The Official Chelsea Premiership Champions Thread 2005/06

JoeyM

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

Why have we gone so rubbish? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you're ****ing dire you really really are.

Get a bloody grip son.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Another thing is anyone else noticing how much we are missing drogba? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, loads. His style is so central to our game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Coming down the Brdige on Sunday for the game, you boys gonna create an atmosphere? I'm just intending on giving it the 5 all game tbf

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a seat at the back of the Shed about 3 gates down from the red mickeys, I'm gonna be as loud as I can all ****ing game icon_cool.gif

Looking forward to it loads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Another thing is anyone else noticing how much we are missing drogba? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Coming down the Brdige on Sunday for the game, you boys gonna create an atmosphere? I'm just intending on giving it the 5 all game tbf

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a seat at the back of the Shed about 3 gates down from the red mickeys, I'm gonna be as loud as I can all ****ing game icon_cool.gif

Looking forward to it loads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know where the away coaches will be parked?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

Why have we gone so rubbish? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you're ****ing dire you really really are.

Get a bloody grip son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha ha take me seriously why don't you spaz icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CKKJ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking forward to it loads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know where the away coaches will be parked? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In front of the goal no doubt icon_wink.gif

Good victory for us on Sunday. Started slow but the goal give us confidence and i believe that we deserved it based on the second half, goal wrongly ruled out. Think that should calm the nerves down a bit and a few more victories and we should be on our way to consecutive titles. icon_smile.gif

I heard your lot smashed up a few things, tills, tvs and the like </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yas icon_cool.gif

shanyi did you watch the match? lampard didn't have a kick, neither did gerrard admittedly.

• Administrators

btw, because it wasn't covered anywhere, the following points of interest re: our finances

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> An overall reduction in payroll costs of 6% to £108.9m from £115.5m (2003/04)

<LI> Reduction in player acquisition costs to £101m from £175.1m (in the year 2005/06 player acquisition costs are currently estimated at £57.7m, a further significant reduction)

<LI> A 4.1% increase in football revenues to £122.7m from £117.9m

<LI> A reduction in turnover to £146.6m from £152.1m. The drop is due to the sale of Chelsea Village Travel. Sales for CVT were £9.9m

<LI> A reduction in payroll costs as a percentage of sales to 74.3% from 75.9%

<LI> Drop in group operating loss to £6.3m from £13.1m (this figure is before depreciation, amortisation and exceptional items)

<LI> Increased loss before taxation to £140m from £87.8m. This is almost entirely due to a series of exceptional one-off items, Umbro termination £25.5m, Mutu write-off £13.8m, Veron write-off £9m and academy recruitment £5m (combined £53.3m)

Which is all good.

I've also read the fan forum feedback today, Kenyon is basically saying that if ticket prices stay as they are for next season they work at a loss of 3% based on the rate of inflation. So, assuming he applies a 3% rise in ticket prices, it'll cost £51 to watch a Chelsea game next season.

icon14.gif just posting to say i'm touched at Roman's gesture of donating 20 grand of his own money to try and help us not go bust.

Just hope the other big club's chairmen do the same but i'm not holding my breath.

Chelsea gone up in my estimation a lot for this, they didn't have to do anything but have been kind enough to help us when we were in trouble.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by merry_miller:

icon14.gif just posting to say i'm touched at Roman's gesture of donating 20 grand of his own money to try and help us not go bust.

Just hope the other big club's chairmen do the same but i'm not holding my breath.

Chelsea gone up in my estimation a lot for this, they didn't have to do anything but have been kind enough to help us when we were in trouble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not as though 20 grand is that much to him at all

Not necessarily to Boro but we've been gash recently, something was coming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't see a 3-0 pasting though. I thnk it'll be good in the long run. They'll have to buck their ideas up. Wouldn't fancy going into training on Monday!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wycombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by merry_miller:

Chelsea gone up in my estimation a lot for this, they didn't have to do anything but have been kind enough to help us when we were in trouble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not as though 20 grand is that much to him at all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least he did something.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Plenty of other owners in the premiership could quite easily afford to donate 20k to the cause but only Chelsea have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or maybe only Chelsea have made it public.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Plenty of other owners in the premiership could quite easily afford to donate 20k to the cause but only Chelsea have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or maybe only Chelsea have made it public. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chelsea didn't make it public.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

We'll donate £20k, if your players come round and work on the stadium that's crippling usd financially. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No deal we could do with em working on the stand we are building n crippling us financially.

That's hardly the point though, it's not like Roman had to donate anything to help us, could have quite easily done nothing at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to roman 20k is nothing at all, he probably lights his cigars with that.

doubtful, how many clubs in the premiership are actually profitable?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

We'll donate £20k, if your players come round and work on the stadium that's crippling usd financially. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No deal we could do with em working on the stand we are building n crippling us financially. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough icon_biggrin.gif

Christ, the Chelsea thread being used for posting. icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">doubtful, how many clubs in the premiership are actually profitable? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its nothing to do with Chelsea, its the owner thats donating it.

Pretty sure the Glazers/Dein's/Whelan's/Parry's are multi millionaires in their own right at least so if they wanted to could donate as much from their own money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wycombe:

That's hardly the point though, it's not like Roman had to donate anything to help us, could have quite easily done nothing at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to roman 20k is nothing at all, he probably lights his cigars with that.

doubtful, how many clubs in the premiership are actually profitable? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love the way when chelsea do something bad wicom is up in arms and when we do something good he has a paddy as well.

Its nothing to do with Chelsea, its the owner thats donating it.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Chelsea gone up in my estimation a lot for this, they didn't have to do anything but have been kind enough to help us when we were in trouble.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powlay:

was a good game today icon_smile.gif

lampard is by far the best player i have ever seen, Carvahlo or whatever way its spelt looked more like frank sinclair than a premier league winner icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fecking hell Chris, long time icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cesc Fabregas the Phenom:

Fecking hell Chris, long time icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i know, been a while hasnt it!

Archived