FM18 [WIP] Isles Of Scilly - The (Unofficial ) Smallest League In the World

Image result for scilly isles logo

Hi there welcome to my project, The Isles  Of Scilly Football league system, the worlds smallest league. So far things have been going well below is what has been created so far. I have put many hours into this database however I would Love some help to get my vision working and on Steam, if anyone can help please feel free, you will get credit for working on this project .  The current version of the database will be uploaded here so please have a try, let me know your thoughts, thanks in advanced. 

History

In the 1920s, the Lyonnesse Inter-Island Cup, a competition between the islands of St. Mary's, Tresco, St. Martins, Bryher and St. Agnes, was formed. By the 1950s, only two clubs remained - the Rangers and the Rovers. In 1984 the two clubs changed their names to the Garrison Gunners and the Woolpack Wanderers, which are their current names.

The League competition involves the Woolpack Wanderers and the Garrison Gunners playing each other every Sunday seventeen times. There also exist two Cups: The Wholesalers Cup and the Foredeck Cup, which is played over two legs. An "Old Men versus the Youngsters" match is played on Boxing Day. The season itself starts with the Charity Shield.[1] All the matches are played on the Garrison football field, on the island of St. Mary's.

The league is played during the winter, from mid-November until the end of March.[1][6]

Occasionally, a combined Scilly Isles team play a team Newlyn Non Athletico, a team at level 14 of the English football league system. A team from Truro visits annually to play against a combined team.

The Woolpack Wanderers have won the Charity Cup 5 times - in 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007. In addition, they have won the Lioness Shield twice - in 2006 and 2007.[7]

The Garrison Gunners have won the Lioness Shield once, in 2005.

The Isles of Scilly are struggling to hold on to their young people. There is no sixth form on the Isles so when youngsters turn 16, they go to the mainland. In addition, house prices are expensive, so they tend not to return until much older. As a result, the number of players in the league is dwindling. 

Wikipedia

League Structure

• The Isles Of Scilly Football League .
  • Charity Shield.
  • Fordeck Cup over 2 Legs . 
  • Wholesalers Cup .
  • The Lyonesse Cup (This can not be recreated in game , however instead the last winner of the league play truro from the main land) .

Teams

• Wolfpack Wanderers .
  • The Garrison Gunners .
  • National Team 

Players/Non Playing Staff

Both team captains of their respected teams. 

• Anthony  Gibbons.
  • Andy Hicks.
  • Paul Charnock  (Match Official ).

City/Towns

• Higher Town.
  • The Town.
  • New Grimsby.
  • Middle Town.
  • Hugh Town.

Stadiums

• Garrison Football Field (used by both teams and the national side).

Background

Everything has been design so that the charm of this small league is captured. All games are held at 10:30 AM on a Sunday apart from one of the cups (needs fixing). Both teams are amateur and allays fan owned , with finances designed so that they stay small and never progress (they break even every year). I have also made sure that they do not qualify for the Europa or Champions League as the money received was causing issues, and they do not qualify in real life. Everything has been made as close to the real thing as possible using as much data as i can find on line.  

Fixes and Additions

There are some things in this database that need addressing and fixing.

1. First of all The Fordeck  needs to be played on a Sunday at 10:30 AM, for some reason even though it has been set it always moves the game.  
  2. Youth and Reserve Leagues need to be created, i can create the teams but can not get any for of leagues to work (currently teams do not receive youth intakes).
  3. There seems to be a lack of non playing/playing  staff took me 3 years to find a fitness coach, the game seems to not create people, and we can't hire foreign staff  or foreign players due to scouting reach.
  4. The match official does not seem to officiate any games, not sure why it has been set. 
  5. Teams do not seem to transfer players/ release players. When the youth intake was working over 5 years teams did not get rid of a single player.   
  6. Add The available Honours to the cups. 
  7. Would be great to add some more known league players if possible.
  8. Kits and Badges.  

Images

image.thumb.png.896d97688f7343b9e4a439059c7d14fc.pngimage.thumb.png.06609f7e978b0fdb435baab90ad30c29.png

image.thumb.png.d5dbad868f5d10ee3b5fd12069832de4.pngimage.thumb.png.da7c4c80bf64c1c595904d7803c9845b.png

image.thumb.png.7e294355e8ce7452f077fe92ebdeb917.pngimage.thumb.png.c971e95c439ab4a20dda43c41507e441.png

image.thumb.png.0f2d195bc0ead1619faf9e3e7769e6c5.pngimage.thumb.png.5881cb03ae144b4456709c33aa5d736f.png

image.png

Scilly 1.3 2018.fmf

2 hours ago, lo.simon said:

I LOVE IT, it's wonderful

Good idea, and the level of player ? 

very low but thats the charm, i have done some research and it seems there is only one team hence why it is the unofficial smallest league. they seem to be one team split into two, so i have an idea to merge them together so one is a B team of the other. That way we can have a single youth team and players can move more freely.   

Surely with only 2 teams you can get the correct players ?? Great Idea screenshots are excellent.

You could add media sources could only find one though http://www.scillytoday.com/category/sports/football/

This might help http://www.rsssf.com/tabless/scilly.html#champ

Here is the Lyonesse Cup love it

Garrison Gunners attached can't find Woolpack but there is this aswell

garrison.jpg

Logos_kleinsteLigaderWelt.jpg

Spoiler
56 minutes ago, cel1234 said:

Surely with only 2 teams you can get the correct players ?? Great Idea screenshots are excellent.

You could add media sources could only find one though http://www.scillytoday.com/category/sports/football/

This might help http://www.rsssf.com/tabless/scilly.html#champ

Here is the Lyonesse Cup love it

Garrison Gunners attached can't find Woolpack but there is this aswell

garrison.jpg

Logos_kleinsteLigaderWelt.jpg

Dude thank you for this yes it is possible to get the players for this league, but i am not sure where to start as there is no available information apart from the know players. I am still having a big issue with youth teams it seems that clubs just stock up their youth intakes so within 4 years they have over 45+ players. i have managed to get brexit working so   you may or may not leave Europe within 5 years like the rest of the UK. The teams are now set up as affiliates sharing the same  facilities scouting knowledge and board.

I have also set custom weather for the islands as they have a warmer climate in the spring and summer and winter but to get the odd Atlantic Storm. I am also checking weather if the population of the towns are increased do you get more playing and non playing staff available. 

54 minutes ago, cel1234 said:

Maybe ask on here mate https://twitter.com/IOS_WSL they have results up-to-date i'm sure they could help.

Also Radio Scilly can be a media source  http://www.radioscilly.com

Great Work Will defiantly do this  

5 hours ago, oche balboa said:

The only thing you can do with youth intakes is not have them and set up 2 academy sides 

This is a good shout however i will need to make a youth league as you do not receive and players otherwise each year, i also want to put a minimum age of 21 in the   main league and maximum 21 in the youth league that way teams will then hopefully use the players correctly.

Thanks for all the help keep it coming as i do appreciate it. 

I don't know if its possible but in real life both teams choose their squad for the season from taking names out of a hat, I don't know if you can do some sort of draft like they have in the MLS with only players with Scilly nationality

7 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I don't know if its possible but in real life both teams choose their squad for the season from taking names out of a hat, I don't know if you can do some sort of draft like they have in the MLS with only players with Scilly nationality

That is amazing!

3 minutes ago, lo.simon said:

It's possible to creat other leagues as Jersey, Guernesey, Isle of Man, Alderney, Sark; Isle of Wright, Shetland, Lewis and Harris, Isle of Mull; Orkney?

ANd after make a champions english/Scottish isles and plays Islands games for the national team

Probably not like old FM versions as you cant get many more countries with Europe as their continent without it breaking

Yes that takes far too long, i think for now it is best to keep one new nation, there are a few small nations in the wold that are not fifa members so i am sure there can be some kind of islands cup created. 

6 hours ago, Coxbox said:

Yes that takes far too long, i think for now it is best to keep one new nation, there are a few small nations in the wold that are not fifa members so i am sure there can be some kind of islands cup created. 

Micronesia, Kiribati to name 2 that are in the game

In the U18s did you put in minimum U18 players ?? Do teams start with players if you tick add players to teams ?? Leave the Youth league Blank as shown and use custom divs/cups and select Scilly Youth League. Also i got db to make my reserve/youth teams also see pic.

Screenshot (556).png

Screenshot (557).png

Screenshot (558).png

Screenshot (559).png

just testing now thanks @Humbby

This is perfect just have to change two league rules from when i was testing the other day, now i have to holiday for a few years. I also want to change how the club is funded as i noticed by 2027 teams had a fair pile of money due to paying no wages and increasing sponsorship so  I will add club membership instead. 

walpackwanderers.png

garrison gunners.png

isleofscilly300.gif

Update 

1. Still had no word from the the league on the players, may need to remind them.
  2. Some bugs with players, after holidaying to 2027 the more successful team signs everyone while the other team has 3 non grey players.   
  3. Teams sign U22 players even though they cant use them, may have fixed this with nation transfer preferences. 
  4. Tried to make another cup Oldies V youngsters, but it would not work for some reason. 

If this player thing works i will upload on here a version you can all test and play.

• 3 months later...

Hi there it has been a while though I would give an update on the progression of this database.

Whats Happened

• I have fixed the youth teams, there is a U21 league now that mirrors the main league, players cant play senior matches until they are 21.
  • Decided to add players to each of the teams, see below.

Whats Next

• I need to add a reserve league, as i have noticed fringe players being put in with the U21 sides.
  • Need to fix the staff, for some reason when looking for staff ti hire there is non available, this is a little annoying.

*I Need Players*
I have decided to allow the community to make players for this league after talks with the official league never went further on twitter. Below you will find a form please fill this in and help me populate the league. Please make sure you follow the steps and keep things realistic no silly names, also remember this is in the UK region, no foreign names. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfnsr_Ov-t7EVv5fhPnUitq-4G_Y9K5Zdeb4jUxqAAnmVqVGw/viewform?usp=sf_link

I will also be releasing a build in the next day or two so far i have tested to 2026 with no major issues apart from the ones listed above. 

You make the Picking day ?

As MLS draft ? I'ts possible in the editor ?

Normally this day i try to make others English islands as Jersey, Guernesey, Alderney, Sark, Isle of Man. Make national team if it's posible...

I hope

2 hours ago, lo.simon said:

You make the Picking day ?

As MLS draft ? I'ts possible in the editor ?

Normally this day i try to make others English islands as Jersey, Guernesey, Alderney, Sark, Isle of Man. Make national team if it's posible...

I hope

I am afraid it is not possible the draft is hard codded into the game. 

*A Quick Update*

So it seems that i can not add my own custom players to the league this cases problems with how regens are made. To simply put it, the names of regens and created players are based off of the names of players/nonplayers from the nation.  This means that if you have 30 custom players for the nation you find that the regens have the names in different combinations.

I have gone back to a older version of this database and implemented some of the newer changes, players will now be generated via the game  thus removing the above issue. How ever a few other problems have shown itself, i would like the teams to be allays armature but  by doing so the clubs do not release their players , after testing for 10 years in the game , teams had over 60 players in their first teams.  If i set the clubs to be Semi Pro this fixes the issue but causes financial instability with both teams over a 10 year period, taking on loans to keep them in the black.

Good new is that i have made a graphics pack for the nation clubs and leagues i will be posting this ASAP.

1 hour ago, lo.simon said:

@Coxbox i've try to make Picking day but the draft day it's impossible.

How did you do to create a new nation?

you have to edit the game files so that you can change the continent of a nation, then you just edit a defunct nation. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2018 at 14:02, Dan BHTFC said:

Do you have a list of the winners of the competitions? I can't find any recent tables

I am Afraid Not i found a few odd results from wikipedia and some other sites via google. 

1 hour ago, Coxbox said:

I am Afraid Not i found a few odd results from wikipedia and some other sites via google. 

Yeah I had a look around for competition winners but the info doesn't look like its out there

• 1 month later...

Archived