relegation, or else I'd be in trouble. Drew City in the Cup too. 

Penaranda.thumb.png.8c57159635b73886b2d458baadc87599.png

Recalled this guy from loan. Here's hoping he can show his potential.

This should also help highlight the deadwood I still have. I have barely 6-7 players in the squad with a higher rating, and the higher rating means just about okay for PL. Most are worse, including my starting fullbacks. 

Well, that's the greatest thing about challenges, too!  If you aren't a great manager, active challenges like this one will allow you to pick up so much on how others do things.  

For instance, you said the board will allow you more than three scouts.  You NEED to bring some scouts in, even if they aren't amazing on JCA/JPA.  Remember, you can always have your best scout go and take a look at a player they've found, as a second set of eyes.  

What I generally do is stock up on scouts (Southampton started with a great amount, really, but ask for more EVERY time you are allowed.)  I generally do my own system, but I am allowing my Chief Scout to run things this time, but what I do is have 2-3 of my scouts (with your lesser staff, do 1 for now) and treat them almost as a "Head of Scouting" -- when you have your other scouts dig up a guy that looks good, you have your "Head of Scouting" then scout the player until 100% knowledge.  I usually limit this guy to watching 7 players at a time, but I notice no financial losses or any additional amount of time at this amount of players.

Right now, I am MAINLY using two for this purpose, one is a 20/18 and the other is a 17/20 -- both have nice adaptability, too, since I can send them pretty much anywhere.

I used to be able to get pretty damned awesome scouts with Stevenage in League One or League Two, so there are certainly going to be some worth hiring with a Premier League team, even if they are relegation fodder, which Watford really isn't.  

I know you didn't ask for tips, but I've been playing for like 20 years, all the way since the Champ Man days, so if you have questions about pretty much ANYTHING, I'm more than happy to help, and I'm sure your fellow challengers will be as well.  We're competing, sure... but we're still community first and foremost.  

If you don't feel you're a great manager now, I want to make sure you feel you are one before you are done with this challenge.  My inbox is always open if you don't want to post stuff in thread, but always willing to talk FM with anyone, especially lots of strategy!

(EDIT: For the record, I think I asked for more scouts twice in my tenure so far with Southampton.  Granted, they are maybe a bit bigger than Watford, but I am currently allowed *24* scouts with my Chief.  You need more scouts, bruh!) :D

Edited by jaysdailydose

3 minutes ago, jaysdailydose said:

Well, that's the greatest thing about challenges, too!  If you aren't a great manager, active challenges like this one will allow you to pick up so much on how others do things.  

For instance, you said the board will allow you more than three scouts.  You NEED to bring some scouts in, even if they aren't amazing on JCA/JPA.  Remember, you can always have your best scout go and take a look at a player they've found, as a second set of eyes.  

What I generally do is stock up on scouts (Southampton started with a great amount, really, but ask for more EVERY time you are allowed.)  I generally do my own system, but I am allowing my Chief Scout to run things this time, but what I do is have 2-3 of my scouts (with your lesser staff, do 1 for now) and treat them almost as a "Head of Scouting" -- when you have your other scouts dig up a guy that looks good, you have him scout the player until 100% knowledge.  I usually limit this guy to watching 7 players at a time, but I notice no financial losses or any additional amount of time at this amount of players.

Right now, I am MAINLY using two for this purpose, one is a 20/18 and the other is a 17/20 -- both have nice adaptability, too, since I can send them pretty much anywhere.

I used to be able to get pretty damned awesome scouts with Stevenage in League One or League Two, so there are certainly going to be some worth hiring with a Premier League team, even if they are relegation fodder, which Watford really isn't.  

I know you didn't ask for tips, but I've been playing for like 20 years, all the way since the Champ Man days, so if you have questions about pretty much ANYTHING, I'm more than happy to help, and I'm sure your fellow challengers will be as well.  We're competing, sure... but we're still community first and foremost.  

If you don't feel you're a great manager now, I want to make sure you feel you are one before you are done with this challenge.  My inbox is always open if you don't want to post stuff in thread, but always willing to talk FM with anyone, especially lots of strategy!

Thanks, man, I will definitely look into the scouts thing. Yeah, I do think I'm setting way too high JPA hopes for scouts, I can get some perfectly decent scouts. Hell, the worst scout I could hire would still be better than some of the worst I've hired when playing in Wales. Thanks for the help, and yeah, my first challenge, so it's nice to find someone helpful :D 

2 minutes ago, theonets said:

You will not believe this but......

Penaranda.thumb.png.da6abe39d1dde042facbce66e33a4f84.png

Can anyone but the striker get injured? :D 

What are these guys training workloads?  I get that he was injured in game, but heavy training workloads add up for sure, and lead to both more training and in-game injuries.

What are these guys training workloads?  I get that he was injured in game, but heavy training workloads add up for sure, and lead to both more training and in-game injuries.

That is a possibility, he was training an extra individual focus as well, along with average training intensity on the normal stuff. 

Rest, Poulssen aside, were not training extra though.

Big thing with your scouts... let's say one was 10/10 but favors your formation and playing style -- I'd be more likely to sign him than a 13/13 who likes a different formation or playing style.  People always treat the JCA/JPA as an end-all, be-all, and while it is certainly important (along with Determination and Adaptability, Man Management for a Chief Scout, and Tactical Knowledge for a Next Opposition Scout) -- having a scout who knows the type of players that fit your formation can be worth even more.  

If you don't already use this filter in this screenshot, it is huge, too.  

I download a filters package mod, and a views package mod that is also very helpful -- but this is the most important thing, as it lets you know "Every single one of these guys will consider working for your first team" and obviously extra useful when hiring coaches for a youth team, or physios, etc.  

Just being thorough, so I apologize if this is information you already are aware of.

ScoutFilter.thumb.jpg.47dac27d95154805a6b902b7c33f1436.jpg

5 minutes ago, theonets said:

That is a possibility, he was training an extra individual focus as well, along with average training intensity on the normal stuff. 

Rest, Poulssen aside, were not training extra though.

Yeah, regular season I use Balanced/Low, 20% Match Training (2 clicks from the right.)  That will allow you positional training, and either a focus or a preferred move training, and keeps training workload at Medium.  For the most part, whining players will sometimes still cry about workload even at medium, if it's a "high" medium.  Preseason, I do Fitness/High, for like 3-4 weeks, and then Team Cohesion/High for 1-2, with 50% Match Training and Match Tactics for the match preparation.  

Another thing you may know, but being thorough, but "Tactical" for General Training does NOT add to tactical familiarity, just players tactical attributes -- the only way to get higher tactical familiarity is through Match Preparation.  If you didn't already know that, it will be huge for your training.  If you did, my apologies. :)

3 minutes ago, jaysdailydose said:

Big thing with your scouts... let's say one was 10/10 but favors your formation and playing style -- I'd be more likely to sign him than a 13/13 who likes a different formation or playing style.  People always treat the JCA/JPA as an end-all, be-all, and while it is certainly important (along with Determination and Adaptability, Man Management for a Chief Scout, and Tactical Knowledge for a Next Opposition Scout) -- having a scout who knows the type of players that fit your formation can be worth even more.  

If you don't already use this filter in this screenshot, it is huge, too.  

I download a filters package mod, and a views package mod that is also very helpful -- but this is the most important thing, as it lets you know "Every single one of these guys will consider working for your first team" and obviously extra useful when hiring coaches for a youth team, or physios, etc.  

Just being thorough, so I apologize if this is information you already are aware of.

ScoutFilter.thumb.jpg.47dac27d95154805a6b902b7c33f1436.jpg

Oh man, thanks for this. And no, I had no idea there even was a filters package mod, so this is definitely all new to me :D

1 minute ago, jaysdailydose said:

Yeah, regular season I use Balanced/Low, 20% Match Training (2 clicks from the right.)  That will allow you positional training, and either a focus or a preferred move training, and keeps training workload at Medium.  For the most part, whining players will sometimes still cry about workload even at medium, if it's a "high" medium.  Preseason, I do Fitness/High, for like 3-4 weeks, and then Team Cohesion/High for 1-2, with 50% Match Training and Match Tactics for the match preparation.  

Another thing you may know, but being thorough, but "Tactical" for General Training does NOT add to tactical familiarity, just players tactical attributes -- the only way to get higher tactical familiarity is through Match Preparation.  If you didn't already know that, it will be huge for your training.  If you did, my apologies. :)

This, I did know about to some extent, but not to that detail. Thanks for this information :)

Off to adjust my sliders 

Just now, theonets said:

Oh man, thanks for this. And no, I had no idea there even was a filters package mod, so this is definitely all new to me :D

Let me find you the link for them, one second.  Down at the bottom of that screenshot, I made the attribute view, though. :)   But yeah, that area I pointed to saves so much time because you know staff that shows up WILL come work for you.  You may have to give them a kick-arse contract or something, but they will work for you.  I'm glad that was helpful information, I figured you may have already knew it, but I'm glad I took the shot.  

It may take me an extra second to find a pack for FM18, I still play FM17.  But I should be able to find one, one sec.

Just now, theonets said:

This, I did know about to some extent, but not to that detail. Thanks for this information :)

Off to adjust my sliders 

I can't claim a lot of credit on that one.  I was very close to the same conclusion, but Cleon and others did a lot of testing on this a few years back, and it is hands down the best way to develop players, in my opinion... while also keeping the amount of training injuries low.  It works very well!  Off to find you some filters/views.  Be right back.

I can't claim a lot of credit on that one.  I was very close to the same conclusion, but Cleon and others did a lot of testing on this a few years back, and it is hands down the best way to develop players, in my opinion... while also keeping the amount of training injuries low.  It works very well!  Off to find you some filters/views.  Be right back.

Here, I would grab the pack from each of these links.  They are easy installs, but directions are in the link.  Jamie's are the ones I use for FM17, so shouldn't be much modification to get them to behave exactly as you wish -- and boy are they helpful for at-a-glance information.

https://www.fmscout.com/a-jamies-essential-fm18-filters.html

https://www.fmscout.com/a-jamies-essential-fm18-views.html

Here, I would grab the pack from each of these links.  They are easy installs, but directions are in the link.  Jamie's are the ones I use for FM17, so shouldn't be much modification to get them to behave exactly as you wish -- and boy are they helpful for at-a-glance information.

https://www.fmscout.com/a-jamies-essential-fm18-filters.html

https://www.fmscout.com/a-jamies-essential-fm18-views.html

I'm using FM2017 as well :P

Found it from there, so thanks for the link :D

Just now, theonets said:

I'm using FM2017 as well :P

Found it from there, so thanks for the link :D

Awesome!  Yeah, this will show you how specific it gets down to Staff Views.  Just realize, a lot of these you might have to drop the requirements down for, but it will at least let you know exactly what you want to focus on for each role, specifically.  And helps you set it up in one click. :)

MyFilters.thumb.jpg.c4dad6d857b1ef60b38a5a946fe1a068.jpg

I'm going to go get some playtime in, but I get audio notifications whenever a post is made, so if you have anymore questions about anything at all, feel free.  I miss my blog so very badly, trying to make people into better FM players was what I used to do, but alas, my life has changed. :(

I had originally been coming to post this as I was getting started... I cashed in all my transfer clauses and it brought the budget up enough to sign this wonderful player... everyone knows I was looking for one more central defender... well, now I've found him, and I can't WAIT for January to get here!

RudigerDeal.thumb.jpg.183c20dbe37c2a5afe23956b19d2d872.jpg

(EDIT: I could even consider a three-at-the-back tactic now, if all three of my main central defenders were fit.  van Dijk, Riedewald, and Rudiger would be one hell of a defensive trio!)

Edited by jaysdailydose

6 minutes ago, jaysdailydose said:

I had originally been coming to post this as I was getting started... I cashed in all my transfer clauses and it brought the budget up enough to sign this wonderful player... everyone knows I was looking for one more central defender... well, now I've found him, and I can't WAIT for January to get here!

RudigerDeal.thumb.jpg.183c20dbe37c2a5afe23956b19d2d872.jpg

(EDIT: I could even consider a three-at-the-back tactic now, if all three of my main central defenders were fit.  van Dijk, Riedewald, and Rudiger would be one hell of a defensive trio!)

Woooah, that looks like an amazing signing 

2 minutes ago, theonets said:

Installed the filters. It looks absolutely stunning, I can't believe I've been clicking those attributes manually and setting values one by one all these years :D 

Yeah, kits, badges, and real names are all obviously amazing -- but having mods that have such function are a great thing, too! :)  

It is a real time saver, and makes you focus on what is important.  That site is a great place to get graphical mods and a lot of other stuff as well, so enjoy!  Glad I was able to be helpful to you!

1 minute ago, theonets said:

Woooah, that looks like an amazing signing 

And I am still yet to spend £30M on anyone.  But have sold a player for 30M... that I never anticipated would have ever brought that much. (Manolo Gabbiadini, 30M to Spurs)

He had scored 18 and made 8 in all competitions for me last season, mostly from the right -- but still only averaged 6.87 in the League.  He was excellent in Cup play, and in Europe, though -- averaging 7.40 and 7.47 respectively, in 18 total appearances between them.

Still, at 25, and a 3*/3* that was no longer expected to improve, and was only valued at 27M?  I about bit Pochettino's hand off for 30M all at once, no clauses, no addons.  

He's done well for them so far, with 4 goals in 13 appearances and an average of 7.06 -- but I don't feel that is £30M.

I'm not complaining, though.  It was his sale that allowed me to buy Guidetti, and pay for some of this transfer.

I'd upvote you, but I'm out of reactions for the day :P

I've always loved the press in this game

"Why do you think Guardiola has such a good record over you?"

Jeez, I wonder, he's spent more on one player (Griezmann) than I have here over two transfer windows, he has Gnabry who has scored at least wonder goal per game played :D

And I am still yet to spend £30M on anyone.  But have sold a player for 30M... that I never anticipated would have ever brought that much. (Manolo Gabbiadini, 30M to Spurs)

He had scored 18 and made 8 in all competitions for me last season, mostly from the right -- but still only averaged 6.87 in the League.  He was excellent in Cup play, and in Europe, though -- averaging 7.40 and 7.47 respectively, in 18 total appearances between them.

Still, at 25, and a 3*/3* that was no longer expected to improve, and was only valued at 27M?  I about bit Pochettino's hand off for 30M all at once, no clauses, no addons.  

He's done well for them so far, with 4 goals in 13 appearances and an average of 7.06 -- but I don't feel that is £30M.

I'm not complaining, though.  It was his sale that allowed me to buy Guidetti, and pay for some of this transfer.

Amazing :)