rancer890's FM08 Small club from an Asian Country adventure challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unlucky Sazchu, but at least you've started to show that you can compete with some of the bigger teams now.

Hopefully you'll be able to improve on it next year.

don't think i will, as i only got 2nd in the league(3 losses killed me off completely) so i think I'll only get ACC like last time(Dongguan won).

- Kwok Keung Athletic Association - Season 25 2050/51 - Hong Kong First Division -

We fought most the season with Dongguan at the top of the table but a win in our last game against Citizen saw us secure the league 1 point ahead of the dreaded Chinese.

Final League Standings

Cups were decent though 3 draws in the League cup meant that we did not advance, the top4 teams in Hong Kong were all in the same group which made it a fierce competition for the top spots.

As usual we got 3rd place in our ACL group which consisted of Dalian, Suwon, Sriwijaya FC and us(Kwok Keung).

Senior Shield Final - 4:0 v Dongguan

League Cup Group B - 4th, 6 points

FA Cup Final - 2:1 v Lucky Mile

Asian Champions League Group F - 3rd, 5 points

Top Goalscorer - Rodrigo 41

Most Assists - Cheng Chi Wai 21

Highest Avarage Rating - Rodrigo 8.03(32apps)

Fan's Player of the year - Rodrigo

Player & Team Awards 2050/51
Asian Manager of the Year - 1st Kristján Sazchu II
Asian Champions League Top Goalscorer - 1st Rodrigo 
Hong Kong Manager of the Year - 1st Kristján Sazchu II
Hong Kong Footballer of the Year - 1st Rodrigo
Hong Kong Fan's Player of the Year - 1st Cheng Chi Wai, 3rd John Poku
Hong Kong First Division Team of the Year - Paulo(gk), Manoel Teixeira(dr), Pedro(dc), Cheng Chi Wai(mr),
John Poku(mc), Rodrigo(st)
Hong Kong First Division Top Goalscorer - 1st Rodrigo 
Hong Kong Senior Shield Top Goalscorer - 1st Rodrigo, 2nd Chow Kwok Ho
Hong Kong League Cup Top Goalscorer - 3rd Rodrigo
Hong Kong League Cup Best Attacking Player - 3rd Rodrigo
Hong Kong FA Cup Top Goalscorer - 3rd Rodrigo 
Hong Kong FA Cup Best Defensive Player - 1st Pedro, 2nd Manoel Teixeira
Hong Kong FA Cup Best Attacking Player - 1st Rodrigo

Season       Team                League                          Finished
2026/27      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             8th
2027/28      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             8th
2028/29      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             8th
2029/30      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             6th
2030/31      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             7th
2031/32      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             6th
2032/33      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             8th
2033/34      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             6th
2034/35      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             7th
2035/36      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             6th
2036/37      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             4th
2037/38      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             6th
2038/39      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             3rd
2039/40      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             7th
2040/41      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             4th
2041/42      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             3rd
2042/43      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st
2043/44      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st
2044/45      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st
2045/46      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             2nd
2046/47      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st
2047/48      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             2nd
2048/49      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st
2049/50      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st
2050/51      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st

Rizhiquan are now in 3rd with 9 games to go. I've spent more money this year than the other years I've been at Rizhiquan combined. :D (I've spent $2.6 million as Rizhiquan manager, $2 million spent this year).

1st and 2nd place teams are 10 points ahead of me.

INGNEX FC - 2008 Season Update - Korean N-League

First of all let me introduce the manager: Profile

And here the team I took over: INGNEX FC

The team doesnt exist anymore IRL, was almost £500k in debt when I took over, meaning I could only sign two players as the board blocked any moves after that. This is going to be tough. I brought in two very good youngsters from a high school team (seem to be a lot of those in Korea) who were already playing for the U19 National side. The best out of the two, AMC Yoon Bit-Garam has even made his U21 South Korean debut at the age of 18 and was my best player over the course of the season.

The season started reasonably well and we were up to 9th after the halfway stage, but we collapsed in the second part of the season, collecting only 5 points from 11 games and with dropped two places in the last game to finish rock bottom. This was expected though because as I couldnt buy any players I had to make live without any full-backs or DMs in my squad and had to go for a crazy 3-3-3-1 tactic which saw me conceding like crazy.

League Table

I managed to cause an upset by beating K-League side Jeonbuk in the Second Round, but lost 3-1 to Busan in the Third Round.

I managed to get a slightly bigger wage budget for next season which will allow me to sign a couple of players and revert to my trusted 4-1-4-1, I am hoping I can finish off the bottom this year!!

Season       Team                League                 Finished
2008      INGNEX FC          Korean N-League             12th

decent season there corinthiano, well done winning Joenbuk couldnt really expect a win against Busan as they are a pretty good team, hope you can get 9th place or so next season.

Just watched the ACL final(Gamba Osaka beat Adeleide 5-0 on aggregate), next season there will be more teams in the ACL and the final game will no longer be over two legs but one proper final game(like people are used to in the european champions league and cup competition).

Also another change is that a team will be able to have 4 foreign players, 3 normal foreign(non AFC) and one from another country in the AFC.

I hope it is implemented in FM09 so i can maby try it later, the only bad thing is that the big leagues are getting more spots in the ACL and teams from countries like Quatar and Uzbekistan are not getting automaticly into the group stage(i think, if i heard right) so that Japan will have 4 spots in the ACL(Nagoya Grampus Eight will win it the coming season)

Anyway, changes for the better in the ACL which could make this challenge even more fun than it is.

Just watched the ACL final(Gamba Osaka beat Adeleide 5-0 on aggregate), next season there will be more teams in the ACL and the final game will no longer be over two legs but one proper final game(like people are used to in the european champions league and cup competition).

Also another change is that a team will be able to have 4 foreign players, 3 normal foreign(non AFC) and one from another country in the AFC.

I hope it is implemented in FM09 so i can maby try it later, the only bad thing is that the big leagues are getting more spots in the ACL and teams from countries like Quatar and Uzbekistan are not getting automaticly into the group stage(i think, if i heard right) so that Japan will have 4 spots in the ACL(Nagoya Grampus Eight will win it the coming season)

Anyway, changes for the better in the ACL which could make this challenge even more fun than it is.

I heard about this, it's getting expanded to 8 groups of 4, with 8 or so teams in a qualifying stage for only 2 places, and the biggest countries get 4 places. I also think that the holders no longer go straight into the quarter finals, and there will be a round of 16 as well, so easier to get past the group stage.

Just had a look on the AFC website, for next season there will be 4 teams straight into the group stage from Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, Japan, China and S.Korea; 2 from Australia, 1 from Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait and India. 8 teams will play in a play-off to dtermine the last 2 qualifiers: 1 team from Syria, Uzbekistan, Qatar, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam, and the 2 finalists from the previous years AFC Cup (Conf Cup).

Hopefully this will be on FM09.

Yes, I've also heard about the changes for the Asian Champions League. Can't wait to release the FM09 challenge! (with some new things I'm thinking of adding which have already been said) :D

I'll be still playing FM08 when FM09 is released. I'll switch once Lijia and Jinhui's careers finish. :)

Have any of you watched Hong Kong League football on TV? :p

Yes, I've also heard about the changes for the Asian Champions League. Can't wait to release the FM09 challenge! (with some new things I'm thinking of adding which have already been said) :D

I'll be still playing FM08 when FM09 is released. I'll switch once Lijia and Jinhui's careers finish. :)

Have any of you watched Hong Kong League football on TV?

Nope, don't know where to watch it :p I'm guessing it's not the highest quality football in the world though.

I think that the HK league has been expanded to 13 teams since FM08, could be easier to avoid relegation at the start with more poor teams in the league. I think some other Asian leagues have undergone changes as well, looking forward to exploring Asia this weekend :D

I've not watched any Hong Kong football on TV(or over the internet as the only thing showed here is english and italian football and it's really expensive) I've been trying to find something to watch it, I have watched Indian football and that was interesting, here's hoping i can watch a Hong Kong league game sometime soon(preferably where Sun Hei is hammered)

Season 11: Rizhiquan - Chinese Super League (2018)

Media Prediction: 6th

Finishing Position: 4th

Chinese FA Cup: lost in Semi Final to Shangdong

Asian Champions League: 3rd in Group Stage

Transfers/Squad

Transfers

Imported 3 foreigners (Guam striker Lizama, Guam midfielder Sablan, and Macau midfielder Shuai and 2 Chinese defenders.

The notables leaving Rizhiquan include: DC/ST Pei Shuo, Zheng Jiajun (YP2), and ML Huo Ya.

Finances

Finances

Very healthy. The board already promised to improve the training and youth facilities. :D

Club Information

Club Information

Awards

Chinese Player of the Year - Zhu Jinhui - 2nd Place

Chinese Player of the Year - Liu Lijia - 3rd Place

Chinese Young Player of the Year - Yao Xin - 2nd place

Chinese Golden Boot - Liu Lijia - 2nd Place

Manager of the Year - 3rd place :D

Team of the Year - Yao Xin and Thomas Sablan (Beijing bias through the squad :mad:)

Goals for the Future

• Get back to the Champions League! (we didn't qualify this year)
  • Improve facilities

Season        Team          League          Finished
2008          Rizhiquan     Jia League          11th
2009          Rizhiquan     Jia League           8th
2010          Rizhiquan     Jia League           9th
2011          Rizhiquan     Jia League           6th
2012          Rizhiquan     Jia League           5th
2013          Rizhiquan     Jia League           5th
2014          Rizhiquan     Jia League           4th
2015          Rizhiquan     Jia League           2nd
2016          Rizhiquan     Super League         6th
2017          Rizhiquan     Super League         4th
2018          Rizhiquan     Super League         4th

Well theres a bunch of places I need to manage it, I always enjoy a good eastern european one, I still need to get a proper game going in Asia, only played a couple seasons with DPMM (the bruneian team) before. I think if I start in South Africa things could go terribly badly with it being a new game and not having any working tactics :D

Maybe you could look forward to 10 seasons of mid table lower league uselessness from me.

And Quackje wants to also add the South African league to this challenge, to make it a Asian/African challenge. What are all your thoughts about this? (And you better participate in my challenge Quackje if this goes through :p)

I think it's allright, I've personally wanted to try to manage in South Africa and it would be a good idea to have it in this challenge atleast until more leagues in Africa are added, I say why not, could bring more people to this challenge and it wouldnt hurt.

-edit- good result again rancer, getting ever closer to ACL, intereseting to see that you are taking in Guams best players :þ

Good season rancer, nice to see more Guam players.

In case you haven't noticed the lack of updates from me, I've basically called it a day in Malaysia, for the moment at least. We were having another indifferent season, so I've gone back to Guam :D I want to finish the career of this legendary striker I've got, averages over a goal a game, and has won the continental awards on a number of occasions.

I've got no problem with SA being added, it's something different. Wonder if the African Champions League is any easier to win?

I suspect its very difficult JSalter, for one you will face a lot of grey teams, I don't know how 09 deals with that exactly. More importantly South Africa is not a major player in African Champions League. North African sides especially Egyptian and Tunisian have more money and better players and then there is the raw talent of Nigerian and Cameroonian and other west african countries. Even a Zimbabwean team got really far this year in real life and the top Sudanese team Al-Merreikh splash out over £1M on a Nigerian youngster. So I expect it to be pretty tricky with resistance all over the place, maybe like trying to do Europe with a team in Belgium or something like that.

I suspect its very difficult JSalter, for one you will face a lot of grey teams, I don't know how 09 deals with that exactly. More importantly South Africa is not a major player in African Champions League. North African sides especially Egyptian and Tunisian have more money and better players and then there is the raw talent of Nigerian and Cameroonian and other west african countries. Even a Zimbabwean team got really far this year in real life and the top Sudanese team Al-Merreikh splash out over £1M on a Nigerian youngster. So I expect it to be pretty tricky with resistance all over the place, maybe like trying to do Europe with a team in Belgium or something like that.

That actually sounds like fun, reminds me of the likes of Iceland or Hong Kong in their respective competitions, could be alot of fun as you wont be dominating africa(I expected from the start that nations like Nigeria, Egypt, Tunis, Marokko would be a challenge).

If South Africa is included in the challenge next year then it might be the first place i'd try in fm09(when/if i get it, now people don't know if it'll be here tomorrow or even next week)

I suspect its very difficult JSalter...

If I remember rightly it's Al Ahly of Egypt that have dominated in recent years, don't remember any South African teams winning it for some time now. So it would be tricky, but not impossible; I think there's at least 2 knockout rounds to start with, so could get a kind draw, and then you're in the last 8 and the group stage, so anything can happen.

Might give it a go in SA sometime.

Hey everyone! After a short abscence, I'm back. Wanted to wait till 09 came out. Got it at cut-price from Morrisons where I work.

Can anyone update me on everything? I need to know what everyone's doing.

I take it this is the same concept as it was on 09.

VVV, I'm writing out the FM09 Challenge right now!!! Will get it up ASAP. :)

It's up right now. The wait is over. Let the Challenge begin. :D

rancer, couldnt it be a good idea to get the mods to close this thread and allow people who are currently on fm08(*points at self*) just to post in the fm09 thread, just to save space and time, as it's easier to look through one topic than two(even though i wont be playing fm09 sonn probably i'd like to read how people are doing there.

or somewhat something, just something that popped in my mind.

*guess i gotta go and start updating people on how my team is doing, i'm a few seasons behind by now*

rancer, couldnt it be a good idea to get the mods to close this thread and allow people who are currently on fm08(*points at self*) just to post in the fm09 thread, just to save space and time, as it's easier to look through one topic than two(even though i wont be playing fm09 sonn probably i'd like to read how people are doing there.

or somewhat something, just something that popped in my mind.

*guess i gotta go and start updating people on how my team is doing, i'm a few seasons behind by now*

That wouldn't be such a bad idea...I'll post in the Mod Requests thread about this. :thup:

Archived