FMM17 - Hotfix plans

On 12/20/2016 at 22:12, Marc Vaughan said:

Now its been brought up I'll take a look into some options to configure this - some people have told me they like it as it makes things faster, but obviously some don't so having it something which is configurable in some manner is probably the best approach would you agree?

I must say now that I'm done messing around with the game and have started a long-term save, the lack of seeing other global scores (despite having a global filter enabled) is an incredibly shallow experience.  I want to see what's going on in the world around me especially since my aspirations in the game are to make it big on the world stage.  Without this, the immersion is severely lacking.  Really hoping this is something that can be patched into this version instead of waiting until next November.

• SI Staff
On 20/12/2016 at 13:06, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

Can't believe we are three hot fixes in and the game in still skipping from match to match. Makes the game so much less in depth than all the previous versions. Clearly not going to be fixed as as surely something that makes the game much less detailed would have been fixed within three updates. Very disappointing. 

Ok current plan is to link this to the news filter setting ...

Global - will stop on any competition of importance over that of the Championship (so will stop on most top division matches in active leagues, say if you're managing in England then it'd stop on top Italian league matches etc. so you can see the score) -  PLUS all instances mentioned in National + Club below.

National - will stop on any league match in your country and similarly any cup competition in your country plus all continental competitions - PLUS all instances mentioned in Club below.

Divisional / Club - will stop on matches as at present (i.e. determined by the competitions you are active within)

Does that sound reasonable to you AndrewDriverNo1? - I think linking the two makes sense as your news filter should indicate to some extent what you're interested in?

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, SephDarkheart said:

is it too clunky to make it an option in preferences? if so the it may work under the news filter

I was considering a separate option in preferences - but I wanted to keep things as simple as possible if I could, its very easy to over-complicate things I find.

(basically the 'gist' is that global will put things roughly where they were for previous iterations of FMM, with lower settings being faster and filtering out some matches/news)

• SI Staff

Hi - sorry I've not been about much recently, been rather ill. When to stop and show results is something we're obviously working on as mentioned - but we do have to be sensitive as to when as in previous years a lot of people have complained about the game stopping for competitions they have no interest in. The news filter solution is one we're looking at and there are a couple of other ideas as well.

On 21/12/2016 at 05:12, Marc Vaughan said:

Now its been brought up I'll take a look into some options to configure this - some people have told me they like it as it makes things faster, but obviously some don't so having it something which is configurable in some manner is probably the best approach would you agree?

We hope that most 'critical' (ie. game stopping) issues have now been resolved and our next update will be a larger one which will include a lot of gameplay tuning, tweaking and such - this won't happen until some time in January at the earliest (as we all have families and have been working long hours and weekends to get the game released and subsequently supporting it as actively as possible ... hence we'll be at home with our families over the holidays, I'll be online sporadically and doing some support and such - but I'm hoping everyone else won't be).

Thanks Marc,

We need to find the passion to play FMM again :)  We trust you for that.

We wish you great holidays and happy new year.

On 26/12/2016 at 19:12, Marc Vaughan said:

Ok current plan is to link this to the news filter setting ...

Global - will stop on any competition of importance over that of the Championship (so will stop on most top division matches in active leagues, say if you're managing in England then it'd stop on top Italian league matches etc. so you can see the score) -  PLUS all instances mentioned in National + Club below.

National - will stop on any league match in your country and similarly any cup competition in your country plus all continental competitions - PLUS all instances mentioned in Club below.

Divisional / Club - will stop on matches as at present (i.e. determined by the competitions you are active within)

Does that sound reasonable to you AndrewDriverNo1? - I think linking the two makes sense as your news filter should indicate to some extent what you're interested in?

That sounds perfect Marc :) like I said I totally understand that some players will appreciate the game being super quick but I really appreciate the depth of the game. This will suit all kinds of players. Can't wait for this update :):):) 

Hope you had a nice Christmas 🎄 

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 12/28/2016 at 19:02, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

PS - will this be ready for the January update or will we need to wait longer? :) 

I can't say at this stage - its in the current branch here, but obviously its up to QA whether its deemed 'ready' or not for a particular release and as such it'd be wholly wrong for me to say "it'll be in release x" .... I trust QA to verify things and put it into the appropriate release, if I've messed up something in its implementation then it'll come back to me and might be slightly delayed (the game is somewhat complex so its easy to miss a permutation or knock-on from things) ...

(sorry I know that answer probably isn't the most satisfying - but I'm trying to be honest)

6 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I can't say at this stage - its in the current branch here, but obviously its up to QA whether its deemed 'ready' or not for a particular release and as such it'd be wholly wrong for me to say "it'll be in release x" .... I trust QA to verify things and put it into the appropriate release, if I've messed up something in its implementation then it'll come back to me and might be slightly delayed (the game is somewhat complex so its easy to miss a permutation or knock-on from things) ...

(sorry I know that answer probably isn't the most satisfying - but I'm trying to be honest)

No it's better to know it's not going to be anytime soon, that's better than checking the App Store and forums everyday hoping for news. If it's only just going into your in house QA and then Apple QA then release its safe to say we won't be seeing it this month anyway! 

• SI Staff

The way we develop isn't quite like that, we have constant rollouts to QA but there are frequently complex issues that require weeks or even more in test to be reasonably confident that the fix stands up. So maybe at times we will have something fixed 6 weeks ago that we still don't feel is ready to push out, or we may have a simple fix from 3 days ago in which we are quite confident.

We are talking about a problem (the game still skipping from match to match) that wasn't present in all the previous versions. We're waiting for this fix since the release (almost two months). I haven't played FMM17 since I bought it in the appStore and that's very very frustrating for a football/fm fan.

We understand that people are working hard to offer us the best game as possible but those people also should understand the customers frustration. We're not disappointed by this version, we're just frustrated as avid football manager fans, this version is almost perfect. We believe the main issues will be fixed soon, we trust your teams, give us just some positive signals to reassure everyone.

Keep working, FM is still the best football game ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

8.1 is out.

Changelist:

• Fixed manager of the month award
  • Fixed manager of the year award
  • Fixed player awards for Australian A-League
  • Made game correctly show user results from relevant competitions (based on news filters)
  • Tweaked manager movement for greater realism
  • Made loans a bit easier in both directions
  • Tweaked effectiveness of player retraining
  • Tweaked injury occurrence rates for training
  • Lessened physio effect slightly
  • Fixed rare issue where league could get stuck
  • Fixed two issues where it was incorrectly not possible to discipline player
  • Fixed reserve team training issue
  • Fixed Club World Championship UI crash
  • Fixed various obscure crashes
  • Fixed Aerial Ability not updating when changed using IGE
  • Fixed issue where B team players stayed banned
  • Improved auto-pick and AI pick for substitutes
  • Prevented user being able to access completed auction
  • Made manager discipline decisions reflect personality better
  • Tweaked player and club loan-to-buy logic
  • Fixed scouts returning 'duplicate' player reports if recalled
  • Fixed scout report assignment news item returning incorrect number of players
  • Fixed a couple of scouting logic bugs
  • Fixed various AI tactics issues
  • Fixed league position display at end of challenge
  • Fixed issue where scouts would not always see some pros/cons they should
  • Prevented young goalkeepers from being overrated as often
  • Fixed club result sequence storage
  • Fixed issue where 3 month loans would be inappropriately requested
  • Fixed some display/sorting issues in Scrapbook
  • Fixed an issue where an edited club name was being reset upon reloading after season update
  • Made it clearer when players are unavailable on picker popup
  • Fixed player position ability inconsistencies with FL/FR positions on position selection page
  • Fixed not being able to see injury lengths when no matches left in a season
  • Fixed player average rating stat
  • Fixed issue where user couldn't apply for national job
  • Tweaked of player values, particularly for good players in Germany
  • Tweaked scout perception of wage demands
  • Fixed wrong asking price suggested by scout for Bosman
  • Fixed issue with players being quoted at ludicrous prices
  • Fixed display of incorrect draw date
  • Fixed AI using too many subs in some cups
  • Fixed various rounding/value issues
  • Fixed issue with year display of award
  • Ensured that players who are shortlisted by the user always have their news items shown
  • Made very young prospects a little more expensive
  • Fixed player achievement issue with Club World Championship
  • Tweaked AI vs AI performance and ratings
  • Prevented Don Biggins being displayed on match pages if a player isn't present in the squad or the line up
  • Tweaked retirements
  • Tweaked goalkeeping attributes
  • Made sure all continental cup matches are stored in player continental history instead of cup history
  • Fixed inconsistencies between national board confidence text and the summary box
  • Fixed Dangers of Capitalism challenge in Australia
  • Fixed issue where random club would incorrectly qualify for EURO cup
  • Prevented player-coaches being released when demoted
  • Fixed player history issue in Asian countries
  • Made finances less likely to take unpredictable turns
  • Fixed Cardiff virtual players not being Welsh
  • Fixed issue where some older players would decline too much
  • Ensured that players promoted to coaching roles retain their playing roles at their club
  • Fixed memory leak when assistant help is diplaying
  • Changed a misleading Brexit string when managing as UK manager elsewhere in world
  • Made clubs consider blooding young players more often
  • Made clubs a bit less trigger-happy releasing players
  • Ensured players being promoted as youths are fully fit
  • Prevented spamming of manager commitment news when a user applies to lots of jobs
  • Fixed player progress graph display issues when in the off-season
  • Increased chance of a player happiness recovering from disliking training once their regime adjusts
  • Ensured staff display on B teams
  • Various other minor tweaks and fixes

3 minutes ago, Footix said:

All those bugs were in the game?! Good thing they've been fixed, but... Wow. That's a long list. 

Edit: will there be a transfer update after the January window, or was this the final update for '17?

Many of those "bug fixes" could technically be called balancing adjustments... And yes, they typically do at least one more update in late February-ish which includes January transfers. 

• SI Staff
On 04/02/2017 at 01:40, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

"Ensured that players promoted to coaching roles retain their playing roles at their club"

im afraid this has not been fixed as claimed, I had both Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard playing at Bournemouth and both disappeared when Appointed as coaches despite saying they would remain on playing staff..... 

Just tested this on an updated device and they're not retiring for me. Are you 100% sure you've got the latest update?

Archived