Goals from corners

Anyone else noticing absolutely bucket loads of goals from corners? Was the same for me in FM14 and no matter what settings are tested it results in the same outcome which is 2-3 goals a game straight from a corner. Players never follow the runners and if a ball bounces in the box there's always an attacking player there. This isn't just against me so don't think i'm raging after a loss, pretty much every single one of my corners hit the back of the net.

Corners are important set-piece opportunities but how many do you really see your team score in real life?

Well, I've seen many posts about this, maybe it only happens on higher levels?

Because I'm managing a team in the Romanian League II, and I do have quite a large amount of corners every game, but they rarely lead to a goal. Really rarely.

I'm not conceding too many from corners since I changed the defensive setup of them. Have a full back on both posts, centre halfs marking tall men, then have 3-4 players marking the 6 yard box, 1 player on edge of box and everyone else back too.

I always have everyone back for corners, not concerned with hitting teams on the break as I can score enough goals anyway. It's all about prevention for me.

You can also set your pre match training to set piece defence to just to further solidify.

I'm yet to find a good routine to score goals from corners myself tho so help with that would be great!!

I've seen what i'd say is far too many near post headers end up as goals for both myself and the computer. I've also seen a large chunk from early crosses being met at the near post.

I have a save currently with Blackburn and Matthew Kilgallon has bagged 4 goals in 11 games so far and all have been near post headers from corners. He also scored 2 in 4 pre-season games.

Archived