Andorran Youth Challenge: FK Santa Coloma

shaunvamos

Is Valerenga Football continuing their run in Europas and what country Valerenga come from?

Valerenga are from Norway.

Not bad result, the fact that your scoring against these sort of teams shows your improving. Soon you'll be giving them a real run for their money.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good youth intakes and finally can make Andorra to the Euros and World Cup! Is Valerenga Football continuing their run in Europas and what country Valerenga come from?

I'm afraid Euro and World Cup is a long way away! As jimmychar said Valerenga are from Norway, and the lost in the next round to Romanian Pandurii.

Valerenga are from Norway.

Not bad result, the fact that your scoring against these sort of teams shows your improving. Soon you'll be giving them a real run for their money.

Yeah thanks mate, it's very encouraging, and it'll keep getting better if we keep getting some quality youth.

2020/21 Season Review

hpjPL2n.png

Fixtures

I was excited for this season after the excellent intake from the previous year which included three highly rated forwards, and they didn't disappoint in their first year in the big leagues. Our front three spearheaded our attack and absolutely dominated the opposing defence, scoring 48 goals while our defence also only let in 10. St Julia did give us a scare but when the league split in two we demonstrated our superiority against our title rivals. We also managed to win the cup, which gives us a memorable double in which 8 goals were scored in the final.

Key Players

Highest Average Rating

Israel Camacho (YP8) - 7.80

What a debut season for the right winger, he was in everything this season, was our top scorer across all forms of the game with 15 and tied first in league goals. Add to that 4 senior international caps already and you would think he will be around for a while!

Top Scorer

Felipe Crespo (YP9) - 12

Same as Camacho really, incredible debut season which was capped off with appearances in the national team.

Young Player of the Year

Nuno Almeida (YP7)

Although the other two also qualify for this award, I couldn't resist showing Almeida off. He waxs probably the best all round player for us this year, with a whopping 8 senior caps and 2 goals! So much to like about this guy.

Andorra in Europe

Sant Julia: Lost 3-1 to Maltese Birkirkara in the CL 1st Qual Rd.

FK Santa Coloma: Lost 6-2 to Norwegian Valerenga in the EL 1st Qual Rd.

Lusitanos: Lost 5-0 to Bulgarian Beroe Stara Zagora in the EL 1st Qual Rd.

UE Santa Coloma: Lost 6-0 to Estonian Kalju in the EL 1st Qual Rd.

The national teams notable results included two draws with Malta, as well as a draw with Latvia, the U21 team drew with Montenegro and the U19s beat Qatar.

With the team we have, we are only going to keep getting better. The aim is to win and win comfortably. A respectable result in the Champions League would be nice too.

3yFK0TI.png

This came very close to being an embarrassment. I think we need to have an earlier preseason to get the maych fitness up because I think that is why we are struggling.

3yFK0TI.png

Last time we played them we lost 12-0. Hopefully this time is different.

0eRpDh9.png

eCp8Quk.png

Very happy with this. We were going okay at home before Oliveira's silly red card, and even then it took another 20 minutes to break the deadlock. Add that to a credible away performance and within a few years we may give the minor teams a chance!

That striker is insane! Bet you're glad he left Lusistans ;)

The Europa League always throws up much harder ties than the CL. Keep winning the league and you'll be just fine :)

I'm glad he has left, but I'm disappointed he isn't Andorran. Him leaving would've been better for his development anyway I think. Yeah I plan to keep winning, as long as we keep these players.

Youth Intake Day

bGpuM15.png

Pretty good intake, and we pick up a CM who will more than likely start in the first team straight away. Centre midfield is probably our weakest area at the moment so he will be a welcome boost.

9ErjOEl.png

Good pace, good passing, and decent mentals as well.

Following this as I love a youth challenge. Looks like you're in for the long run!

Nice to see that you are starting to bring through decent youngsters in the intakes - that gradual climb will come.

Following this as I love a youth challenge. Looks like you're in for the long run!

Nice to see that you are starting to bring through decent youngsters in the intakes - that gradual climb will come.

Thanks for the support mate! Yes, I hope it happens sooner rather than later, but that's wishful thinking.

So, a very interesting to see a Portuguese player signing a contract to an Andorran team. That's very expected! So, Maribor faces FK Santa Coloma again... is Maribor continuing their journey in UEFA Champions League?

He didn't actually sign for them, he came in through the youth intake, for some reason they get Portuguese players. Maribor lost in the next round of qualies and then won the Europa playoff, but then lost all their group games easily.

2021/22 Season Review

0Ji8nL0.png

Fixtures

Excellent season, picking up a treble, and most importantly dominating the league. We absolutely overwhelmed the opposition defence. We weren't as dominant as the season before, but we did more than enough to secure the title. I've decided to shorten our holiday so we can get more matches under our belt to be ready for the Champions League qualifiers.

Key Players

Highest Average Rating

Javier De La Morena - 7.87

Underrated player who was part of the legendary intake two seasons ago, had a hand in a few assists and was also solid at the back. Andorran international at just 18.

Top Scorer

Felipe Crespo (YP9) - 17

Brilliant breakout season.

Young Player of the Year

Israel Camacho (YP8)

Recognised as one of the best players in Andorra at the moment. He was in everything again this year, goals, assists, penalties, dribbles, passes, you name it.

Andorra in Europe

FK Santa Coloma: Lost 5-0 to Slovenian Maribor in the CL 2nd QR.

Sant Julia: Lost 3-0 to Israeli Maccabi Haifa in the EL 1st QR

Lusitanos: Lost 6-0 to Scottish Dundee Utd in the EL 1st QR.

Andorra seems to have Lithuanias number, as the senior team beat them 2-0. Next season I just hope to push on, we shouldn't be too far from a breakthrough.

I appreciate the FK Santa Coloma team for having a good time to get in to the ECL. So, is Sparta Praha made it to the groups or probably not?

Thanks mate, Sparta beat FH of Iceland 4-0 in the next round but then lost to Legia Warsaw 3-2 in the playoff. However they qualified for the Europa League, and are in a group with Valencia, Videoton and Steaua Bucharest.

2022/23 Season Review

4E7cWxg.png

Fixtures

Another year, another couple of titles. When we won, we won big, but we very nearly threw it all away at the end of the season. In fact it was so close that it came down to the final day of the season. With Lusitanos needing a win to clinch the title if we were to lose or draw. We drew, and Lusitanos were 1-0 up at half time. Then an own goal evened the score, and then the other Santa Coloma scored to end the hopes of Lusitanos. Very very lucky. Also we bottled it in the cup with a frustrating 2-0 loss.

Key Players

Highest Average Rating

Israel Camacho (YP8) - 8.19

Wow. What an incredible season from him. Joint top scorer, and just had a hand in everything. I gave him the captaincy this season, and he certainly demonstrated those leadership qualities.

Top Scorer

Felipe Crespo (YP9) - 20

Did his job, was especially good during the Champions League qualifiers.

Young Player of the Year

Artur Pinto (YP12)

Fantastic debut season already with 8 senior caps to his name.

Andorra in Europe

FK Santa Coloma: Lost 9-1 to Czech Sparta Prague in the CL 2nd QR.

Lusitanos: Lost 7-0 to German Werder Bremen in the EL 1st QR.

Sant Julia: Lost 5-0 to Montenegrin Sutjeska in the EL 1st QR.

Nothing to report from the national team either besides both the U21 and U19 managers being sacked.

The paln for next season is the same as always, try and be competitive in the CL qualifiers whilst dominating the domestic front.

What sort of level are you seeing them advance to?

50% of PA?

It's hard to tell because new youth players that are better keep coming in and reducing the PA of the players already in there. Although there are a couple of players who have progressed well in particular our left back Javier de la Morena, who rose from obscurity to player of the year the previous season.

It's hard to tell because new youth players that are better keep coming in and reducing the PA of the players already in there. Although there are a couple of players who have progressed well in particular our left back Javier de la Morena, who rose from obscurity to player of the year the previous season.

What I used to in San Marino, (club), was not only look at the Youth intake in isolation, but also look at each individual position depth-wise on a year on year basis.

Igf you don't want to do a pic for each position, (it's a pain to post even if you just glance at it yourself), but it might be worth doing an overall squad view where you filter the squad by PA and include both the existing squad and the new youth intake al together.

I will see if I can find an example of me doing it. hang on.

This next pic is an example of the whole existing squad being ranked by PA, adding in the Youth intake and still ranking them by PA.

SMR%20Overall%20Mar%202020_zpshcvjkcmt.png

This next pic is an example of just the ML's/AML's in my squad, ranked the same way and including the new youth intake as a comparison.

SMR%20AMLs%20Mar%202020_zpsn8flmrpd.png

I used it to try and work out how we were developing in each position year on year.

You might benefit from something like this, (or you might choose to completely ignore it).

Liking the thread anyway. :thup:

What I used to in San Marino, (club), was not only look at the Youth intake in isolation, but also look at each individual position depth-wise on a year on year basis.

Igf you don't want to do a pic for each position, (it's a pain to post even if you just glance at it yourself), but it might be worth doing an overall squad view where you filter the squad by PA and include both the existing squad and the new youth intake al together.

I will see if I can find an example of me doing it. hang on.

This next pic is an example of the whole existing squad being ranked by PA, adding in the Youth intake and still ranking them by PA.

SMR%20Overall%20Mar%202020_zpshcvjkcmt.png

This next pic is an example of just the ML's/AML's in my squad, ranked the same way and including the new youth intake as a comparison.

SMR%20AMLs%20Mar%202020_zpsn8flmrpd.png

I used it to try and work out how we were developing in each position year on year.

You might benefit from something like this, (or you might choose to completely ignore it).

Liking the thread anyway. :thup:

Hmm, very interesting! I might give it a go actually, I probably wont post it though. But what I do know is that the team has definitely been getting stronger in attack, and slowly starting to build defensively.

Hmm, very interesting! I might give it a go actually, I probably wont post it though. But what I do know is that the team has definitely been getting stronger in attack, and slowly starting to build defensively.

I know what you mean.

It's a bit of an effort to post each position every season when all you want to do is have a quick glance at it yourself.

What I used to do is just pick 1 position each season and discuss that.

Reading your thread and then going back to sift through enquiries and bids and scout reports by the truck-load has me yearning for the simple life of a Youth only save again. :(

I know what you mean.

It's a bit of an effort to post each position every season when all you want to do is have a quick glance at it yourself.

What I used to do is just pick 1 position each season and discuss that.

Reading your thread and then going back to sift through enquiries and bids and scout reports by the truck-load has me yearning for the simple life of a Youth only save again. :(

Do it! ;) Your old ones were superb to read.

Tough draw against Prague, but it won't be long before you start winning some kinder Second Round games.

Do it! ;) Your old ones were superb to read.

Tough draw against Prague, but it won't be long before you start winning some kinder Second Round games.

Yeah I absolutely loved his Gibraltar careers. Yeah, hopefully Sparta doesn't become what Dinamo is to you ;)

Yeah I absolutely loved his Gibraltar careers. Yeah, hopefully Sparta doesn't become what Dinamo is to you ;)

:mad:

I don't think they will, because I think you'll get past this stage soon enough. Your squad is looking pretty strong, so I reckon you could beat some of the lower seeded teams pretty soon and get seeded yourself, meaning you'll avoid Prague :D

SuWw5ME.png

LI5YFeA.png

What an incredible result. In the space of 12 months we have gone from losing 9-1 on aggregate to losing 3-1 and drawing at home. We could have won on away goals if we didn't tire at the end of the first leg. Bring on the season ahead!

:mad:

I don't think they will, because I think you'll get past this stage soon enough. Your squad is looking pretty strong, so I reckon you could beat some of the lower seeded teams pretty soon and get seeded yourself, meaning you'll avoid Prague :D

Thanks for the faith :D hopefully we can hold on to these players a little longer before they start to think they are too good for us.

Then, I thought Sparta Praha were strong, but I think they have made it last season (2022) or this season (2023), based on their ECL/EL stints?

Sparta are strong, which is why I'm happy to get that result. They made it to the Champions League group stage, where they drew a horror group with Lyon, Barcelona and Manchester City and lost every game.

Youth Intake Day

Q4kw1t8.png

Very good intake, we get a CM to complement Pinto (YP12), as well as a good keeper. That I'm less happy about because it means he is pushing a youth prospect out of the way that was already a decent keeper. But that's just the way things go.

VDtDif3.png

Very good stats, I'm loving that 12 tackling, he will probably be used in a defensive role as a CM.

0tCCujW.png

P.S. Sorry for the slight delay in updates, uni has decided to kick my ass lately.

2023/24 Season Review

vkddOlF.png

Fixtures

Absolute domination. We never looked like losing the league, and we had won it with a quarter of the season remaining. We dropped the last two league games due to most of the team being out playing for the national team. It seems like we cant be touched at the moment, hopefully that continues.

Key Players

Highest Average Rating (and Top Scorer)

Israel Camacho (YP8) - 8.34, 31 Goals

This guy can just do it all out on the right wing. Already a club legend at 20 and well on his way to becoming our highest scorer, as well as his country's. He broke so many records this season, and I can't wait to see him develop some more.

Young Player of the Year

Artur Pinto (YP12)

Standout season from him, he was the heart and soul of our midfield.

Andorra in Europe

FK Santa Coloma: Lost 3-1 to Czech Sparta Praha in the CL 2nd QR.

Lusitanos: Lost 7-0 to Irish Dundalk in the EL 1st QR.

Sant Julia: Lost 9-0 to Lechia Gdansk of Poland in the EL 1st QR.

UE Santa Coloma: Lost 6-0 to Hungary's Videoton in the EL 1st QR.

Apparently all facets of the national team like to lose and lose big this season.

Archived