[Suggestion] 2D Match Engine Tactical Overlays

Powermonger

I would like to see the option to create tactical overlays on the 2D match engine screens either during play or the post-match replay, in order to review team shape, player positioning and positional relationships.

I'd like it so we could click select two or more players during a match and then the ME will draw a circle around them and a solid line linking them together, thus as they move the line shows how they move in relationship to each other. This would help us evaluate distance between players, passing triangles and rhombuses, player performance etc.

I would also like have the option to enable a zonal grid on the field to mark out individual zones to see how play is occuring in that zone, or enable a backline marker that follows the backline as they move back and forwards to evaluate their positioning.

I find this would give us better range tools to analyse play as we see the match in front of us. I often see real life game analysis sites use such overlays when reviewing games and it seems like a natural progression to include such options in FM.

6 hours ago, Maaka said:

As long as it's for post match reviews/replays, it would be great, an additional analyzing tool for reviewing your tactics. :thup:

Yes I think it would make better sense to have it only available on post match reviews after thinking on it more. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add onto this, I'd like to see tactical overlay to illustrate the current ball line to better assess players who are active in the current phase of play. I'd also like to see a similar tactical overlay to indicate the line of the last defender and the offside zone. These would further aid post match analysis.

I like it! Don't limit it to just 2D engine either ;) 

Also, even though right now it makes more sense as a post match tool, don't rule out something like this having the potential to become a live-game tool in the future now that we're entering the Augmented Reality era.

9 hours ago, borivoje213 said:

I like it! Don't limit it to just 2D engine either ;) 

Also, even though right now it makes more sense as a post match tool, don't rule out something like this having the potential to become a live-game tool in the future now that we're entering the Augmented Reality era.

2D just makes more sense for now but inclusion in 3D would also be as welcomed :D

The 2D is just like a coaches tactical board so it tends to lend itself more to line analysis. 

• 2 months later...

Archived