How do coaches reach their PA?

1 hour ago, jeid2000 said:

For coaches, yeah, the coaching licenses make sense. What about for Scouts and DoF's though? They also have a PA, how do they reach that?

In FM15, scouts used to improve throughout time; or at least, that's what I experienced. In FM17, they don't improve a single bit. I mean, not at all. Fairly frustrating to me, as a quick look with some scouting tools can tell you that very often, newgen staff tends to have fairly low CA but decent PA to become useable. Which means you could've hired one as a lower club and hope that they would improve as you improve the club's standing... except that they don't.

To add to what was said earlier, even  with all their coaching licences/badges, managers and staff still can improve with time and experience.

• SI Staff

Non-players will improve their attributes (weighted for the staff role/s) and CA over time with age, experience and gaining coaching badges (for applicable staff members).

3 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Non-players will improve their attributes (weighted for the staff role/s) and CA over time with age, experience and gaining coaching badges (for applicable staff members).

Would quality / rep of club also have an impact?  So would a high potential coach/scout/whoever have more chance of achieving that potential at say Barcelona rather than Leeds or Gainsborough?

• SI Staff
Just now, herne79 said:

Would quality / rep of club also have an impact?  So would a high potential coach/scout/whoever have more chance of achieving that potential at say Barcelona rather than Leeds or Gainsborough?

The "experience" bit is partly dependent on the quality of the level at which he is employed, so yes Barcelona is a better bet than Leeds or Gainsborough (in a similar fashion to players).

Spoiler

With the exception of your Leeds example of course, because we are the greatest in the land.

I hope for Fm 18 the regen staff is looked at. Most of players turned managers have extremely poor starting CA comparing to existing young managers which are in the game.

What happens is there are never young manager appointments at important clubs because there is no good young regen manager. Please improve this area since to me it's the most overlooked part of the game.

I always end up using third party tools to boost the stats of players turned managers. 

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, andu1 said:

I hope for Fm 18 the regen staff is looked at. Most of players turned managers have extremely poor starting CA comparing to existing young managers which are in the game.

What happens is there are never young manager appointments at important clubs because there is no good young regen manager. Please improve this area since to me it's the most overlooked part of the game.

I always end up using third party tools to boost the stats of players turned managers. 

If you've got some example saves where this is occurring please do head over to our bugs forum - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/ - and get the issue reported. We can then look into it and work towards a solution if required.

15 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Just on this bit, if you have not loaded a particular nation/league managerial sackings and appointments can indeed be toned down/halted. This is intended behaviour.

38 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

If you've got some example saves where this is occurring please do head over to our bugs forum - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/ - and get the issue reported. We can then look into it and work towards a solution if required.

Just on this bit, if you have not loaded a particular nation/league managerial sackings and appointments can indeed be toned down/halted. This is intended behaviour.

already had one months ago. 

didn't improve too much in 17.3

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

already had one months ago. 

didn't improve too much in 17.3

So you did, thank you for that.

17.3.0 was too late for this unfortunately, we will review for future versions however.

Thank you for the clarification @Seb Wassell

So essentially, hiring coaches, providing a high-level of facilities and paying for coaching badges is the best way to help them reach PA. Where players it is usually thought of them reaching PA around 24/25 years old, is there an age for coaches?

For example, Messi and Suarez just retired and became coaches, however, they're dreadful, 2-star coaches. They're also asking for more money than any of my other coaches, so I'm wondering if there's any indication of what their PA might be (outside of using third-party tools), to ascertain whether the investment will be worth it.

• SI Staff
22 hours ago, fmFutbolManager said:

So essentially, hiring coaches, providing a high-level of facilities and paying for coaching badges is the best way to help them reach PA. Where players it is usually thought of them reaching PA around 24/25 years old, is there an age for coaches?

Plenty can reach their PA after that age.

There is not, generally they will continue to gain experience throughout their career until they reach PA or their progress naturally halts.

For example, Messi and Suarez just retired and became coaches, however, they're dreadful, 2-star coaches. They're also asking for more money than any of my other coaches, so I'm wondering if there's any indication of what their PA might be (outside of using third-party tools), to ascertain whether the investment will be worth it.

To the best of my knowledge there is not at this time.

Thanks @Seb Wassell that makes perfect sense. I'll monitor their progress.

Not wanting to stray too far off topic, but with regards to player development, is it that most progress is achieved before this age or just a fact that development is non-linear, in that player will continue to develop well beyond that age?

• SI Staff
11 minutes ago, fmFutbolManager said:

Thanks @Seb Wassell that makes perfect sense. I'll monitor their progress.

Not wanting to stray too far off topic, but with regards to player development, is it that most progress is achieved before this age or just a fact that development is non-linear, in that player will continue to develop well beyond that age?

It depends greatly on the player. Typically players develop at the fastest rate somewhere between 18 and 23, but there are plenty of exceptions to that, for example Physical attributes develop (and decline) earlier than Mental attributes, some players may peak by 21, some may not reach their potential until 29, and so on.

Archived