Injury simulator

So, I download the demo to see if the game was good this year,and I took M.United to test.
The game is fine,excluding for the fact that I don't even got on october,and I already have 8 major injuries.
Really, what is this? I followed the medical instruction, didn't risk my player, but they still get major injuries.
I will not buy a game that before the winter transfer window I have to buy new first team players,because the ones that are in the club are just hanging on the medical center.

2 minutes ago, masno said:

So, I download the demo to see if the game was good this year,and I took M.United to test.
The game is fine,excluding for the fact that I don't even got on october,and I already have 8 major injuries.
Really, what is this? I followed the medical instruction, didn't risk my player, but they still get major injuries.
I will not buy a game that before the winter transfer window I have to buy new first team players,because the ones that are in the club are just hanging on the medical center.

Injury levels in-game are at about 75-80% of real life. Have a look through here for help with this: https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2017/85_gameplay/

Just now, HUNT3R said:

Injury levels in-game are at about 75-80% of real life. Have a look through here for help with this: https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2017/85_gameplay/

In this case I disagree a little.
I know in real life injuries are worst, but not that common.
I got like, not even half of my best 11 on the team,and not even to complete the bench without getting a lot of s-23
This is very unreal to me.

If FM is an injury simulator, it's a lacking one (on purpose, due to "popular" demand, which sadly affects opposition just as well who have all their players ready and under fire typically. The only thing increased was the short-term knocks, so that the total number of injuries now can compare to real life rates (roughly 50-60 first team injuries over the course of the season on average with your tapical squad).

However, in real football, roughly 50% of injuries aren't those knocks, but 14 days+, which is also why depending on when you look, you get complete fantasy injury tables on occasion, a league averaging two first team injured out at best (a number also displayed in the medical centre). If they tuned this to be significantly lower, AI prospect would likely get even less playing time. It needs to be higher if anything. It would also increase the chance of springing a few surprises, as sides going with 8-9+ first squad members out in any league is pretty common place at varioius points of the season (except, traditionally, in FM).

Anybody who fundamentally disagrees with this is either unlucky or doesn't have a clue - fact. Traditionally you don't even need to manage much, however, injury rates will always be hugely influenced by randomness, which is a viable source of frustration, as is the case in football. If that weren't the case, the top clubs having top class coaching and medical staff would guaranteed to have fewer injuries, which obviously ain't the case. Guardiola at Bayern had severe crisis in all of his seasons there, which lead to quite a bit of turmoil, and the Munich staff of many seasons resigning. And LvG's last season would have been sadly reported as a bug by 9.9/10 FM'ers (going into the Europa League in spring with 15 first squad members out in the cold). That's like a once in a lifetime occurance in FM, whilst a league averaging but 2-3 first squad members out is far too frequent due to the majority of inured (long-term) being knocks, rather than anything severe.

Yearly injury rant over. :D

15 minutes ago, masno said:

In this case I disagree a little.
I know in real life injuries are worst, but not that common.
I got like, not even half of my best 11 on the team,and not even to complete the bench without getting a lot of s-23
This is very unreal to me.

You base this on one save game with Man U?

How high is the intensity of your tactic? Do you close down more? Do you use Stay on Feet?

Are the injuries mainly from matches or training?

Do you play players without full match fitness?

Do you rotate?

If you deal with all of these questions and still have a lot of injuries it's probably just bad luck.

2 minutes ago, Karnack said:

You base this on one save game with Man U?

How high is the intensity of your tactic? Do you close down more? Do you use Stay on Feet?

Are the injuries mainly from matches or training?

Do you play players without full match fitness?

Do you rotate?

If you deal with all of these questions and still have a lot of injuries it's probably just bad luck.

Is not red, close down more,and just it,I play on slow.

mainly from training,that is standard, I didn't touched it, the ones from matches are from faults.

I never put player without match fitness on full games,just like 10-20 minutes.

I use a lot of the team,all the players play, its rare one player that played every single match on a month,I normally put players in one game,two at maximum,then let them rest.

Maybe just a bad luck.

And I did a save with man.city too, I didn't had that many of injuries on the first team, the reserves got them too, which was better.

10 minutes ago, Svenc said:

If FM is an injury simulator, it's a lacking one (on purpose, due to "popular" demand, which sadly affects opposition just as well who have all their players ready and under fire typically. The only thing increased was the short-term knocks, so that the total number of injuries now can compare to real life rates (roughly 50-60 injured on average).

However, in real football, roughly 50% of injuries aren't those knocks, but 14 days+, whichi s also why depending on when you look, you get complete fantasy injury tables on occasioin of the league averaging two first team injured out at best (a number also displayed in the medical centre). If they tuned this to be significantly lower, AI prospect would likely get even less playing time. It needs to be higher if anything. It would also increase the chance of springing a few surprises, as sides going with 8-9+ first squad members out in any league is pretty common place at varioius points of the season (except, traditionally, in FM).

Anybody who fundamentally disagrees with this is either unlucky or doesn't have a clue - fact. Traditionally you don't even need to manage much, however, injury rates will always be hugely influenced by randomness, as is the case in football. If that weren't the case, the top clubs having top class coaching and medical staff would consistently have fewer injuries, which obviously ain't the case. Guardiola at Bayern had severe crisis in all of his seasons there, which lead to quite a bit of turmoil, and the Munich staff of many seasons resigning. And LvG's last season would have been sadly reported as a bug by 9.9/10 FM'ers.

Yearly injury rant over. :D

I know injuries are common in rl, I really know, the things is that a rotating team got 8 first team, and 4 reserves before october, from these 12 (excluding ibra) I had 5 injuries of 3 months, and the rest are 2-4 weeks, not even 1-3 days.
And no, I don't use that thing that players can play the other game, I send them directly to the medical center.

3 minutes ago, masno said:

Is not red, close down more,and just it,I play on slow.

mainly from training,that is standard, I didn't touched it, the ones from matches are from faults.

I never put player without match fitness on full games,just like 10-20 minutes.

I use a lot of the team,all the players play, its rare one player that played every single match on a month,I normally put players in one game,two at maximum,then let them rest.

Maybe just a bad luck.

And I did a save with man.city too, I didn't had that many of injuries on the first team, the reserves got them too, which was better.

You might have a case of bad luck then. Not sure about the Man U squad, are there a lot of players with "Might have problems with injuries"?

My two first Liverpool-saves was insanely hard since I averaged a 1-2 week injury for every game during pre-season. I stopped adding "close down more" until all of my players were at least 85% match fit. Not sure if that was the reason but since then I've had a lot less injuries. 

1 minute ago, Karnack said:

You might have a case of bad luck then. Not sure about the Man U squad, are there a lot of players with "Might have problems with injuries"?

My two first Liverpool-saves was insanely hard since I averaged a 1-2 week injury for every game during pre-season. I stopped adding "close down more" until all of my players were at least 85% match fit. Not sure if that was the reason but since then I've had a lot less injuries. 

I think not, like 11 players (ibra not counting) have this same trait?

Maybe 1 or 2, but eleven?

• SI Staff

Injuries are at roughly 80% of real life figures.

Whilst having 8 Major injuries before the half way point in the season does indeed sound unfortunate it is not impossible. It is worth looking at injuries over the longer term, say a full season or even two, in order to judge their frequency. It is also worth comparing yourself to the AI teams in your league; if they all have 20 major injuries by the end of the season it is a bug, if they have a normal amount and you have 20 it is something you are doing, either the players you have (injury prone) or the training/tactic/rotation that you run with.

Leaving all training to my coaches I get almost no injuries at all, which I find a bit unrealistic. If anything I would like to see those 20-25% extra injuries to match the real life numbers.

I guess that shows how different two users can experience the same game.

@masno: I understand how that feels, but I'm fairly certain that if you start a new game, you will see nothing of the sort. Unless you have done something dramatically wrong, and it sounds like you haven't, you have simply had incredibly bad luck. There is never any guarantee against that.

Think about this: I once had two major leg injuries in one match (one was an ACL, the other was a broken leg, I think). Also, in my first season, Daniel Sturridge had no injuries at all.

An awful lot of people are playing this game. Even the unlikeliest scenarios are quite likely to occur in somebody's game.

15 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Think about this: I once had two major leg injuries in one match (one was an ACL, the other was a broken leg, I think). Also, in my first season, Daniel Sturridge had no injuries at all.

Say what...Sturridge had no injuries for one entire season ????????????

SI, FIX THIS GAME NOW...LOL

Just kidding, but my experience is that if training is in the assistant managers hands, we get more injuries, USUALY at least...

• SI Staff
52 minutes ago, Nuno Dias said:

Say what...Sturridge had no injuries for one entire season ????????????

SI, FIX THIS GAME NOW...LOL

Just kidding, but my experience is that if training is in the assistant managers hands, we get more injuries, USUALY at least...

I would suggest you either get a more suitable Assistant Manager, take over training yourself (it is intentional that taking more control should lead to better results afterall, similar to say if you just played with a blank 442 vs. a carefully constructed 4231), or log us a bug if it really does look off and we'll investigate.

Archived