rancer890's FM08 Small club from an Asian Country adventure challenge

Dollars to Sterling is what 2:1 so you've got £350,000ish. I have £900,000 in the bank...financial wise a little while yet til you achieve pro status

£550,000 ($1.1 million US) to go then...minimum 5 more years of semi-pro.:(

Another great season rinso :thup:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, what a fantastic season that turned out to be!! unbelieveable.

acl > winners

club world championship > 3rd

league > winners league table

fa cup > winners

senior shield > winners

league cup > winners

acl > for the current c/l campaign, as winners, i dont participate in the group stage!!! :D

no, your eyes do not decieve you, we did win the champions league, although im not sure how we did it. im certain my opponents will have been very very unhappy. no doubt they will have been on the AI forums of the game, bemoaning human superkeepers, and how the game is biased in favour of the human players... :D:D

final leg 1 final leg 2

im still not sure how to describe the win. bad goalkeeping from them? amazing finishing from us? pure luck? destiny?

anyways, all that matters is... WE WON!!!

went into the club world championship just a few days after the final, came up against Osaka again in the first round, and only just scraped through, scored twice late on to win 2-1.

then came Independiente in the semi-finals. unfortunately, they proved too strong for us on the day, although with more than a little help from the referee. we did everything we could, managed to take them to extra time, but the ref gave them a dodgy penalty with just a few moments left, and that was it. a very creditable 4-3 defeat, and into the 3rd place playoff against Kaizer Chiefs.

looked as though the match against Independiente had taken a lot out of us, as they surged into a 2-0 lead inside the first ten minutes. luckily, we got one back after 16, and it stayed that way till late on again. the scored an own goal in the 72nd minute, and all of a sudden, we were level! the players seemed to find new belief from somewhere, and we snatched an 89th minute winner!! suffice to say, i was doin "the happy dance" for quite some time last night!!

domestically, not much has changed really. ive lost a right winger, a striker, and a centre-back, but managed to get a total fee of £3m for them, and a friendly vs Bordeax is supposed to be arranged as well. we shall see about that one...

the remaining players have coped very well with their loss, so i havent needed to bring anyone else in. hopefully i wont be losing too many more players, but you can never be sure. having said that, my gk and a couple of others have been quoted in the media as saying they want to move to bigger clubs, so we will have to see what transpires through the summer.

finances are looking great, helped by the acl win, and the adventure into the cwc. have asked the board once again to improve facilities and expand stadium, and they have gareed to all three, so as long as planning permission doesn tget refused, they should make a decent sized hole in the bank balance.

one thing to note is, despite the acl win, and getting to the semi's of the cwc, we're still only a club with a "national" reputation. club value has rocketed this season though, around £13m atm

and we STILL cant win every game....

home screen

edit: the board are upgrading the stadium by 1500 seats this time, and working on facilities in close season.

had to accept an offer for my gk :( £1m plus friendly and a back up defender, and my star striker! *sigh*

Chairman just accepted a 1.3m bid for my best player. Kunt. Guo Deming has scored 20 in 27 games so far this season. Thankfully the transfer window was closed so got him until the end of the season. Not pleased but i should be able to replace him with a similar player if the season ends the way it is now.

another season out the way, and we failed to live up to the heights of last time around, by quite some way.

home screen

finances

club info

league > winners table

senior shield > semi-finals, once again hampered by the hk/canton cup match, which is getting beyond ridiculous. i lost so many players, that out of a 36 man squad, i still ended up having a few greys in my team! ridiculous. bring back the ability to ask the FA to postpone games.... :mad: :mad:

league cup > winners

fa cup > winners

champions league > semi finals

champions league > group stage

also lost 5 of my first team squad, so the season wasn't as comfortable as it should have been, but still managed to win a fair few things domestically. struggled in the c/l though, and definitely need to look at strengthening for next years campaign.

need to be bringing in some more players, as some will be getting the axe from my squad we've started to go backwards a bit, so its clearly time to change things. need to bring in some more firepower, as my main striker is now 31, and i don't have much back up for him at all, apart from a 17 y/o Hong Kong striker, who is a tad young to be throwing straight in if my main guy gets injured.

will continue to nurture and (hopefully) progress my two youth-teamer, who have both made a handful of appearances for the 1st team this year, although my dm, Gallagher suffered a hip injury towards the end of the season so i hope it doesnt set him back too much. Hubbard is showing steady improvement, and has played well when he's been given the chance.

board have agreed to look into expanding the stadium (again) might as well get it done while we're getting below-capacity attendances, then we dont lose out too much i suppose...

one other thing, we set a new record result this time around, a 12-0 win, away from home! not bad to say we missed a penalty and had at least one more disallowed that i saw... :D

and, incidentally... 98 games unbeaten!

2015 - Hangzhou - Chinese Super League

Media Prediction - 10th

Final Position - 1st League Table

Transfer Budget - 0k

Wage Budget - 12.41k p/w

League

Another fantastic season for Hangzhou as we managed to win the league. We didn't have the best of starts but managed to pick up form and a great go on a 15 game unbeaten run to push us to the top of the league. We managed to stay there for the last 11 games, fighting off threats from Beijing and Shandong. Our success was down to great team work and Guo Deming, with his goal contribution. Defensively we were a stronger unit but didn't necessarily cut out the goals. There are still a couple of key positions that i need to improve.

Positions Graph

Cup

1st Round Hangzhou 2-0 Locomotive

2nd Round Beijing 2-3 Hangzhou (e/t)

3rd Round Lost 4-3 on aggregate to Shandong

The away game was the killer game really. We lost the tie 4-2, they were a strong side and we was lucky for a 1-0 home win.

Transfers/Squad

We spent a record total of 52k this season. 5 players came in. A new LB, MR, AMC, GK and a young AMC. 10 players out, Yu Hai the most notable so far for 300k, the other 9 players of free transfers. The sad thing of the sale of Yu Hai was that the chairman accepted the bid. He has also accepted a bid for Guo Deming for 1.3m. Fantastic money wise, but he was my best player for nearly 4 seasons. Scoring 74 goals in 120 games.

Transfers

Squad+Stats

Top Scorer - Guo Deming, 22

Most Assists - Qu Xiaohui, 9

MOM - Guo Deming, 7

Ave Rating - Zeng Hao, 7.63

Again average attendance was up on last year but not by many. Also season ticket sales were into the 500s mark.

Average Attendance
2011 - 624 (+72)
2012 - 564 (-60)
2013 - 2084 (+1520)
2014 - 4054 (+1970)
2015 - 4172 (+118)

Finances increased by over half a million this season. Due to player sales and league win bonuses.

Manager Profile

Manager Of The Month August

Manager Of The Year

Aims for next seaon

• Achieve similar position this coming season.
  • Enjoy the Asian Competition.

Season Team                League              Finished
2008   Hangzhou            Jia League          12th
2009   Hangzhou            Jia League          11th
2010   Hangzhou            Jia League          9th
2011   Hangzhou            Jia League          5th
2012   Hangzhou            Jia League          3rd
2013   Hangzhou            Jia League          1st
2014   Hangzhou            Super League        4th
2015   Hangzhou            Super League        1st

the c/l is quite fun actually, ive enjoyed playing in it, although its bloody confusing with the way the hong kong season runs... i can be just starting a season in h/k but still playing last season's champions league fixtures! lol

Well done on winnig the league ToMexico.

Now about that report about the last few seasons with Kwai Tsing i'll try to throw it up the next few days, been in a little bit of fm08 denial since i was sacked, but i have decided that i gotta move on and am starting a new game in Hong Kong as i like the league(though i hate some teams like Sun Hei) and hope that i can get a team to do better than i did with Kwai Tsing in it.

Well done on winnig the league ToMexico.

Now about that report about the last few seasons with Kwai Tsing i'll try to throw it up the next few days, been in a little bit of fm08 denial since i was sacked, but i have decided that i gotta move on and am starting a new game in Hong Kong as i like the league(though i hate some teams like Sun Hei) and hope that i can get a team to do better than i did with Kwai Tsing in it.

i agree with you about Sun Hei, im really starting to take a dislike to them, along with my bogey team Dongguan. sun have come a long quite well in the last season or two, and theyre getting very difficult to beat.

really enjoying my time in h/k though, its by far the longest i've ever played one save for, although i think thats mainly down to the duration of the season. 3 days playing time, and im into 2021... in any of my usual save games, id be lucky to be out of the 2nd season!

edit: i forgot to mention on my update... i got at least 5 youth team players through who look like theyre worth keeping on, so it seems the money spent on upgrading the facilities was well spent. even if i still dont have a youth coach...

i agree with you about Sun Hei, im really starting to take a dislike to them, along with my bogey team Dongguan. sun have come a long quite well in the last season or two, and theyre getting very difficult to beat.

really enjoying my time in h/k though, its by far the longest i've ever played one save for, although i think thats mainly down to the duration of the season. 3 days playing time, and im into 2021... in any of my usual save games, id be lucky to be out of the 2nd season!

edit: i forgot to mention on my update... i got at least 5 youth team players through who look like theyre worth keeping on, so it seems the money spent on upgrading the facilities was well spent. even if i still dont have a youth coach...

Yeah i also dislike Dongguan, becaus they come up to the league and they are a dominant team with many good chinese youths every year coming up which gives them a great advantage over all the other teams in the league, in my save Dongguan won the league their 2nd season in it after getting i think 2nd or 3rd the season before.

yep thats definitely true on my save as well. also the fact that the buggers kept beating me. it took a very long time before i was in front on the "head to head" stats. they always manage to spoil my season in one way or another. either scoring so i dont go the whole season without conceding, or drawing against me so i dont get 18 wins out of 18, or knock me out of one of the cups. i can guarantee its always them...

I have holidayed through the first season which saw Dongguan and Workable being relegated and i've taken over at Tung Po Athletic Association, the chairman is allready looking to step down.

:D:thup: great news that Dongguan got relegated!! good luck this time around!! :thup:

it did take a while for it to happen, but then it seemed to take forever to turn the club professional.

some of it could be down to the leagues reputation, not just the club. despite winning the acl, and coming 3rd in the club world championship, HKFC still only have a "national" reputation.

i always try to get as many staff from nations other than where my club is based, although event hat took a while in this game. should be some chinese staff willing to sign for you after a season or two i think....

meet my new goalkeeper... Zilic aston villa wanted one of my youth products, gallagher, and offered this guy in exchange... he rejected the first contract, but was prepared to negotiate.. and on the 2nd attempt he accepted!!

lol im actually amazed he decided to swap birmingham for hong kong, but there ya go!! disappointed to lose one of my youth team products, but i think itll be worth it in the long run. my rb (hubbard) has ben a regular this season, and is playing very well so far. those who came through the ranks last close-season are either in my "b" team, or loaned out to lucky mile, who are also in the 1st division.

have had lucky mile as a feeder for a long time (since 2005 acc to screen) and the link has not been cancelled despite the fact we both play in the same divison. im not complaining though, as it gives a lot of my hot prospects a good chance to gain some first team experience....

ill dig out the screenies of the latest youth-teamers too, i forgot to do that as well... theres what comes of working and fm'ing at the same time...

Most of my staff all rejected part-time contracts (except one). How much more than their current wage should I offer so they are willing to sign full-time contracts?

the staff are usually the worst to get onto full-time from my experience.... dont worry about them, concentrate on the players...

the staff are usually the worst to get onto full-time from my experience.... dont worry about them, concentrate on the players...

My 'star' defender already rejected a full-time contract. I did sign 2 players to F/T contracts though (ST Zhang Yuan and a CM who's my captain). I guess I can try signing the players I signed from Chinese Super League clubs to F/T contracts...

try giving them a bit of a wage increase... worked with some of my more reluctant players... eg: player was on £75/w p/t... gav ehim £100 f/t... see if he accepts... some will, some wont.. also depends on what sort of leeway board have given you with wage budget

try giving them a bit of a wage increase... worked with some of my more reluctant players... eg: player was on £75/w p/t... gav ehim £100 f/t... see if he accepts... some will, some wont.. also depends on what sort of leeway board have given you with wage budget

Ok, I'll try and give everyone I want to keep next year a 25% increase.

And we scored 2 goals in the 90th minute and extra time to win a game.:D

1st EDIT: Starting AMC signs F/T contract. I gave him nearly a 50% raise.

2nd EDIT: Starting DL signs F/T contract. ST Liu Yang rejects F/T contract.

6 players and 4 staff members have signed full-time contracts thus far.:)

well its a start!! i couldnt get any staff onto full-time contracts until the club actually turned pro! i got all but 6 of the players onto them though iirc...

Ok, g'nite rinso. Can't wait for a bunch of updates to come when I log back on tomorrow.:D

there'll be an update soon... dont think itll be much of one though, as i cant remember whats happened this season... i played a lot further into it than i thought i had. beer n fm dont mix well.... :o

season report: 2021/22

league: winners

league cup: winners

fa cup: winners

senior shield: winners

champ. lg: group stage

money

home

lost my damn fine unbeaten record to Dongguan, so the main target for this season, understandably, is... beat them, whatever the cost. annihilate 'em. kill 'em. no, imnot bitter at all... it was only 115 games...

Well done rinso, 115 games is still quite an achievement :thup:

Just started the new league season. A nice win to settle us into it all. Group stages for the Champions League have been drawn, got Vietnams; Gach Dong Tam Long An, Japans; Saitama Utd and South Korea's; Seongnam. From what i can see i should qualify for the next round.

After the debacle of my chairman selling Deming, i have been unable to replace him at all. There are no decent replacements to someone of such quality. I don't even have a back up striker. Just 2 in my first team. Both capable of scoring but not 20+ in a season.

Well, halfway through the season and i was doing horrible with Tai Po... so i've decided that i'm gonna do what i had decided after i was fired from Kwai Tsing, continue in the same save just take over a new team.... after countless restarts only one team came into the league that had never been there before, so i will try and do my best with Kwok Keung, if i fail with that then i guess i'll have to do a cointoss to decide a league to play in next, or maby just take a break until fm09.

The team is ofcourse Tung Po not Tai Po

Thought i'd give you all a rundown of my squad and its players.

GK - Xiaotian - Signed from Dongli on a free. His 7th season with Hangzhou.

Apps |C/S |AveRating
188  |48  |6.78

DR - Ruslan - New signing from PSM in Indonesia. Looking for him to settle into that RB spot for a number of seasons to come. Already has 4 international caps and a goal to his name.

DL - Li Peng - Signed for 30k from Guangzhou, 2 years ago. LB is a problem position for me and he is the best i can afford to sign at the moment.

Apps | Goals | Assists | MOM | AveRating
37   | 0     | 2       |  1  | 6.81

CB - Yaodong - Signed in 2012 on a free from Chengdu. Has good stats but his form is inconsistent. Hopefully with age he will improve. Rejecting bids of 150k+

116  | 5     | 3       |  1  | 6.93

CB - Zhiming - At the time he was our record signing. We splashed 26k on the young CB from Shenzhen. In and out of the squad over his 3 seasons with us so far. Rejecting bids of 80k+

38   | 0     | 1       |  0  | 6.73

MC - Viquez - This Costa Rican utility player started of at RB when he first joined for free from Saprissa. Since the arrival of Ruslan this season, i've moved the adaptable player to MC.

43   | 2     | 2       |  0  | 7.04

MR - Li Jun - Signed in 2013 from Locomotive. Jun has played in either RM or AMC. Still only 21 and his stats are improving. Rejecting bids of 70k+

68   | 9     | 14      |  8  | 7.11

ML - Zeng Hao - A product of the youth team. Zeng looked a class act in the U19s and his performances were recognized and he made the step up. Although since he came into the first team his stats really haven't improved much. Currently rejecting bids of 500k for him.

22   | 3     | 5       |  3  | 7.28

AMC - Xiaohui - Bought for 1k from Chongqing last year. Slotted straight into AMC and never looked back. His value has soared to 325k.

36   | 18    | 10      |  6  | 7.66

ST - Sheng - Into his 8th season now. Top scorer for Hangzhou now after the sale of Deming. Chairman tried to sell him too, but i offered him a new contract and he stayed thank god.

203  | 90    | 37      |  16 | 7.11

ST - Erdenebayar - One of Two Mongolians in the squad. Signed on a free as he was unnattached. Starting his 3rd season with Hangzhou and has got him a starting place. Was used as a substitute before hand.

20   | 1     | 4       |  0  | 6.42

Subs

Enkhtur - RB

Tao - CB

Fu Lei - LM

Gomez - MC

Tiangang - MR

Zhang Wei - AMC

Season 5: Rizhiquan (2012)

Media Prediction: 8th

Finishing Position: 5th

FA Cup: lost 5-0 to Wuhan (1st round)

League

Didn't start off very well (we never do...). After a 1-0 loss to Sichuan, I criticized my defenders. We then went on a 7 game unbeaten streak. The rest of the season went pretty well.:)

League Highlights

• my good away form
  • 5th place finish

League Lowlights

• Wuhan

Transfers/Squad

Transfers

Squad

As cheap as I usually am, I decided that I had to upgrade my squad through buying another player. I signed GK Sun Shijing for $6k. DC Shao Xiaolong was released from Dalian and I quickly snapped him up on a free transfer. He has 4 U21 caps for China so I think he has great potential. I also believe that ST Liu Yang will be a good signing for the club with young strikers Zhang Yuan (23) and Liu Lijia (19).

Key Player

An Shuai - scored nearly as much as Yuan (8) and also added 7 assists.

Key Youngster

Liu Lijia - I started him in most games and he didn't disappoint. His best season ever, scoring 7 goals and getting 3 assists. He also got 3 Man of the Match Awards.

Finances

Finances

Making another consistent profit.:)

The kit sponsorship ends this year at $23.74k, so I hope the next sponsorship would be a decent amount.:)

Club Information

Club Information

Awards

Rizhiquan was 3rd place in Team Fair Play Award.

Looking at the Future

• keep making money to hopefully become professional
  • compete for promotion

Season        Team          League          Finished
2008          Rizhiquan     Jia League          11th
2009          Rizhiquan     Jia League           8th
2010          Rizhiquan     Jia League           9th
2011          Rizhiquan     Jia League           6th
2011          Rizhiquan     Jia League           5th

Archived