The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

8 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Guys, can anyone shed light on the squad registration rules for the Asian Champions League?

I came up to the list submission and could not select more than 4 foreign players (and only 3 non-Asians). I holidayed for a day, and somehow the squad list got submitted with 6 foreign players. Other clubs also seem to be flouting the rules. However my assistant left out my best CB for some reason. I am thoroughly confused about how this works?

The league rules for foreign players for the CSL and K-League allow you to have more foreign players than the Champions League generally including regional Asian players as one of the foreign players allowed. Hong Kong, Taipei, Macau for China and then all East Asian countries for South Korea. 

I'd guess you having 6 foreign players registered is just a bug as 4 was the number I was able to register both with a Chinese team and a South Korean team and as treva mentioned the 4 foreign would be one foreign Asian player and then 3 foreign in general which means you'll likely have one foreign player who'll have to miss out on any Champions League squads

Edited by _JHTB_

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, treva said:

In my save I was only allowed 4 foreign players for the Champions League (one foreign Asian player, three other foreign players) and I think in the CSL it was six (one foreign Asian player again). Always meant two of your foreign players missed out on ACL registration.

4 hours ago, _JHTB_ said:

The league rules for foreign players for the CSL and K-League allow you to have more foreign players than the Champions League generally including regional Asian players as one of the foreign players allowed. Hong Kong, Taipei, Macau for China and then all East Asian countries for South Korea. 

I'd guess you having 6 foreign players registered is just a bug as 4 was the number I was able to register both with a Chinese team and a South Korean team and as treva mentioned the 4 foreign would be one foreign Asian player and then 3 foreign in general which means you'll likely have one foreign player who'll have to miss out on any Champions League squads

Thanks guys. Reason I say it's a bug is that I checked and apparently teams from non playable/ active leagues are able to register more foreign players. Anyway, it is what it is! 

6 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Thanks guys. Reason I say it's a bug is that I checked and apparently teams from non playable/ active leagues are able to register more foreign players. Anyway, it is what it is! 

Yeah, I did just load up mine save to see if similar was happening but doesn't seem to be  but hopefully it shouldn't affect you all too much. Though I do think some nations may allow for dual nationality as I had probably 2 or 3 players who didn't show as South Korean but did have South Korean nationality.

7 minutes ago, _JHTB_ said:

Yeah, I did just load up mine save to see if similar was happening but doesn't seem to be  but hopefully it shouldn't affect you all too much. Though I do think some nations may allow for dual nationality as I had probably 2 or 3 players who didn't show as South Korean but did have South Korean nationality.

Thanks for the input. Interesting to try and figure all this out. I also just realized that the Club World Cup is changing to a 4 yearly format!

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Thanks for the input. Interesting to try and figure all this out. I also just realized that the Club World Cup is changing to a 4 yearly format!

Yep, and you have to make sure that you're in charge of a (European) club that's invited to the party. 

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

Yep, and you have to make sure that you're in charge of a (European) club that's invited to the party. 

Well I am in 2025 and in charge of SIPG who I think should qualify having won the Asian CL in 2022 before I got there. For the 2029 edition I'll have to make sure I'm in Europe by then! 

OK so this is confirmed as a bug - apparently in the Asian Champions League the registration rules only apply to my team. Just played a Melbourne side with SEVEN foreign players against my three (of which two were injured) and got absolutely thrashed. I checked all their dual nationalities too.

This seems like a huge bug!! How did everyone else deal with it? I guess it will make winning the AFC a lot harder with a Chinese side since the local players are mostly rubbish.

Vikeologist's Mexico 2038 World Cup Report

Image result for Mexico Soccer Logo

No point doing a full World Cup Report for my Mexico endeavour. I’ve already won the competition, and it’s not going to happen with Mexico.

However, there’s still stakes involved. I needed to get to the 3rd round to be sure of holding on to my job. The problem with being ranked 10th in the world, when we are in fact pretty useless.

Reading a block of text is pretty boring so, what the hell.

Group Stage

Mexico          2-2               Ukraine

Mexico          5-0               Mali

After throwing away a 2 goal lead in the first match, we had to make sure we put a few goals against Mali. Finishing 2nd would probably mean facing England in the next round. Finishing top would mean Morocco, so we had to hope Ukraine wouldn’t win the final match of the group by 6 goals.

As it happened they lost by 3 goals and crashed out.

So, Morocco next, and I have to admit, we have winnable matches all the way up to a potential semi-final.

2nd Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Mexico          2-0               Morocco      

We scored our second goal in extra time, but it was very one-sided.

Anyway, most importantly, job safe.

Next up Ecuador.

3rd Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Mexico          2-0               Ecuador

Next up is maybe our first tough match; Croatia. I told you I had an easy draw.

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Mexico          0-1               Croatia

A game with few chances was decided by a Croatia goal via a set piece, (and by a late set piece equaliser by us being fractionally offside), but I have no complaints, We were second best.

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

N/A

3rd Place Playoff / Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

N/A

After The Tournament

Spoiler

I’ve added the Mexican league, which will help with squad depth. There were very few Mexican players to choose from before. Now I just need to plug on for another 3 years until the next Gold Cup, and hope I don’t get sacked in the meantime.

My next Mexico team will probably look quite different.

17 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

OK so this is confirmed as a bug - apparently in the Asian Champions League the registration rules only apply to my team. Just played a Melbourne side with SEVEN foreign players against my three (of which two were injured) and got absolutely thrashed. I checked all their dual nationalities too.

This seems like a huge bug!! How did everyone else deal with it? I guess it will make winning the AFC a lot harder with a Chinese side since the local players are mostly rubbish.

It wasn't a bug for me so I can't really give you any tips as to how I dealt with it, what I will say though is you tend to be able to get a much higher quality foreign player than the Australian teams when in China which may help, and if you're with one of the big teams in China you get so much money to sign all the best Chinese players (at a hefty premium). I will say though, winning the Champions League was much less stressful for me with a South Korean side.

Vikeologist's Atlético Mineiro  2038 Season Report

Image result for Atlético Mineiro.

20200827124424_1.thumb.jpg.a5f7ea3b00aa201ef654273f4e8a3fc4.jpg

We retained the league and won the Brazilian Cup, (the State Championship, the Supercup), but most importantly we won the Libertadores.

It’s so stressful to have your entire season come down to one match, and had we lost it wouldn’t have been as simple as just going through one more season. I spent this season keeping the band together, including with big pay rises, but if we hadn’t won, I’d probably have had to let some of my top players go, and European clubs are real skinflints with their proposed transfer fees.

Anyway, the Lib final. We dominated, but were only 1-0 up. In the second minute of stoppage time, Flamengo had their first shot on goal, a hit and hope which went in.

So to extra time, where to my huge relief we won 2-1.

The Milan job became available immediately after the Lib, but I didn’t apply for it. No harm waiting for the right position, not getting offered the right positions and then  going for the wrong positions. I am tempted. I just need to be strong.

So, if I don’t take a job in the next 6 or so months, next up will be my 2nd attempt at the Gold Cup with Mexico.

20200827124451_1.thumb.jpg.2a77d441b3aa59d0af5f6fce6f623508.jpg

Top Goalscorer – Luciano Donizeti - 44

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Josimar Lana – 8.02

Man of The Match – Juan Jiménez - 9

Most Valuable Player– Ley

A central defender. Actually, he’s more naturally a left back, but I had a surplus of them. Along with Mederos, last year’s MVP, our best player, but Ley played a lot more matches and performed better.

Domestic
Season	Team		Division		Position	MVP				Notes										
20/21	Folkestone	England VNL South	4th		Alfie Matthews 	(SC) 		Lost in playoff S/F
21/22	Folkestone	England VNL South	1st		Jobi McAnuff	(MR)		FA Cup R4, won league by a country mile.
22/23	Folkestone	England VNL Conference	1st		Dion Rankine	(MR)		FA Cup R4 again, back to back promotions to the Football League
23/24	Folkestone	England League 2	4th and lost in playoff final without me 	Left after 21 matches with Folkestone in 2nd and on course for 3rd promotion in a row.
23/24	Everton		Premier League		11th		Alexander Nübel	(GK)		Took over after 16 matches. Won Carabao Cup.
24/25	Everton		Premier League		7th		Christopher McKay (MR)		Won Carabao Cup (again) and Europa League, thus qualifying for Champions League.
25/26	Everton		Premier League		3rd		Christopher McKay (MR)		Carabao Cup Threepeat, Lost in CL Final.
26/27	Everton		Premier League		1st		Moise Kean (SC)			League / FA Cup Double.	
27/28	Everton		Premier League		2nd		Christopher McKay (MR)		Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup Treble	
28/29	Everton		Premier League		1st		Christopher McKay (MR)		League, FA Cup, Champions League, Club World Championship	
30/31	Dortmund	Bundesliga		2nd		Juan Manuel Jiménez (MR)	Won Europa League. Whoopy Do.
31/32	Dortmund	Bundesliga		1st		Aarón Fernández (SC)		League / Cup double
32/33	Valencia	Primera Liga		6th		Sergio Goñi (SC)		Took over after 16 matches. Qualified for Euro II.
33/34	Valencia	Primera Liga		2nd		Carlos Gimeno (ML)		Won Euro Cup II
34/35	Valencia	Primera Liga		2nd		Nathan (SC)			Once again, a distant second best to Real Madrid.
35/36	Valencia	Primera Liga		2nd		Nathan (SC)			Spanish Cup and Champions League
36/37	Valencia	Primara Liga		1st		Nathan (SC)			League, Champions League
2037	Atl Mineiro	Brazilian 1st		1st		Leandro Mederos (MC)		Took over after 17 matches in 8th. Won league. CL S/F
2038	Atl Mineiro	Brazilian 1st		1st		Ley (DC)			League, Libertadores and the pursuit of happiness. Sorry, I mean the Brazilian Cup.

International
Year	Team				Achievements
23	Indonesia U23			Topped U23 Asian Nations Cup Qualifying.Quit shortly afterwards.
24-26	Uruguay				World Cup S/F
26-28	France				Knocked out in Euros Q/F
28-32	Argentina			World Cup		Matías Gayoso (GK)
					Copa America		Matías Gayoso (GK)
32-34	Spain				European League		Ansu Fati (SC)
					Knocked out in '34 WC R3 by eventual winners Germany
34-36	France (Again)			European League		Manuel Jourdan (SC)
					Lost Euro '36 S/F to eventual winners Germany
36-	Mexico				Lost in Gold Cup final.
					World Cup Quarterfinalists

Challenge Progress 13/32

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues 		(England, Germany, Spain, Brazil)			
 4/10 domestic cups 			(England, Germany, Spain, Brazil)						
 2/5 club continental championships	(Europe, S America)	 	
 1/1 club world championship

International
 1/5 continental tournaments 		(S America)		
 1/1 World Cup		

Vikeologist's 2039 Gold Cup Report

Image result for Mexico Soccer Logo

Ok. Let’s not **** this up this time.

I should note that not only did we lose to Costa Rica in the final 2 years ago, but last year I arranged a friendly with them, and we lost that as well.

With the Mexican league loaded, my pool of players is slightly improved, and although we only beat inferior teams on the way to the World Cup Quarterfinal last year, that’s all we have to do here.

Group Stage

Spoiler

Mexico          10-1             Martinique

Mexico          2-0               Panama

Mexico          3-2               Honduras

Not a very convincing group stage.

Spoiler

Mexico          5-1               Canada

It was 1-1 when Canada had a player sent off near the end of the first half.

Spoiler

Mexico          1-0     El Salvador

49 shots. 1 goal. Says it all really.

USA beat Costa Rica in the other semi, so we’ve been denied the chance for revenge. Hopefully we will win and I can escape the hell of managing this team.

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Mexico          5-0     USA

Thank goodness for that. I might have fund a precedent of somebody else failing to win the Gold Cup with Mexico, but I suspect nobody’s done that twice.

After The Tournament

Spoiler

I’m glad to be shot of Mexico. Of course, I may end up managing some of these clowns again when managing in Mexico. However, I’m going to be able to put that off a season or two.

One bright spot was my competition MVP, central midfielder Juan Pablo Díaz

During the tournament I took the Marseille job. I’d like just once to have the easy option of PSG in this challenge, but I’ll just have to take OM to the top. It might take a few seasons. They only finished 10th last season.

Domestic
20/21	Folkestone	England VNL South	4th		Alfie Matthews 	(SC) 		Lost in playoff S/F
21/22	Folkestone	England VNL South	1st		Jobi McAnuff	(MR)		FA Cup R4, won league by a country mile.
22/23	Folkestone	England VNL Conference	1st		Dion Rankine	(MR)		FA Cup R4 again, back to back promotions to the Football League
23/24	Folkestone	England League 2	4th and lost in playoff final without me 	Left after 21 matches with Folkestone in 2nd and on course for 3rd promotion in a row.
23/24	Everton		Premier League		11th		Alexander Nübel	(GK)		Took over after 16 matches. Won Carabao Cup.
24/25	Everton		Premier League		7th		Christopher McKay (MR)		Won Carabao Cup (again) and Europa League, thus qualifying for Champions League.
25/26	Everton		Premier League		3rd		Christopher McKay (MR)		Carabao Cup Threepeat, Lost in CL Final.
27/28	Everton		Premier League		2nd		Christopher McKay (MR)		Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup Treble	
28/29	Everton		Premier League		1st		Christopher McKay (MR)		League, FA Cup, Champions League, Club World Championship	
30/31	Dortmund	Bundesliga		2nd		Juan Manuel Jiménez (MR)	Won Europa League. Whoopy Do.
32/33	Valencia	Primera Liga		6th		Sergio Goñi (SC)		Took over after 16 matches. Qualified for Euro II.
34/35	Valencia	Primera Liga		2nd		Nathan (SC)			Once again, a distant second best to Real Madrid.
35/36	Valencia	Primera Liga		2nd		Nathan (SC)			Spanish Cup and Champions League
2037	Atl Mineiro	Brazilian 1st		1st		Leandro Mederos (MC)		Took over after 17 matches in 8th. Won league. CL S/F
2038	Atl Mineiro	Brazilian 1st		1st		Ley (DC)			League, Libertadores and the pursuit of happiness. Sorry, I mean the Brazilian Cup.
39/40	OM		French 1st		

International
23	Indonesia U23			Topped U23 Asian Nations Cup Qualifying.Quit shortly afterwards.
36-39	Mexico				Lost in Gold Cup final.
					Won Gold Cup 		Juan Pablo Diaz (MC)

Challenge Progress 14/32

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues 		(England, Germany, Spain, Brazil)			

International
 2/5 continental tournaments 		(S America, N America)		
 1/1 World Cup		

1 hour ago, _JHTB_ said:

@vikeologist At least the final wasn't a nervy game though I imagine the semi-final to be a frustrating match to play for a international cup.

If I trusted my scout's reports, one of my first signings with OM would be a Mexican striker, but he didn't score 1 goal in the Gold Cup, despite getting 3 starts, including 45 minutes against Martinique. I have to trust my eyes, and the spider webs in the oppositions' nets.

To be fair he didn't play in the semi final, and my choice of strikers for the squad almost cost me dear.

67246.png.ad19fcd8ed9d220446fb4b8cd02f7d43.png

Season 2021/22 Review - TS Sporting

After last season's 3rd place I looked to strengthen the side but our finances meant it was mainly frees, as a result we finished in the same position but on less points, we did however sell our star right back to Orlando Pirates for 750K which while a blow to us did clear our debt and able us to bring in players in Jan. Defensively we were 2nd best in the league our real issues were scoring goals, we dominated pretty much every game but were unable ti kill teams off. Due to the league moving up in the rankings a 3rd place finish this season gives us Champions League football next season though which will be very helpful for both finances and our recruitment.

In the cups we actually did alright this season. Got the the semi finals of both the MTN8 and the Telkom Cup where Orlando Pirates beat us. In the Nedbank Cup we made it to the quarter finals where Kaizer Chiefs beat us which just confirms us as the best of the rest currently. In the Confederations Cup we did really well, I actually targeted this even though it doesn't count for the challenge, I wanted to win it as a way of boosting my own rep. We strolled through to the semi finals really and even the first leg of that we won 5-0 leaving me very confident, 2nd leg we were 2-0 down from their first 2 shots after about 15 minutes and I was worried, we steadied and got a 2-2 draw. In the final we played league rivals SuperSport. It was a nervy game that ended 1-1 after extra times where my keeper stood up and saved 2 pens for us to win.

nigeria.png.aae1835a37b8160e8a140de2185cf202.png

Nigeria 2022 Review

Not a massive update here, we managed to qualify for the World Cup later this year (and I'll do a report for that at the time) but we have a really tough group. All 3 other sides are in the top 24 of the world and we're mid 50's. The board want 2nd round though so I might not be around for the ACON next summer.

Career Progress

Season		Team			Nation			Position	Notes
2019/20		TS Sporting		RSA			2nd 		Promotion via Playoffs
2020/21		TS Sporting		RSA			3rd 	
2021/22		TS Sporting		RSA			3rd		First coaching badge

International

International
Year	Country		World Ranking		Notes
2021	Nigeria		53rd 
2022	Nigeria		55th 			Qualified for World Cup
Challenge Progress
Club
0/10 top domestic leagues (Insert nations)
0/10 domestic cups ()
0/5 club continental championships ()
0/1 club world championship

International
0/5 continental tournaments ()
0/1 world tournaments ()

CAREER PROGRESS

1234969571_CareerProgress.thumb.png.496162295b4c41fecf331a131cb52c72.png

CAREER STATS

282569376_CareerStats.thumb.png.a8f0ce053eda7c918a7ec1b86764d536.png

I left Club America after failing to win the opening or closing stage and failed in the Quarter Final of the cup. I've been struggling with this save recently but I'm determined to complete it. I think moving forward I'm going to add/remove a few leagues to freshen it up a little. I still need International Trophies in most continents barring North America so I will rid of those leagues completely.

I'm now in July 2042 and have just taken over France after their failings in the World Cup so hopefully that will keep me focused while I adjust my save to where I can get back to enjoying it again.

Edited by Crowy

On 31/08/2020 at 11:58, MShing said:

Just reading through this thread while not playing my save.

Congrats @vikeologist for getting over 100 pages 😁👍🏼

I think it might be time to start a new thread if and when the new version comes out.

I keep waiting for something in the game to change that would change the challenge (the Club World Championship / Confed Cup) did that a bit.

But I am impressed that you have been reading enough of the thread to find that post.

9 hours ago, vikeologist said:

I think it might be time to start a new thread if and when the new version comes out.

I keep waiting for something in the game to change that would change the challenge (the Club World Championship / Confed Cup) did that a bit.

But I am impressed that you have been reading enough of the thread to find that post.

I tend to read a few pages when I have a bit of free time when I cant get onto fm. A 4 hour drive for a family holiday gave me plenty of time to read more than a few pages. 😂

I like to keep an eye on this thread as I am doing this challenge myself so it keeps my interest in my save when reading about everyone's progress.

I dont get much time to play nowadays or I would have liked to post my progress on here, but I'd end up spending more time posting than I would playing 😂

Keep up the good work everyone 👍🏼

nigeria.png.aae1835a37b8160e8a140de2185cf202.png

Nigeria World Cup 2022 review

After smashing our way through qualification and also through the ACON qualifiers I had some hope we would be able to sneak through the group stage and that was my target.

Group Stage

Nigeria 0-1 Czech Republic
Portugal 1-0 Nigeria
Colombia 3-1 Nigeria

Well didn't make it out the group, late goals in the first 2 games knocked us out and we fell apart against Colombia. As a result I was fired and won't get a shot at the ACON.

Hello folks, an update from me as I have gone through a couple of jobs since the last one :D

So after leaving Celtic I had taken over at SIPG, we managed to climb up the table and finish in 2nd place thereby qualifying for the Asian CL. The following season (2025) was frustrating in parts and amazing in parts, fortunately more of the latter as we eventually managed to fulfill our objectives of winning the treble! The Chinese Super League, Chinese FA Cup and Asian Champions League.

Managing in China was fun but not as much fun as I thought it would be with all the registration issues. I only had the Chinese league loaded in Asia, so perhaps that contributed to it. However once we got past Melbourne (who thrashed us 5-0 in the group stage), the Asian CL turned out to be surprisingly easy.

Key players at SIPG were the Argentinian duo of Matias Vargas and Matias Zaracho who were already there. I brought in English duo Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Nathan Wood. DCL I thought would just dominate in Asia and while he scored a bunch he was also very wasteful at times, in fact outscored by a Chinese new-gen striker who was already at the club. Little tip for anyone else who ends up in China, I didn't realize Tyias Browning has Chinese dual nationality. Picked him up for 5 million and he was a very useful squad player as well.

As soon as the treble was won, I handed in my papers at SIPG and looked towards the next chapter. I was about to take over at Leeds when a very interesting job became available at a club I have always wanted to manage but never quite gotten around to it. You can see which one it is from the next screenshot, which also provides a nice summary of the career till date. This is the first time I have gotten to 300 games on FM! A proud moment :lol:

14900519_300games.thumb.jpg.11b0cefd9c9e002f1a6d56605de82ebc.jpg

The job history so far:

150540059_jobhistory.thumb.jpg.c94c4d8b428e7194403ed5298f172b8e.jpg

On the International front, I happily managed to knock off the AFCON with Nigeria in 2025.

AFCON.thumb.jpg.a4147767034566652ef5171441c3e9dd.jpg

We got a bit lucky as Ivory Coast was the only half-decent team we actually had to play en route to the final. After this, the Mexico job became available as they bombed at the Gold Cup but for some reason they turned me down. However not too fussed as I would love a go at the World Cup with this Nigerian side. The front 3 is really exciting with Chukwueze, Iwobi and a new-gen striker Adeniyi who I am now trying to get to OM as well (screen-shot below).

Spoiler

20200902120156_1.thumb.jpg.b6578062c2791e65d05ff351a7f5437b.jpg

And so finally, here is the season by season summary so far. 

career.thumb.png.b32bfbd181212f3b324ed547693ba5e2.png

Currently with Marseille we have a French Cup final to look forward to (although it is against PSG) and in the running for the UEFA Conference League as well.

PSG as expected have won the French league every single season since the game started, they have an all-star team with the likes of Havertz, Foden, Fati, and some amazing new-gens. So taking them down is sure not going to be easy but here is hoping we can make it happen!

Guys I am not sure if this format for updates is working well, do let me know if anyone has any feedback! Thanks for reading.

Vikeologist's 2039/40 Olympique Marseille Report

image.jpeg.68e1199f1337a44dc49eb2ebea89e252.jpeg

Hakuna Batata

20200904105352_1.thumb.jpg.79d0fb4dc20620525043ed9459795142.jpg

I expected this to take at least 2 seasons, and probably a lot more, to overhaul PSG.

The squad I inherited wasn’t great, and very small once I sold the players I had no use for. We had little money not being in Europe, and PSG had won the league the last 22 seasons.

However we got off to a good start, winning out first 10 league games, followed by a draw with PSG.

We slowly built up a 9 point lead before a crunch match with PSG with 10 matches to go. We were 5-0 up by half time, and that was effectively the league in the bag.

I thought we were going to have an unbeaten season until the small size of our squad caught up with us with three matches to go.

I haven’t had an unbeaten league campaign in years,

20200904105525_1.thumb.jpg.2da1917cabfa9b360d2850c9c0837b28.jpg

Top Goalscorer – Batata – 22

Only finished with a couple more goals than the striker I signed half way through the season, but, largely because he takes corners, also had 19 assists.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Komlan Avor – 7.74

This is the aforementioned purchased striker.

Man of The Match – Komlan Avor - 6

Most Valuable Player– Batata

Partly because of the goal / assists combo, but mostly for the by-line at the top.

No international job at the moment. I applied for the vacant China job midway through the season. I wasn't sure about the three year wait for the next Asian Cup, but I wasn't offered it anyway.

No doubt there'll be jobs available after this summer's Euros, but then I'll have to stay (and survive) for 4 years waiting for the next Euro.

I’m going to leave OM rather than spending another year in the hope of winning the cup. 

I applied for the jobs at Roma and Juventus in Italy. I have my sight set on Juve. I quit my OM job because I was a bit worried about the 2 years left on my contract and making them pay compensation. Also allowed me to remove the French league.

Both clubs offered me the job, so I better have a proper look and check that Juve is the one to take.

Well, the Juve squad looks fine, and they're offering me a transfer fund of £65 million as opposed to Roma's 550k, so...

Juventus it is.

Domestic
39/40	OM		French 1st		1st		Batata (SC)			League. Knocked out of Frech Cup on penalties. 

International

Challenge Progress 15/32

Club
 5/10 top domestic leagues 		(England, Germany, Spain, Brazil, France)			

International
 1/1 World Cup		

67246.png.ad19fcd8ed9d220446fb4b8cd02f7d43.png

TS Sporting Season 2022/23 Review

After 2 straight 3rd place finishes this was the season I wanted us to take a step up, and we did, kinda. Over the summer I was on the lookout for a striker but didn't find one that was willing to join so used my funds to strengthen the rest of the side while also selling some players. As a result we actually started the season, league wise anyway, rather slowly. Lots of new faces plus needing to play games in the CAF super cup as well as early round of the champions league and the MTN8 cup (which we were poor in) meant we struggled a bit with rotation. The World Cup was another added quirk in the season as we played 10 league games before the 2 month break, after the break we progressed in the Telkom Cup winning it in a crazy final where we were 2-0 up before being 3-2 down then winning 4-3. We found form in the league and once again finished 3rd. We also were knocked out of the Nedbank cup at the first hurdle. The real fun was in the Champions League where we got through to the group stage with ease. There we really stepped up and won the group and had a comfortable quarter final before a semi final with Kaizer Chiefs, we actually have a good record against them and that was shown as we won the home leg 3-0. A nervy 1-0 defeat away meant a final against Orlando Pirates. We struggle with them but the 3 games this season (2 league and 1 CAF Super Cup) all ended in draws so I was hopeful. A very nervy game was settled just after the hour mark where sub Abrahams cut inside and smashed won into the top corner to give us our first ever Champions League

Career Progress

Season		Team			Nation			Position	Notes
2019/20		TS Sporting		RSA			2nd 		Promotion via Playoffs
2020/21		TS Sporting		RSA			3rd 	
2021/22		TS Sporting		RSA			3rd		First coaching badge	
2022/23		TS Sporting		RSA			3rd 		Cup winners, Champions League winners, 2 coaching badges		
International
Year	Country		World Ranking		Notes
2021	Nigeria		53rd 
2022	Nigeria		55th 			Qualified for World Cup, Sacked after the world cup
Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues ()
1/10 domestic cups (2022, South Africa – TS Sporting)
1/5 club continental championships (2023, Africa – TS Sporting)

International
0/5 continental tournaments ()
0/1 world tournaments ()

What's next? Gonna stick around and try and win the league but with the champions league won I will be on the lookout for a new role. ACON this summer too so maybe a new international job after that as well.

I was offered the France job for a third time after the Euros, but I have to look 4 years ahead to the next Euros, and their competition squad had 21 players 30 or over out of 23 players. I think 1 of the others was 28 or 29. I'm sure they have some good young players, but I waited a while and the Holland job became available. They'd just won the Euros, and their squad is much younger.

Might still be a mistake taking the job, when I could probably have just waited until the World Cup in 2 years, but it's done now.

Vikeologist's 2040/41 Juventus Report

image.jpeg.87cac1e0400da8cf012e9bac8137076d.jpeg

Gold Dustin

It was clear early on that we’d win the league,

20200912103404_1.thumb.jpg.b59c61fe709e7dc599cdc1f5e4d6a18f.jpg

so the important thing was the cup.

Having failed to win a cup in France last season, I was a cup behind. To echo Oscar Wilde, to be a cup behind in this challenge is unfortunate. To be two behind would look like carelessness.

The Italian Cup final was a nightmare. Two of my best penalty takers picked up injuries, and I subbed on better players than penalty takers.

We went ahead in extra time, but they equalised with the last kick of regular time.

In extra time we had a man sent off, and I could only bring on one good penalty taker.

Thankfully we won the penalty shootout, and I had the precious cup to accompany my 5th league title in a row.

20200912103420_1.thumb.jpg.e181ff733380459f8c622fe174ebb6a9.jpg

Top Goalscorer – 9. Dustin Abeßer – 34

Finished 1 goal ahead of my other striker who was injured for the end of the season. However Dustin is a far better all round player who contributed a lot of assists.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Dustin Abeßer – 7.84

Man of The Match – Dustin Abeßer – 11

Most Valuable Player– Dustin Abeßer

What’s next? I’ve had Mexico loaded for a while, and I’ve added the China, S Korea and soon (largely because I’m managing the national team) Holland top divisions.

UPDATE: 

A few postscripts to the season

I won the Nations League again, this time with my new team Holland. We were 2-0 down until very late. I switched to an all-out 343 and we pulled back 2 late goals. Portugal had a player sent off with a straight red in extra time, and we pulled out a winner. Nice to win the Nations League again, but at some point I need to win the Euros once.

I planned to quit Juve quite quickly so I could drop the Italian league, but I realised that we were in the Club World Cup. It’s quite hard to even be in charge for the competition, but I think this will be my 3rd, and I won it first time out so I can have a relatively stress-free experience.

In the end it was academic. In a tough group we beat Bayern, but lost to Brazilian Internacional.

Had I needed to win the CWC it would have driven me crazy. I had only a skeleton squad thanks to international callups.

But as it was, who cares. I can quit the club and drop the Italian league as originally planned. Just a rather inauspicious end to my time at the club.

Domestic
39/40	OM		French 1st		1st		Batata (SC)			League. Knocked out of Frech Cup on penalties. 
40/41	Juventus	Serie A			1st		Dustin Abeßer (SC)		League / Cup double.

International
40-	Holland

Challenge Progress 17/32

Club
 6/10 top domestic leagues 		(England, Germany, Spain, Brazil, France, Italy)			
 5/10 domestic cups 			(England, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Italy)						

International
 1/1 World Cup	

Edited by vikeologist

Vikeologist's 2042 Holland World Cup Report

Image result for Holland Football Logo

Despite having the Mexican, Dutch, Chinese and Korean top divisions added now, no tasty job has come up in the last year, so it’s Don’t Get Sacked At The World Cup So You Can Try To Win The Euros In Two Years Time Time.

That entails making it to the semi-finals probably, although coming up slightly short of that should be forgivable given my Nations League success. Can’t bank on that though.

Group Stage

Holland         9-0               Panama

Holland         3-1               Ghana

In the Ghana match we went a goal down, missed a penalty, equalised, received a straight red and then scored twice.

We have a bit of a tough next round against my old nation Mexico. It actually would have been a lot better for us draw wise if we’d lost to Ghana.

Spoiler

Holland         4-1               Mexico

Now is where it gets tough though. Next up is World #2 Brazil who haven’t conceded a goal in the tournament yet. The loser presumably gets sacked, so no pressure.

The losing manager won’t be on their own though. Argentina and Germany went out at the hands of France and Italy in a particularly tough second round draw.

3rd Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Holland         0-3               Brazil

In what I regarded as practically being a final, it was a close match until 1-0 down late on,  I took 1 central defender off to chase the game, and then our other central defender got himself sent off for the second time in the tournament.

Unlucky with the draw, but it won’t make any difference. I’ll be sacked

Spoiler

N/A

Spoiler

N/A

Spoiler

N/A

After The Tournament

Spoiler

I was indeed sacked. The concern is that I’ll run out of European nations to manage that can win the tournament. England will never offer me the job, and I didn’t make Germany manageable at the start. Hopefully France will give me another chance at some point.

Spain and England once again spurned my advances, which left me with a choice of Italy, Belgium (who I didn’t even apply for), Senegal, Nigeria and South Korea.

The choice seems fairly obvious; South Korea with the Asian Cup next year, but I’m going to sleep on it.

Vikeologist's 2042 South Korea Asian Cup Report

Image result for south korea logo

I'm not looking for a serious relationship or anything—just a bit of Wookie.

Still no club job.

Pressure on here. This is my best chance at the Asian Cup, and I probably only get one shot at it.

Group Stage

South Korea            6-0     Indonesia

South Korea            1-0     Saudi Arabia

South Korea            4-0     North Korea

My first competitive matches. Even though we dominated the Saudis, the margin of victory was not reassuring.

Iran, the second ranked Asian nation, crashed out finishing bottom of their group, and the next two, China and japan are in the other half of the draw. Not that it should matter, but our draw is as easy as one could hope for. Syria next.

Spoiler

South Korea           4-0     Syria

3 goals in the last 15 minutes made this seem a lot more comfortable than it was. Philippines in the next round.

Spoiler

South Korea           5-0     Philippines

Spoiler

South Korea            1-0     Australia

An even game, so glad to get the win. However we’ll need to play better if we’re to beat Japan in the final.

Spoiler

South Korea            3-1     Japan

If you’re only going to play well once, it might as well be in the final. A couple of early goals meant that Japan had to go on the attack.

After The Tournament

Spoiler

What a relief. The Asian Cup is a potential pitfall, because there’s not that many nations likely to win it, and in the past I’ve only been given one shot by S Korea, China and Australia.

My MVP is left winger Wookie, who didn’t start in 3 of the first 4 matches, but scored the vital opening 2 goals in the final along with having our team’s best average rating of the competition and was also our top scorer, which sort of highlights what the problem with our team was; the strikers.

The annoying thing is that the African Nations finished a week earlier than the Asian Cup, and I didn’t spot the one resulting job vacancy at, I think, Ghana.

Anyway, what I really need now is a job vacancy at a club in the Asian, African or N American Champions League.

Domestic

International
34-36	France (Again)			Nations League		Manuel Jourdan (SC)
40-42	Holland				Nations League		Stefan van Roon (SC)
					World Cup 3rd Round
42-43	South Korea			Asian Cup		Wookie (ML)

Challenge Progress 18/32

Club

International
 3/5 continental tournaments 		(S America, N America, Asia)		
 1/1 World Cup		

936c3bfbcee8016803.png

Racing Club

2042/43

Club Overview ~ Finances ~ League Table ~ Squad

This was a job that interested me highly, I was going to wait til leagues were removed/added at the end of the season and focus on France but Racing Club in the last 10 years have been on a massive decline since winning the league and the Copa Libertadores in 2032, they are starting to climb the ladder again and thought it would be an excellent project. I've signed a 4 year deal and I'm not leaving here until I win the league as well as the cup... Or I'm sacked. I've not made any progress the last few weeks but I have a few weeks to myself now to really try and take a bigger chunk out of this challenge.

Vikeologist's 2043 Shanghai SIPG Report

Image result for Sipg Logo

The Life of Bian

After nearly 2 years without a suitable club job to apply for, 3 came along at once, in South Korea, China and South Africa, all clubs in the Champions League. Then in the months after, even better jobs became available, though in the case of Evergrande, we sort of facilitated that vacancy by overturning a 2-1 Champions League deficit in my first competitive match.

I took over SIPG after 13 matches in 7th place, 9 points off the lead and 2 points from Champions League qualification.

We were the best team from that point, and secured 2nd place but still finished 6 points behind Evergrande. If I hadn’t beaten them in the Champions League, they wouldn’t have sacked their manager, and we might have won the league.

20200923094337_1.thumb.jpg.9af4cbe212e6c015b4406ed3abeb76e1.jpg

We made it to the semi of the Champions League.

Despite having the biggest transfer kitty of my career, there’s basically no good Chinese players who want to join and whose clubs are asking reasonable fees.

Hopefully we can win the domestic league and cup next season, but Evergrande under their new manager do look good.

20200923095659_1.thumb.jpg.aebe06c8388c3abfc05c8a5bab7e4c55.jpg

Top Goalscorer – Anderson Omar – 15

Omar is a central midfielder, so those goals came in 41 starts

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Bian Qing – 7.47.

My only signing after taking over, I picked up this young domestic striker for a bargain 925k because of a relegation release clause, I think. He scored 14 goals in 19 starts, but he had a terrible game in the second leg of the ACL semi which probably cost us the tie, and indeed the competition. He’s only 19, so I can’t be sure that he folds in big matches, but it seems a real possibility.

Man of The Match – Yang Wenxin – 5

A striker I have to use as my right winger. He’s not important.

Most Valuable Player– Anderson Omar

He’s my best player, although I can’t think of any puns to put at the top of the report, so I’ll have to use Bian’s name.

Internationally, there’s been nothing available, and with just Africa and Europe to go, there probably won’t be anything suitable for a while.

Domestic
2043	SIPG		Chinese Prem		2nd		Anderson Omar (MC)		Took over after 13 matches. ACL S/F

International
					World Cup 3rd Round

Challenge Progress 18/32

Club

International
 1/1 World Cup		

1 hour ago, _JHTB_ said:

Always be the case in China, bang average players and you have to spend so much to get them

My board are being very fussy as well.

Like they didn't want me to sign a player from a (korean) rival. I'm like, you'd prefer for our rival to have the player?

Then our domestic rival, Evergrande, wanted 80 mill for a player. It was too much, but I have about 300 mill to spend, so I bid 60. My board said, no, he's not worth that much. No ****!

Anyway, we've come smack up against FFP regulations, so I can't spend but a fraction of that transfer pot anyway.

Edited by vikeologist

936c3bfbcee8016803.png

Racing Club

2042/43

Manager Profile: Crowy - 2043

Key Players: Daniel Andrade ~ Emanuel Fazio ~ German Coria ~ Hugo Maygua ~ Sergio Vazquez

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

Club Competitions

(click to View)

1758926703_RacingClubdeAvellaneda_Competitions.thumb.png.944d76622326728ad5148fc0d99d1e72.png

Results: Primera Division I | Primera Division II

The league form from when I took over was excellent getting from 17th after 13 games to 2nd is one of my best turn arounds in FM, it could of been so different though, I was 3 points clear at the top of the league with 3 games to go where I got my first crash dumps on FM in years. It dropped me back 4 games. sadly I lost a game that I won previously and we ended up 2nd such is life. When I took over at Racing Club, I felt the squad were performing way under par it's actually a good youthful team. I got rid of some of the big wages and made a few signings in January which just made us that bit more solid. Sadly it wasn't meant to be this year. I think we were already out of the cup when I took over, Argentina must have a weird format where they start it the season before to get through the earlier rounds, anyone know? I'm assuming I need to win the Copa Argentina for Domestic Cup.

In the Copa Sudamerica, I paid it no interest at all. My main focus for this season as well as the next is the League and a Domestic Cup.

CLUB PROGRESS

1333009364_CareerProgress.thumb.png.7aa7ca272eb00d333010778b7b5cd21d.png

CLUB STATS

498684533_CareerStats.thumb.png.f95a78692fab8a576bdaa0b142837817.png

Edited by Crowy

2086504479_Crowy_Inbox.thumb.png.33e471d6b460a55bb9a53725f5a9cca2.png 148947906_RacingClubdeAvellaneda_Fixtures-3.thumb.png.9a56dfb929dc140cfb9963bb45b992d7.png

Just going to leave these screenshots here to show I've won the cup, I'll have a big update end of season with the Euro's and The League as well. But their cup format is confusing as it also restarts this season and not sure I'll be ablle to get the screenshots I need end of season.

Vikeologist's 2044 Shanghai SIPG Report

Image result for Sipg Logo

Omar God

For the first time in years, (real years not save years) I had an unbeaten league campaign. My attacking tactics means that usually occasionally some team will get a win against us, but this year nobody came close.

20200930155132_1.thumb.jpg.ab8c5997f2d2f65c07d3e405447f3093.jpg

That just left the finals of the Champions League and Chinese Cup whose two legs took place concurrently.

At no point up to this had our doing the treble looked anything other than a formality. The only match we’d lost all season was the second leg of a Champions League tie we’d won 5-1 in the first leg.

However in the month between the end of the league and cup finals our best player went out injured, and our players were knackered out by internationals.

We drew the away legs of both finals 1-1, picking up another key injury, but won both home legs to complete the triple. However, both finals were tough battles.

20200930183537_1.thumb.jpg.5f6285a903f944f42210fdad22d6180c.jpg

Top Goalscorer – Ninja – 37

A South Korean striker. He was part of my Asian Cup winning team.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Anderson Omar – 7.60

Last year’s MVP, and my best player.

Man of The Match – Bian Qing – 9

Ninja’s Chinese strike partner.

Most Valuable Player– Anderson Omar

My midfield general.

The job at Seoul came vacant after the Champions League, and I do need another league, and 2 domestic cups, in addition to those I’ll hopefully pick up in North America and South Africa, but I fancy completing the challenge in a new nation or two, and completing the mandatory trophies asap. I’ve done South Korea too many times.

Next is probably Mexico or South Africa, but I’m also loading the USA MLS, even though I’ve never managed to succeed in or even understand that league.

Internationally, there may be jobs available after the African Nations in a few months, but it might be better to wait until the World Cup and get a job in Europe. I’m running out of nations that can win the Euro, and I don’t want to get to the end of the challenge and not be able to get this last cup. Also, in theory, this way round will see me achieve quicker.

Nonetheless, I’m probably about to spend a considerable amount of time unemployed waiting for a suitable job.

Domestic
2043	SIPG		Chinese SL		2nd		Anderson Omar (MC)		Took over after 13 matches. ACL S/F
2044	SIPG		Chinese SL		1st		Ninja (SC)			League, cup, Champions League triple, Unbeaten league season.

International
					World Cup 3rd Round

Challenge Progress 21/32

Club
 7/10 top domestic leagues 		(England, Germany, Spain, Brazil, France, Italy, China)			
 6/10 domestic cups 			(England, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Italy, China)						
 3/5 club continental championships	(Europe, S America, Asia)	 	

International
 1/1 World Cup

Edited by vikeologist

936c3bfbcee8016803.png

Racing Club

2043/44

Manager Profile:  Crowy - 2044 

Key Players: Emanuel Fazio ~ Hugo Maygua ~ Sebastian Romero ~ Sergio Vazquez ~ Clodomir

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

Club Competitions

(click to View)

551931607_RacingClubdeAvellaneda_Competitions.thumb.png.867076022dd6f6ca999aad0afa64ef76.png

Results: Primera Division I | Primera Division II

So after winning the Cup we went on to secure the League as well. We went like 20 odd games unbeaten at one stage but as you can see there were a lot of draws this season. Overall though I'm pleased to get Argentina out of the way, surprisingly the league went down to the last couple of games and it was a team predicted to finish 17th (which is where they finished last season) that pushed us all the way. I'll be looking to cover Italy next, with FM 2021 release date being announced there isn't too long left and I feel Italy will be my best chance of winning the Club World Cup.

CAREER PROGRESS

1797169340_CareerProgress.thumb.png.bbe4acb7c2a383a92e6ca31c87b5367b.png

CAREER STATS

1828720467_CareerStats.thumb.png.e41ff5db48bfdbdcc6f4b87f80246453.png

130138862c20a77c5fae076.png

European Championship

Group Stage

Spoiler

Group & Results

Pretty interesting group stage, we started off against Denmark whom we dominated. Unfortunately we got a player sent off with 20-30 minutes to go and they got an equaliser in the 92nd minute. Isreal was as you would expect, the surprise result of the group stage came against Italy. I think maybe my tactics just seem to work against bigger nations/teams.

2nd Round

Spoiler

UEFA-European-Championship_-Fixtures--Re

Match StatsFormationsPlayer Ratings

Against Germany we were in for a tough game, looking at the stats we perhaps should of seen the game off. Saying that we were 2-0 up with 85 minutes gone and a long range effort put a little bit of pressure on us other than that all round good performance.

Quarter Final

Spoiler

Match Stats ~ Formations ~ Player Ratings

So next up we had ranked 1 in the world in England. Overall pretty dull game, I'd say we edged it. England did create one or two chances but nothing to worry about. Pleased with the win, we move on.

Semi Final

Spoiler

Match Stats ~ Formations ~ Player Ratings

Coming in to this game we had 6 DAYS REST compared to Spain's two after beating 4th and 1st in the world I thought it would be a better performance than it was. We just could not create anything clear cutt but I felt the later the game went on the more we'd grow in to it, wasn't to be the case.

Final (Next Plans)

Spoiler

This squad is a good team, they have some good youngsters coming through also. I'm running out of time to complete this challenge, so what I'm going to do is continue as France manager for the time being, but if there is an International tournament in 2045 that I can have a crack at then I will have to try and give it a go. If not I'll be happy to take these to the World Cup providing I'm not sacked.

INTERNATIONAL PROGRESS

1847045952_InternationalProgress.thumb.png.4aae6a5b3bebf1bc1cdd2297f8e7c572.png

1150df920a2b18be56aa.png

Napoli

2044/45

Club Overview ~ Finances ~ League Table ~ Squad

Last but not least my new team is Napoli, great you're thinking!? If you look closer Napoli got relegated to Serie B at the end of last season, I need to quickly get through the seasons and I felt the best way of winning the Club World Cup would be through Italy. I thought I could turn this club around quickly over the next 2/3 seasons and get one of the top jobs with Juve, Inter and AC etc. I may just stay and try and do it with Napoli while I get through the World Cup and the next Continental International competition. I'm unsure but I feel going here I've got many directions that this save could go in and that's the way I like it.

Vikeologist's 2045/6 América Report

image.jpeg.80851d18d8953fb8b8158217682b8890.jpeg

Grucho Macias  Miguel

I took over America 14 matches into the opening stage in 17th place. We won our remaining 5 matches, but it wasn’t close to enough to get us into the playoffs.

The good thing about Mexico though is that you get 2 bites at the league cherry a year. However to ensure we qualified for the Champions League, we needed to either finish top in the Closing Stage regular season or win the league itself through the playoff. We did both.

20201007094446_1.thumb.jpg.c3eb520bacd09424ee7e8f4150ec2169.jpg

Unfortunately we didn’t win the Mexican Cup. 2 goals down in the Q/F second leg, we scored twice in extra time to force a penalty shootout, which we promptly lost.

I have to stay at least one more year though for the NACL, so hopefully I won’t screw it up next time.

Stats are for the whole season, including the catastrophe before I took over.

20201007102516_1.thumb.jpg.cafa23aa22f99b9b851259339d008a9b.jpg

Top Goalscorer - Misael Hernández – 26

My best striker, although he wasn’t our top scorer in the Closing Stage.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Miguel Macías – 7.32

Last year’s MVP, and my best player.

Man of The Match – 10. Fernando Pliego

The striker who did find the back of the net most often in the Closing Stage.

Most Valuable Player– Miguel Macías

Not sure he’s a midfield general, but maybe a Midfield Colonel.

I've been patiently waiting for the World Cup this summer as I want to win the Euro before attempting the ACON, because if I fail many more times, I might not be able to get a viable European national job.

Domestic
2043	SIPG		Chinese SL		2nd		Anderson Omar (MC)		Took over after 13 matches. ACL S/F
2044	SIPG		Chinese SL		1st		Ninja (SC)			League, cup, Champions League triple, Unbeaten league season.
2045	America		Mexican Opening		13th						Took over after 14 matches in 17th place (of 20). Won all 5 remaining matches
2046	America		Mexican Closing		1st

International
					World Cup 3rd Round

Challenge Progress 22/32

Club
 8/10 top domestic leagues 		(England, Germany, Spain, Brazil, France, Italy, China, Mexico)			
 3/5 club continental championships	(Europe, S America, Asia)	 	

International
 1/1 World Cup		

Edited by vikeologist

Been seriously struggling to get back into this save over the past month or so. I’m going to try and move things forward this weekend.

Look forward to reading all the new updates too.

Vikeologist's 2046/7 América (and Switzerland and Ivory Coast) Report

image.jpeg.80851d18d8953fb8b8158217682b8890.jpeg

firing a $2 million Misael at a $10 empty tent

We won everything. Both league regular seasons. The NACL. The Leagues Cup. All of it very easily.

The only problem we had was in the second leg of the NACL final where we had 2 players sent off. It was a disaster. We didn’t even add to our 4 goal aggregate lead because of it.

But the real disaster. We didn’t win the Mexican Cup, for the very simple reason that we weren’t in it. The clubs in continental competitions aren’t entered.

This means that I am now 2 cups behind on my tally. Losing that penalty shootout on my one attempt last season really bit me on the arse.

I also didn’t win the closing stage, for the equally good reason that as soon as we won the NACL final I had a new job lined up that I really needed to leave for, and left immediately before the playoffs started, although we won the regular season by a country mile.

More on that later.

But there was never the slightest bit of doubt that we would win everything that there was to win.

20201015185032_1.thumb.jpg.5c549dcb37894cdbd7e0e580f3df60aa.jpg

Top Goalscorer - Misael Hernández – 46

Pliego, the other half of the strikeforce scored 43.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Fernando Pliego – 7.80

Man of The Match – Misael Hernández - 11

Most Valuable Player– Misael Hernández

As the NACL final loomed, the job at Kaizer Chiefs became available. It’s a bit of a risk. Simpler to just show you the league table.

20201015193040_1.thumb.jpg.899c13b6f55f40176f34527766a4d206.jpg

With 3 games to go we need to finish in the top 2. Note that Cape City and Amazulu have games in hand.

It’s a gamble but one I have to take. I just hope we can hit the ground running.

Update: We won 2 and drew 1 of those last 3 matches, but it wouldn't have made any difference if we'd won all 3. At least we have qualified for the Confederations Cup. The squad is not good, but now I've got at least 2 years to turn it around, (unless I'm sacked along the way).

Internationally things were a bit of a mess. After the World Cup, the only European job I was offered was with Switzerland. My reputation has fallen to 75%, and the likes of Portugal turned me down. (After winning the NACL it’s now only 70%)

I thought I could make a success of Switzerland. I was wrong. We finished 2nd in our Nations League B group, and it was obvious that I wasn’t going to win the Euros with them.

So after the ACON I jumped ship to Ivory Coast. I’ll have to do the Euro last, and who knows how many attempts it will take to get the ACON.

In order to get a job with a big European nation, I’ll probably have to return to club management in Europe, maybe in Portugal or Holland if I still need extra cups, but I might as well tackle Africa first.

Domestic
2045	America		Mexican Opening		13th						Took over after 14 matches in 17th place (of 20). Won all 5 remaining matches
2046	America		Mexican Closing		1st		Miguel Macías (MC)		League winners
2046	America		Mexican Opening		1st						League and Leagues Cup winners
2047	America		Mexican Closing		1st		Misael Hernández (SC)		League and NACL winners

International
					World Cup 3rd Round
46-47	Switzerland
47-	Ivory Coast

Challenge Progress 23/32

Club
 8/10 top domestic leagues 		(England, Germany, Spain, Brazil, France, Italy, China, Mexico)			
 4/5 club continental championships	(Europe, S America, Asia, N America)	 	

International
 1/1 World Cup		

Edited by vikeologist

• 2 weeks later...

Vikeologist's 2047/8 Kaizer Chiefs (and Ivory Coast) Report

Image result for kaizer chiefs

I can just cut and paste the America update from last season. We won everything, the league, both domestic cups and the Confederation Cup. In all, 6 competitions, 6 wins.

20201024075706_1.thumb.jpg.ee16b79138eef50e1a7dd4615019c3a3.jpg

The thing we didn’t win was the Champions League, again like the Mexican Cup a year ago, for the good reason that we weren’t in the competition.

A pretty boring season, and it will be even more so next year again auto picking and instant resulting the matches just to get to the Champions League ones.

However, I can’t winning the CL for granted. South African teams hardly ever win it. In fact ES Tunis have won it  the last 4 times and 5 out of the last 6.

My team is of course significantly better than any other domestic side, but I can’t rest on my laurels. One extra year will be tedious enough.

For some reason, there are no sports scientists willing to sign with us, so I need to have a very large squad to combat jadedness.

The squad looks on team report to have weak spots, but that’s because the top players are so much better than the rest of the squad.

I can only have 5 foreign players over 21, so I’m more or less limited to South African players, and there just very many who would be good enough to even supply squad depth.

20201024082325_1.thumb.jpg.5b0510c3fbaaf01bfe1526a9b74a4382.jpg

Top Goalscorer - Edward Nkambule – 45

Just 22 years old

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Tshidiso Zimu – 8.04

Equally good in central midfield or on the left wing.

Man of The Match – Tshidiso Zimu - 8

Most Valuable Player– Tshidiso Zimu

I will also be looking to win the ACON at the first time of asking with Ivory Coast. Again, nobody has posed any threat to us so far, but again, we haven’t played any good teams.

Domestic
2046	America		Mexican Closing		1st		Miguel Macías (MC)		League winners
2046	America		Mexican Opening		1st						League and Leagues Cup winners
2047	America		Mexican Closing		1st		Misael Hernández (SC)		League and NACL winners
46/47	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Premier	3rd						Took over in 3rd with 3 games to go. 
47/48	Kaizer Chiefs	S African Premier	1st						League, Super 8, K/O Cup, SA Cup, Confederations Cup. Everyhting basically.

International
23	Indonesia U23			Topped U23 Asian Nations Cup Qualifying. Quit shortly afterwards.
					World Cup 3rd Round
46-47	Switzerland
47-	Ivory Coast

Challenge Progress 25/32

Club
 9/10 top domestic leagues 		(England, Germany, Spain, Brazil, France, Italy, China, Mexico, South Africa)			
 7/10 domestic cups 			(England, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Italy, China, South Africa)						
 4/5 club continental championships	(Europe, S America, Asia, N America)	 	

International
 1/1 World Cup		

image.jpeg

image.jpeg.004053f95c2275926dd279f607b4f17a.jpeg

Season 1 - 2019 - Chinese League One

Competitions  - So my first job was in China with a team with an amazing badge. I took them over right at the start of the season and in fairness we did not have any cash so I could not do too much. I brought in a few loans and a couple of Brazilian players who would help massively and they certainly did. In the Cup we did not do too much as we went out in the first round we entered. In the League we were never really threatened the top or the bottom, it did at one stage look like we could challenge the top but we did not. In the end 6th is a good finish. 

Stars of the Season

Huang Cong - He came in mid season and really changed us he was superb

Gabiga - One of the Brazilians , our left wing back who was great all year long, he really makes a difference to us. 

Damiao - Our rock in front of the back for, got more assists than I thought he would. He did very well this year for us.

Next Season

I will be here next year, for some reason I have been offered a massive transfer bill so time for Christmas shopping for the new season, I think with a few additions we could be a very good team in this league and could maybe challenge a bit closer next year

Season      Team                 League       Nation     Finish     Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019       GD Southern Tigers    League One     CHN        6th 

Challenge Progress 0/32

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues 				
 0/10 domestic cups 							
 0/5 club continental championships	 	

International
 0/5 continental tournaments 				
 0/1 World Cup		

Edited by ashjm

Season 2 - 2020 - Chinese League One

Competitions  - Very similar to last year where we finished in exactly the same position. We are far away from those underneath us and once again never troubled the bottom of the table. With 7 games to go it looked like we could make an assault on the top places but we drew and lost two and our chance was gone. It was a very close league this year but with the quality of teams coming down, I suspect its going to be harder next year. 

Stars of the Season

Han Xu - Really good this year, he does not look anything special but he is solid and offers lots moving forward. 

Kevam - I got him from Brazil on a free in the offseason and he performed fantastically. 

Damiao - Another excellent year, expect this time he will not sign a new deal so I suspect thats the last I will see of him

Next Season

I am not too sure what to do. We are loosing a large part of our squad including two of our three Brazilians as they refuse to sign new deals. I am not sure what, if any, budget we will have to play with. I am not against staying here again next year but I am certainly looking to see if any Super League jobs will take a chance on me. Dont really fancy leaving China though. 

2020       GD Southern Tigers    League One     CHN        6th

Challenge Progress 0/32

Club
 0/10 domestic cups 							

International
 0/1 World Cup		

Season 3 - 2021 - Chinese League One

Competitions  - We had to be busy in the off season as I lost a lot of the squad and needed to bring in some new faces. I decided that I would need to spend some cash so I spent about £3mil on a raft of new players. We began really well and found ourselves 2nd half way through the year. We did then hit a rough patch of form but did pick it back up towards the end of the year. In the end we went 2nd with three games to spare and won all our remaining games and secured promotion. 

Stars of the Season

Tao Yuan - Joined for just over half a million and was superb down the right hand side all year

Marlyson - Is this the best £40k I spent. He suffered with an injury for three months but was superb when played

Ma Yeng - A big money signing for £2.5mil I thought it was a lot but he was worth every single penny

Next Season

I think I am on the way out here. I wont be resigning but I am hoping a bigger Chinese club will be interested so I can move. 

2021       GD Southern Tigers    League One     CHN        2nd      Promoted

image.png.8f9fc270db00c6ba751ec5caf0d7ae4a.png

Guinea - World Cup Qualifying 

Season - I took my first steps into International management with Guinea they sacked there manager after failing to get out of the group stages of the African Nations and offered me the job. We had a winnable World Cup Qualifying Group and we indeed did that by going into the the third round. We again got an easier draw and won to qualify for our first World Cup

Season      Nation               Notes
2021        Guinea           Qualified for World Cup

Challenge Progress 0/32

Club
 0/10 domestic cups 							

International
 0/1 World Cup		

Edited by ashjm

Season 4 - 2022 - Chinese Super League

Competitions  - I forgot to take a screenshot of the competitions screen, but we went out in the 4th round of the cup. In the league as the table shows we finished 3rd. We were fantastic for most of the year but we just dropped annoying points in games that we should have won. It was our consistency which was the main issue. I think that because our Chinese players are not great if any of the foreign players are injured we suffer a lot. 3rd though is a superb finish and one I am really happy with. 

Stars of the Season

Raphael Lucas - Superb striker who came in the off season, scored a lot of goals and was great

Ronwen Williams - He was out for 10 games this year and we really did feel his absence, he is a great keeper for this league. 

Siriman Magassouba - Our top goalscorer he is a bit of a flat track bully as he goes missing in the big games

Next Season

I am desperate to get to another club, I feel we are over achieving here so I think we need to get out to get a better job and tick of some of the trophies but no big Chinese club will entertain me as an option so far so I feel a little bit stuck, I wont resign so we will just keep plugging away. 

2022       GD Southern Tigers    Super League   CHN        3rd      Champions League Qualification

Guinea - World Cup  

Season - A season that I am sure the fans would love. We got through African Nations Qualifying with relative easy and ended up winning our group which is always nice. We entered the World Cup having been given an incredibly easy draw. We won all three games and got an easier draw in the second round to. In the quarters I knew it was going to be one of the big boys and we lost 1-0 in a very close game. A very good showing for my first International Tournament. 

2022        Guinea           World Cup 1/4 Final

Challenge Progress 0/32

Club
 0/10 domestic cups 							

International
 0/1 World Cup		

Season 5 - 2023 - Chinese Super League

So I decided that time with the GD Southern Tigers would come to end, I resigned with 4 games left of the season as I was getting more and more frustrated and it seemed this year more than any other I was just banging my head against a brick wall. We started off the season fairly well and breezed through the Champions League group with no troubles at all. We lost in the 5th round of the cup and from there our world seemed to fall apart. We lost Japanese opposition in the next round of the Champions League and we could just not buy a win. In the end we were 11th and my time here was over. 

Next Season

Nothing really other than find a job. 

2022       GD Southern Tigers    Super League   CHN        3rd      Champions League Qualification
2023       GD Southern Tigers    Super League   CHN        11th     Left With Four Games Remaining. 

Guinea - ACN

Season - The ACN was fantastic. We hit the ground running with three wins in the group including a huge win over Morocco. Algeria were next in the 2nd round and we dispatched them with ease. We then faced a good Senegal team and again we beat them. We then faced Cameroon and again got past them before we beat the hosts Ivory Coast in the final. I resigned straight away Africa done. 

2023        Guinea           ACN Champions

Challenge Progress 0/32

Club
 0/10 domestic cups 							

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (ACN with Guinea)		
 0/1 World Cup		

Edited by ashjm

@ashjm

Congrats on the ACON, and also your start in China.

With regard to your failure to get job offers, how are you doing with coaching certificates. As soon as a club will pay for them, you should get them. What's your reputation, (or more pertinently, what was it before you resigned and won the ACON)?

16 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@ashjm

Congrats on the ACON, and also your start in China.

With regard to your failure to get job offers, how are you doing with coaching certificates. As soon as a club will pay for them, you should get them. What's your reputation, (or more pertinently, what was it before you resigned and won the ACON)?

Cheers pal. I am playing on Touch or what ever it is called so there is not any coaching badges. It was one star pre ACN post it was one and a half. I have got a job and its a good one. 

image.png.ae39268d811aaac05d8578ff4c77a701.png

Season 6 - 2024 - Chinese Super League

Competitions - This lot finished 4th last year and sacked their manager and offered me the job and an £84 million transfer budget. Yes please. They already had an amazing squad so I did not need to do too much, but as one of the foreign spots was being freed up I knew that would be something I would replace. I spent £58 million, on one Brazilian forward and then 4 Chinese players who would add some squad depth. Chinese players are expensive. We were amazing all year round and once we had settled in never looked in any danger of not winning everything. We won 19 games straight to win the league and cup with record points. 

Stars of the Season

Lincoln - £12 million of absolute gold. Scores for fun his goal to game ratio is unreal

Stanislav Lobotka - What is he doing at this level he should be playing football at the highest level in Europe

Fernando - He is getting on a little bit but he was maybe the best player in China this year. 

Next Season

I honestly dont think we need to do too much to the squad I am going to see if I can add some more Chinese player depth into the squad because I am happy with the foreign players we have. Next year I suppose the Champions League will be the aim, I dont intend on leaving until I have had a good go at that. We won the Champions League in 2022 and Guangzhou have won the last two so I dont see any reason we cannot go for it. 

2023       GD Southern Tigers    Super League   CHN        11th     Left With Four Games Remaining. 
2024       Beijing Guoan         Super League   CHN        1st      League and Cup Double

Challenge Progress 3/32

Club
 1/10 top domestic leagues (CHN with Beijin)				
 1/10 domestic cups (CHN with Beijing)							

International
 0/1 World Cup		

Edited by ashjm

image.png.ae39268d811aaac05d8578ff4c77a701.png

Season 7 - 2024 - Chinese Super League

Competitions - I knew going into this season that we were probably the best team in China and maybe Asia. We took the league to pieces with ease, we went top really early on and did not leave that spot all year. Guangzhou were not as good and this made our life easier. We also won the Chinese FA Cup with ease for the second year running. In the Champions League we won every game in the group stage one of them we won 12-0. We then beat Melbourne Victory. After that a win over another Chinese team. In the Semis we lost the first leg 2-1 to Guangzhou before winning the second. We demolished the team in the final and the Champions League was mine. 

Stars of the Season

Wang Weilong - Was one of my first signings here, I also had him as a youngster with my old club. Great second striker

Lincoln - He is such a good goalscorer, maybe someone I would look to take with me in the future.

Stanislav Lobotka - Another superb season from the best player in China

Next Season

So after the Champions League win, I resigned. I have loved my time in China but now its time to move on. I am not sure where but maybe Africa will be the next home for us. I am looking for a bit of a project next. 

2024       Beijing Guoan         Super League   CHN        1st      League and Cup Double
2025       Beijing Guoan         Super League   CHN        1st      League, Cup, CL

Challenge Progress 4/32

Club
 1/5 club continental championships	 (Asian CL with Beijing)	

International
 0/1 World Cup		

image.png.bd3390e0d34515c29b68202091820e79.png

Season 7 (continued) - 2025/26 South African Premier League

Competitions - I was not out of work for very long at all. In December the job with Maritzburg United came up and I jumped at the chance. I was unsure where I wanted to go but I love playing in Africa and when I looked at their squad I felt they had a chance to jump up the table quickly. So I joined and one of the first things on the list was to go to the transfer window and try and mould the squad to what I wanted. 8 players left my squad for a range of fees and 8 came in. I was really pleased with the business I did. We had already been knocked out of two of the cups before I joined so it was just the Nedbank Cup left. We did well in it until we were knocked in the semi finals by a very good side. In the League I was soon able to shoot us up the table as we got some good results. We were never going to trouble for the title we were too far off but finishing 6th is a good achievement in light of where I took over. 

Stars of the Season

Siyabonga Tloane - One of my signings fits in the middle of the park nicely, our defensive rock in front of the back four

Siyambonga Ndwandwe - The other midfielder with a very similar name, he is more attacking and creative. Another one of my guys

Sandile Mkhize - Maybe my best signing the great little striker was just banging them in. 

Next Season

I am a fair few years in the future now. I am hoping next year I can challenge for the title and the cup. I have a few new players coming in the summer so we should have a much better squad. 

2025       Beijing Guoan         Super League   CHN        1st      League, Cup, CL
2025/26    Martizburg United     Premier League RSA        6th      Took over in 14th in December

Challenge Progress 4/32

Club

International
 0/1 World Cup		

Season 8 - 2026/27 South African Premier League

Competitions - This was a really weird season for me as we were awful in the cups and to be honest not much better in the league. Only once since the start of the save would the amount of points we got won the title. It was very much a case of no team wanting to win it. It was our away form that really caused the issues for us as we lost 7 away from home. It was the fact that we were unplayable at home that won us the league. We will really need to improve if we want to win again. 

Stars of the Season

Siyabonga Tloane - Another fantastic season from the man who is just a rock. I honestly dont think I saw him do anything wrong this year

Iain Banda - One of my summer signings who has been fantastic this year

Sandile Mkhize - Another superb where he scored a lot of goals and always looked a danger

Next Season

Champions League next year will be the main aim. I would also like to grab a cup if I can to tick another one off the list

2025/26    Maritzburg United     Premier League RSA        6th      Took over in 14th in December
2026/27    Maritzburg United     Premier League RSA        1st      League Champions

Challenge Progress 5/32

Club
 2/10 top domestic leagues (CHN with Beijin, RSA with Martizburg United)				

International
 0/1 World Cup		

Edited by ashjm

Season 9 - 2027/28 South African Premier League

Competitions - I feel really sorry for the Orlando Pirates we beat them in the League in what was a two horse race for most of the season. It was just us and them all the way through and we beat them 2-0 with 6 games to go and that was enough to take us ahead of them. We then matched their results until the end of the year but in the end we were better and got our second title. We also beat them in the Cup semi final which we went on to win. We even beat them in the Champions League semi final to go into the final It was a great season but it could have been a season similar to Orlando Pirates. 

Stars of the Season

Tebogo Mabaso - One of my new signings, we certainly levelled up with him

Andrew Fortune - One of my summer signings who has been fantastic this year

Sandile Mkhize - Another signing who again was fantastic for us

Next Season

Well I will be off again, I am unsure if to go to Europe or if I find a job elsewhere

2025/26    Maritzburg United     Premier League RSA        6th      Took over in 14th in December
2026/27    Maritzburg United     Premier League RSA        1st      League Champions
2027/28    Maritzburg United     Premier League RSA        1st      League and Cup Double, Champions League

Challenge Progress 7/32

Club
 2/10 top domestic leagues (CHN with Beijin, RSA with Martizburg United)				
 2/10 domestic cups (CHN with Beijing, RSA with Martizburg Utd)							
 2/5 club continental championships	 (Asian CL with Beijing, African CL with Maritzburg Utd)	

International
 0/1 World Cup