For Lower League Managers FM16

Just wondering how many of you guys are finding playing lower leagues in fm16. I started playing as parma fc in the third division and i lost a game to a 5th division team 1-7 at home (not that i'm new to the game). 3 of the goals just went past my keeper like he didn't exist. I'm finding every game to be a struggle to draw or win by 1 goal.

I have tried a mix of tactics and i'm just frustrated at the moment with what i'm seeing compared to fm15. I'll keep at it but for the moment man o man it's tough.

I'm only on the demo at the minute but started as Harrogate Town as I always do and set up a friendly with Nottingham Forest and managed a 2-2 draw not got onto league games yet but like the layout after only playing fm15 for a month am looking forward to playing FM16.

Was it a friendly or cup game you played?

What I did was start the game unemployed and simed the first season and hoped parma get promoted which they did. So I used the editor to become the new manager. I am half way through the season and was doing ok untill I lost 7 games straight by one goal. Played 1 more game before I go out to friends for a coffee. Game is addictive.

Started as unemployed with all badges and semi pro experience, took a job at ilkeston in the league just below the vanarama north. Things were going well, was second in the league for a while and then suddenly lost 5 games in a row and got sacked, just took a job at gosport who are ironically a tier above ilkeston so the jokes on them. havent had a game with gosport yet but feel i still need alot more practice. One of the problems i had in the previous team was that my assistant kept saying there was too much of a gap between midfield and defence. I tries everything to uding ball winning midfielders to defence minded midfielders but that message kept coming up.

There are many guides on our forums. I found the following "Bust the Net Tactics" in the guides section awesome to read. Helped me tighten the belt to loose goals and reduce the space for the opposition. Great read and a Must for tactics and player roles.

• 2 months later...

Archived