rancer890's FM08 Small club from an Asian Country adventure challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol hmmm... im currently sitting 4th in the league after 4 games, faves to go down, predicted 9th... and the board feel i should be preforming better?? good to see the muppets upstairs still exist in hong kong, and not just england...

whats the old cliche? the first point is the hardest one to get?

lol hmmm... im currently sitting 4th in the league after 4 games, faves to go down, predicted 9th... and the board feel i should be preforming better?? good to see the muppets upstairs still exist in hong kong, and not just england...

whats the old cliche? the first point is the hardest one to get?

Wow. Great job rinso:thup:

I'm going to do a bit of homework now, but I'll probably be thinking of possible signings/tactics :p

lol I reminded you?! thats it, blame me!! sheesh!! thats another draw under me belt, so only one defeat in the first 5 in the league! if we can keep this up, no worries! i'll be at this a good while yet, insomnia had got me good this week, plus im away over the weekend, so if i play loads now i wont miss it as much.. i hope...

league table

well, thats halfway though the season, and not much to report really. we're plodding along steadily, not too much cause for concern really. just concentrating on making sure we stay in the divison.

there have now been a couple of transfers, i brought in Detinho (co-incidence!!) and a chinese dc to boolster my back line.

one outgoing player was Robert Scott, who was clearly some kind of problem child, and i intensely dislike having them in my squad. he got sent off in an earlier game, so i gave him a warning, which he complained about. couple of weeks later he then missed training, so got another warning. he complained again. he was ony 17 and had refused a new contract when i took over, so i released him!

theres a very small margin between doin good and doin poorly in this, with the league being so small. im up and down the table like a bloody yoyo!!

luckily the bottom two clubs are miles behind, and it shouldnt be too long before im safe til next season.. i hope!

got knocked out of the senior cup (something lik that) at the first hurdle, but im not too bothered.

im thinking im gonna have to get some loans in,this lot suddenly look like theyve never played together!! this league cup thigs been a disaster so far!

although some newgens are around now, got a few on trial.. and theyre eligible to play in the cup matches? whats that all about??

ah.. maybe it could be that bad then.. might be joining you however, my team seems to have forgotten how to defend, how to score, almost how to play the damn game!! worrying run of poor form and defeats here... luckily the two bottom teams are even worse than me, so i might just survive...

4 games left and 8 points clear of 9th place, so i reckon i should be ok..

and ideas on what constitutes being "foreign" in this league?? these regens/newgens. whatever they are, are from cayman islands, but theyre not considered foreign?!

now that i actually think about what im doing, and dont just type away like a muppet.. they all have english as a 2nd nationality... DUH!!! :rolleyes:

well thats the season done, barring the FA cup, but i dont hold much hope for us in that.. forgotten how to score of late. says it all when my top scorer got 5 for the season really! have to put some serious work into strengthening this mob over the "summer" and trying to work out a way to improve the coaching, as i can only have 3 coaches!

league table

well thats the season done, barring the FA cup, but i dont hold much hope for us in that.. forgotten how to score of late. says it all when my top scorer got 5 for the season really! have to put some serious work into strengthening this mob over the "summer" and trying to work out a way to improve the coaching, as i can only have 3 coaches!

league table

Good season rinso:thup:

I hope I can survive:(

pre-season's gone ok, undefeated again, not thaht its anything to go by, and the media certainly dont think so. predicted dead last despite heavy strengthening (or so i thought) of my squad. time will tell i suppose...

"foreign" means not UK or HK or Chinese and have not played long enough to be a citizen there.

So get him on trial!!! They are pretty decent in my game.

Just search nationalty region UK

its counting Chinese players as foreign as well!! and for some reason, my Chinese GK is now counting down days to get English nationality?? as well as counting down to getting Hong Kong nationality... now i'm slightly baffled byt this, have i missed something blatantly obvious?? not like they get BOTH nationalities whilst playing in this league, is it??

no probs, cheers for the info!!

season's just past halfway now, 12 games gone, and sitting mid-table again. just about to start the league cup group stage, which is where it went so badly wrong last season!! we're a canny bit stronger this year i think, we've already won more games than last time out, so things are looking promising. on a side not, i got offered a new contract at the start of the season.. with the same wages and same 2 year plan as originally! still, nice to know theyre wanting to keep me on!!

edit: might as well stick this here...

thats the season over with, finished a creditable 6th this time, a whole 9 points better off than last year! so much for predicted last! hehe always nice to prove the media wrong. hoping for the same kind of improvement next season!

league table

on a slightly more sobering note, we've been losing money hand over fist this season, even though im not even using half my wage budget! the attendances at our "home" games are laughable, i've seen more people in my local on a friday night!! despite this, the board havent arranged any fan days or anything, and we sit (proudly?!) at the foot of the attendances table. its that bad, the team at the top had an average attendance almost 10x ours!! lol

cheers! enjoying this!! not too many games involved atm so the seasons fly past!!!

speaking of which...

league table

another one down!! finished a good solid 5th this time, after telling the board i'd manage mid-table, i couldnt have got it much more right!! got to the finals of the league cup, quarters of the senior shield, and quarters of the FA Cup. looks like we're moving forwards again!!

might manage another season today i think, hard to pull myself away from this, i;ve been up all night, and im off away tonight!!

edit: didnt get chance to finish the season off, but its going very well so far. i think theres about 6 games left, and im currently sitting TOP of the league!! i just hope i dont "do a newcastle" and throw it all away!! i'll post an update when i get back from Latvia.

good luck to everyone else doing this, and dont anybody go winning the league whilst im away!!! :D;)

Archived