rancer890's FM08 Small club from an Asian Country adventure challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice going there, 5th place!! getting better and better. you're getting close to the promotion places, and maybe a good start to the season might see you clinch one!

sponsorships dont seem to bring much in, ive noticed that, well, nowhere near what you get in European leagues anyways. im getting £50-£60k for two year deals, but its up and down... £60k is the most ive had..

Chairman is being a noob again. Accepted another bid for a player. Albeit its for £1,000,000 for a 325k valued player. Plus he's injured. And i only signed him 1k. But he had score 7 in 7 from AMC with 6 assists. Will get 700k of that fee so will now have 1mil to replace him and Deming who went last season.

After pre-season, Liu Lijia (YP1) has won the starting striker position, and Zheng Jiajun (YP2) has made my starting lineup.:)

I want to give DC Yang Jin (YP3) maybe another season in the U19s, and I might give him some games this season.

- Sazchu - Kwok Keung Athletic Association - season 1 2026/27 -

My first season at Kwok Keung and as expected we were fighting bravely against relegation, but we managed to survive, just barely.

Final League Standings

I have decided to start doing smaller summaries than i did with Kwai Tsing, therefore i wont write anything about the cups expect where i got( like, Senior Shield - Quarter Final - 0-7 v South China)

But i will also write up a list of top goalscorers assists and avarage ratings.

I actually forgot to take any screenshots during the first season, so the only one will be the screenshot i took of the league later on(kinda gives it away that i survived the 2nd season, not that it matters as that will come soon up aswell.)

Cups

Senior Shield 1st Rnd - 2:2(2-3p) v Rangers(HKG)

League Cup Group A - 5th 1point

FA Cup Semi Final - 3:4 v South China

Top Goalscorer

Tom Elliott 6

Most Assists

Chen Chi Wai 8

Highest Avarage Rating

Qi Zhang 6.87(13 apps)

Fan's Player of the year

Qi Zhang

- Kwok Keung Athletic Association - Season 2 2027/28 - Hong Kong First Division -

Yet again we were predicted bottom place but some decent results(including a 9-5 win against HKFC after being under 3-4 in HT) kept us never in danger of being relegated, we didnt do better than expected though by getting 8th place again, our goal is to slowly climb up the table, even if it takes us 20 seasons to get to stable 3rd-5th.

Final League Standings

One interesting thing about the 70 goals of South China.. 26 of those goals came in 12 games from one player, he then left for Dortmund.

Cups

Senior Shield Quarter Final - 0:4 v HKFC

League Cup Group B - 4th, 4 points

FA Cup 1st Rnd - 0:1(OG) v Double Flower

Top Goalscorer

Ben Davison 15

Most Assists

Richard Daniels 7

Highest Avarage Rating

Ben Davison 7.21(19 apps)

Fan's Player of the year

Ben Davison

One thing that is partly sad to see, yet at the same time a great thing to see, one of my favourite FM player of all time, Abdulai Seidu, who played for 18 years under my managment at Kwai Tsing has retired, it marks the first time i have brought in a player who plays for more than 10 years under my control, unfourtunetly he did not decide to be in contact with football as an employment anymore.

I have a tough decision to make.

Wuhan has offered me $500k for my star striker Zhang Yuan (worth $26k). It seems like a no-brainer but I really don't want to sell him. He's only 24.

I don't mind the money but...

EDIT: I've sold him to 1st place Wuhan:(...

Here's what I get:

$500k

50% sell-on clause

$975k buy back clause

$500k if Wuhan win promotion

I think Wuhan should win promotion (10 points ahead of 3rd place with 10 games to go), which is why I put the clause in the first place.:D

AND if I have any regrets about this transfer, I can always get Yuan back...:D

One thing is for sure, I have a much greater chance to become professional after this season.

My team hasn't missed him much. Lijia and Yang are scoring combined 1 goal a game these days, and Zheng Jiajun (Youth Player 2) is scoring as well as he's my 1st striker option off the bench.:D

EDIT: Current Table

We might be joining Wuhan and Yuan if we keep winning.:D

Season 6: Rizhiquan (2013)

Media Prediction: 6th

Final Position: 5th

FA Cup: lost 3-1 to Beijing in 1st Round

League

We had a decent start for once! Of course, we had to have a horrible end to the season...

League Highlights

• competed with the top teams most of the season

League Lowlights

• we didn't get all the points against the teams below us

Transfers/Squad

Transfers

Squad

My major transfer was of course ST Zhang Yuan. I got over US$1 million for him. His replacement, Wang Jun, did decent. He had a slow start but he came on strong at the end of the season. Liu Lijia took the starting job, and ran with it, leading the club in goals. DC Shao Xiaolong has also been very solid.

Key Player

AMC An Shuai - scored 4 goals and added 11 assists in 24 games. Led the team with a 7.25 rating.

Key Youngster

ST Liu Lijia - 20 year old led the club in goals.

Finances

Finances

Club Information

Club Information

Awards

DC Shao Xiaolong named in Chinese National First Division Team of the Year

Rizhiquan 2nd place in Fair Play Award

Goals for the Future

• Promotion!
  • Become Professional!

Season        Team          League          Finished
2008          Rizhiquan     Jia League          11th
2009          Rizhiquan     Jia League           8th
2010          Rizhiquan     Jia League           9th
2011          Rizhiquan     Jia League           6th
2012          Rizhiquan     Jia League           5th
2013          Rizhiquan     Jia League           5th

Guest roberto922

Say hello to Hugh Jarse, the new manager of Kwok Keung Athletic Association. Ufortunately the board are fed up with me already so the future doesn't look too bright to be honest! I'm having a nightmare trying to find an assistant at the moment, every decent one doesn't wanna come. At the moment the squad is absolutely terrible, I wouldn't consider any of them close to decent, among the ranks is 41 year old John Moore who, surprisingly, has 6 caps for Hong Kong. When I checked his profile I also noticed a saving grace, he's got a staff profile :D I've found my new assistant!

In the off-season, I only made a couple signings, 1 regen, and a good GK. I've sold $14k of players (3 of them) so far.

In the meantime, my key players are getting injured.:( (But they should be ready come the beginning of the season)

My first 4 youth player projects are all going to be with my team to start the season.:)

2016 - Hangzhou - Chinese Super League

Media Prediction - 3rd

Final Position - 1st League Table

Transfer Budget - 365k

Wage Budget - 28.04k p/w

League

Another impressive season for Hangzhou as we had succumbed to a 5 point deficit by the half way stage of the season. Shandong were the front runners and never looked like losing. We kept the pressure on and waiting for them to slip up, which they did. We secured a 7 game winning streak to take top spot. It was a tight closing stage to the season but we came out on top and managed to secure a second successive title victory.

Positions Graph

Cup

1st Round Tianjin 2-2 Hangzhou (Tianjin win on Penalties)

We were unlucky to end the game like so, they snuck a late injury time equaliser and the fact that my best penalty taker has 6 for Penalty Kicks we never looked like winning the shootout.

Asian Champions League

I had said last season we had the possibility of qualifying for the next round after the group stages, that was until i realised it was only the top team from each group to go through. I was very pleased with my 2nd Place Finish[/url in Group G.

ASEAN Cup

Have no idea what this cup competition is all about. Nor did my players i think. 3 games in 7 days was killer and we finished bottom of the group.

Transfers/Squad

Notable players out this season were Guo Deming, the pre arrange transfer to Changchun for 1.3m and Qu Xiaohui to Qingdao for 1m. Nie Tao also went to Xiamen for 100k and reserve player Gao Feng left for 8k. Those sales meant we had some real money to spend for once. Ling Yi'nan came in, in July as a decent replacement for Deming. Scoring 11 in 13 in the league. The other major signing was Liu Xing for 250k, as cover for LB/CB, but next season will probably slot into LB. My best buy of the season has to be Nur Ruslan[/url who came in from PSM in Indonesia.

Transfers

Squad+Stats

Top Scorer - Erdenebayar, 22

Most Assists - Viquez, Erdenebayar, 14

MOM - Erdenabayar, 5

Ave Rating - Erdenebayar, 7.45

Average attendance increased again. As did Season Ticket Sales.

Average Attendance
2013 - 2084 (+1520)
2014 - 4054 (+1970)
2015 - 4172 (+118)
2016 - 7192 (+3020)

Finances Really took a hammering this season, due to player sales, ticket sales and Asian Champions League competition.

I managed to claim the Manager of the Month for April, June, August and September. Accumulating to the Manager Of The Year award.

We managed to have the first 3 players in the Young Player Of The Year Award

Aims for next seaon

Season Team                League              Finished
2008   Hangzhou            Jia League          12th
2009   Hangzhou            Jia League          11th
2010   Hangzhou            Jia League          9th
2011   Hangzhou            Jia League          5th
2012   Hangzhou            Jia League          3rd
2013   Hangzhou            Jia League          1st
2014   Hangzhou            Super League        4th
2015   Hangzhou            Super League        1st
2016   Hangzhou            Super League        1st

good luck roberto!!

good season again, rancer, should be able to push on from 5th this time around!

ToMexico!! >> congrats on winning the league again! never heard of the ASEAN cup either, never nice when you lose every game though!

should have another update soon... and this just happened... not bad for someone who only played 25 games for me! lol

That's some really good money you got there, Pompey sold the striker they bought from me when i was at Kwai Tsing to villa for 4.1m so Kwai Tsing made a profit of 2m there, hasnt helped them at all, I kinda regret selling him, i'm sure i wouldve done alot better if i wouldve kept on to him for 3-4 more seasons,

yeah ive been very lucky in that the players i hvae sold, have all gone to decent clubs, but all with future fee clauses in, so im set for quite a bit of money in the future!! balance is very very healthy anyways (£14.4m now, after that transfer!!)

Some money you made there rinso :D

Nice to see that you lasted 500 games :p

And good luck in India VeniVidiVicious :thup:

lol ta muchly!! just seen on profile, i've so far spent £475k on buying players, and made £19.75m... lol :D no wonder the chairman loves me!

Thanks a lot man, just realised the sheer magnitude of this challenge! I'm 2000-1 to win the league!!

lol, we at least its not 2000-1 to survive the first season.:p

It's a challenge, but as you can see with ToMexico!! and rinso, you can really achieve something.:)

Archived