• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season Preview

Season 2021/22

ADO Den Haag

395px-ADO_Den_Haag_logo.svg.png

Media Prediction - 6th.

My Expectation - 1st.  I am obviously looking to retain the title.

Transfer Budget - £17,516,580.

Wage Budget - £311,430 per week.

Pre Season Friendlies

The usual mix of big clubs and smaller ones with mixed results.  The loss to Rio Ave was particularly disappointing.

Og3yNOX.png

Squad

A new look squad looks competitive.  Hopefully, it will be enough to retain the title.

mhOAsUt.png

Transfers

Some more personnel changes as I failed to keep hold of a few of my players.  My two best players were plundered by Milan & Chelsea respectively, though a combined fee of £45m was just too good to turn down.

Players In

JaBDYfQ.png

Eleven new players, of which two are loans, three are free transfers and six commanded a fee.  I broke the Dutch transfer record, spending £25 on Brazilian teenager Pedro Henrique.  He is probably the best 19 year old I have ever seen in Football Manager, ever.

GzBMiex.png I6JYMrm.png  GpVfgKq.png

gYh7pmQ.png 6Laiwgd.png Aq0sWdq.png

n8X89Zu.png 19WKrao.png SIdyNej.png t4NuGUl.png

Players Out

rbrRLjK.png

Some huge sales here.  Replacing them has proved troublesome.  In total, there are seventeen departures, one retiree, six released, five sent out on loan and five sold for fees, including breaking the clubs record transfer sale twice within three days.

Two more youngsters, who are good enough for our first team, have been sold for a combined fee of £29m, with both having 50% sell on clauses.

I replaced them with the two below, with Ivan Rakitic coming in on a free transfer and Scott Greatorex signing for a transfer fee of £15.5m from Belgian club Charleroi.

e5jSqnH.png 9Jyx7AS.png

I dont know if you have been looking in greece i have been finding great regens their in the past. this is a great read hopefully a big club comes in for you? if not would love to see a dutch champions league winner

Mid Season Review

Season 2021/22

ADO Den Haag

Champions League

I am obviously pleased that we qualified from our group, but the two performances at Leverkusen & ROma were very disappointing as we were thumped both times.  We have drawn Monaco in the knockout round, with the first leg in Holland.

Tobr7HB.png

NQPzR9x.png

League

It is unlikely, barring another Ajax meltdown, that we will retain the league title this season.  Although we have a game in hand, we are eleven points behind them, though we are second.  We have a perfect home record, though have won only two from eleven on the road.

Go6BmH2.png

SNBci1H.png

KNVB Beker

For the first time since I arrived at the club, we are having a cup run.  We have won all four games to date by at least three goals, with the highlight being a 4-1 win at PSV Eindhoven.  We have drawn N.E.C. Nijmegen at home in the semi final.

mVGF2HF.png

Winter Break Friendlies

We had the obligatory three games, though only two wins, including an excellent win in Belgium against Club Brugge.

6qvpoEu.png

Transfers

Not a lot of activity, as you would expect in January.

Players In

We6Sqdf.png

Three new arrivals, all of which are teenagers and signed for the future.

IpfM2UY.png CHXwozr.png NdztB63.png

Players Out

iGQd5KW.png

Just the two departures, both on loan for the rest of the season.

4 hours ago, alaouskie said:

I dont know if you have been looking in greece i have been finding great regens their in the past. this is a great read hopefully a big club comes in for you? if not would love to see a dutch champions league winner

Thanks mate.  I have also found some in Greece in the past  I do have a scout in Southern Europe so will hopefully find some more.

As for my future, my contract expires this season so am definitely leaving I think for pastures new sooner rather than later.

tNCusGJ.png

I have thirteen fit and available first team players for my league game away to Sparta and that includes two goalkeepers.  I have eight under 19's on the bench.  All will be making their debut if they come on.

Edit - My right back went off injured after 23 minutes in said game.

Ander Capa, the right back, is out for the rest of the season.

Mid week, before the next game, I lost my first choice goalkeeper to injury.

Next day I lost a first team centre back.

Eight injuries now but at least my suspensions are back.

Please note, I am not moaning about injuries in FM - After more than 1,500 hours played this year according to Steam, this is my first proper injury crisis.

End of Season Review

Season 2021/22

ADO Den Haag

Champions League

As detailed in the mid season update, we surprisingly qualified from our group and were drawn against Monaco in the knockout round.  We were outclassed as we lost both legs, going out 5-1 on aggregate.  Still, I am very happy in getting this far.

0V278uS.png

AOPK1W9.png

League

It was always going to be tough retaining the league title, especially with the club competing in the Champions League and so it proved.  I had an injury crisis post the January transfer window which didn't help.  Losing at home to champions Ajax in the run in confirmed it wasn't to be our year.  We only won one of our last six league games, so Ajax won the title by thirteen points.

IvdQplh.png

mD9sgPy.png

rzUItDz.png

KNVB Beker

The bright spot in our domestic season as we romped home to win the domestic cup for the first time since 1975.  We won all of our games by at least three clear goals as we dominated.

prRgD0V.png

Career Overview

Season     Team                   Country     Champions League     Europa League          League                          Position  Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A               Ladbrokes League Two            1st       Promoted.
2017/18    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A               Ladbrokes League One            1st       Promoted.
2018/19    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A               Ladbrokes Championship          2nd*      Resigned on 15 February 2019.
2018/19    ADO Den Haag           Holland            N/A                N/A               Eredivisie                      17th      Appointed on 15 February 2019.  16th on arrival.  Won Relegation Playoffs.
2019/20    ADO Den Haag           Holland            N/A                N/A               Eredivisie                      3rd       Qualified for Europa League.
2020/21    ADO Den Haag           Holland            N/A           Second knockout round  Eredivisie                      1st       League champions.
2021/22    ADO Den Haag           Holland     Knockout round            N/A               Eredivisie                      2nd       KNVB Beker winners.

Next Season

My contract is up and I am going to see what else is available.  I may sign for another year, but would prefer a move.

Trophy Cabinet

Season     Team                   Country         Competition Won
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Forfar Athletic        Scotland        Ladbrokes League Two.
2017/18    Forfar Athletic        Scotland        Ladbrokes League One.
2020/21    ADO Den Haag           Holland         Eredivisie.
2021/22    ADO Den Haag           Holland         KNVB Beker.

Trophy Haul

League Titles
-------------

1 x Eredivisie (Holland).
1 x Ladbrokes League One (Scotland).
1 x Ladbrokes League Two (Scotland).

Cup Wins
--------

1 x KNVB Beker (Holland).

Former Club Watch

Forfar Athletic

Season     Team                   Country     Champions League     Europa League    League                          Position  Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A         Ladbrokes League Two            1st       Promoted.
2017/18    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A         Ladbrokes League One            1st       Promoted.
2018/19    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A         Ladbrokes Championship          2nd       Won Promotion Playoffs.  Promoted.
2019/20    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A         Ladbrokes Premiership           10th      Relegated.
2020/21    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A         Ladbrokes Championship          7th
2021/22    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A         Ladbrokes Championship          9th       Won Relegation playoffs.

I'm a little surprised you weren't able to retain the title, given the spectacular rate of progress all career up until here. I guess the extra matches weighed on your players' legs. Anyway this is still a memorable season for the club, with the cup win and the Champions League run to the knockout stages - not forgetting that even 2nd in the league is great for the club in context of their less glamorous past. I think you can leave Holland with a feeling of challenge completed.

58 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I'm a little surprised you weren't able to retain the title, given the spectacular rate of progress all career up until here. I guess the extra matches weighed on your players' legs. Anyway this is still a memorable season for the club, with the cup win and the Champions League run to the knockout stages - not forgetting that even 2nd in the league is great for the club in context of their less glamorous past. I think you can leave Holland with a feeling of challenge completed.

Thanks mate.  The injuries just piled up and that home loss to Ajax was a killer.  :(

I have been interviewed for the Southampton job, which is always a dream job for me due to the youth set up, but I didn't get it.  They are currently bottom of the Premier League.  Apparently, Claude Makelele is a better bet for them.

I was gutted.  Note the word was.

I was also interviewed for another job at a Premier League club where they are heavily underachieving.

I have been offered the job...

Tottenham Hotspur

tottenham-hotspur-logo.jpg

_73970056_ndp_night_aerial_view730.jpg

Club - Tottenham Hotspur.

Nation - England.

League - Premier League (top tier).

Stadium - New White Hart Lane, London.

Capacity - 61,000 (all seater).

Training Facilities - Superb.

Youth Facilities - Superb.

Youth Training Category - 1.

Corporate Facilities - Top.

Junior Coaching - Good.

Youth Recruitment - Established.

Media Prediction - 6th.

My expectation - 11th.  I promised mid table safety, so that is the minimum required.

Transfer Budget - £37,587,980 per week.

Wage Budget - £2,783,417 per week.

Current Wage Bill - £2,751,720 per week.

Squad

uTdxrjm.png

Some fantastic players here.  Quite how they are 17th is beyond me.

Europa League

In complete contrast to the league, the club have been irresistable in the Europa League, winning all ten games to date, keeping nine clean sheets in those ten matches, including the last eight, conceding just one goal.  We have been drawn against Zenit St. Petersburg in the first knockout round, with the first match in Russia.

kIlKqMt.png

9jsghmn.png

League

Just four wins, eleven defeats and only sixteen goals scored.  Mind boggling.

ODnktqQ.png

H0HxdkA.png

F.A. Cup

No games played yet, though we have been drawn at home to Championship side Nottm Forest at home in the third round.

SrCG5Gx.png

EFL Cup

Eliminated in the third round, losing on penalties at The Emirates Stadium against rivals Arsenal.

1Im6pdJ.png

Career Overview

Season     Team                   Country     Champions League     Europa League          League                          Position  Achievements
2016/17    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A               Ladbrokes League Two            1st       Promoted.
2017/18    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A               Ladbrokes League One            1st       Promoted.
2018/19    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A               Ladbrokes Championship          2nd*      Resigned on 15 February 2019.
2018/19    ADO Den Haag           Holland            N/A                N/A               Eredivisie                      17th      Appointed on 15 February 2019.  16th on arrival.  Won Relegation Playoffs.
2019/20    ADO Den Haag           Holland            N/A                N/A               Eredivisie                      3rd       Qualified for Europa League.
2020/21    ADO Den Haag           Holland            N/A           Second knockout round  Eredivisie                      1st       League champions.
2021/22    ADO Den Haag           Holland     Knockout round            N/A               Eredivisie                      2nd       KNVB Beker winners.  Resigned on 1st April 2022.
2022/23    Tottenham Hotspur      England            N/A                                  Premier League                            Appointed on 13 December 2022.  17th on arrival.

Great career. 

Talking about your manager rising quickly the reputation, could be the fact he's older than the average managers created (He was 43 at the beginning of the save), when i created a 70 year old manager, he had better offers than his reputation said he could. But he always was offered 1-year-contracts. (it was FM 13 i guess, but i think it could explain)

Nonetheless, great career, i'm following, although i always prefer the struggling ones, i liked yours ;)

Cheers,
Bitner

1 minute ago, Bitner said:

Great career. 

Talking about your manager rising quickly the reputation, could be the fact he's older than the average managers created (He was 43 at the beginning of the save), when i created a 70 year old manager, he had better offers than his reputation said he could. But he always was offered 1-year-contracts. (it was FM 13 i guess, but i think it could explain)

Nonetheless, great career, i'm following, although i always prefer the struggling ones, i liked yours ;)

Cheers,
Bitner

40 mate, 40.  :herman: :D

Many thanks for your kind words.  :thup:

Mid Season Update

Season 2022/23

Europa League

All matches were managed by my predecessor.  We have been drawn against Zenit St. Petersburg in the first knockout round, with the first match in Russia.

kIlKqMt.png

9jsghmn.png

League

Overall, we improved somewhat, though we still had some annoying results and performances.  That said, the 4-0 win over current champions and league leaders Manchester United was particularly impressive.  In my nine league matches in charge, we have recorded six wins, one draw and two defeats.

FcgfrLV.png

SxUuHvS.png

F.A. Cup

A comfortable 3-0 over Nottingham Forest was followed by a routine 2-0 win over Blackpool.  We have been drawn against non league Boston United in the fifth round, away from home.

2vFEBkH.png

Transfers

Players In

BcBZku3.png

I was delighted to acquire Pedro Henrique from former club ADO Den Haag, though I had to pay the minimum fee clause in his contract.  Five others have also joined the club.

uzYCm5Q.png YOuBEbM.png AdoxRan.png

UvwblYO.png 2i2Ruch.png Vtu1HgO.png

Players Out

7oMGPOu.png

I took the controversial decision to sell Harry Kane to Manchester United.  I thought £40m for an injury prone 29 year old was too good to turn down.  I am going to need cash to rebuild this squad.  In total, ten players left, of which six commanded transfer fees and four went out on loan.

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

Tottenham Hotspur

Europa League

A good run saw us progress all the way to the final, where we beat Manchester City 1-0.  In truth, we battered them and should of won by more.  We scraped into the final, only beating Marseille on the away goals rule.

SNHmHmC.png

9jsghmn.png

League

Considering we were seventeenth when I took over, I am very satisfied with finishing eighth, though losing our last two league games cost us seventh.

1ADnbV1.png

O6yTbz8.png

ciGNAYh.png

F. A. Cup

A good run to the quarter finals, before we met the first real team of quality and promptly got hammered at home by Manchester United, losing 4-0.

IDnSOEc.png

EFL Cup

Eliminated in the third round, losing on penalties at The Emirates Stadium against rivals Arsenal.

1Im6pdJ.png

Career Overview

2021/22    ADO Den Haag           Holland     Knockout round            N/A               Eredivisie                      2nd       KNVB Beker winners.  Resigned on 1st April 2022.
2022/23    Tottenham Hotspur      England            N/A           Winners                Premier League                  8th       Appointed on 13 December 2022.  17th on arrival.

Next Season

My aim has to be Champions League qualification, though that will be tough, as the other perennial challengers are so strong and we are in a hard Brexit.

Trophy Cabinet

Season     Team                   Country         Competition Won
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Forfar Athletic        Scotland        Ladbrokes League Two.
2017/18    Forfar Athletic        Scotland        Ladbrokes League One.
2020/21    ADO Den Haag           Holland         Eredivisie.
2021/22    ADO Den Haag           Holland         KNVB Beker.
2022/23    Tottenham Hotspur      England         Europa League.

Trophy Haul

Continental Titles
------------------

1 x Europa League (Europe).

League Titles
-------------

1 x Eredivisie (Holland).
1 x Ladbrokes League One (Scotland).
1 x Ladbrokes League Two (Scotland).

Cup Wins
--------

1 x KNVB Beker (Holland).

Former Club Watch

Forfar Athletic

Season     Team                   Country     Champions League     Europa League    League                          Position  Achievements
2016/17    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A         Ladbrokes League Two            1st       Promoted.
2017/18    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A         Ladbrokes League One            1st       Promoted.
2018/19    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A         Ladbrokes Championship          2nd       Won Promotion Playoffs.  Promoted.
2019/20    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A         Ladbrokes Premiership           10th      Relegated.
2020/21    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A         Ladbrokes Championship          7th
2021/22    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A         Ladbrokes Championship          9th       Won Relegation playoffs.
2022/23    Forfar Athletic        Scotland           N/A                N/A         Ladbrokes Championship          10th      Relegated.

ADO Den Haag

2022/23    ADO Den Haag           Holland     3rd Qualifying Round Quarter Final          Eredivisie                      5th       Lost in European Playoffs first round.

Season Preview

Season 2023/24

Tottenham Hotspur

Media Prediction - 6th.

My Expectation - 4th.  Champions League qualification must be the aim.

Transfer Budget - £62,169,415.

Wage Budget - £3,063,498 per week.

Pre Season Friendlies

A whole host of friendlies were played, including a testimonial for Hugo Lloris, with mixed results.  I played so many to try to gel my new signings into the system I play.  In total, twelve friendlies were played.

mbN32jm.png

Squad

I am pleased with the squad overall and will hopefully see a good season.

o0wQE8I.png

Transfers

Quite a bit of movement, though there was only four new arrivals.

Players In

6SX4oWA.png

Only four new arrivals, including the best young goalkeeper in England.  I had to overpay to land him, but with this being a hard Brexit, English players go for huge fees.

kZDYEO6.png 1SxjfpC.png AmcOXLe.png vagFExn.png 

Players Out

fIzCl2Q.png

A bit of a clear out, with twenty three departures, including very high earners Erik Lamela & Hugo Lloris, who has declined over the past twelve months, but then he is thirty six.  In total, three players were released, eleven were sold for transfer fees and a further nine players left on loan.

Mid Season Update

Season 2023/24

European Super Cup

A poor performance as were outclassed by Manchester United, losing 3-1.

9MYZUQp.png

Champions League

A poor start, with defeat in France, but we recovered somewhat to win our group.  We have been drawn against Portuguese side Sporting in the knockout round, with the first leg in Portugal.

y6HBOBQ.png

6CyyCeu.png

League

An excellent first half of the season and we lie in second place, two points behind Manchester United, though they do have four games in hand.

pvVfKzI.png

RZvVXsL.png

F.A. Cup

A nervy win at Championship side Millwall has set up a home clash with second tier Fulham in the fourth round.

WAlWE7u.png

EFL Cup

Another short run, with defeat at Chelsea, on penalties, in the fourth round.

rcHRQ16.png

Transfers

Players In

th826us.png

I needed cover at centre half and England international Michael Keane was available for only £3.5m, which is a bargain.  Deals were agreed for a further three players, two of which are without work permits and so are for the future.

1iZJjCU.png ZDmEOsj.png zwiGZFq.png ewhO0GT.png

Players Out

61ay7iN.png

32 year old Kostas Manolas was on a huge £180,000 per week, so he has been moved on.  Since the summer transfer window, seven players have been loaned out and three players sold for transfer fees.

Archived