The Annual San Marino Youth Attempt

Cardiovascular

47a929119a444ef760b317fe6b081147.png

This is an absolutely excellent result. We were missing five first teamers due to suspensions from the yellow card free for all previously so to come away from this match very much still in this tie is outstanding. I wouldn't quite say the ball was in our court but we have a massive chance here to qualify for the group stages.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, sherwinriga said:

You almost made it through against Dinamo Bucharest.:( Well, who are the Champions League and Europa League winners in your save?

I know, so close yet so far :(

66a77194071f3c7e6dccad091f3b65ae.png

e5bfad2cbf1d5c1338ed0d568d5f0c42.png

Here they are! No real surprises although Lorient of France reaching the final was interesting. The winners of both are mentioned in each end of season update as well.

21 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

That European run has genuinely left me with a smile on my face! So unlucky against Bucharest, but getting past the Second Round of the CL so early is superb!

Made my day too actually, funny how something like a European adventure can have an affect on you in real time. Went out and got drunk as I feel my players would've done :D

0e4086beeb5afaa6b46a7d84a2fa81b9.png

We lose three players in the winter transfer window. Rondelli* wasn't great but had good determination and personality. Muccioli* was on the cusp of the first team as a backup striker (with 16 finishing no less) and Zafferani 21c failed to live up to his striker expectations so I wasn't too worried about him. We now have just two natural strikers in the first team, another who is terrible in the U19's and two wingers who can play striker.

Youth Intake 2027

490a52fe0c601a36acf4a369d8c06286.png

No immediate standouts but we needed a left back and we got one. Tagged 3, signed the rest with good determination and personalities.

15b5f7918cf59ff1ad68ef64d5429ffc.png

Gabriele Bugli 27a is a solid left back option but at 6'4 he has excellent potential to be a certain back too.

74f10723d3e4e2133d05a5a8fa289332.png

The second of the Bugli brothers (San Marino's answer to the Mitchell brothers) is a 6'6 target man with 20 flair! An interesting one for sure.

758c79c9c8ef31a328d762e626233cc7.png

A good looking centre midfielder. Really happy with him.

sp_cailungo_anniversary_logo.gif?itok=5A

2026/27

Fixtures 1 / 2 | Campionato Sammarinese | Coppa Titano Table | Transfers | Finances

A great season. We weren't as domestically dominant as we were last season, in fact we were beaten in points by a dominant Libertas side and lost our opening game to them. Thankfully they weren't on our half of the table! We would have the last laugh in the end really because we beat them in the Super Cup, knocked them out of the Coppa Titano and beat them twice in the playoff. :D Poor guys. They probably deserved more but I've waited ten years for a treble and I'm too excited to give out pity prizes! Also, I hadn't realised just how close our Coppa Titano group was, maybe a touch fortunate to make it out alive from there.

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Franco Maccioni* - 21 goals

Highest Average Rating - Alessandro Morri* - 7.44

Honourable Mentions - Diego Alvarez 26b, Manuel Gasperoni 23b

It was another top scoring season from Maccioni* although he was definitely not as prolific this year compared to last. He also seemed to fade out towards the end and struggled for goals, although with that said he scored the winning penalty in the 1-0 victory that saw us beat Libertas for the title so he did what was required of him. Morri* was superb on the left, a constant threat and his total of 19 assists supports that. He was no stranger to a goal either though and finished with 9 for the season. In the honourable mentions catergory, Alvarez 26b had a really good debut season up top alongside Maccioni* and finished with a respectable tally of 16 goals and it could've been more than his strike partner if not for a couple of injuries. Gasperoni 23b, our captain, swapped back and forth between up front and right wing and took to both positions brilliantly.

San Marino in Europe

I could talk forever about our European run but I'll leave it with we made the Europa League Playoff and were this close to victory! Elsewhere, Libertas lost 6-0 to Domzale, Fiorentino lost 6-1 to Croatian outfit Siroki Brijeg and Tre Fiori lost 5-0 to Jeunesse Esch of Luxembourg.

Around Europe

Man City won the league with ease, finishing 10 points clear of Chelsea in second. Man Utd and Tottenham rounded out the top four with Liverpool, West Ham and Arsenal, somewhat surprisingly, finishing 5th, 6th and 7th and thus qualifying for the Europa League. At the other end, it was Burnley, Fulham and Nottingham Forest going down. Manchester City would complete a successful season with an EFL Cup win and a Champions League victory over Atletico, meanwhile the FA Cup would belong to Arsenal, a bright spark in an otherwise unremarkable season. Chelsea would win the Europa League, who says the big teams don't care?

Bayern returned to the top in Germany, 19 points clear of Schalke in second. Last years winners, Leverkusen, could only finish 4th, a massive 27 points behind the champions. Perhaps their European run to the Europa League final, where they lost to Chelsea, took its toll on the team. In France, PSG were 26 points clear of Marseille in second but dropped two points on last years points tally, disappointing stuff there. Meanwhile, Juventus' return to the top of the Serie A lasted all of one season as Napoli claimed their third title in four years. Milan finished second with Juve third although only two points seperated the two, it was a tight affair this year.

Next Season

Same again.

4bde07497cf30c0dc9adbab41be1cdbb.png

We've drawn an amateur side in Andorran champions Inter d'Escaldes, their first league title in Andorra so I imagine this is their first time in the Champions League. Hopefully we can give them a baptism of fire. If we beat them, we have a fairly straightforward tie in the next round...

f843036000c2a4288f8506d274413be3.png

Ouch. :D

Youth Intake 2028

2892b2c0ed472b7e01485375d82a8d6b.png

For the first time in this save, I am underwhelmed by a youth intake. Only two tagged players and you can see the rest I signed with asterick's beside their names. Those are players with good personalities or determination, regardless of ability.

f7d69bb493cb50c206982b30c1c6e1a7.png

I only use defensive midfielders and Moretti 28a doesn't even know how to play there. He has alot of work to do to break into the first team.

3767e55b891d422bc25aeaf27033a912.png

Reckon there's some good potential here. Good finishing and first touch, some fairly average physicals. Maybe a starting spot one day.

sp_cailungo_anniversary_logo.gif?itok=5A

2027/28

Fixtures 1 / 2 | Campionato SammarineseCampionato Sammarinese Final | Coppa Titano Table | Coppa Titano Final | Transfers | Finances 

Another season, another treble. Although this time we were run much closer by Libertas and, as shown by the screenshots above, not only did we finish second to them but we were also defeated by them in the playoffs. We had the final laugh though as we would beat them in the final to win the league. Thank you crazy league system! Also knocked them out in the cup but our record against them this year stands at P5 W2 L2 D1. They're getting tougher!

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Diego Alvarez 26b - 31 goals*

Highest Average Rating - Alessandro Morri* - 7.62

Honourable Mentions - Matteo Francioni 26c, Manuel Gasperoni 23b

*doesn't include in European goals. Great return from Alvarez 26b though. Wasn't sure how he'd cope as the only natural striker up top alongside Gasperoni 23b but he took it well. Franco Maccioni* saw himself drop to the bench. Morri* was once again electric down the right and similarly so was Francioni 26c who is really far too good for us. I think we'll do well to hold onto him through the summer.

San Marino in Europe

Libertas ran HB to the edge but lost 3-2 on aggregate. The same couldbe said for Tre Penne or Fiorentino who lost 5-0 and 7-1 to FH and OB respectively.

Around Europe

In the Premier League, one of the tighest looking finishes in years saw Chelsea take home the glory by a single point from Manchester United in second. Chelsea lost to Everton on the final day and amazingly, United lost to Newcastle to let the title completely slip from their grasp. City finished third, possibly disappointingly, although with United letting the title slip through their fingers they would ensure they had the city's bragging rights by defeating them 3-1 in the Champions League final. Spurs were fourth, Arsenal fifth and Liverpool sixth. Disappointing season for the latter two although the Gunners took home the EFL cup to soften the blow. They had the chance to take home the FA Cup as well but were upset by a brilliant Stoke side who, significantly thanks to a brace from their right back, defeated them 3-1. West Ham finished 15th but pulled off a stunning penalty victory over Lyon in the Europa League and thus entered themselves into the Champions League next year.

PSG stormed to the French title again, Bayern claimed the Bundesliga by three points ahead of Schalke and Napoli once again took home the Serie A title.

Other Club News

f93bb0574181e90f216816e2ce8f0f56.png

Apparently this will be happening. MAKE US PROFESSIONAL FIRST!!!! Need a good European run this season for that I think.

The Champions League has rolled around once more and for the second year running we drew the Andorran champions - this time however it was Lusitans we would face.

d72b8dc4462fb9dae65a997904add58f.png

We weren't troubled at all, and we beat an Andorran side 11-0 again. Up next would be Ludogorets of Bulgaria. Not sure how we'll do here.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, you mean Germany. It's a known bug where Australia can't play in the 2019 tournament for some reason so the game randomly picks another nation instead. It might have been fixed for new saves now.

I don't usually post transfers but this one is fairly significant.

1ebd37de31ece6758fa5da1b1e42e735.png

Dolcini 22a, once a five star player through our youth system, leaves for pastures new. He had been relegated to the bench by the emergence of Francioni 26c and wasn't happy about it. Shame. All the best son.

Youth Intake 2029

75984aa323889fd553c4f4302c6ddb4c.png

It's a nice intake but nothing spectacular.

23a0efe8603460c2717c93aede7511da.png

Solid enough goalkeeper, potential first teamer if he can improve. One on ones aren't great though.

38a314caf93145970146233a4d6fcb9d.png

Conti has good potential. Either footed and good determination.

7708a04e550507575c46c08c16cc9664.png

Good physicals, with Dolcini 22a leaving he could be a solid backup winger. Or first team if Fracioni 26c leaves.

Archived