Cardiovascular

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sm-1862.gif

San Marino - 2031

9ab3b5aa7a0dfd7d9c0d461a017d6908.png

d919013a3d91501aee0a2c4f2885a551.png

Really disappointing just to take a point from this group considering we know we can beat Montenegro and have done so before. Poor campaign.

9d260e3f70cbfe54ec3f7b3fd07d395c.png

This is our group for World Cup qualifying, although I don't think it actually starts until 2033. We really should pick up 6 points from Liechenstein.

Youth Intake 2032

0CBasaD.png

It's another good intake. The star is undoubtedly the right winger but we have them in abundance. We get alot of what we need though - back up centre backs and back up centre mid.

idx5oEc.png

He's good. We already have Francioni 26c but he might be better. Debating giving him the same treatment as Gasperoni 23b and retraining him as a striker too.

UpeZ2Pl.png

He's quite possibly the best centre back this club has ever produced on paper,  but his 5 ft 10 height is slightly concerning. I'll have to decide whether to keep him as a centre back or retrain him as a defensive midfielder.

826PVFV.png

Another good, slightly taller defensive prospect. Will make good backup for now.

NkVXAyI.png

I like the cut of his jib, could be a first teamer in the future.

sp_cailungo_anniversary_logo.gif?itok=5A

2031/32

Fixtures 1 / 2 / 3 | Campionato Sammarinese | Campionato Sammarinese FinalCoppa Titano FinalSuper Coppa FinalTransfersFinances

A successful season all round as we finally make the European group stages. The Europa League was way out of our depth but it's nice to make a splash in Europe and hopefully we can keep that up. Domestically, we cruised to a treble aside from a nervy Coppa Titano where we required penalties to see off Juvenes Dogana. It was also fairly interesting to see Libertas fall off the wagon completely - they've been our main competition for years but a new manager for the first time in 14 years saw them struggle.

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Manuel Gasperoni 23b - 19 goals

Highest Average Rating - Alessandro Morri - 7.41

Honourable Mentions - Mattia Rondelli 21a, Alessandro Simoncini 24d

Gasperoni 23b finished as our highest scorer this year despite missing the last 2-3 months with a broken leg. Alvarez 26b and Negro 31c both attempted the step up to his lone striker spot but both struggled to find consistency. Morri was great again on the left but scored and assisted less as he found his playing time shared more with Fabio Gasperini 31b. Rondelli 21a was fantastic in the middle as ever, and Simoncini 24d was this years rock at the heart of the defence.

San Marino in Europe

Foglore lost 4-0 to Lechia of Poland, Libertas lost 5-0 to Viktoria Plzen and La Fiorita lost 6-0 to Breidablik. Tough draws.

Around Europe

Chelsea, under the guidance of Pep Guardiola, won the Premier League ahead of Manchester City in second place. United were third, Arsenal fourth and Spurs and Liverpool fifth and sixth. At the other end, Derby, Newcastle and Leicester were all relegated. Somewhat interestingly, Brentford finished second in the Championship and will be playing Premier League football next year! In the domestic cups, West Ham defeated Man Utd to win the EFL Cup for the first time ever, while Liverpool won the FA Cup on penalties for the first time in 26 years.

Bayern won the Bundesliga again, PSG won Ligue 1 again and in Italy, which has been a very open league in this save, was won by AC Milan.

Both European trophies were won by late goals - PSG defeated Arsenal 2-1 in the Champions League final with a 92nd minute winner, while in the Europa League, 88th and 94th minute goals saw Benfica come from behind to beat Chelsea 3-2 in an absolutely thrilling match,

Next Season

More of the same please!

Euro 2032 - Scotland and Wales

a3fc11606d1b7f7811718ed88b09cf11.png

c264e8761fe2886c337de12c11f04a17.png

24a433b00e4edb2a77c6f708af7a2985.png

Scotland and Wales host the tournament and as a result, Scotland qualified for their first tournament since 2018 and put in a good shift to make the second round. France had an absolute shocker of a tournament, finishing bottom of a group they should've been winning comfortably. Sweden enjoyed a very good run to the final but could do very little about the Netherlands who romped to a three-nil win and ensuring they won the competition without losing a game.

sm-1862.gif

San Marino - 2032

bc29da868b975c277a0350addaa84182.png

Two losses for the whole year looks brilliant for a side like San Marino but it could've been much better had we beaten Gibraltar. We dominated them for 89 minutes and they snuck a goal right at the death to win, I was absolutely furious. We did bounce back with a really good win over Latvia but losing to Gibraltar is infuriating.

ea5d3c157516cb639b34a7471dd10cdf.png

This is how our group ended up. Should've been second.

Youth Intake 2033

EBNCrcE.png

Bit of a let down compared to the previous few, but I've come to expect that and we got a couple of players with high potential in areas we needed it.

OwykWVv.png

Sadly, our highest rated youth comes from a position where we are currently stacked at club level & international level. Padini 31a is first choice at 3.5* CA but we also have Micheloni 30b who is also 3.5*CA sitting on the bench.

YVykWK8.png

He looks okay, a position we needed depth, poor physical attributes though.

WYNT1gr.png

We needed cover for Longo at right back as we currently have a retrained left back covering there. We got it. Not only does Venerucci 33c have a cracking moustache, but he is a strong tackler. Lacks ever so slightly physically I think, but he's a good looking backup nonetheless.

2032/33

Fixtures 1/2Campionato SammarineseCampionato Sammarinese FinalCoppa Titano TableCoppa Titano FinalSuper Coppa FinalTransfersFinances

In transfer news, nothing of real note happened. A few loans out were concluded (finally able to do this!) Alvarez 26b and Matteo Gasperoni may have raised a few eyebrows because they were semi-regular, but I just didn't have room for the former and the latter was recovering from a serious injury. The standout star was right winger Michelotti 29c who excelled at Libertas. Also, Marcio Francioni was a 16 year old goalkeeper who got the hump at not being part of my squad, so we showed him the door.

Domestically, we dominated again and completed a clean sweep but it wasn't so straightforward in the league. For the first time in years, we had a real challenge as ourselves and Tre Penne swapped places regularly at the top of the league. Ultimately, we managed to outlast them in the game of cat and mouse and finished top of the league and eventually champions.

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Mattia Rondelli 21a - 23 goals

Highest Average Rating - Mattia Rondelli 21a - 7.76

Honourable Mentions - Tommaso Mazzocco, Cristian Longo

Wow. Rondelli 21a flourished this year and scored a pretty ridiculous amount of goals from central midfield. Granted, over half were penalties, but 23 goals is a phenomenal return from him. The two full backs earned their honourable mention because they were both very solid defensively and very rarely made mistakes. It's strange to see this section with no strikers. Negro 31c and Gasperoni 23b were both on the cusp (the latter recovered from a broken leg well) but didn't quite get there. They managed 20 and 18 goals though which is still a very good return.

San Marino in Europe

La Fiorita lost 3-1 to Lithuanian side Trakai, Tre Fiori were dismantled 8-0 by Bosnian side Zrinjski and Tre Penne lost 2-1 to Jeunesse Esch of Luxembourg.

Around Europe

The finale of the Premier League was completely amazing. It was a two horse race between Arsenal and Manchester City with two games to go and Arsenal were two points clear. Both teams tried their best not to win! Arsenal lost their last two games to gift Manchester City the title, but City drew their last game as well meaning Arsenal only needed one win for the title. One of the sides they lost too was 15th place Middlesbrough! Incredible. United finished third with Liverpool fourth, Chelsea 5th and Spurs 6th. I mentioned Brentford making a Premier League appearance in the last season review, and they finished dead last with just 18 points.

Chelsea and Spurs made up for poor league positions with an EFL Cup win for the former and an FA Cup win for the latter.

Elsewhere, Milan snuck the Serie A title by a single point from Roma, Bayern won the Bundesliga by a nine point margin from second placed Hoffenheim and PSG won Ligue 1 by 12 clear points from Monaco.

In European competition, it was an all English, and indeed all London final as Arsenal met West Ham in the Europa League, and it would the the Gunners who made up for a disappointing finish to the league with a resounding 3-0 victory. Manchester United tried to make it an English clean sweep in the Champions League, but they came up short against Bayern in a somewhat boring 0-0 game which the Germans would win on penalties. I think I've heard that one before, you know.

44ba22a054b9c6b0b5be6df0d7038a63.png

****ing Rondelli 21a. We had a great start to the match then that idiot gets himself a straight red for a two footed tackle. If I didn't love the man, I'd terminate his contract here and now for that. Tosser. We've drawn Dinamo Bucharest in the Europa League playoff - they were the lowest seeded team we could've faced so again, got to be happy with that. We have a chance here.

Youth Intake 2034

Ezgry9B.png

It's not a great intake by any means. Only two tagged players, one of which is a GK who will, unless he improves immensely, will never get a game.

T8DgCUw.png

Tidy looking striker, not sure about his favoured role being target man though. I like him.

bwZjYgy.png

Not bad, but like I said he's probably never going to make an impact here sadly.

The Curious Case of Nicolo Conti

Nicolo Conti is not a name you will be familiar with whatsoever. He came through our youth ranks in the class of 2030 which is around the time I started this career up again and had forgotten to screenshot of the youth intake. He had a completely unmemorable time with us before being released at the beginning of this season. So, to the point, I was checking ex players to see if they had found themselves a new club (because I like to keep track) and I clicked upon his profile only to find he had retired, which wasn't a surprise because young, rubbish players do that all the time, right?

Only, he's decided that if he can't play football, he'll give management a bash and at the age of 20 is now Cailungo U19's manager! :D I've never seen such a young player retire to be a staff member, much less had him on my coaching staff! Hopefully he goes on to manage a professional Sammarinese team one day.

PH1NlVl.png

50e31b6ed18c3a24ebc5b7eb9b894954.png

2033/34

Fixtures 1 / 2 / 3 | Campionato Sammarinese | Campionato Sammarinese Final | Super Coppa Final | Coppa Titano Final | Transfers | Finances

There was some transfer activity again as a few rubbish players left us, although Andrea Mina did end up signing for Tre Penne who would be our biggest challengers this year so may he's better than I thought. Also, strangely, on the last day of the January window Serie B side Verona asked to take Simone Pedini 31a on loan. I let him go but didn't expect him to get any game time, and with Italian sides sniffing around Marco Micheloni 30b, he may be needed here sooner rather than later.

The season itself wasn't our greatest - we drew and lost more games which could be chalked down to our Europa League participation. But we clawed back the deficit we inflicted to finish first as we headed into the playoffs. Once there, we suffered a bit of a shock defeat to Tre Penne in one of the rounds but managed to thrash Libertas then easily defeat Tre Penne again to avoid losing our title.

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Manuel Gasperoni 23b - 26 goals

Highest Average Rating - Tommaso Mazzocco - 7.51

Honourable Mentions - Fabio Gasperini 31b, Mattia Rondelli 21a, Marco Chiaruzzi

Gasperoni 23b was our top scorer, but I was a little disappointed by his league tally being just 12. Both our strikers hit a bit of poor form in the middle of the season and struggled to find the net consistently. Mazzocco was excellent at full back again, another really good year for him. Likewise, Gasperini 31b had a bit of a breakout season and chipped in with some key goals and assists towards the latter stages of the season, Rondelli 21a, as usual, provided the goods required of him. Chiaruzzi actually went out on loan at the start of the season but was recalled during the winter window and turned out to be a valuable asset to our midfield.

San Marino in Europe

La Fiorita lost 4-0 to Icelandic side FH, Libertas lost 5-0 to Croatian side Slaven Belupo and Fiorentino lost 6-0 to Swiss/Liechtenstein side Vaduz.

Around Europe

The Premier League saw it's most exciting season in years as three teams could have won it going into the final day. As the dust settled, Carlo Ancelotti's Arsenal side ended up finishing top of the heap ahead of Chelsea in second and surprise package West Ham who finished third. Spurs finished fourth to round out an all-London top four. Southampton came fifth, Man City sixth, Liverpool seventh and Manchester United shockingly finished 8th leading to the departure of 71 year old Mourinho after nearly 20 years in charge.

Liverpool made up for their disappointing league campaign with an EFL Cup win, an FA Cup AND a famous Champions League win almost 30 years after that night in Istanbul. The Europa League would again have an English winner - this time, it was Chelsea who defeated West Ham in the final. So close for the Hammers again.

It wasn't as exciting elsewhere. PSG won the French title again, Bayern Munich won the German title again and Milan won the Italian title for the third year running. Although it is worth pointing out that Lazio did get relegated in the Serie A to complete a fair old fall from grace for them.

Next Season

Groups again. Would be wonderful to see another Sammarinese team do well in Europe but I can't see it happening.

World Cup 2034 - China

1b229ef72edfb79973ea5f8b84924947.png

8a9ea29cf2213bc2f31819710ff7c38e.png

0f54a0adc2a629add837cf0ab74d1af3.png

404acbf9c4c33c3f5ca8d56325c67e7f.png

Some huge scalps in the group stages - hosts China were largely unfancied but managed to knock out Spain after beating them 2-1 with the winning goal scored by a striker plying his trade for... Accrington! :D No other major knockouts until you get to group G where Iran managed to oust Brazil, brilliant stuff. That was largely the end of the shocks for the tournament and Portugal went onto lift the trophy after beating the Netherlands 1-0.

Archived