Stadium Backgrounds On Matchdays

dansh1989

Anyone know if we will be able to use stadium backgrounds on Matchdays in FM18? Or whether this is something that can be done whilst creating a skin. Always played 2d in the past that allows the stadium to be shown in the background. 2d classic this year just has a greyed out background. Is this something that can be done?I know there's been big changes this version but here's hoping 🤞

Screenshot_20171028-091121.png

20170410_123950.jpg

On the default skins they will show up behind the pinned widgets (which is the split-view equivalent), for other parts of the game we won't know if they can be made visible until release of the full game when we can access the game files.

Though if stadium backgrounds showed up behind the 2D classic pitch in FM17 and don't in FM18 then might be best raising the issue in the bugs forum so it can be changed for release.

On FM17 the backgrounds could be seen on 2d view but I'm pretty sure they couldn't be seen in the 2d classic view due to it filling the screen and showing stadium roof/stands. FM18 2d classic view just has the greyed out background. Hopefully this can be made transparent which will allow backgrounds to be seen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 13:15, deanorfc1 said:

No Stadium backgrounds on matchdays in between highlights, unfortunatly just the background of the animated stadium.

Be brilliant if the stadium background image would appear in between the highlights to give the proper matchday feel.

I agree with this, hopefully this is something that can be edited. The stadium background pictures are there, behind the 3D pitch, if you click on upload match highlights, you see the stadium background picture appear.

Hopefully we can find a way of turning off the 3D pitch, in between highlights, and at the end of the game - to show the stadium background pictures instead.

I have always been playing FM in 2D, never in 3D never been a fan of 3D, and when I turned on the 2D for this year’s version I must say I got really disappointed, why did SI-games change this?

I really hope someone can figure out a way to turn of the 3D pitch so the stadium background picture appear in match, yes and also at the end of the game.

Progress is being made, though I have no idea if it is disabling the 3D match or just hiding it, if it's just hiding it won't help people on low spec machines.

capture_002_12112017_214837.thumb.png.d8776293e3ad163df55b1451c05a937e.pngcapture_001_12112017_214439.thumb.png.1fa3bfc09a75525538964b4c76b47442.png

Though at the moment that breaks showing backgrounds outside of the match, so I need to play around with the code and ids to see if I can get them all playing nicely - so it'll be at least a week or so.

19 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Though at the moment that breaks showing backgrounds outside of the match, so I need to play around with the code and ids to see if I can get them all playing nicely - so it'll be at least a week or so.

Excellent, thanks for looking into this!

20 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

A Basic version is ready for testing, as I don't use stadium backgrounds just need a couple of people to play through as many matches as they can checking to see which screens it does and doesn't appear on during a live match and if it works fine when you go back to an already played match. Also if you can check to see if makes any performance differences or not.

Fm18matchdaybackgroundsEXPERIMENTAL.zip

Installation Instructions

- Unzip the file and place the client_object folder inside the panels folder for the skin you are using, if you are using the default skins then switch to the base skins, if you are using the dark skin you'll need to follow the instructions from the base skins thread to make the backgrounds visible.

Known problems;

- Images won't appear behind the in-between highlights panel, however they should appear behind the pinned widgets on the pitch screen.
- The background image is overriding the trophy presentation screen, so you won't be able to see that.

- No guarantees this version won't cause the game to crash as the match screens seem really temperamental about crashing when they find code they don't like, so save your game before and after a match.

Also please don't upload this file elsewhere as it's only an experimental version and not ready for wide use.

Hopefully if no other issues come up, I'll see if I can find a way to get the trophy presentation working and get a proper version out over the weekend.

3 hours ago, LeeCutty said:

I didn't know that was a thing :idiot:

match.png

You need to create a 'client_object' folder in the panels folder and then place the 'client object browser' xml file in that folder instead of just in the panels folder. (When you extracted the zip file it should have put the file in a client_object folder and it's that folder that goes in the panels folder).

I've managed to get these working, here are my results/feedback:

Formations Screen:

5odxfs.jpg

• Works as intended, but its a shame the green formations graphic and red subs blocks are so poorly designed - are these editable at all?

In Game Screen:

izc26p.jpg

• Background pictures don't load here, unless I've messed up?

Half Time Screen:

21jxgnc.jpg

• Works, but could do with an opacity panel so the information can be read on the left, like with the full time screen shot below.

Full Time Screen:

2h6hzeo.jpg

• Works perfectly.

Great work:applause: Again, shame we can't use your "overview" match-in-between-highlights mod instead of the "review" at the end of the game.

I'm going to test this again though, because after the game it froze on the review tab and I had to force quit and exit the game.

54 minutes ago, stevemc said:

It's certainly more stable now, I must have done something to cause the crash. But working great now. @michaeltmurrayuk I presume the pictures don't show through during the match, even on commentary only?

I don't think so, you might be able to get them if you can pin the widgets and drag the dock to cover the screen, that's if the widgets work on commentary mode or you can switch to one of the other tabs where they should show.

Though if people play commentary only I can release a version when it is done where the pitch view is disabled completely as that's the easy bit.

4 hours ago, stevemc said:

No worries, I use 3D, but I was just curious if they'd work in commentary only.

No they don't, for commentary only the main screen is the pitch screen which is now in place of the old split screen.

The only thing with disabling the pitch view @michaeltmurrayuk is that all the main match stats are on that page for commentary only.

I've had a play about with the pinned widget and doing this gets them to show but when trying to add multiple widgets to how I have it in the last screenshot I posted the pinned widget disappears.

Its also messed with something as now my player rating widget has gone and I can't get it back with anything I try.

I tried the Fm18matchdaybackgroundsEXPERIMENTAL.zip, I got the stadium background picture to show before the match, at half time and fulltime screen, however when playing the actual match in 2D the background picture did not show up, only gray background.

Is there any chance that SI games will change this in an upcoming update? Would really like the background picture to show in the 2D match, like in previous versions.

2 hours ago, hdsnviefbvs said:

Did he manage to have the background picture when playing in 2D and on commenrary as well?

Who is Andromeda?

Not entirely, I'm afraid.  :/

In the Andromeda skin, we have to replicate the split view in order to see the background. Andromeda is a skin creator and has a fb group called andromeda skins ;)

Thanks so much for your work on this, really appreciated and it's working well for me. 

When the game cuts to half time, I'm still occasionally getting the game show a flash of the 3d stadium before it cuts to the static background. Is there any way to eliminate that little delay at all? I'm guessing probably not. 

3 hours ago, Ben Parker said:

Thanks so much for your work on this, really appreciated and it's working well for me. 

When the game cuts to half time, I'm still occasionally getting the game show a flash of the 3d stadium before it cuts to the static background. Is there any way to eliminate that little delay at all? I'm guessing probably not. 

New patch been released (18.1.2), sadly SI-games have done nothing with this issue, they don’t seem to care about old-school players which have played this game since the late 90’s. When you choose 2D classic as viewing mode then there should be no sight of any 3D stadium at all.

Full Version of the Mod is now available:

Includes version for Full and Touch Modes.

- Also fixed problem with the Presentation Screen so this should now show.

- However it will not show on the IBH panel when their are no highlights as it uses the same pitch id as the main pitch, nor will it show behind the 2D Classic pitch as that is the stadium blocking the background. Though they should show behind the widgets if they are pinned like they do in the normal skins.

Archived