[FM17] Something...Something...Something...Journeyman!

andychar

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, noikeee said:

On the bright side, how many managers can say they've lost all of their Bangladeshi cup finals? You're building your own special niche there.

Your right! I reckon I'm the right half English half Scottish manager who has previously managed in Kosovo, Niger and the Dominican Republic to ever lose back to back Bangladeshi cup finals. Form an orderly queue ladies!

Chapter 11.5 "Just a quick league win and I'm outta here!"

Onwards and upwards! I needed to put those two final defeats behind me and really make a push in the league.

Here were the odds for the new season.

odds.thumb.jpg.d7339bed6b30fec5267cf466a73e7f3c.jpg

So no pressure then. Cool. It made me feel better knowing that I got beat by the 2nd favourite and 4th favourite in the finals. It worried me that I struggled to beat so teams who aren't favoured at all. Lets just see what happens!

This was the team who would be tasked with winning the league.

58cbda99dbf38_teampart1.thumb.jpg.7b974976dabbee75a4e9e5611ed4b09d.jpg58cbda9aa1176_teampart2.thumb.jpg.b037c876d7836397f7f627abfe9d25b4.jpg

All the right stars in all the right places. 

Enough talk. Lets do this!

july.thumb.jpg.38f1b2a78316150f548b5a2474575974.jpg

Police (BAN) 0-2 Mohammaden - Well a nice start to the new season. Police had just come up and were expected to be battling relegation so it was nice to beat them and get off to a good start. Khan Khan so good they named him twice struck early enough and Babu made the points safe near the start of the second half. 2-0 was a fair result, we were the better team but not so much that we dominated all half. Scoreline reflected the game. I swear I'm not just picking players based on an hilarious sounding name.

Mohammaden 2-0 BJMC - I have never played these previously before but already hate them! I tried to sign a few of their players in the off season but they didn't want to come because they didn't think my club was big enough. Well screw them. We won ner ner! It was a pretty much carbon copy of the first game. One goal in each half and control of the game without domination.

I don't like to show an early table but here goes...

58cbd9d43f645_tableafter2.jpg.b16231a473488f8ff4d8fdc070bddfb0.jpg

I need to improve...2nd isn't good enough!

Only 2 teams have won both games which shows just how competitive this league could be. Solid start and certainly something to build on.

Summary!

Number of clean sheets - 2

Number of different goalscorers - 4

Still to come!

A big August in Bangladesh

International Interlude

Random Bangladesh Fact

The national animal of Bangladesh is the endangered Royal Bengal Tiger.

• 1 month later...

So I probably overplayed FM. I was just playing one day and felt bored, I had lost all my motivation. I've left it a few months and now I'm getting itchy FM fingers. So on that note...

tropic_thunder_02_scorcher_zps0b462d17.j

Chapter 11.6 "Holy crap I'm still in Bangladesh? Seriously? Well alrighty then.

Wow it took me a while to figure out who I was, where I was, what I had gotten myself into.

84.gif

Then it hit me. Those back to back cup final defeats. I was still in Bangladesh. With only the league left it was time to put all my eggs in one basket. 

20170316205523_1_zpszyqww0ym.jpg

Abahami KC (CTG) 2-2  Mohammaden - What better way than to start the revival with a 2-2 away from home! Truth be told it was actually a good point in the end. We were 2-0 down at half time and I was wondering just what I had gotten myself into.  But we came out fighting in the second half, took the bull by the horns and really proved it was a game of two halves. I've missed the cliches. A goal 6 minutes from time salvaged a point. Onwards and upwards from here.

Mohammaden 2-1 Uttar Baridhara - A good win and once again a game were we only started playing after half time. I should really see what those half time oranges are laced with. We were only 1-0 down at half time this time so I took that as a win. 2 goals in 12 minutes turned the game on its head and we were able to hold on for a good win. Baby steps to looking like we know what we are doing.

Arambagh KS 0-0 Mohammaden - Seems we don't like playing away from home. Dire game, zero decent chances and I spent the 90 minutes daydreaming of a time I didn't have to sit through games like this. It was a peaceful time for all...

Mohammaden 2-0 Sheikh Russell KC (D) - Not quite sure why the D had to be put in a bracket but hey ho we sure showed them a thing or two. We were pretty dominant for 90 minutes here and a goal in each half was enough without breaking a sweat. If we could play like this every game then Bangladesh would soon be a distant memory. 

Sheikh Jamal 0-3 Mohammaden - Boom now that's how its done. We were brilliant in the first half and went into the break with a comfortable 2-0 win. I asked for more of the same in the second half and it took them 2 minutes to give me more of the same. Foot went off the gas from then on and it was all about the clean sheet and avoiding injuries. Good way to pick up the first away win of my comeback.

table%20after%207_zpsanvadklh.jpg

Sitting pretty at the top after 7 games (which is like 1/3 of the way through the season). Wari Club breathing down our neck but all the early season favourites seem to be struggling. After 2 cup final defeats we couldn't let the league slip through our fingers as well.

Summary!

Number of months it took me to play 5 games - 2

Number of times I regretting giving this save another go - 3 (stupid goals conceded)

Still to come!

The exciting continuation of the Bangladesh Premier League

Apparently I promised some sort of International Interlude as well...will have to look back and see exactly where I got to there.

Random Bangladesh Fact

The currency of Bangladesh is called the taka which means 'currency' in Bengali. Taka taka bill y'all!

Chapter 11.7 "Ok I've got this"

With the cups finished (did I mention we finished runner up in both cups) all the attention was on the league. It was all I had left to win otherwise it would be another season in Bangladesh.

September_zpsj9kmwh6y.jpg

Say what you want about Bangladesh...its a thrill a minute!

Mohammaden 1-0 Muktijoddha SKC - Ever had one of those games on FM where you would happily bet your house that no matter what happened you wouldn't score? We that was the case here although we grabbed the breakthrough with 4 minutes to go to snatch all 3 points. It couldn't be argued we didn't deserve it, great win and an important 3 points. Coincidentally I need a place to crash, I lost my home to an 86th minute goal.

Abahani KC (D) 1-0 Mohammaden - Ever had one of those games on FM where you would happily bet your house that no matter what happened you wouldn't score? Well that was the case here, although they managed to bloody score! I got F'ed right in the M here. Bad results, first defeat of the season and well...screw FM sometimes!

Mohammaden 1-0 Wari Club - This was a game where if you were late getting into the stadium you would demand your money back. We scored after just 2 minutes but instead of the floodgates opening they closed. Neither side really threatened from then on. It was a boring game but it was a big 3 points and a great way to bounce back.

Mohammaden 0-0 Feni SC - We completed an exciting month with a dull, drab 0-0 affair. Both sides had their chances but nothing clear cut. In the end a draw although helped nobody was the fair result. No complaints. 

Average month, 2 wins 1 draw and a defeat left the table looking like this.

table%20after%2011_zpskwd6bjf7.jpg

Wari Club had faded like we expected but Police (BAN) were now hot on our heels. They had been newly promoted so have flown under the radar a little bit. It just so happens they are my next opponent. A big game. Still I would have happily taken a 2 horse race at the half way point.

Summary!

Number of goals scored this month - 2

Number of goals conceded this month - 2

Number of games we expect to be picked for television - 0

Still to come!

The continuation of the Bangladesh Premier League

Iran World Cup Qualifying

Random Bangladesh Fact

In Bangladesh, the left hand is considered unclean. As a left handed person myself I was wondering why I kept getting dirty looks from managers when I shock their hand at the final whistle.

• 1 month later...

I booted up Football Manager for the first time in 129 years last night.

Ok maybe not that long but it felt like it!

Delete the excuse as applicable...I've been busy/I've not had the energy/I've been playing this awesome new game/I died

The importantly thing is I played last night and I got bit by the FM Bug again (the good kind). Yeah I know I said that last time but I mean it this time...for reals.

Before we start I have something exciting to announce...I have switched from Photobucket to Gyazo! *hold for applause*.

But first I had to wait the standard 4 hours it takes to Update Steam...even though tonight when I turn my PC on it will take another 4 hours "Updating Steam".

Then once that finally updated I had to wait for my PC to finish updating Origin! Then I had to tell the Mrs off for installing Sim City and The Sims back onto my Football Manager machine...I mean our joint PC. 

Once Origin had finish I had to wait for my computer to update! Basically you pay for it when you haven't booted up your PC in a while (stupid child!).

I have several exciting (maybe) updates that I just need to prepare so watch this space! Or don't. There are other wonderful stories on this forum. 

Ok for starters... I have no idea where I was. Who I was, what year it was and what that strange smell was...then it hit me...I was still in Bangladesh. 

Then I had to figure out just where the ground was, who my players were and most importantly my next fixture.

Now I have a habit of saving and quitting right before a game so next time I load I can just jump straight into the next game. Great plan when the next time your on is less than 24 hours later. Bad plan when its 2 months later and you have no idea who anybody is and your just lying on the floor in the middle of the changing room with 21 men staring at you in confusion.

That being said let me continue...

Chapter 11.8 "The Glorious Return!...Kinda"

57dc0abfbbcb5668cfdd94cf7c39bd83.png

First of all...Gyazo is so much easier to use than Photobucket!

Second of all...unbeaten. Wooo.

Mohammadan 3-0 Police (BAN) - I've gotta be honest with you guys. I played these games months ago. My expert opinion is...we had a good first half. Didn't need to try in the second half so didn't. Hell for all I know we got battered 30 shots to 3...we won 3-0 that's all I know.

BJMC 0-2 Mohammadan - Now I remember this game. I think we scored after 2 minutes and then again at 55. If I recall Khan Khan scored the first goal. So good they named him twice. And Alam got the second...might be wrong...its all memory...

Mohammadan 2-2 Abahani KC - Still games I played months ago. I imagine I went 1-0 down then came back to 2-1 and then drew 2-2 but at this point that is pure speculation.

Uttar Baridhara 1-1 Mohammadan - Now this looks like I got very lucky but no fooling I remember this game. I scored in the 92nd minute to take the lead! Then they equalised in the 95th minute...think I remember why I didn't go back for a few months now. 

af3928c0432480c31832d81dc805f69f.png

Table was looking good. But memories of the two cup finals have come flooding back. 7 games to go and it was still all to play for. 

Liking the look of that GD though, that could be the difference maker...unless it goes by Results against Teams...then that 3-0 win over Police (BAN) could be the different maker!

Summary!

Memories recovered - 1

Games lost - 0 

Games lost in head - 4

Still to come!

The gripping conclusion of the Bangladesh Premier League (And I promise I won't make you wait a month).

Random Bangladesh Fact

There ain't no party like a Bangladeshi party because a Bangladeshi party will cause you to lose months of your life!

Chapter 11.9 "No I don't want to go clothes shopping. I already have enough draws"

23d9e31c13c516b2be92fd31d4e3aeaa.png

Seems I went to the Jose Mourinho school of Management.

1rppvp.jpg

Mohammadan 2-2 Arambagh KS - This went back and forth and did nothing for my heart. I went 1-0 up then 2-1 down and finally forced the draw. To be honest even though its a home game its probably 1 point earned rather than 2 points dropped we weren't the better side at all.

Sheikh Russell 0-0 Mohammadan - I tried my trick of going for a pee in the hopes I would come back to a 5-0 win...even my trick couldnt save this car crash of a game. Awful from start to finish. Both sides managed 6 shots between them. I cried.

Mohammadan 3-0 Sheikh Jamal - Now that's more like it. We crushed a winless (albeit unbeaten) streak in style. Job was done in the first half although I'll be the first to admit (not to the press) that the penalty was never a penalty...not in a million years. Oh well! Big win and much much needed.

Muktijoddha 1-6 Mohammadan - Every season you have one game that just blows you out the water. This was that game. Everybody turned up, everybody clicked. It doesn't stop me being annoyed we conceded! Alam scored 4 and deserved all the plaudits, he actually played a part in 5 out of the 6 games and got a 9.9. He obviously strayed offside once so didn't deserve the 10.0!

It left the league looking like this with 3 games to go.

cf1dd7ff556be05b5b49c15a323ba8e4.png

The 4 draws in a row haven't hit us as hard as they could have done but my god its going to be squeaky bum time for the last month of the season.

Summary!

Games lost in the previous 2 months - 0

Games where I wish I was dead - 1

Alam haters - 9.9

Still to Come!

The final 3 games of the season

Iran World Cup Qualifying (I promise)

Random Bangladesh Fact

Jackfruit (Kathal in Bengali) is the national fruit and the Mango tree is the national tree of Bangladesh.

Everybody know the fruit is named after Jack Bauer who could kill you with a single towel...much like the fruit.

I just have to pop in and say that Bangladesh is home to one of the most cringy logos ever:

Image result for sheikh russel kc

Sheikh Russel's graphic designers need to get a slap in the face...

25 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

I just have to pop in and say that Bangladesh is home to one of the most cringy logos ever:

Image result for sheikh russel kc

Sheikh Russel's graphic designers need to get a slap in the face...

Oh that is glorious. I wish I had the logo pack. 

2 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Random Bangladeshi facts. My morning is complete. :brock:

I'll let you in on a little secret. I made the party fact up. 

International Interlude

World Cup Qualifying

What better time to fill you in on my adventures with Iran than when your all waiting with bated breath to see if I lift the Bangladesh Premier League.

According to the last time I updated the Internationals I was in a group with "3rd party hosting is currently unavailable". If memory serves they are a tricky opponent and I would do well to qualify.

I'm going to cut a long a pointless 4 years short.

b60fdc823d2fe5e6cbca4598f62245ec.png

I qualified. Quite easily really. It was always going to be one of two of either Us, Japan and South Korea. 

And this is how I did it.

ae7cc20ac50924180dc160eb5f822739.png

Straight forward wins against Tajikstan and India set up a big final two games...which meant nothing because I had already qualified. Still a great result against Japan made up for two woeful performances against Chile and South Korea respectively.

South Korea went onto qualify from the playoffs. And will join Us, Japan, Australia and amazingly Indonesia as the representatives of Asia in Mexico 2026.

05078274c995309913d180c4ff317155.png

Oh. If you need me I'll be in the corner...uncontrollably sobbing.

Still to come!

The gripping finale of the Bangladesh Premier League

World Cup 2026

Chapter 11.10 "Just one finale month then hopefully I'm going to be Bangladashing out of here"

I'm not proud of that chapter title. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise!

Big month. 2 points clear at the top with 3 games to go. All I needed to do was keep a clear head and I was home and dry.

1cf47e9e904acf93b43588fdfa7a4b87.png

Mohammadan 2-0 Abahani KC (D) - Now this was exactly what I needed to do. We took the chances when they were presented to us while remaining calm and focused at the back. Another two games like this and it was going to be very easy.

Wari Club 1-2 Mohammadan - Ok not so confident now. Started off perfectly and was 1-0 up inside 2 minutes but then everything went wrong. We were on the back foot for the entire first half and was lucky to find ourselves still 1-0 at HT. 3 minutes into the second half it was 1-1. Apparently "Things are going well but we could be doing better" did nothing to motivate my guys! Things were looking bad as they continued to pepper my goal. Suddenly with 3 minutes to go a breakaway and oh my Gosh! Totally against the run of play we had snatched a huge massive 3 points!

61cd0c5ea5e1baecb6a7aabea46141e4.png

Feni SC 0-1 Mohammadan - This game was the complete opposite of the last one. We dominated from start to finish and it looked like one of those games that was going to get away from us. We huffed and puffed but the keeper was saving everything fired at him. Until 3 minutes from time when a thunderbolt from 2 yards out smashed the back of the net (keeper saved and it fell right to my striker who slotted it into an empty net. Queue scenes!

Well not quite...you see...

b73e58f714735ea6eecce7c7aa33bbe1.png

Police (BAN) had bottled their title charge and the league was won before the last game of the season. In fact in the last 3 games they had drawn 1 and lost the other 2. 

They did put the pressure on though and for some small London clubs that's as good as winning the league. :brock:

So after 2 cup final defeats a trophy was finally mine and it was in easier fashion that anticipated.

cc0c73d7cc491e2eef0d14291702855d.png

A sight which I've become used to. Another country has come and gone. It means I get to load a new country up. I also have the World Cup to look forward to for the first time in this career. 

Summary!

Number of Cup Finals - 2

Number of Cup Final Wins - 0

Number of Trophies Won - 1

Number of battles with diarrhoea - 1 (it just lasted 9 months)

Still to come!

The drawing of a new country

Unemployment

World Cup 2026

Random Bangladesh Fact

Due to Bangladesh being so low lying and tropical, the ground has never frozen over with a record low of 4.5°C in Jessore during the winter of 2011.

They are obviously waiting for Scotland to qualify for a major tournament before it freezes over. 

21 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

Welcome back, Iran - be funny if you beat England !

What small London Clubs are you referring to ?

Don't worry it wasn't QPR :brock:. I was referring to a certain team who can put the pressure on and still finish 3rd in a 2 horse race. 

As I've already played the games but not got access to the screenshots all I can say is....the next part of this thread isn't going to be very "funny" :(

Anybody know why Photobucket isn't working any more? And how I can get my images working against on this thread?

EDIT Ignore me. I've read up and found out I've been a bad boy and gone against their terms and conditions. I'm a tight arse so I won't be buying the upgrade so that's that!

Unemployment Interlude

First thing's first. The excitement of winning a cup or league and considering a country finish is massive...but its not as exciting as drawing out a new country. Where could I end up? US Virgin Islands? Fiji? Maybe even head home to England or Scotland!

255px-Flag_of_Belarus.svg.png

Belarus.

It was Belarus.

Never been a Belarus and I apologise to any Belorussians reading this but...it doesn't strike me as the most exciting place in the World.

Oh well the show must go on!

It means I have Belarus, Morocco or DR Congo to choose from. Exotic.

I had a decision to make. Do I wait until the World Cup was over and then go on the job hunt or do I get back on the horse.

150968.jpg

This was me. Trying to get back on the horse. 

I applied for two jobs in the Belarus Higher League, both predicted to finish in the top 6 of the league. Both of them laughed! This didn't fill me with confidence.

I may have won many leagues and cups but never with a big club and never with any consistency. This meant maybe I was looking too high. 

Luckily a team became available in the Belarus First Division. They had just been relegated and were favourites to bounce straight back up again... 

FK_Krumkachy_Logo.png

For those of who whose Russian isn't what it used to be...I was the new manager of FK Krumkachy Minsk!

Wikipedia defines FK Krumkachy Minsk as...

The team was founded in 2011 by a group of football fans and joined the Belarusian Second League in 2014 after initially competing in the Belarusian amateur leagues.[1] The club is named after the Belarusian word for raven. 

It means I get to use some of my air miles!

9352cf8c919c968a0613ce84244bc9ea.png

I've never felt so safe.

They play at FC Minsk Stadium...as do most of the teams from Minsk.

3.jpg

Wow an actual stand. That;s how you know you've made it!

When I joined the team were top of the table after 4 games with 3 wins and 1 draw. Something to build on. 

Chapter 12 "Minsking into the room"

So I had landed on my feet (in a way) at a financially stable (if you can call it that) Belarus First Division (2nd tier) club.

The fact that not even the best teams in Belarus will take me had lead me to believe my reputation isn't as good as I thought it was. Honestly its like the Latvian Winter Cup and Bangladesh Premier League mean nothing to some people! With that in mind I have decided that no matter what happens here I will be staying with Krumkachy until a better job becomes available or I'm forced to leave by security. My current reputation is only 2 stars. I need to up that otherwise I'll be doomed to spend this save in the lower reaches of every country. Of course I could win the World Cup with Iran then it would be so long suckers at the earliest opportunity.

The transfer window has already closed meaning I can't go on any village raids (I mean what's the point in living if I can't go on any village raids?). So what sort of side have I been left with?

eb81872bcc9486b273a23ce2edade832.pngb926ff8fefe0a212ba54f5084caf253b.png

A lot of deadwood but generally not a bad side. If they all adapt to my formation well I think this could be a very successful season and an immediate return to the Belarus Higher Division. 

9b96e80334ef05ae9c8a3357aa691c13.png

Well crap.

Isloch 0-0 Krumkachy - If this was a sign of things to come then I had made a terrible terrible mistake. Both teams killed football. There was a grand total of 5 shots...all game...between the two teams. Never has there been a more deserving 0-0 in the history of football. I'd like to go on record and say I never promised attractive football. You knew what you were getting yourself in for when you hired a guy with only 2 stars reputation!

Khimik Svetlogorsk 3-0 Krumkachy - This was a tight even contest that could have gone either way. Then we had a man sent off and pretty much crumbled. It wasn't flying, it was falling with style. It had been a bad start for me but two away games so I could have been slightly forgiven. It would be completely different at home.

Krumkachy 1-1 Smorgon - Undo! Undo! This was a frustrating game. We were dominant, deserved to take the lead and looked more like making it 2 than an equaliser. Cue FM in all it's glory. They snatched a goal out of nowhere and suddenly we were hanging on. In one hand we threw away a lead so it was 2 points dropped on the other hand we clung on for a draw so it was 1 point earned. Either was I hadn't won in 3.

It was the last game for a month as the league broke for the World Cup. Which meant I had to stare at this table for 31 days...

973cb5ead295531acc5bd2077ccb0bed.png

You know how new managers are suppose to spark something into the team. I had the complete opposite affect. They were top when I top over...not anymore!

I needed to start stringing wins together otherwise I wouldn't last long. The Expectation was promotion.

Summary!

Number of days between taking over and my first game - 10 hours

Number of games between taking over and my first goal - 3

Number of games between taking over and my first win - 3 and counting!

Still to Come!

The World Cup with Iran

My continuing woes domestically

Random Belarus Fact

You never see a flat country like this one. The highest mountain in Belarus is Mount Dzyarzhynskaya with it’s amazing 346 meters of height.

If you listen carefully you can hear the angry cry of the Dutch.

2 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

GL

I take it you play it on the ground, being so flat?

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

World Cup Mexico 2026

First we had a few friendlies. 

40e0550b77491a8b9e4ae236541eade0.png

It was clear early on that Sadar Azmoun was going to be vital if we stood any chance of doing anything this World Cup...

c616a1f700638b15f6a072aa0940bf15.png

Crap. 

In regards to the games. It was a straight forward win against Israel. They will also take part in the World Cup so it was a confidence boosting win.

The Paraguay game...well...

9731a138105feef20be4aef2c1d14c9a.png

Sometimes you have to laugh. Otherwise you'd cry.

Finally I was going to make my debut in the World Cup.

England, Uruguay and Poland await.

Expectation was low, I just didn't want to be embarrassed.

First up was Uruguay.

ee2f6a0548ac3f405f3bf70d92c23d96.png

Easily one of the best results I've had at an International level. Uruguay dominated the first half and were deservedly in front. Something happened at half time. They responded to my team talk and came out guns blazing. We grabbed an early equaliser and honestly bossed the second half. It could have gone either way but luckily for us on 88 minutes it went our way. Queue epic celebrations. Suddenly we dared to dream.

Our second game was against Poland.

2b2ddeb06f8537df6d16d0ba73e8ca5b.png

On paper this was a brilliant result. But the harsh reality is we blew it. We were 2-0 and comfortable at half time. If we had held on we would have stood top of the group only needing a point. Poland struck twice in the last 20 minutes and I could have no complaints. We dominated the first half but they dominated the second. The draw was a fair result but it was tinged with a feeling of what could have been.

With 1 game left in the group things were tight.

Iran 4 Points

England 3 Points

Uruguay 3 Points

Poland 1 Point

All we needed was 1 point against England to secure an amazing spot in the second round. Easier said than done!

26c418a69bf867457546eeb95d8b8f98.png

What the worst thing that can happen when all you need is a point? We conceded after 4 minutes. We grabbed the equaliser 11 minutes later and amazingly find ourselves in front just after the half hour mark. All we needed to do was defend. 3 minutes later it was 2-2. Tension mounted as the game started reaching its last 20 minutes. 18 minutes from time Iranian hearts were smashed as Harry Kane completed his hat trick. We huffed and puffed but couldn't force the equaliser. 

All was not lost. If Uruguay failed to beat Poland we would still be through.

d8dca42c3e798d0adbd14e2124c4be1b.png

Uruguay won 1-0.

We had come so close. I was proud in defeat. We had taken 2 very good teams all the way and were a late equalising goal against Poland away from qualifying. It just wasn't meant to be. 

We need to regroup and rebuild because the Asian Cup was only 5 months away. 

2 hours ago, kidthekid said:

impressive world cup results.

13 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Very good results at the World Cup, man. No easy road with Iran.

Thanks I'm still gutted! It was about a week ago in terms of playing time and to relive it again was painful!

Going to go into the Asian Cup with one of two options. Either 1) Win it. Stay for the Confederations Cup which means might as well stay for another World Cup and Asian Cup or 2) Don't win it and bin Iran off!

Chapter 12.2 "Is it too late to quit football and live in the sewer?"

I was hoping to bounce back from a disappointing domestic start and a disappointing but surprising World Cup.

c0bd58d754388945a7dfc99195ea1617.png

I don't want to Football Manager anymore!

Belshina 2-1 Krumkachy - This was always going to be a tricky game, they are favourites to go up. Truth be told they were much the better team and the 2-1 defeat flattered us. We weren't performing at all and a drastic change of tactic was in order.

Uzda 0-4 Krumkachy - Light! Light at the end of the tunnel. The new tactic worked an absolute treat. We scored 2 late goals to put a little gloss on the final score but we deserved it. We never looked like losing this and I had grabbed the first win. This was going to be it, the kick start I needed.

Krumkachy 0-1 Volna - What's that? Its getting closer and closer, faster and faster. Oh its the ground. THUMP. It took all of 35 minutes for teams to figure out my new tactic. One step forward two steps backwards. 

Krumkachy 1-1 Zheldor - Ever have one of those games where you know what's going to happen before it happens. I knew Zheldor was going to score in the 91st minute before they did, I knew as soon as the highlight came up. How did I know? Because I had rinsed them from start to finish. Because I know how FM works. Because I'm bitter and negative! All 3 of them were applicable.

Bereza 1-0 Krumkachy - At least I drew a non league side in the cup. I should give them a good hiding...I don't want to talk about this game...I may use words that will get me banned from these forums...and I like these forums!

Torpedo Minsk 1-2 Krumkachy - What a massive 92nd minute winner this was. Much needed. Once again it looked like I was going to drop points in a game I had dominated. For once luck was on our side and we were able to come away with a massive 3 points. 

I'm not going to show you the league table at this point. It had nothing to do with the fact that I forgot to take a screenshot because I was filled with hot murderous rage...honestly.

Summary!

Amount of times in my career I've been classed as Very Insecure - 1 (Right now)

Number of wins out of ten - 2

Number of open brochure on my bed - 16 (I heard Prishtina might be looking for a new manager again)

Still To Come!

Do I turn it around or walk the plank?

International Interlude with the Build up to the Asian Cup

Random Belarus Fact

Their most important national holiday is Freedom Day on May 9. They celebrate the end of the German Occupation during WW2.

That's when I'll strike the villages! It will be ironic!

8 hours ago, Benjoe said:

On further thinking, I agree with what @noikeee said. Get that Asian cup, son!

If I win the Asian Cup I'll be staying with Iran but keeping my options open. I want to stay and play in the Confederations Cup but that is 3 seasons away and a lot can happen. 

If I don't win I'll have to see what happens. It will be my second Asian Cup, I want to get my reputation up and I'm only going to do that by winning things.

I had an offer from Mexico after the World Cup which I thought was great...then I remembered they take part in the Caribbean Cup and it will more than likely crash my game! It means I'm destined never to manage either Mexico or USA!

Chapter 12.3 "A mini raid"

Ok I'm going to level with you guys. The screenshot of the team above wasn't the team I inherited. It was the team at the end of the mid season transfer window. I forgot to take a screenshot to begin with so thought I'd just use that.

The reason why I've needed to come clean is this guy...

ac378927ecac707eb1f3aeefa87a4aa6.png

Again no screenshot of his stats. I'm rusty at this!

I blew my entire budget on him...I also picked up a few free agency signings.

0b40b94079f3ccba92b744111fbee213.pngea2045505a77fbaeeb2e085cd94bd1db.png

Just to bolster up my squad. It was a mild raid as far as I'm concerned. 

Anyway onto the results.

ee827d7110dedd2acdd9c4830b99c1b0.png

Now you see why I needed to mention him!

Krumkachy 1-1 Granit - It was more of the same really here. We dominate, concede a stupid early goal and then struggle to equalise. Luckily we did although 1 point gained is still 2 points dropped. Starting to think that quote is going to be imprinted on my tombstone.

YuAS 0-5 Krumkachy - Ok a good win. I know what your thinking, this is the turning point. Truth be told they are bottom and terrible so a win was the minimum requirement. The most important thing to take out of this game was the goal scorer in the 9th minute. This was his debut and he made an immediate impact. As I said the game was straightforward. We were never in danger but this was expected.

Krumkachy 2-0 Orsha - Ok 3 goals in 2 games. I was a little worried about blowing my entire massive 28k budget on one player but so far so good. It was an even first half that could have gone either way and I was starting to think the 5-0 was just a flash in the pan. 2 quick goals completely changed the dynamic of the game and we never looked back. A great solid win! First time I've been able to say that while in Belarus.

Krumkachy 5-0 Isloch - Ok so 6 goals in 3 games and I have been very much proved right in my decision. Maybe grabbing players in the dark of night against their own free will isn't the way forward. Who knew? This was the first time I actually started feeling good about this team, everything clicked, we looked fluid while rigid at the back. We took our chances brilliantly. Basically for once I didn't have to send my assistant manager to the press conference for fear of punching somebody.

Slonim 3-3 Krumkachy - Brilliant game of football this but horrible at the same time. 1 point gained or 2 dropped? Definitely 1 point gained. I was behind not once not twice but 3 times in this game but kept finding a way back into it. In the end a draw was a very fair result, although I wouldn't have complained if we nicked it. 

I have a screenshot of the league! Don't say I don't do anything for you guys.

ae8596908f78f74f4d34942d13cb09f4.png

No I honestly don't have a clue either.

Nobody wants to win this league. When you consider Smorgon are 6 points off relegation but also 6 points off a promotion you get how close this league is. Anybody is more than capable of beating anybody...except YuAS. Lets all laugh at YuAS.

Summary!

Number of games Nekhaychik has played - 4

Number of goals Nekhaychik has scored - 7

Number of smug looks I've given the board - 7

Still to come!

International Interlude with Iranian friendlies

The exciting conclusion to the Belarus First Division 

Random Belarus Fact

This is the land of potatoes, because their national cuisine has over 300 potato recipes! Hell they even make pancakes from potatoes!

If you listen carefully you can hear the angry screams of many an Irish person. 

Chapter 12.4 "Consistency is the key"

After a good month I received this.

7481514b65543b8d21c4ddd86114e7a0.png

Normally there is a worry that results will falter after winning manager of the month but this month I'm just going to let the results do the talking.

e7212db1e7e291ddc0d69d247e1d007c.png

Its like déjà vu all over again!

Baranovichi 1-1 Krumkachy - Well this was a funny old game. It really was a game of two halves. But at the end of the day a draw was the fair result. I proved here you can't win anything with kids. How are these football clichys doing?

Krumkachy 1-1 Khimik Svetlogorsk - Erm...it was a funny game this one a real game of two halves. They dominated the first half but we came roaring back in the second. I know I've had problems with time travel in this career but seriously didn't we just play this game?

Smorgon 1-1 Krumkachy - Now this one. This was the complete opposite! Thank god! We dominated the first half but they came roaring back in the second half. Like chalk and cheese this game compared to the other 2.

It was a weird month, but the positive is still Nekhaychik who has now scored 10 goals in 7 games. If he gets injured we are screwed...

...only joking he isn't injured. Can you imagine!

31caf499bd321c9d6182c1f3fe2d01b3.png

When your team has drawn more games than they have won but still find themselves top do you feel proud or just sorry for the state of Belarusian football?

With 6 games to go even Uzda in 11th will be dreaming they can still get a playoff place. Its going to be a very tight run in. I don't like making it look too easy you see.

Summary!

Number of games lost - 0

Number of games won - 0

Number of win or draw bets placed on us - 4.3 million

Still to come!

The final two months of the season

Iranian Action!

Random Belarus Fact

Belarus is the only European country that still has death penalty.

Wait...really...honestly those players came with me under their own free will!

39 minutes ago, noikeee said:

That league table looks... disturbing. Hopefully you manage to draw your way into first place at the end, so your Krumkachy team can kach-in from the promotion.

You're in a serious pun-mode today. It's Krumtastic but not really Kach-ing on, I'm afraid.

Also, @andychar, you need to clinch the title man! 

And I am stille waiting for Sergey's stats... :D 

1 hour ago, Benjoe said:

You're in a serious pun-mode today. It's Krumtastic but not really Kach-ing on, I'm afraid.

Also, @andychar, you need to clinch the title man! 

And I am stille waiting for Sergey's stats... :D 

Everybody loves a good pun! 

I'll be hoping to jump on tonight...the Mrs has to put the baby to bed at some point! I'll grab a screenshot then.

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

That league table looks... disturbing. Hopefully you manage to draw your way into first place at the end, so your Krumkachy team can kach-in from the promotion.

The league table gives hope to millions. You can be average and still achieve "greatness".

Chapter 12.5 "Wait a minute...you can have results other than 1-1"

c625cfc9ca6f95790586201497f5c324.png

See I wanted to lull everybody into a false sense of security them bam!

Volna 1-2 Krumkachy - This was a hard fought win. We were comfortable in the first half and were deservedly 1-0 up at the break. It looked like more of the same was going to follow as we doubled our lead. Then we decided to play "how many heart attacks can we give the gaffer?". They pulled one back with 30 minutes to go then proceeded to hit the woodwork not once...not twice...not three times but four times. I got told we won on the way to the hospital.

Krumkachy 2-0 Belshina - Huge win and for the first time this season we looked like we could actually go up! It was an even first half but luckily we managed to snatch it just before the break. The second half we were more in control and doubled the lead to take the pressure off. They had chances but never really looked dangerous. 

Krumkachy 2-0 Uzda - This game looked like it a heading for 0-0, we were creating chances but didn't really look like scoring. I made the bold decision of taking Sergey off and bringing Yurin in. 2 goals later I look amazing and we are looking favourites for the title.

Zheldor 0-1 Krumkachy - Dunno what happen this game. I went to the shop and my Mrs decided to "see what all the fuss was about" and played it. She won 1-0. I didn't know if I was allowed to be mad or not. I've electrified the keyboard...just in case she gets curious again.

Didn't get a screenshot of the table at this point because I was too busy trying to figure out how my Mrs won the game. All I can tell you is, promotion is all but secured and 1 point is all that's needed to win the league title.

Luckily I'm brilliant at picking up the odd point...

af5918e34be762dbf0e4167e68b453ca.png

Take it back! I don't want it!

Summary!

Points needed to secure title - 1

Win ratio for the Mrs - 100%

Number of times I will live that down - Zero!

Still to come!

The last 2 games of the season.

Iran fun

Random Belarus Fact

Over 40% of Belorussian territory is covered in forests, this is why they have a green stripe on their flag

Perfect for hiding failed abductees.

13 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

:eek:

:ackter:

The death penalty doesn't scare me!

Chapter 12.6 "A nice calm end to a hectic season"

So all I needed was 1 point from 2 games and both were very winable matches. Easy.

b8c9403892e910540bac0e97285dcbaf.png

:seagull:

Krumkachy 0-1 Torpedo Minsk - It looked like they were relegated so surely this was in the bag. We played terribly. We have had some bad results but nothing this bad for a while. We hardly created anything so its not like I can say we were robbed. We just didn't turn up. But its fine. We had one more game left to secure the title.

Granit 2-0 Krumkachy - We have had some bad results but nothing this bad since the last game. You know the feeling you get sometimes when you just want to take a sledgehammer to your computer/laptop. This was this game x100! I should have let the Mrs take over.

When I say bottle you say job.

BOTTLE!

03241987c09c3f628f5799bcdaf68f9b.png

Oh yeah thats right! Everybody in the league is just as terrible as us. 

We went up as champions despite winning less than 50% of our games this season. Keep in mind 3 out of those 12 wins took place before I had even taken over.

Good season!

a4b02ab6150dd8c1f62f8c099124ebf8.pnga4dbed72f2e3d6652cd7f0d8491da74b.png

It does mean however I am free to leave Belarus. Only this time I'm not going to. My reputation needs improving and winning the Belarus First Division has increased it by apart 1mm of a star. If I can build a decent team here and have a solid season in the Premier League then maybe just maybe I'll be able to get a bigger job elsewhere.

Summary!

Number of games won this month - 0

Number of points won this month - 0

Number of goals scored this month - 0

Number of titles won this month - 1

Still to come!

Iranian friendlies and Asian Cup

Pre Season in Belarus

Random Belarus Fact

Belarus is the 86th most populous nation on our beloved planet earth.

Although that number keeps getting larger with every mysterious kidnapping.

I came into this thread by searching 'Iran', so... welcome to the Asian-Cup-Runner-Up-And-Last-Gasp-World-Cup-Group-Stage-Exit-With-Iran club. :D

Being able to take a job outside Iran and playing a friendly with Israel? I can only assume the Revolutionary Guard and hardliners have finally been overthrown by the masses and the FA aren't so anal any more. :lol:

On 09/07/2017 at 06:26, git2thachoppa said:

I came into this thread by searching 'Iran', so... welcome to the Asian-Cup-Runner-Up-And-Last-Gasp-World-Cup-Group-Stage-Exit-With-Iran club. :D

Being able to take a job outside Iran and playing a friendly with Israel? I can only assume the Revolutionary Guard and hardliners have finally been overthrown by the masses and the FA aren't so anal any more. :lol:

Haha its a lonely dark place to be in!

The Israel players are still missing following their friendly loss against Iran. This follows a string of strange kidnappings all around the world which seem to have nothing in common :cool:

Archived