FM16: Nottingham Forest FC - 150 Years & Counting

I am on the verge of being sacked. We can't buy a win and we were 1 up against Sheffield Wednesday only for them to score two late wonder goals to give us another defeat.

Feeling the pressure eh? I've just lost Oliviera injured for 6 weeks :mad: He was banging them in as well.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We drew with Preston and Derby and we're now playing a little better. Currently sitting in 21st place coming towards the end of November. Could seriously do with stringing one or two wins together. Oliveira is now on a dry spell and Walker can't seem to find any form. Ward has been shockingly bad for me so far as has Mendes. Oliver Burke and Osborn along with Motta have been the best players so far.

I nearly got sacked in the my first season too, needed 8 points in 5 games to survive and we had an easy run so we got 10 points.

Budget in second season was fixed at 6m so finally got who I wanted and removed the deadwood:

XAsIqQy.png

In midfield I use Cohen, RLC and Osborn, it seems to work really well. Up front I rotate from Bamford and a regen (bit injury prone it seems) who seems to score every game. On the wings I use Britt and Lansbury. Finally sorted out defence, Mills and Fox were the culprits last season, couldn't keep a clean sheet with them so fixed every position in defence, LB, CB and RB. Also getting Boruc was a huge improvement.

Without a doubt we are the best team in the league, hoping to achieve automatic promotion this season and deep cup runs. (Although I think we need to achieve promotion or we are probably broke financially after my spending)

Decided I'm going to start again and I want my team to play exactly how I want them to. I'm planning on making less players this time.

What sort of reps do you guys start with when you're Forest?

I started with no qualifications and Sunday league footballer, but I prefer that as I like to build up from the beginning. Makes it a bit more difficult!

How are you doing so well Rob? I've tried a similar set up to you and no one performed well enough for a long enough time.

Either way, congratulations. Any ideas on who you will be releasing, buying and possibly selling?

Not had that thought yet.

Does Mendes have an agreed price at the start of the game? That's to be expected tbh. Are you planning to keep him as first choice or looking to replace him? How have Walker, Osborn, Burke, Dimi and Iacovitti developed for you? Got any screenshots after one season? Anyone else who has impressed a little or improved a little?

Does Mendes have an agreed price at the start of the game? That's to be expected tbh. Are you planning to keep him as first choice or looking to replace him? How have Walker, Osborn, Burke, Dimi and Iacovitti developed for you? Got any screenshots after one season? Anyone else who has impressed a little or improved a little?

I'll get some pics up in a bit.

In real life him and Hayes are rated highly aren't they? Aren't most of our youngsters? Does Gomis have random PA as well? Because he improved a little in my save.

Yeah.

Brereton has been scoring a fair few for the 18s this season, and Gomis has the knack of doing the sublime or the ridiculous (like his overhead kick winner)...

started the season with 2-0 defeat to brighton. had 52% possession and 18 shots. dominated the whole 2nd half but wasteful in chances. haiz..

Just like real lifa ha. We've got the worst conversion rate of chances. We've also created the most chances as well. There was a stat before the Derby game which was insanely nuts but I can't remember it.

Has anyone had any luck getting a WP with Dylan Burns? I'm in season three now and he's been on a month to month contract for over a year because New Zealand aren't highly enough ranked for him to get a Work Permit apparently. Two more years until he has English second nationality, but AC Milan and a bunch of other big sides are sniffing around him now & I'll only get £625k compo for him if he goes.

I've not been successful in getting one for him yet. Granted I haven't got far enough the game. I'm not sure whether he'd get one in real life. I'd imagine the club are looking to keep him at the moment so maybe we'll get lucky.

How are you getting on Mayzie? I'm sure I've seen you post that you signed Tielemans?

My pre-season went averagely as we won 6 and lost 3 of our games. The three losses coming against CSKA, Lierse and Newport. The wins coming against lesser teams. The tactic is still being tweaked and we've just lost 3-1 to Brighton. Drawing level on the stroke of half-time it was an even game. At half-time whatever I said didn't work as we collapsed to let them score twice in the last 20 minutes.

With my new formation I've signed two centre halves in Oguchi Onewyu and Khalid Boulahrouz. Whilst Wilson, Fox and Lichaj have departed the club with a number of youngsters going out on loan. We've also seen a number of new arrivals on the staff front but too many to name.

Oh, not sure then. I can't see this save lasting either tbh. Maybe I'm just not cut out to manage Forest. Lost 3-0 to Rotherham, it was 0-0 at half-time. Drew 1-1 with Charlton despite having more of the possession and the better of the chances. Jonny Williams picked up an injury in the Rotherham game which has ruled him out for 9 to 11 months with a cruciate injury so I've terminated his loan. With my tactic I've dropped the AMC into another MC role.

No idea how you've managed that Rob but well done.

What's the deal with the FFP embargo, is it automatically lifted in January if you stay within the wage budget?

Steve,

Its automatically lifted in January.

We had to do a bit of work with the coders to try and get things reflected as accurately as we could, even then, we still found it difficult to replicate properly. The finances are still very tough to manage though. I think I lucked out with my tactical setup more than anything.

Steve,

Its automatically lifted in January.

We had to do a bit of work with the coders to try and get things reflected as accurately as we could, even then, we still found it difficult to replicate properly. The finances are still very tough to manage though. I think I lucked out with my tactical setup more than anything.

It's a big enough headache to understand in the real world without trying to replicate it in a game!

I am just mucking around on the demo at the moment but after 3 games in pre-season I have already picked up another 5 injuries and all for several weeks rather than days. It feels like this year's game is designed to make us all feel more sympathetic towards Dougie.

Archived