[FM15][WIP] US lower leagues

Blue Lou

• SI Staff

I have no idea what "clutch" means. :p

The issue with the PDL is that I can get the right teams into the playoff and they play games against the correct teams, but the game doesn't record the outright winner correctly.

It's awarding the winner of first "stage" of the competition (Great Lakes) instead of the outright winner. It doesn't seem to realise that there are several preliminary stages and instead treats it as if it is sequential.

If its some help I set up the PDL with the playoffs as stages in the Parent Competition, Stages 0-3 are the 4 conference playoffs, stage 4 is the national playoff. On the PDL's competition tab I selected "Stage Finished Actions" -> Add History Record - Stage Index = 4 - Competition = "USL PDL".

The history record is added for both the league i.e. Mid-Atlantic Division and PDL. I didn't set "Other Competition to use" for any of the playoffs.

pdleditor_zps98621f16.png

nvroyals_zpsf7b9127d.png

pdl2_zpsf8b3152b.png

pdl1_zps3b578374.png

• SI Staff

That's set up how I've set mine up, even the stage abbreviations (scon, ccon, econ and wcon) are the same ! :)

I think it's an issue with conferences having a different number of rounds; two have three rounds and two have two. I just can't seem to get the rankings right.

• SI Staff

I've turned it off for now because there was an issue with the second season and it wouldn't be fair to let people start a new game only to find there are no fixtures. ;)

• SI Staff

The NASL is working fine, the issue I have is with the PDL playoffs.

The first "stage" of the PDL (the Great Lakes division) is storing the winner twice.

AmqMeCD.jpg

Despite the overall final taking place:

zc6SkUs.jpg

The problem is that when the final takes place, the game doesn't realise that this is the final game of the competition (despite an 'add history' set in the editor, the achievevements are added but not the club competition history) and instead uses the rankings from the first child competition it comes across. As a result, the first child competition's stage (Great Lakes) has two history records - one from being told to save by the child competition and another from the overall competition saving the record to the wrong place.

There are two competitions that I know of where there's a similar setup. The English FA Trophy and Johnstone's Paint trophy. Unfortunately, they seem to have something hardcoded so that the game knows that there are several first stages.

• SI Staff

I was still having issues with the PDL, I just can't seem to figure it out.

I've uploaded with NASL and USL Pro enabled for now.

I also haven't figured out how to update the file already on Steam Workshop so there is a new url:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=344046192

my file is eating my head in. I'm recreating the NASL the way the MLs works - with the different stages also showing up as different competitions, recording the winner of each season, overall season and playoff finals - I have also set rivalry cups, and they work. Everything works fine, except when the game is verifying the file it always gives me an error in the second division, where suddenly two teams in the league are replaced by Chivas USA and Rochester Rhinos or Richmond Kickers, despite the fact that the file has no promotion/relegations set. I'm going to have to report this as a bug.

I was still having issues with the PDL, I just can't seem to figure it out.

I've uploaded with NASL and USL Pro enabled for now.

I also haven't figured out how to update the file already on Steam Workshop so there is a new url:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=344046192

Hey would you be able to unload the file on a file sharing site like a drop box? Steam workshop is pretty much useless right now. Everything I sub to never downloads...

Showing 9 games in fall schedule and 9 in spring. Shouldnt it be 9 & 18?

Yea should be 9 & 18 but they only played 9 because of the world cup.

Also for USL PRO I would disable registration dates and set a U21 limit to 5, raise the max roster size to 31.

USL PRO teams can only carry 5 youth players (U21)

I tried the same as AUS and NZ here with the US. I imported last year's file, all 4 tiers (MLS, NASL, USL Pro, PDL and the Rivalry Cups). All is fine, all clubs are where they should be. And when I start testing the editor crashes everytime. The only thing from stoping me play is USA. I want it fully activated to add the file to the other 68 I have ready. Sorry I couldn't help. :) Maybe guys you'll have more luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The NASL is working fine, the issue I have is with the PDL playoffs.

The first "stage" of the PDL (the Great Lakes division) is storing the winner twice.

AmqMeCD.jpg

Despite the overall final taking place:

zc6SkUs.jpg

The problem is that when the final takes place, the game doesn't realise that this is the final game of the competition (despite an 'add history' set in the editor, the achievevements are added but not the club competition history) and instead uses the rankings from the first child competition it comes across. As a result, the first child competition's stage (Great Lakes) has two history records - one from being told to save by the child competition and another from the overall competition saving the record to the wrong place.

There are two competitions that I know of where there's a similar setup. The English FA Trophy and Johnstone's Paint trophy. Unfortunately, they seem to have something hardcoded so that the game knows that there are several first stages.

Try don't treat champs as comp champs on league settings (other stage actions) and one tick on hidden stage

• SI Staff

I've got the NASL & USL working but the game crashes on 28 September 2014. I don't know why it's always that date, nothing that I can see happens on that date.

• SI Staff

I think I'll have to call it a day on this project. I can't get MLS using all 20 teams in the second season if I have it enabled. It simply uses 18 and stops recording history after 2015.

Archived