• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rizhiquan 2009 Season (season 2)

Media Prediction: 14th

Finishing Position: 8th

FA Cup: lost in 1st Round

Overall

A very good season. I met my expectations this year of a mid-table finish. My home (2 losses) and away records (2 wins) are mirrors of each other. I might switch tactics to a 442 defensive permanently next season considering we seem to be scoring more than my 2-3-2-3 tactic. We scored 15 goals in 4 games using the 442 defensive :)

Squad

Squad

The late squad additions from my parent club Guangzhou really helped propel us into 8th, especially ST Li Zhixing's 7 goals in 8 games. Of those on permanent contracts, late signing ST Zhang Yuan's goals were vital. Next year, I hope to get better players on permanent contracts, especially strikers and midfielders. Also wouldn't mind signing midfielder Hao Minhui on a permanent contract. I loaned him from lower leaguers Liming.

Transfers

Transfers

Brought in many new players, including a couple from my parent club who played with us last year. The late signing and loans really improved my squad and I will look to build on it. I am not hesitent to sell anyone on my team, but only at the right price.

Finances

Finances

Very healthy as usual :). A bit over my wage budget which annoyed the board. But they should probably know I can give them a big profit every year by now :D

Other

Club Information

Team Stats Really happy we led the league in goals :)

Player Stats

Goals for next year:

• fight for promotion
  • another 100k-200k profit
  • do better on the road and aim for an unbeaten home record
  • improve facilities

rancer890's Asian adventure

Season 1 (2008): First Division (11th)

Season 2 (2009): First Division (8th)

Liu Lijia seems to be able to get pretty good in the future(what does your coach say?) wouldnt mind him in my team, would fight well for the two striker positions, though he couldnt be in the match team becaus it's full of foreigners by now ^^

None Brasilian though so they are not 'THAT' good :þ

- Sazchu - Season 2008/09 - Kwai Tsing District Football Association - Hong Kong First Division -

My first season in charge at Kwai Tsing District Football Association with just a few players in the team i had to get to the transfer market and strengthen the squad before the battle at hand to try and survive in the First Division, something i knew from the start would not be easy.

In our first game in the league we sent a shockwave through the Hong Kong football world(or atleast our supporters base) when we beat Happy Valley 2-1 and made one think if we could actually suprise everyone by doing good in the league, we were taken back down to earth and a few meters below the surface as we met Eastern in our second game, a 2-6 loss showed that we would have a tough season ahead of us.

We went through the season getting a win here and there and all in all the season was pretty mixed, as the season ended we celebrated 8th place and survival for atleast another year, but only just.

Final League Standings

We Played Tai Chung in the Senior shield and were quite dissapointing losing 0-2.

Senior Shield 1st Rnd

In the League Cup we were in group B and finished bottom with one draw and three losses the only point coming against Workable.

League Cup Group B

In the third and final cup, the FA Cup we played against Workable but we didn't do aswell against them as we had done in the League cup, losing 1-3.

FA Cup 1st Rnd

All in all i'm really happy that we survived and am sure that we can do better next season(don't count on it, failed the last two times i said that).

Fan's Player of the year profile

Fan's Player of the year career stats

Best IX

- Sazchu - Season 2009/10 - Kwai Tsing District Football Association - Hong Kong First Division -

The second season as a manager at Kwai Tsing i was hoping to do a little bit better than the first one, even if it meant getting just 8th place i'd be happy with being a little bit further away from relegation than the previous season.

Like the first season this one started with a 2-1 win before a loss, this season had mixed results but saw some good wins inbetween most of them against the two teams that would be relegated though.

Throughout the season there was never any danger of being relegated with Fukien and Lucky Mile(who isn't lucky) getting only 3 and 2 points and both scoring less than 10 goals, so being safe from relegation I set the target for 7th place to try and do one better than the previous season, in the end we managed to get 6th place a pretty good final standing and something i think noone expected except our fans, which consists of old man Lau and his dog.

Final League Standings

Yet again we played in the cups, the Senior Shield saw us getting all the way to the semi-finals by beating Lucky Mile 2-0 in the 1st round and hammering Rangers(HKG) in the quarter final before losing to Kitchee.

Senior Shield Semi-Finals

The League cup was pretty similar to the previous season three losses but this time we got one win, over Workable to finish 4th in our group.

League Cup Group B

The third and final cup, the FA Cup saw us getting a 2-1 victory over Lucky Mile in the 1st round before losing to Happy Valley, 1-2 in the quarter final.

FA Cup Quarter-Finals

A pretty good season all in all with a record high 6th in the league aswell as doing better in all the cups than the previous year.

Squad end of season

Best IX

Best IX overall

the foreigners in my team are.

4 Bermudans (all from HKFC)

1 Chinese

1 Japanese

1 Ghana

1 Nigeria

1 Turks & Caicos Islands.

actually one more Bermudan and one more Turks & Caicos in reserves, but they will be leaving as soon as their contracts end.

Your youngsters are essential for this challenge. You have to win the World Cup with them. (if you ever reach step 4 to begin with:p)

But firstly, you have to get some revenue in. I build all my teams the same way, and I succeed most of the time (except that HK experience :().

I think you can win the league if you have steady improvements in finances. :)

And of course, if you get a Liu Lijia-lookalike, it wouldn't hurt :p

yeah, only problem is that the finances even though they are steady it's not much money each season, do you know how much you get for playing in the asian champions league ? same as the european or less?.

I'd love a Liu Lijia-lookalike, or two :þ

Well, as long as your finances are better than your opponents, you should be ok :p

And prize money for the AFC Champions League is a lot less than the UEFA one. Info

Not totally sure how much TV revenue you will get.

If you stay mid-table, your reputation should increase, and you will get more attendance and season-ticket sales. You should see the results from your hard work soon if you keep it up.:)

- Sazchu - Season 2010/11 - Kwai Tsing District Football Association -

The goal for season 3 was simple, 6th place or higher and with that we decided to change tradition and lose the first game, though i think noone expected a win in the first game since it was against current champions South China, we went on to have a pretty similar season as the last one, getting a win draw and loss inbetween all season no massive streaks of any sort, our longest streak was 3 lost games in a row but in the end it didn't matter becaus like last season we secured a comfortable 6th place finish in the league a place that seems like we are getting used to, though i hope to be a few places higher within a few season.

Final League Standings

Now onward to the cups.

In the Senior Shield we suffered an embarrasing 1-0 loss against Tung Po, I was far from happy with getting a loss against a much weaker team in the first round, but what can you do.

Senior Shield 1st Round

In the league cup we followed the same pattern of losing three games and only getting points against Workable.

League Cup Group A

FA Cup, with a game against Tung Po in the first round of the FA Cup i set the goal to win them to get revenge for the Senior Shield, but the game was pretty even through it all and with scores at 0-0 after 90 minutes we went to extra time, a goal on the 110th minute made it look like we had gotten our revenge, though it would be in extra time but... lady luck does not like us and hence they scored at 118th minute forcing the game to penalties, where we won 3-1.

In the Quarter Finals we met Rangers(HKG) a team that has always been pretty equal match against us, as was with the game in the first round the game was at a tie after 90 minutes, and after extra time which meant penalty once again.

This time we werent as good in the penalties losing 2-4.

FA Cup Quarter Final

A good season despite dissapointment in the Senior Shield but we did what we set out to do at the start of the season which was a 6th place or higher finish in the League, we also picked up third place in the Fair Play after Happy Valley and Eastern.

Squad end of season

Best XI

Best XI overall

To end this season report i present you a player who came through my youth system this season, a player my assistant manager says can be a leading star in the First Division in the future, I think he might be right.

Yip Ka Chun

I know what you mean, though i hope in the future when i've won the HK league(if ever) that i can produce nice youngsters who can play for my main squad to have as few foreigners as possible but still dominate everything in HK

But then other clubs will also be stronger and be able to buy better players too.

- Sazchu - Season 2011/12 - Kwai Tsing District Football Association -

As season 4 started we went back to our tradition of winning our first game of the season, this time 4-0 against Rangers(HKG) and that was a sign of things to come, we went the next thirteen games losing only once, to powerhouse South China, a season which before it started had had us hoping to get 5th place but by now we were battling it out for second place, a place noone not even the biggest optimist would've give us any chance of being, maby 4th if we would be lucky, but 2nd not a chance.

As the season got closer to the end South China took a good lead in the league and as expected won it all, but as the season ended we celebrated an unlikely 2nd place finish, a record high for Kwai Tsing and something that will always be special for the players that took part, the season where they defied the odds.

Final League Standings

From the celebration off a good league finish to the more serious matter of cups...

Like the season before the Senior Shield was nothing but trouble, by just getting through the first round after winning Hong Kong Football Club 6-5 on penalties(1-1 after 90 minutes and extra time) we met Eastern in the Quarter finals, the game was dominated through and through by Eastern which in the end got a 3-1 deserving win.

Senior Shield Quarter Final

Though we have never done well in the League cup i have to say that we have never been as embarrased, with our only points coming in draws against Kitchee and Fukien we were quite unhappy, as Fukien and Lucky Mile were a team we were supposed to get 3 points against, an easy win if you will, but as before you never know what will happen in football, and we finished 4th in our group as usual.

League Cup Group A

In the FA Cup we got our revenge over Lucky Mile from the League cup as we beat them without any problems 3-0 in the first round, the second round was bound to be lost as wel met Southern China, a 0-2 loss against them meant that once again we were out of a cup in the Quarter Finals.

FA Cup Quarter Final

A great season in the league, not really good as usual in the cups, but they don't matter.

Thanks to our second place in the league we'll most likely playing some continental football next season, something which is bound to be a huge boost for the club both in reputation and financially.

Fan's Player of the year career history

Squad end of season

Best XI

Best XI overall

Our players(one of them) also picked up a few awards aswell as the club getting 3rd place again in the league's Fair Play awards.

FA Cup best attacking player

FA Cup top goalscorer

Hmmmm, having read over the first post again i stopped at your altered rules about the national team, does that mean i can't manage the club and the national team at the same time(after i've finished the first 3 steps ofcourse.) ?

Well, you can manage club and national team together, but only within 5 years of completing step 3.

And please don't cheat if you become manager within 5 years (as in sticking big international clauses when you sell your players).

After 5 years, you are allowed to take over the national team but you're not allowed to control 2 managers.

Well, you can manage club and national team together, but only within 5 years of completing step 3.

And please don't cheat if you become manager within 5 years (as in sticking big international clauses when you sell your players).

After 5 years, you are allowed to take over the national team but you're not allowed to control 2 managers.

so if i don't get the job within 5 years i'm forced to quit the club to manage the national team?

I'd never think of cheating like that, would ruin the fun.

Thanks, yeah i hope i can win it within a few seasons though i'm not expecting as good final results in this (the 5th season) becaus i think 4th season was really just a fluke.

Well, you don't HAVE to quit but I'm giving people the option to quit their managerial post if they want to get to step 4 quicker.

It probably isn't a fluke. The first time I went undefeated at home (with the Wombles), I played another season and went undefeated again :D

ok good, was a bit worried there for a tiny bit.

As things are going now it's a fluke as i've played 6 games with 1-2-3 record, one of the draws is a very dissapointing 1-1 draw against newly promoted Double Flower, just hope i can get better later in the season to rise to 4th-6th.

Archived