rancer890's FM08 Small club from an Asian Country adventure challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, finances are really good with 400k+ in the bank and a profit of over 250k this season, we also managed to fill the stadium in one of those games and in another my players got to experience playing infront of 30k people who all support the other team :þ

After realising Asia was on of the few places I had yet to visit, and to kill time till FM09 came out, this challenge seemed idea.

So, I jetted off to China under the name Scott Lawson. Jolly nice chap he seems to be.

After hunting for a team, I came across Suzhou Qupushi. Predicted to finish dead last, with no staff and are actually a parent club.

A few more useful links:

Squad

Finances

I believe that is all for now, will report later on in the season.

Cheers Sazcu

2008 Pre-Season Update : Miami, Tianna, Zebra?

Well, first port of call was to hire in some staff. All staff, including me, are between 30-40. Opting for youthful optimism rather than experience. That, and no decent ones over 45 applied.

With scouts in place, we scoured China to find some players, 5 in, 2 out

As for the pre-season friendlies, 7 in total, 3 wins (against Wierun, Dongya and Tianna), 2 draws (Saibo and Miami FC :)) and 2 defeats (Zhongfangji and Zebra FC (Of East Timor, that was embarrasing))

Lets hope for survival in the season.

Seems like one of my strikers has found his calling... being injured.. currently he's injured for 4-6 months, last two seasons(this and the last) he's been injured 4 times, for a total of 15-17 months(including the current injury)

oh, and i MIGHT do 3 updates tonight, we'll find out, not sure if i'm up to writing 3 but most likely 2 will be up later tonight :þ ... maby i'll just do a double update tomorrow night aswell(if i also finish a whole season tomorrow which is likely)

- Sazchu - Season 2012/13 - Kwai Tsing District Football Association -

Bring on the new season, we had a great last season getting 2nd place and a continental spot which boosted our finances but we knew just like all that last season was just a fluke, so the target was set for 5th place this season, one place higher than we were used to.

This season was pretty balanced all the way through and the team did fine, that was not enough though as most teams had a similar season which mean that despite our good playing we only managed 8th spot, 6 points behind 3rd place which means we didnt do to bad and even though it's 8th we'll take it and hopefully step it up a notch next season.

Final League Standings

We ofcourse have the usual cups but thanks to our sucess last season we'll be taking part in the Confederation Cup.

Due to our 2nd place finish last season we started the Senior Shield in the Quarter Finals, there we won our game against Rangers(HKG) 3-2 but in the semi-finals we met the wall, better known as South China and that's the end of our Senior Shield this season can't wait for the time when we win South China in most our games(if that will ever happen).

Senior Shield Semi-Final

Next up was the ever popular League Cup... yeah, it's not popular amongst our fans(still only old man Liu and his dog which has lost a leg by now), we got one win and one draw to finish 3rd in our group just ahead of Tai Po and Double Flower, we really shouldve gotten all the points against Tai Po.

League Cup Group A

The last domestic cup as always is the FA Cup, due to our 2nd place finish in the league last season we're already into the Quarter Finals much like in the Senior Shield, there we met Kitchee and went out on penalties, that was short livedl...

FA Cup Quarter Finals

Now our ticket to continental glory, the one, the only, the Asian Confederation Cup where we met teams from, Malaysia, North Korea and Singapore.

We expected to be totally dominated in all the games, as we were but we managed to pick up 3 points against North Korean side Ponyang City to finish the group bottom with 3 points, we hope to be playing continental football on a regular basis within a few years.

Confederation Cup Group G

There goes a season we can be satisfied with even though we got 8th in the league, here's hoping we get a few places higher next season though.

Fan's Player of the year profile

Fan's Player of the year career stats

(i fail a bit so no squad end of season, you can live with it for one season i hope.)

Best XI

Best XI overall

As a small bonus here is a look into the future, Yip Ka Chun when he just came up through our youth in 2011 and now at age 19, 4 years later Yip Ka Chun the Captain of Kwai Tsing.

Then

Now(his tackling is actually 16 as i write this)

Nice, hope he scores alot more, I won't be writing another update tonight, so i'll write 2 tomorrow.

I'm trying to get better players though but it's not going well so i might be doomed for a mid-low table finish for a few more seasons atleast.

Well, just get enough money each season until you become Professional and go for broke immediately :D

Yeah, i wonder if when the current kit sponsorship(140k) ends if i will get an even better one, i'm expecting a profit of somewhere around 110k this season, which would mean that i would have 730k in the bank, which isnt bad, i even have 120k to buy players this season, up from last season's 6k.

- Sazchu - Season 2013/14 - Kwai Tsing District Football Association -

After 8th place, though only a few points from the teams last season we set our target to 5th or 6th, a place which seams to suit the team, we didn't start all too well though 11 games into the season we had 2 wins, 1 draw and 8 losses, a horrible first half of the season which saw us sitting 9th with only 7 games to go and things weren't looking good.

We were a bit worried that we might go down, just two seasons after getting 2nd place and reaching a continental competition, but a change of tactic before playing Workable saw us do good in the last few games, with 4 wins and 1 draw in the next 5 games we managed to climb all the way up to 6th place with two games to go against top flying teams Eastern and Dongguan, a loss in both games didn't change though as the teams below us didn't do enough to catch us, a horrible start to the season before a great surge in the later part saw us snatch 6th place, only 2 points from relegation.

Final League Standings

In this year's Senior Shield we met Workable in the first round, one of many games against them this season but this one was probably our worst of the lot only winning 2-1 to advance to the Quarter Finals where we met Kitchee, Kitchee had the game under complete control the whole time and got a good 2-0 win over us which means that like so many times before we're out of the Senior Shield in the Quarter Final.

Senior Shield Quarter Final

The League Cup, seems like we never manage to get up from our group and this year was no different as we finished third with 6 points after wins against Workable 6-1 and Eastern 2-1, was that one of two games against Workable this season where Abdulai Seidu scored 5 goals.

League Cup Group B

Abdulai Seidu also got awards for Best Attacking player and Top Goalscorer in the League Cup.

Best Attacking player

Top Goalscorer

Next up was the FA Cup which this season was almost a mirror to the Senior Shield First playing Workable in the 1st round 6-0 before losing by one goal in the Quarter Final against Kitchee.

FA Cup Quarter Final

Just like in the League Cup Abdulai Seidu got awards for being the Top Goalscorer and the Best Attacking player.

Best Attacking player

Top Goalscorer

Although we had a really bad start to the season we got into better shape in the mid-season and managed to finish a respectable 6th in the league, the cups were similar to most other years and we're satisfied with them.

Squad end of season

Best XI

Best XI overall

- Sazchu - Season 2014/15 - Kwai Tsing District Football Association -

Seems like one always starts on a similar note but i guess it can't be helped when things are similar, this season Started with a good run which included an amazing 6-2 win over South China which kinda ruined our form as we lost 5 of the last 7 games and got 2 draws, but thanks to our good run at the start of the season we got the ever popular 6th place at the end of the season.

Final League Standings

Onward to the Senior Shield where we met HKFC and lost 0-2.

Senior Shield 1st Round

The League cup also stayed on it's course with us getting 4 points and 3rd place in our group, wonder how many players will die from a heartattack becaus of shock when we get up from our group in the League Cup.

League Cup Group B

The FA Cup, we met HKFC once again... and we lost 0-1 something that i was not happy about but wasn't really a suprise as HKFC had been the better team in all our games.

FA Cup 1st Round

A really good start to the season only to see a horrible second part of the season, seems like some of the players lack consistency and we hope to address that soon, Fung Cheuk Man was selected as Young Player of the year, Abdul Seidu was runner-up in Footballer of the year.

HK Young Player of the year

Squad end of season

Best XI

Best XI overall

- Sazchu - Season 2015/16 - Kwai Tsing District Football Association -

Yet another season, this time we start with South China in the league but as usual we lose to them, after 6th place last season i'm determined to get one better this season and hopefully start building towards a glorious future for Kwai Tsing and Hong Kong.

We don't have the best of starts with only one win in the first seven games, thankfully only two losses during that period which keeps us in the mid-table, after that we go on a 6 game unbeaten run which sets us firmly in place to battle for 5th and 6th place in the league, by getting a win and a draw in the last two games we manage to take 5th place on goal difference just ahead of HKFC, the first time we actually manage to get our goal.

Final League Standings

It seems like there is always the same story with the cups, this season we start in the Quarter Final and get drawn against Dongguan, we get a good 0-1 loss against them which was quite a good result against this Chinese powerhouse.

Next up was the League Cup which was just like the past years, 4 points and we don't get up from our group.

League Cup Group A

Just as with the Senior Shield we meet a better team in the FA Cup Quarter Final this time it was South China which took us out of a cup yet again.

FA Cup Quarter Final

A good season where we managed to get our goal in the league though just barely, a nice addition to our good season was our striker Abdulai Seidu being chosen as Footballer of the year in Hong Kong ahead of the ever popular Tales.

Footballer of the year

Squad end of season

Best XI

Best XI overall

2008 Update : WE STAYED UP!!! : Suzhou

In the league

We managed to stay above Xiangtao and Hangzhou throughout most of the season. Not even losing to them this season. We also managed an impressive victory over Hohhot, and were fairly unlucky in a game against Yaniban where they scored in the 90th minute to draw 1-1

League Table

So we stay up. The board love me, the fans love me, I love me. We finsihed 20th in the reserves and an impressive 12th in the Under-19s.

Confidence

Club Awards

Fans Player of the Year and Manager's Player of the Year

Best XI

First Division 2009

Relegated From Super League : Nanchang Bayi, Quingdao

Promoted From Second Division : Dongya, Liming, Beijing IT

- Sazchu - Season 2016/17 - Kwai Tsing District Football Association -

5th place last season, the 2nd best finish in the history of the club and we are aiming for the same place this season, but we don't start well by losing 3 of the first 4 games two of which against teams we should win without much trouble but throughout the season we did well including a 1-1 draw and a 3-1 win against South China which really topped off the season, we managed to finish 3rd behind Dongguan and Happy Valley BUT with Dongguan being a chinese team and therefore not being able to get continental spots from league finish we will play in the Asian Confederation Cup next season.

Final League Standings

Abdulai Seidu and Fung Cheuk Man picked up some awards aswell as two of our players making it into the team of the year.

Top Goalscorer

Young player of the year

Team of the year

In the Senior Shield we got Sun Hei, and we lost just barely.

The League Cup was pretty much a mirror of last year, 4 points like usual and 4th place in our group.

League Cup Group B

FA Cup we met Dongguan which was just a sign that we would lose, which we did 1-3, no suprise there.

FA Cup Quarter Final

Great season(not taking the cups into account) with us gettinga continental spot for next season, here is hoping that we get a similar result next season.

Fan's player of the year profile

Fan's player of the year career stats

Squad end of season

Best XI

Best XI overall

I've sold the player Everton wanted to Portsmouth for 160k upfront + 50% of next sale + Friendly. I lost 0-3 in the friendly with the player that just joined them having an assist in the game.

-edit-

He has finished his first season at Portsmouth, playing 31 game and scoring 15 goals, his value has risen to 775k.

good to see the interest in this has picked up!! im back, fully recovered from tearing latvia apart (we didnt, honest) and looking forward to getting back into the back-end of the season id almost finished when i had to leave! will be posting updates soon..

good luck to all that have joined!!

good to see the interest in this has picked up!! im back, fully recovered from tearing latvia apart (we didnt, honest) and looking forward to getting back into the back-end of the season id almost finished when i had to leave! will be posting updates soon..

good luck to all that have joined!!

Keep us posted rinso!:)

My current season in China isn't going too well atm...:( Probably won't get relegated, but worse than years past.

will do!! 6 games left and i'm 2 points clear at the top, so we'll see how it pans out tonight... although im getting pretty heavily into debt for some reason, still well inside my wage budget so ill have to see what i can do about that...

will do!! 6 games left and i'm 2 points clear at the top, so we'll see how it pans out tonight... although im getting pretty heavily into debt for some reason, still well inside my wage budget so ill have to see what i can do about that...

You're doing better than me already. Haven't even sniffed 1st yet...my away form is beyond horrible :(

Maybe lower your bonuses?

yeahi shall have to take a close look at the finances etc when i get goin again, just tryin to catch up on everything i missed so afar.. tempted to just holiday it thru and see what happens! not sure how good the ass manis though... what i wouldnt give for the one i have in another save. managing st albans and added another manager at liverpool, so holidaying from st albans atm, just coming back in transfer windows. so far he's got us from bss into L1 lol

Right after much deliberation i've decided to give this a crack of the whip.

Opted for China and holidayed the first season for the league changeover. Hangzhou were the team i opted for and only until after i had taken charge i noticed that they were only formed in 2007.

2008 - Hangzhou - Chinese FC Jia League

Media Prediction - 13th

Final Position - 12th

Transfer Budget - Zero

Wage Budget - 3.34k p/w

League

We started the league well coming off the back of a good pre season campaign. We won our first game of the season which gave us the momentum to go on a 6 game unbeaten streak. Knowing it would never last we needed to take this opportunity to gain a margain between us and the bottom 2 places. He Yao was the star of the show for the first 12 games nearly scoring a goal a game until he hit the usual baron run without a goal in 5/6 games which were all losses. We took the lead in so many games going a goal or 2 up with 20mins to play before the AI takes over and fooks you over. Last minute goals are gay. We managed to win the odd game and draw a game or 2 to ensure we weren't in any chance of being relegated.

Final League Table

Transfers/Squad

The squad was poor when i joined, it had a few potential first team players but the rest were dead wood and either released or sent to the reserves. With the ok-ish players left i set about finding some possible new recruits. He Yao was one of the the stars that i found who would be perfect for the team. Sadly he was really the only one. For some reason there was a substantial amount of decent right-backs but no left backs available on a free which annoyed me. I used my parent club Zhejiang to their full potential by loaning 6 players from them. Transfers

Here are the final player stats for the season.

Top Scorer - He Yao, 14

Most Assists - Ji Xinghua, 15

MOM - Ji Xinghua;Rong Yu; He Yao, 3

Ave Rating - Ji Xinghua, 7.58

Finances were helped only by the pay out for the final league position which was 40k, i was surprised. Squad bonus pay out was around 20k this season.

Aims for next seaon

• Consolidate and achieve at least a 10th place finish

Season Team                League              Finished
2008   Hangzhou            Jia League          12th

For some reason the league increased from 14 teams to 16. I mentioned that in my seasons aims that i would like to achieve a 10th place or better finish but obviously with more teams that would maybe prove more difficult. So this season i would settle for a 12th place or higher finish.

2009 - Hangzhou - Chinese FC Jia League

Media Prediction - 15th

Final Position - 11th

Transfer Budget - Zero

Wage Budget - 3.3k p/w

League

Yet again this season we had a fantastic start to the season. From the positions graph you can see after 10 games we fell away resided to another low finish. Like last season we just hit an invisible barrier and could not win. A baron run of at least 10 games without a run put the dampers on a top half finish. I noticed this season too the amount of penalties we gave away at one point it seemed every game in our losing streak we conceded at least one penalty. Something i will look into next season. We managed to win a few games and draw against the top sides to ensure we were safe from relegation in which this season there were 2 places to up for going down.

Final League Table

Cup

We were drawn against top flight Shandong. We were crap.

1st Round Hangzhou 1 - 4 Shangdong

Transfers/Squad

Again this season I used my parent club well to bring in 4 good loanees to strengthen the squad. Like last season no transfer money was available to spend and I had to use the free transfer market. I brought in 2 new strikers who this season bagged 18 and 11 respectively. All players that i brought were first team members and were used throughout the season. Transfers

Squad/Stats for the season.

Top Scorer - Jiang Sheng, 18

Most Assists - Cheng Mouyi, 15

MOM - Jiang Sheng, 4

Ave Rating - Yue Kaihao, 7.43

Finances increased well again this season. Around 55k was added onto the balance.

Aims for next seaon

• Achieve a mid-table finish (10th or above)
  • Reach 2nd Round of the FA Cup

Season Team                League              Finished
2008   Hangzhou            Jia League          12th
2009   Hangzhou            Jia League          11th

Archived